Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

Having figured out the cost and the items desired, the Sphinx swipes the enormous pile of treasure and the dossier off of the counter and takes it into the small closet sized enclosure in the back of the structure. As she goes, she telepathically communicates:

"It would not be wise for me to remain in telepathic communion during rendering of services, I will be removing the effect, but you may invite me back into the telepathic communion once the service is rendered."

She enters the enclosed confinement and after a short moment returns with goodies for the group.

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show
    She places the following on the counter:
    Metamagic Rod of Chaining (normal)
    Banner of the Astral Bastion (Shoulder slot or held, 20ft aura of immunity to Dismiss Ectoplasm and Incorporeality Nova for wielder and allies)
    Wand of Find Traps (50/50 charges)
    Wand of Sending (50/50 charges)
    Gloves of Empowered Turning
    3 Scrolls of CL 10 Rope Trick

She looks quizzically at the group, respecting your wishes for communication to be silent.

Spoiler: Assuming she is re-invited to the collective
    Show
    She rejoins the collective to inform you of the results of the Hypercognition service.
    "It seems this Magnificent Mento has shielded himself against information gathering tactics, however, information related to the individual but not directly pertaining to him was not shielded. His capabilities, current whereabouts, and the like are unknown. However, it was determined what his abilities of divination revealed to him seventy years ago. He was given a vision related to your past and future and is convinced that you will be responsible, whether directly or indirectly, for a near unthinkable calamity that may well eradicate all life on the material plane.

He has convinced several powerful figures in this city that this is indeed the truth that they might work with him in what it is believed that he believes is an earnest attempt to save the world by any means necessary, and is associating with powers that it is believed he believes simply to be the lesser of two evils. He has escalated to the point of seeking your untimely demise after his plot to knock you out of the time stream until past the appointed time was foiled.

I can't guarantee the authenticity of the speculation on the part of the provider of the Hypercognition - that he believes he is saving the world, or that he is choosing the lesser evil, but the nature of his vision is certain, and the conclusions of the individual who rendered the service are likely to be correct."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis Tristalt In-Character Mk. II

"Th- thank you very much." Sahael starts trembling. His mental voice is pained. "Renia, you are far wiser and more moral than I am. Such a calamity will not be intentional, I swear on my very soul and to all the Gods in the Upper Planes. But it could be accidental, or coincidental. I've already made one catastrophic blunder. Please don't let me make another. Promise me you will stop me from being the smartest fool in existence."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    How far do we have to go to reach a valid burrow point? I think we've still got a Teleport, but just in case.

Would Knowledge (History) or (Psionics) tell me anything about self-fulfilling prophecies? Would anyone else's skills work for that?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, Kasha, can you upgrade weapons? I've been thinking of adding an echantment to my sword. Unfortunately, I don't have the money tobuy it here at the moment.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Kasha

Normally I can't, though I'm not sure if I might be able to with Sahael's assistance.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, of course we can do that, once things have settled down a bit.

Before we depart there's one last thing I need."
    Sahael sets 400 gp on the counter, and looks absolutely ashamed to even be asking after what he did with the last one. "I need a Feather Token Tree."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Sphinx takes the gold and acquires you a Feather Token Tree.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"...Could we remove the Sphinx from the collective now? This next part is probably best done privately. Besides, we've got another Teleport to do."

Assuming Sahael complies, Renia will teleport the group back out into the countryside before responding.

"Really? You think that's it? Just delegate your thinking to someone else and the world will be safe?! It won't be, Sahael. There's no guarantee I'll be available when it matters, no guarantee you'd still be inclined to listen to me when the time comes, and no guarantee that either of us would know (or notice) when it does.

For all we know, none of what happens is deliberate on your part, anyway. It would, in fact, fit the facts as well as we know them better that way - a deliberate act on your part could have been averted by Mento simply sharing the prophecy with you. That he's attempting to kill you suggests that it is something he does not think you can be talked out of or warned against. This could, of course, be incorrect reasoning on his part, but it's fairly safe to assume he, at least, believes it's such a situation.

