New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rein of Madness [IC]

Sense Motive on everything Cailpeach just said. Windchaser is almost certain that A) moving some of the water will spread Cailpeach's progeny or something, B) she knows more about the doll than she's saying, and C) she's lying about the immortality/pollution thing.
    (1d20+19)[20]

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Agh! Not the worst time to roll a 1 but that's still really annoying.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-13 at 02:23 AM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Windchaser, Bladicorn, Anyone else with 20-23 Sense Motive
    Show
    A)She is obvious hiding something, she is clearly avoiding explaining what the effects are. But what exactly you wouldn't have a clue.

B)About the doll she seems honest, in fact she seems to repress annoyance with repeating herself.

C)You have no clue how these creatures exactly work so she could just be telling the truth. The intriguing part is why an immortal creature needs to feed at all.
    Proudly addicted to pointing out where exactly rules can be found.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

What effects allow a saving throw?
    List of almost all 3.5 skills.
    Old PF Initiative Build

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yanisa View Post
    "But that's not the favor I would ask of you. I doubt your friends would allow that, even if they only feed me the most vilest of villains. I rather ask something more personal and close." Cailpeach winks at Bladicorn. "Take a small keg and fill with water of this lake. Make sure it's at least a gallon and find another cozy lake, the larger the better, and add my water to that lake. And before your friends ask, it wouldn't allow me to travel away from here, I am stuck here." She looks optimistic and almost hopeful as she asks to Bladicorn. "So, do we have a deal? Bring my water to a new lake and I call my friend that surely knows what happened to your villagers."
    I close my eyes and cross my forelegs, pretending to think about it. "That's sounds doable." I nod in agreement. Well, it's certainly a small price to pay for joining a new network. Networking is very important if you want to get anywhere in life. Sure, moving around that much water at all times is a bit of a chore, but I'm strong enough to do it. If she's not lying about it letting her move around, it probably would let her communicate over long distances.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmph." Windchaser refuses to be anyone's stooge, and is surprised that Mindy seems completely willing to be used like that. But he's not going to say anything to Cailpeach, and doesn't see much reason to bring it up with the unicorn either - it's not breaking any laws to move some water around, and it hasn't been proven to have negative effects yet.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-13 at 12:04 PM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Entero begins to look around the area, going back over the conversation with Callipeach looking for clues to what her game was. He agreed, though, they should have stopped dealing with the cannibal some time ago.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+16)[32]
    Sense Motive - (1d20+13)[23]
    Assuming Magic-Psionics transparency, he's also searching his brain for anything he might know about Callipeach's kind and the probable effects of what she used. He wants to be ready, just in case.
    [roll=Know(Psi)]1d20+6[/roll]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+8)[11]

* post roll count doesn't match database

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire
    Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:
    PsyBomb's Guides to the Akashic Mysteries (Now with all three classes!)
    Fear Itself: the Dread

Extended Signature HERE

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

I lie down. So maybe Entero wasn't interested in fighting, or I called his bluff. Either way, we won't be fighting. That's a good sign. We wouldn't be getting anywhere. "If you're not interested in attacking, sit down, relax, and take your load off. I'm busy trying to gather more information." I smile, trying to calm the earth pony. "Cailpeach, I'm not carrying a container large enough with me. A proper unicorn keeps her word, but I'm afraid I can't get your help unless you trust me." I sigh. It is a tricky conundrum. "You see, the easiest way to get a barrel would be to find one in the town, but I can't get there without you fulfilling your end of the bargain first. I know this is a terrible way to conduct business, being in a stanger's debt, but I don't have any other option." It is troubling indeed. I would hate to break my first promise made out of prison, or any for that matter, so trickery is not an option her.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Windchaser chimes in again.

"You don't have a way into town. But I do, and I'm willing to share. Without any suspicious requests."
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Windchaser has certainly taken a safe distance. I speak up slightly to him. "Excellent. If that's the case, could you fetch me a barrel? Of course, that it's if your cautious leader, Mr. Entero has faith in your ability to keep yourself safe. I'd hate for you to be injured on my account."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-13 at 02:01 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't see any reason to help the water-pony, nor do I see any reason for you to be associating with her. The only thing she has to offer us is a way into the city, and I will soon have rendered that particular bargaining chip irrelevant. If you still want a barrel when we get inside, I won't stop you from taking one with you.

And for the record, Entero's not the leader of our group. He's still my superior, but the one in charge is the phoenix wolf."
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-13 at 02:30 PM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

I change the subject. I think a tunnel is the preferable method. It's less noticeable. Besides, I'm very curious about whom her contact is. Of course, that's the least pressing concern. "The wolf is in charge? Why would that be, exactly?" I raise an eyebrow.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-13 at 02:51 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Cailpeach smiles with a devilish grin. "So it's a deal, but likewise I have the same problem, I cannot instantly honor our agreement. To summon my friend I need dive down in the lake and get something. While I am down I could look for something to carry water, there is a lot of junk down there. Stuff from the Ancientfolk. Give a minute or three." She turns around and dives into the water.

True to her word she returns three minutes later and lies down a large Clay Jug in front of Bladicorn. The jug is detailed with various symbols and such and seems old. It is a wonder the thing isn't cracked or broken. Cailpeach plugs the jug with a stopper and smiles. "It's kinda old and gross, but it does its job. As for my part of the deal." She stretches out one of her hoofs and you can make a small silver bracelet on it. It's has a heart shaped charm hanging on it and three rings indicating it once had more charms. "I must warn you, my friend is a creature of this place, but his soul is forged elsewhere." She touches the heart-charm with her other hoof. "Hey Shadow Knight, you still own me a favor." A moment passes without anything happening, Cailpeach sighs. "Hey Shadow Knight, don't be a jerk today"

Suddenly a creature appears next to Cailpeach. It is one of those shadow ponies like you encountered before, but this one seems to have a bit more detail. You can vaguely make out that he wears some kind of heavy barding and the form is head is completely determined by his helmet. A horn is poking out, proving this is, or was, an unicorn. On his armor, on the place where you expect a mark of destiny, you can make the symbol of Sun Queen. He looks startled and then gets angry. "Cailpeach! Did you have to summon me in the middle of the sun! You know that ruins me!" Cailpeach response with laugher. "Hehe, irony." Suddenly the shadow pony notices the rest of the group. "Ah, the guests." He bows polity to the group. "Your guests need your help, so I call in a favor." Shadow Knight, as he was called, turns and looks at Cailpeach with a frown, then turns back to the group. "I am so sorry you had to deal her." "Heh, like my existence is your fault." "Your continued existence is. Likewise mine existence is your fault." Cailpeach rolls her eyes. "Yeah, I would blame your goddess, fancy pants, but I think my new friend and her companions need your help. Not us bickering." Cailpeach walks a couple of dozen feet away and lies down again.

The shadow knight sighs and turns to the group again. "Again, I am sorry. I hope she doesn't tried to attack you, or control you, or make deals with you. She is a horrible creature that only spouts lies and dead. If there is anything I can help with, my honor demands me to make this up to you."

Spoiler: Entero
    Show
    You spend a some time searching trough the forest. You see a couple of unique plants and flowers, a weird red black striped insect and a rather large spider but still small enough to squish. But nothing indicating a doll or hoof-prints.

You haven't seen Cailpeach use any of her powers, but you assume she isn't a creature of pure magic or pure psionics. You do have the feeling that she probably has some sort of controlling power, because no pony would willing follow someone to their dead.
    That bracelet she used, that is magic item though.

Countdown to Belkar's death and my follow-up count gives us less then 3 weeks left. Poor Belkar.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sorry to disappoint, but this unicorn's already got a little deal with your aquatic companion. Mindy here will move a gallon of water from this lake to another, and in exchange Cailpeach summoned you. It's clearly a terrible idea, and we don't need your help getting into the city anyways, but Mindy seems convinced that it's better than just going over the wall for some reason."
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-13 at 03:22 PM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

I recoil at the jug slightly. That has been sitting in the lake this whole time? It looks like it more than just water. Still, if it's a trap, I'd better make sure to fall for it. It's far too interesting to be left alone. I examine

Relevant roll to examine jug (knowledge? Spellcraft?): (1d20)[6]

Hmm... I could say that Cailpeach has only been a pleasure to speak to, but I don't want this shadow pony to think that he doesn't have to help. I really should have tried communicating with the other ones before I attacked them. "Oh, indeed, sir. I am Mindy. I need a way into yonder walled city. I was wondering if you could help in locating a tunnel?"

I've made a deal, I might as well reap the rewards. Of course, if the Goddess mentioned is the Night Mare, I do t know where I stand.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-13 at 03:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Geez, this Mindy unicorn is bad at listening.