Now, we could speculate forever if we wished, but this tends to be one of those situations where the best solution is the simplest one. I say we go ask Mento what he saw. More specifically, I suggest we hide you, and then Kasha, Trasil and I go and ask Mento. If we can get in close enough without getting into another fight, he may well be willing to talk. Especially when we propose to hand you over for destruction if he can convince us there's no way to avoid or circumvent the vision, and that the future without you in it is better than the one with.

I won't even have to lie. If he can convince me that handing you over is the only way to save the world, I will do it. But we will look for alternatives first, and that process can only start if we get him to share the prophetic vision we're going to have to try to avert.
    "

Probably the most chilling part was that her tone never once varied from 'clinical'. No passion, no anger. Just the serious tones she had probably honed on years of parishioners and the wounded.

"But that's for the morning. Until then, we have some work to do. May I have one of the scrolls of Rope Trick? We should get into cover first. Trasil and my requests are likely to take some time, and I have to work on a new spell for tomorrow..."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Sahael hands over all 3 scrolls of Rope Trick.

"While you make excellent points, I was not asking for delegation so much as for counsel, for we have different mental specialties and modes of thought. Particularly, you counterbalance my ruthlessness and are more scholarly. If I decide I need to shove an evil artifact-wielding demigod into a Sphere of Annihilation, who better to warn me that it might cause a total planar collapse or summon the doombringer from the Far Realms? Since we know about the prophecy, we all need to be even more proactive and aggressively preempt any planar-level risks if we have even the slightest notion of such a risk."

He pulls out the Wand of Sending and sends a message to Nate. "We need help. Situation complicated. My Seer is pulling strings, conspiring to destroy my soul." The remaining 10 words go to describing the approximate location of their camp. He then Reconfigures to have Burrow and Eyestalks. He submerges, with eyes sticking above the surface, and waits, watching.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Nate responds to the sending "I'll meet you at your present location. I'll be there soon."

Several minutes pass by before the familiar sight of Nate riding his pet hunting bat Pazuzu swoops down from above. The bat gracefully descends in a wide spiral until it lands nearby. Nate casually strolls over to the group and asks "So what manner of help are you looking for?"

Pazuzu paces restlessly nearby.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Sahael pops back out of his hiding spot in the ground. He auto-succeeds on Sense Motive to detect Enchantments. Assuming he detects nothing, he'll proceed.

"Not really sure. Things are an absolute mess. The guy I've been after" He shows the sketch. "was set off decades ago by a prophecy that I'd somehow inadvertently be involved in destroying all life on the Material Plane. Since he couldn't avoid it with the Quintessence trap, now he's going for death and/or soul destruction. He's convinced a bunch of the more powerful people in the city of this, and they're conspiring. There's no completing our quest without dealing with him first. He's one of the biggest obstacles in our way, and will continue to come after us even if we manage to bypass him here.

We've had two failed forays into the Otyugh Hole and the adjoining area full of caged creatures and gladiator-slaves. All we've managed is some poor intel-gathering, and two easily-reversed deaths. You've probably noticed the other group of adventurers here to collect our bounties. I drove them off with a massive cave-in, but there were a bunch of accidental civilian deaths. I have a plan for resurrecting them all en masse, but in the mean time, the adventurer who was most likely to negotiate, an Azurin, has bought into the propaganda and is now hellbent on revenge.

So, that's where we stand. I've got this Wand of Sending to attempt negotiation. We need to make plans for taking them down if that doesn't work. We need to go after one of Mento's co-conspirators to figure out how we get at him directly. I figure our overly conspicuous antics have done wonders for keeping the heat off you while you're snooping around. Maybe if we coordinated something, you could go after one of the co-conspirators while the whole city is distracted. Mr. Ordo himself is probably too dangerous to take on alone, but his associates are probably also in on this. You got any leads for singling out one of them as a worthwhile target?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Nate responds in his raspy whisper:

"I see. I've been investigating the goings-on but I don't think his Mento character is pulling all the strings, only some of them. I started off trying to get information from the criminal elements in the city, but it seems they've become the government. This happened well before Mento showed up here, shortly after the Duke got sick and miraculously recovered. It seems he's definitely got the Ordo family's ear, and is being allowed to move around within the court, but most of the officials don't pay him much credence.