"You clearly don't understand what I've been saying. I can get you into the city, no shady dealings necessary. I've been working on our way over the wall for an hour, and I'm finishing it right—"

He pauses, closes his eyes, and concentrates for a brief moment. The patterns on his front hooves glow bright, spread farther down his legs, shift themselves into a more rigid, orderly pattern, and return to their normal faint silver color.

"—Now."

He stands.

"Taking the underwater tunnel doesn't guarantee us a way back out of the city. These, on the other hand, do."

He points one hoof at the ground near Mindy and the Shadow Knight, and a strand of silvery-white material shoots from his hoof and anchors itself on the ground. Only a moment later, Windchaser launches towards the pair of unicorns, retracting the tendril as he goes, until he is standing over the point where the rope was anchored.

"Of course, I can't force you to follow me over the wall, and my commanding officers will probably object to you coming along, but you've proven yourself to be competent and we have a common goal of getting to the asylum. The decision to enter the city with me or to go in alone is yours to make."

Show
    That Mindy is bad at listening is Windchaser's observation, not mine.

Lashing Spinnerets are now bound, and I reallocate essence: three in Lashing Spinnerets and Sentinel's Helm, two in Stalker's Tabi.

@Yanisa: I hope you don't mind my finishing up the binding process now. You were a bit ambiguous regarding exactly when I would be done with it.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-13 at 04:00 PM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Entero grins. He'd heard a bit about the Akashic scouts, but never had the privilege of working with one. "No offense meant to you, but I think being able to take a direct route over the walls is better than a tunnel whose end point is known. Windchaser, how quickly can you prepare a way over for those of us who are... mediocre at climbing, shall we say?"

Spoiler: NETWORK
    Show
    "Seriously, though, I'll need at least a minute. Something is fishy here, and not just her Mark of Destiny. Especially that bracelet, need the time to conduct a thorough scan. Flamestrike, can you keep them talking for a bit?"

Show
    Manifesting Detect Psionics, using a Focus to suppress signs. I'll roll Spellcrafts as requested, but going to start with the bracelet
    Spellcraft - (1d20+8)[14]

Optimization stops being practical and starts being theoretical when your DPR is measured in Tarrasques instead of hit points
    My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

I look up for a moment at Windchaser, but the go back to look at the jar. I think I'm going to sniff it. "That's all well and good, but I'd like to see this through. It's an experiment. Besides, if I know what I think, this good sir," I gesture at the shadow pony, "is good for his word." That is, if he worships the axiomatic Night Mare or Sun Queen. "I could stand to learn something." I sniff the jar.

"Isn't that right, sir?" A give a warm smile.

Diplomacy on the shadow pony: (1d20+16)[34]

Oh, I'm off track, aren't I? Well I can't look like I'm in a rush. I don't want them to think I have actual business in the city. It could give away my identity.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

I've spent the last hour meditating, and I've already announced that I've finished my preparations - no point in lying about it.

"I'll be ready whenever the Colonel is, Sergeant. Has the doll been found?"
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-13 at 09:31 PM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

"It has not, yet. As far as I can tell, it's not in this area. Someone may have moved it since Callipeach used it for bait"

My Guides:

Extended Signature HERE

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

"For the record, her name is Cailpeach." The tip the jug slightly with my hoof, staring at it intently. "Also, you follow that wolf simply because he's in a better pay grade? He seems grossly incompetent. After all, the most dangerous thing you can hear in the army is an officer saying 'I was just thinking.'" The punchline is because they don't think. In the Night Mare's army, people were promoted into leadership based on merit and accomplishments. It's one of the reasons why the queen's armor lost so many battles. When you have an untested army lead by people who were differentiated by a label and nothing more, you'll run into a lack of experience problem.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

"First impressions can be deceiving." Windchaser turns away, leaving Mindy to deal with the Shadow Knight on her own.

Spoiler: Network
    Show
    "Why do we continue to linger here? We're here to investigate Ever Rain, not waste our time listening to a pompous unicorn who thinks she can do our job better than us. I have our way over the wall, so there's no need to wait any longer."
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-14 at 02:04 AM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Another frown appears on Shadow Face and he turns to Cailpeach again. "Why are you making them carry water around?" "Well I needed summer vacation house." "Why do you always have to lie?" He turns to Mindy. "You have made a dangerous deal and I have no clue what her plans are. The fact she actually honored her part of the deal is almost magical. Her words are less worth then dirt. As for getting in the city, I could help." He gets interrupted by Windchaser's webslinging. "That could also work. Seems safer then the ruins that litter underground. But if you don't meet me I am going to kill Cailpeach again. Teaches her to summon me in sunlight." He sounds rather hateful and filled with anger. Cailpeach doesn't seem to respond and yawns lazily again.