I have a lead you might be able to follow up on, but it may be dangerous. It seems the head honcho of the slave gathering operations is a tielfing. She goes by the name Rory, and came into power shortly after the Duke's mysterious illness. Before that she was a crime boss in the area. The warforged gang that held the most recent slave auction are some of her underlings, and while she doesn't have any influence with the Conferi she has a good deal of sway with the city guard now. She's been trying to get in on the Ordo's coliseum business but hasn't had much luck. As far as I know she's neutral towards the Ordo right now, but it might be possible to pull her strings and play the groups against each other. The only problem for you might be who would end up as collateral damage if they began a turf war.

That's really all I have. I don't want to get involved with the court here, and since the criminal element is the court, there's really nowhere else to turn to scrounge up more information. If there's something specific you want me to do, I'll consider it, but I'll probably return to the Capital soon."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, I don't want any more collateral. Would she be likely to have any useful info on the Ordo family? We could always destroy her operation and then interrogate her. Perhaps if we make a public display after their deaths, some kind of half-melted Warforged totem, we could also start inspiring a proper resistance movement against the local tyrants."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"The Ordo family has been law abiding even before the cultural shift in Comercia, whereas Rory was criminal, so theirs is a fledgling rivalry not even two years old. I don't know if she'd have gotten anything really useful on the Ordo family in that time, but it's possible, she is an experienced crime boss after all." Nate says in reply. You get the impression that he specifically calls her out as being experienced to suggest the possibility she might not be so easily toppled.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, if the others think this is a worthwhile step towards victory, then we can certainly pull it off. We've got former possessions of the warforged to aid in scrying. And after I resculpt my memories a bit, I'll have a new technique that could come in handy for destroying their morale, especially if we have a smaller encounter with them before the main confrontation with Rory. Specifically, a hostile Mindlock that leaves a victim's mind susceptible to my own special brand of terror. Once formed, I can terrorize and mutilate them from afar as if I were physically present. Once I've forced my way in, it is too late to resist any further. I can make an example of whichever unlucky warforged we allow to report the first attack, in front of Rory. And then I can use that power on her in combat before delivering an ultimatum. When one can simply retreat and then make a foe cower and inexplicably shred apart into bloody pieces of gore, or scrap metal as the case may be, from an unknown position, one can be very persuasive." Sahael starts chuckling darkly, several steps removed from outright evil laughter, but still disconcerting. "Oh yes, they will know the pain of one's life being under the control of another, as they have inflicted on countless others. And then they will surrender. They can't NOT surrender. Not without something like Mind Blank."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Going to Psychic Reformation my Terrors and Dread Bonus Feats to learn Mindlock and Open Door. Fear in Flesh, Imperious Command and Fearsome armor makes this an awesome/terrifying combo.
    Last edited by General Patton; 2015-06-15 at 08:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Nate replies "I see you've thought this through. Is there anything else you need from me?"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"Would you happen to know anything about the capabilities of Rory and her main underlings? And what have they been up to ever since we drove everyone into a panic? I figure they're either keeping their heads down, or bounty hunting. What about their bases of operations?

Does she have a family? We all know how quickly I 180'd when dealing with that Orc. It may help convince her to talk if I mention that the last guy I interrogated who had a family earned my mercy. And merely revealing that I know about hers would give me an advantage when her imagination runs wild at the implications.

Oh yeah, the other group of adventurers seems to be in it for the political favor. You're more knowledgeable about the subject than I am. Any chance we could use Sending to pull some strings at the capital and make it more favorable for them to either cooperate with us or stop interfering?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"I don't know what Rory's personal capabilities are. She has two tieflings that work closely with her, who might be related to her, to the best of my knowledge they perform secretarial work and I haven't heard that they have any combat ability. They go by the names Sly and Cunning. I assume they're pseudonyms. Otherwise, I don't know of any family.

As a crime boss, Rory has mostly just managed underlings to accomplish whatever goals she's had in mind, keeping her own hands relatively clean. Her personal underlings are headhunters. They've mostly adapted to the new moral climate by gathering slaves and capturing monsters, I'm really not sure what their personal capabilities are, precisely, but they're quite good at taking down foes without resorting to lethal force. I'd expect they use magic to accomplish this, but they're very selective about who can accompany them, and newcomers either die on the first outing or are indoctrinated into their group. They're careful not to move alone, so getting information out of them is somewhat difficult. Below that she controls most of the new town guard. They're just thugs and sell-swords. I haven't seen or found anything particularly noteworthy in the ranks of the town guard, those I've questioned aren't very informed. They typically don't even know who controls the town guard."

Nate grimaces for a moment, calling something to mind.

"Since you're serious about going after Rory, I should tell you I was able to pick up the scent of a covered up assassination of one of the old guard of the Duke's court that happened some time back, based on what little information I got, she might have the Clawed Boogeyman in her employ. The Clawed Boogeyman is a notorious assassin normally associated with one of the major syndicates based in Mare; our main border outpost with Bellicus. Nobody knows what the person looks like as there are never any witnesses, just the mutilation left behind after a job. The Boogeyman is only used for important jobs though, as not even skilled magic practitioners have been able to restore those slain to life, or divine the culprit.

This might mean that Rory is a branch head of that syndicate, but the details were accounted from old memories, as the records were mysteriously lost, and didn't match other accounts perfectly. It could've been set up to look that way as an intimidation tactic. It's difficult to know for certain."

Nate sighs as the topic turns towards the capital and the court there.

"As far as the capital is concerned, it really depends on what they want the political favor for specifically. If it's to enact some kind of law change, that would be extremely difficult with the king's present state, assuming it hasn't changed, but it would be possible to do so locally here, assuming there was no conflict with the king's law. If they're looking for title or land or something, the court magician has the authority to grant the lowest titles of knight, baron and viscount if the king should be indisposed, though, historically, it hasn't been done. You'd probably need to make a pretty convincing case. You'd also need to call in any favor you might have to accomplish such. We might have some from cleaning out the tomb where we found you, but it might not be enough to evoke meaningful action from the court."
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2015-06-18 at 12:08 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think I know how we can do it. We scry the warforged and pick an opportune moment to strike when they are isolated. We leave one of them alive but incapacitated. I will ensnare it with the Mindlink and then drag it deep underground where no one can reach it. We make a surprise attack on Rory. If we are forced to retreat, then I can return our prisoner to the surface, resuscitate him, and send him off as a messenger/example to destroy her morale before the second strike. I can't see any obvious improvements to be made there.

Would you care to camp out with us before you depart? We're just about to set up a Rope Trick."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"I'm going to leave immediately for the capital, since Pazuzu does perfectly fine in the dark, and while I personally don't want to deal with the court, it's a long shot, but, if I drop some anonymous tips to the Convectus twins, they might be able to rile up some action from the capital to help your cause here. Or at least try to stamp out this corruption. I figure in this matter, every second counts."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright. Thanks for the assistance. Godspeed."

Sahael will provide everyone with any Psychic Reformationing they need, Overchanneled and augmented such that it does not inflict any penalties.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Nate bids you farewell and whistles, causing Pazuzu to wobble over to him with a very funny looking jaunt. It's not long before Nate has mounted his trusty bat and the creature spreads its impressive leather wings and takes to the sky, needing several extra flaps to lift the weight of its passenger and kicking up waves of dust and dirt.

A few moments later and the bat has carried Nate out of sight.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, we're going to need some Scrying in the morning. That's an hour of time that must be spent in safety. However the information yielded may provide the most advantage if we are closer to the target, so as to strike when the iron is hot.