Spoiler: Entero
    Show
    The bracelet Cailpeach carries shows up as magical item with a strong aura.
    OOC: If you want to roll a spellcraft, you need to get very close to Cailpeach and get her to allow you to study her item for 3 rounds. You can roll a knowledge Arcana/Psionics to determine the school.

Also the jug is nonmagical, which you might notice too.

Spoiler: Bladicorn
    Show
    OOC: I would say that examine the jug requires an Appraise check. I would also allow Craft (Pottery) or Knowledge (History). Not that you have any of those skills, so I am going to with a 12 appraise check for the description.

The jug you examine seems detailed, it seems to be telling a story. It starts with a group of ponies grazing, then a bipedal creature with six arms appears. It seems to be carrying lightning in his hands and throws bolts around. The next picture shows the pony armors and fighting the creature. After that the six-armed died and all the ponies seemed to have gained lightning symbols on their flanks. Then the ponies start to fight among each other. The next picture is the first picture again, ponies grazing. You wonder if the story is meant to be repeating. In any case this amount of detail must mean this is a priceless artifact and any historian would sell their mother to gain this jug.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

"At the very least, I would like a way into the ruins, so that I can investigate them later. Furthermore, do you know anything about what's going on with the city? I understand that it's people are under some distress." I float the jar into my bag after making sure it's properly closed. I always had a way into the city, but the ruins sound like something worth looking at. As for Cailpeach, I can't help but smile. A little bit of diplomacy can go a long way. "I'd also like to get my hand on Cailpeach's bracelet, or something similiar. It seems like a handy tool for gathering information, and I'd like to get to know you better, too. Then I can be on my way." If it's the source of the creatures from before, maybe I can get Cailpeach to stop harassing the filly ghost. Neither of them look like they would get along, anyway.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-14 at 08:32 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Ultrapony looks upon the rest with cold, calculating eyes, contemplating the situation. "We should be heading out soon. These people... I don't trust them. They are a capricious people. We can't take them at their word." He shoots a glance at Callipeach before returning to the rest of the party.
    Last edited by Sjlver; 2015-06-14 at 01:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    "These ruins that the Shadow Knight has mentioned may be important. While we're in the city we should keep an eye open for anything or anyone that mentions them."
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-14 at 02:20 PM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

"The easiest way in the ruins is a west of the city, a small walk from the wall. Believe me, it is hard to miss these days, somepony marked it. As for city, I have no clue. I was investigating but somepony called me away." He stares at Cailpeach.
    "This bracelet? All it does is call sir over there. It's a great way to toy with him. If you want it you can try to pry it from my cold dead..." Her gaze meets the Shadow Knight and in one fluid motion she takes off the bracelets and tosses it far in the lake. "Oops my hooves slipped." She explains, with the kind of innocent smile no one would buy.

The group decided to leave to two to their bickering, with a plan to get in the city these two couldn't offer any more information. Honeydust follows quietly, but she seems to be relieved to leave the lake. As you journey back the sun climbs higher and by the time you reach the wall the sun is it it's highest point, something Honeydust dislikes. She sticks the shadows of the trees, which are rather short now, a good few feet away from the wall.

___

Old PF Initiative Build

26. - Top - End - #176
    Firbolg in the Playground

Show
    "We ain't goin' nowhere fast, boys. We got ourselves a job to do inside these here walls. I say we get over them and see if we can't snag the doll on the inside. Didn't find it in the forest."

"Hey, Pup. You able to go into the city?" Flamestrike says, holding back a frustrated growl. "Sparkles, next time we catch a murderer red handed, I expect you not to be makin' deals with em." He says, with a hint of contempt in his voice.

Show
    Sorry, all. I had a busy weekend.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

"Colonel, the quill and inks please? It would be wise for us to report to our superiors before entering the city."
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Gladly, son." Flamestrike rummages around in his pack and pulls out the requested items as well as his small dragon statue, which he also hands to Windchaser. "Yer pawnmenshi- er... hoofmenship is probably better'n mine anyways. You make sure to give our fair lady a full report on the happenings 'round here."
    Show
    "I do mean a full report, Flyboy."
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

"I didn't think fighting them would have gotten anything done." I state, in a matter of fact tone. To be fair, I might have gotten that bracelet, but I can probably coerce Cailpeach to give it to me next time we meet.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thank you, sir."

He records his message, feeds it to the dragon, and returns the various implements to Flamestrike.

Spoiler: Full text of the message
    Show
    -- FIELD REPORT --

Initial survey of the area surrounding Ever Rain is completed; this message is being written immediately prior to the designated investigation team's entry into the city itself.

Camp of previous designated investigation team found deserted sometime between one and three weeks prior to our arrival. There is currently a small group of Seekers camped in a nearby location; they are non-hostile but have intentions of entering the city. After our meeting with them they mentioned a network of ruins and tunnels as a potential means into the city, and we set out to find an entrance to said tunnels.

At the same time as our encounter with the Seekers, we met with a unicorn who shares our goal of entering the city; specifically, she seems to have business within the asylum. She has told us her name is Mindy; her mark is an eye enclosed in a triangle, with a sword crossed over the whole of the design. Her full intentions are unknown but she has proved herself competent and non-hostile despite her abrasive attitude so we have allowed her to accompany us, at least to this point. She apparently lived in the city for quite some time, so her knowledge of the town's former conditions may be useful.

There is some form of supernatural influence outside the city; our commanding officer, Cpl. Flamestrike, was magically or psychically compelled into an ambush by a number of shadowy ponies, possibly undead of some sort. No injuries were sustained among the team in the ensuing fight, and the malevolent entities were destroyed. Shortly after, we encountered a non-hostile ghost of a young pony, who has since followed us at our commander's prompting. He has decided that the ghost-filly, who Mindy has told us is named Honeydust, may be able to provide us with useful information regarding the town of Ever Rain.

The lake north of the town is also home to a hostile presence, a supernatural aquatic entity of unidentified sort who refers to herself as Cailpeach. By her own admission, she lured the members of the first investigation team into the lake and drowned them there. She claims immortality and it was decided that we lacked sufficient resources to neutralize her; a spirit binding of some sort may be necessary for that task. Whatever is done to deal with her presence, water from her lake MUST be prevented from entering other bodies of water; she was very keen on convincing one of us to carry out that task for her, and clearly has nefarious intentions.

Cailpeach also possesses an item capable of summoning a non-hostile shadow pony referred to as the "Shadow Knight". He offered aid to us (specifically, a way through the ruins under the city) but upon learning we had found a means over the wall he did not have anything else to offer.

We now prepare to enter the city. A subsequent report will be transmitted upon the discovery or investigation of any particularly notable persons, locations, or occurrences. Hopefully this message finds the Queen in good health and sound mind.

Signed,
    Sgt. Windchaser

-- END FIELD REPORT --

"Now, about this wall..."

He explains in detail how he can get the group over the wall.

Spoiler: How to shot web
    Show
    I'm explaining this out-of-character so it's clear what's going on.
    1. Windchaser uses Akashic Army to share Lashing Spinnerets with the group.
    2. Anchor a rope 20 feet up the wall (swift action) and wait until the next round.
    3. Use Lashing Spinnerets to move yourself 40 feet up the wall (move action).
    4. Create another rope, 20 feet above your current position (swift action; resolves before you would fall back down after flinging yourself upwards).
    5. Repeat 3 and 4 until you can get over the wall, then anchor to the top of the other side of the wall.
    6. Anchor a rope as far down the wall as you can (swift action).
    7. Swing down to the lowest point the rope can reach (move action). This isn't falling, so if you land on the ground you won't take fall damage.
    8. Repeat 6 and 7 until you're on the ground.

He also mentions that he can't share his abilities with all four of you at once, so Flamestrike and Entero will go over first, followed by Ultrapony and Mindy.

"I just need to make sure the coast is clear on the other side, and then we can begin." He places a hoof on the wall and gazes intently at the stone.

Show
    I'm using one round of the Gloves of Reconnaissance to see what's on the other side of the wall, specifically looking for living creatures, unusual structures, and environmental hazards. Perception is a take 10 for a result of 29.

"Oh, and one more thing." He turns to face Mindy. "My powers don't just latch on to anyone I tell them to. You'll need to trust me for this to work."

Show
    That means considering Windchaser an ally.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-15 at 11:54 AM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show