Thanks to a recent breakthrough, the Collective now reaches out roughly 840 ft. I can take all of us at once and Reposition us to locations of my choosing within 210 ft. Our connection is strong enough to pull all of you through to me despite intervening obstacles, but projecting you back out to your destinations is subject to obstruction, so I can't Echo a Chain of Eyes to seamlessly place us on the other side of a wall that Kasha has passed through. Fortunately, I can also swap the positions of any two of us, so I can Dimension Swap with Kasha and then Reposition us there. Using 3 Dimension Swaps takes slightly less energy than Reposition, so if all we need is to cross through a wall without damaging it, and we're not in a hurry, that's how we'd do it.

We'll want to take full advantage of our not needing to breathe. I can submerge us into the ground and slowly ferry us about, very slowly. The main advantage there is being able to conceal you and then pull you out at a moment's notice. Given the possibility that I could be incapacitated before doing so, you should have a Chain of Eyes on Kasha in order to Dimension Door out of the ground, for survival or offensive purposes. Verbal components will be tricky, but wearing one of these filter masks should leave you with a few cubic inches of free space to move your mouth. We'll need to move as a triangle formation, maintaining contact between all 3 of us, since you won't exactly be free to grab your emergency teleportation-buddy."

Sahael passes 5 filter masks each to Trasil and Renia, who ignored the earlier offer or were late to the party, respectively.

"Once we find our targets and get on the scene, terrain permitting, I can follow the vibrations and force a Mindlock by unobtrusively touching the bottom of their feet. Boots? Metal boot-feet. With that vulnerability open for exploitation, we can then pick the opportune moment to strike. We take one survivor captive, interrogate him, knock him unconscious, and then bury him deep as an insurance policy.

If they're all hunkered down with Rory, then we may need to manufacture a ruse for them to leave. It would have to be business-oriented and not pleasure, since they don't eat or drink and aren't particularly sociable. Maybe if we could fake interest from a potential customer? Or if our presence in the city is known, then they may opt to go headhunting, but they won't be beaten as easily.

Not sure what we'll do about the Clawed Boogeyman. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised someone else already has that moniker. We might want to be prepared in case someone has developed abilities similar to mine. Ordinary protection from fear won't cut it. The only option is to keep your distance or have your mind completely shielded.

Oh, there's a slight chance you could get some info from those guard heads, but I wouldn't expect much from them in that condition.

That mostly just leaves the issue of what to tell the Azurin. 'This was an accident. We have plans to bring back all the innocents who died. A group that is nearly their equal is able to provide favors that nobility and money can't buy.' Etc, etc. Mentioning that we work for the King may be slightly advantageous, but it risks drawing them in as an opposing group trying to find the Potentia for themselves. I'm not sure if the transfer of government is first-come-first-serve with no other selection criteria beyond 'we found the thing', but I wouldn't risk it."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Kasha

I suppose at this point it's already a bit late to stroll in and recruit allies in town. Ah well. I would be careful assuming that any soldier we kidnap is in fact any insurance. We will also need to take measures to ensure we aren't interrupted in this endeavor by our erstwhile pursuers. Though this time I'll at least have 'Deathward' prepped.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm, well, by insurance, I really meant someone we could send in after a retreat and before a second assault. Someone who thinks they're going to deliver a meaningful report to Rory but in fact is actually going to freeze in terror before her and be shredded to pieces as a morale-breaker."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Fresh off a nice long period of letting Sahael gather information that will probably be useful... much later..., Renia finally pipes up again.

"For a 'good' person you seem remarkably fond of terrorizing people. It's my professional opinion as a priest that you've probably been skipping too many sermons in favour of advancing your adventuring career. You may want to do something about that...

Anyway, nice as this discussion is, I'm not taking any part in it. The plan, I mean. I'm not prepared to run around playing politics until I've gotten the details of that vision from Mento.

My plan's actually pretty simple, and doesn't involve spreading a single bit of terror. I, and Kasha and Trasil if they're willing to come, will be returning to the city in the morning, under cover of Veil. Then I find Mento, and I speak to Mento. Even if that process requires handing myself in to accomplish.
    "

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"What can I say? There's something viscerally satisfying about using fear against the wicked. I take the embodiment of all my concerns, all my fears of what might happen to contradict what is right, and turn it around on those who would choose to violate what is right.

Wouldn't it be overly selfish to concentrate on the ethical minutia of my decisions when there is so much large-scale evil to set right in the world? I believe an apt metaphor would be 'decorating one's home while the neighborhood is on fire'. Not much point in agonizing over my weapon of choice.

I don't trust Mento around you guys for a second. He will take you hostage immediately and use you to lure me in because he knows it will work. He will put your very soul on the line because he knows better than anyone that I literally can't turn my back on you."
    At this point Sahael is raising his voice as tears stream down his face. "Can't you see what you mean to me? Don't make me sacrifice everything just to save you!" This is the voice of a distraught man whose entire raison-d'etre hangs in the balance. Immeasurable emotional weight invested in the literal and figurative bonds with his companions, their loss is nigh unthinkable and threatens to tear his mind asunder, for if one half of his soul were fear incarnate, then another half would be loyalty incarnate. His psyche resembles not an individual, but rather a family reduced to one member seeking completion.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Trasil simply stands there, thinking. Which plan to go with? He, being a naturally curious person, did want to know what Mento's vision entailed. However, he also knew that it would be enormously risky. If they got captured....

Wait.

What if we made sure that Mento didn't know we were your acquaintances? Granted, disguising ourselves may prove difficult, even with the aid of magic, due to the fact that he may have something such as true sight. But even true sight can't see through a good physical disguise...

That said, Sahael's plan is likely the safer approach. And, it has a much better chance of getting us info.

In the end, I'm fine with either.
    Extended Signature

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show

Trasil, Magus 15//Fighter 12/Ab. Champ 3//Spellsword 10/Factotum 4/LA (Kreshen) 1, Game: Aegis Tristalt
    Potentia Abilities: Sword (Sahael), Clock (Renia)
    Current Buffs Spreadsheet
    Other Abilities: Manifest Body, Teleport abilities

Soulsteel, Aegis 10//Soulknife 10//Mythic (Mutant) 10//Vigilante (Exposed Vigilante) 10, Game: London Extranatural Guild

Tara, Spellthief 2, a noncaster in disguise! Game: Academy Living

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Sahael trembles a bit from the overwhelming stress as he responds. "Unsolicited visitors showing up to ask about the prophecy would be far too suspicious. He'd know you were with me based solely on the timing of the visit.

We'd have better luck finding out the details after we've apprehended him. Even using Sending would be better, on the basis that he reduces the odds of apocalypse by letting me know what to look out for. But we aren't asking him about that right now. He may not be entirely aware of what we do know, and I'd like us to accomplish something meaningful today without his interference."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Renia, it seems, is far less emotional about such things than Sahael is. "You've known me for about two days. Grow up."

Turning to Trasil, she continues: "I wasn't planning to put too much effort into disguising myself. A nice illusion will get me past the worst of the guards - when I reach someone capable of seeing through the illusion, I will simply fall back on the truth - that I'm considering switching sides, but won't make such a move without first being convinced that Sahael's destruction is the only means of thwarting this bad future Mento foresaw."

And back to Sahael to finish: "No offense intended, but until I'm sure that executing you isn't the best thing I can do for the world, I'm of the opinion it's probably best you not do anything."
    Last edited by whoiam; 2015-07-04 at 05:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

One of her comments has struck a nerve with Sahael. "Grow up? You mean to tell me that having empathy is childish? That it is immature to conquer selfishness by loving others as oneself? This is who I am. This is what I am. My psyche is built to quickly form bonds with others and place them above myself. My will shall one day extend across all of reality itself as an impenetrable bulwark for those I have chosen to protect. This is no childish fixation on a new acquaintance. This is the kind of painful responsibility that the Sun Father himself would undertake for his children. If you have a problem with that, I'm sure you know how to take it up with whichever god made me this way. In the meantime, don't tell me that it is wrong for me to feel feelings. Those feelings may seem overly dramatic by normal standards, if only because everyone else's hearts are too small to reciprocate them, but they fuel almost every aspect of my power."
    Last edited by General Patton; 2015-07-04 at 08:54 PM.