Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 335
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    It has been a long, bitter winter, the cold is penetrating and harsh, but still the town of Blackwater shows a brave face. The festival was a success, many travelled from miles around even in the midst of winter to experience its cheer...some have ended up staying longer than they thought, the deep snow making all but the most determined take up residence, if only temporarily, in the town.
    The four of you have become familiar faces over the last few weeks and months, either through your exotic strangeness or your charm and songs or even your little tricks you were known to the populace, but after the raid last week, you are almost household names.
    Larger and better organised, this raid came with uncommon frequency after the last. You excelled, some with more flair than others, but you were all noticed!
    Mayenne Silverhair knows you by name and by skill now, she has taken your measure and is pleased...although she will keep her eye on Morgan, a close eye.
    The sun breaks, a gentle knock on the door of your lodgings brings an invitation, to a late breakfast with Mayor Hardiman...
    Last edited by Megatron46; 2015-05-25 at 02:28 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Out of bed and chipper, an hour before anyone else as usual, Xeno receives the invitation with a smile before bounding back towards his friends' bedchambers.
    "Everyone, wake up!" He exclaims loudly, rapping merrily on each of the others' doors in turn. "The sun is up, and the mayor wants to eat with us. It's a wonderful day!"
    Without waiting for an answer, Xeno bounds back to the common room, and starts putting on his cloak and boots.
    "Oooh, I wonder if there'll be pie. I really like pie" He says to himself, before looking over at his old, ragged hat.
    "Hmm, I should probably look nice for the mayor..."
    With a wide smile, Xeno pulls a napkin from his pocket, wets it, and is soon busily cleaning old stains and grime his hat.
    "Scrub-a-dub-dub, Cleaning my hat, as nicely as that..." He sings happily, now and then peering towards the stairs for signs of his friends stirring.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2015-05-25 at 03:16 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Morgan had finished studying her spells for the day (1st: Telepathy, Magic Missile) and had previously ordered a single soft-boiled egg to be delivered to her room for consumption. She tapped it sharply with the edge of her spoon when she heard the abruptly cheerful Xeno flouncing up the hall, shouting. The necromancer set her spoon aside squarely on a neatly folded napkin and pursed her rose-red lips in a moment of irritation -- whether it was toward Xeno's vocal intrusion, or to the Mayor's unwelcome invitation, it was impossible to tell.

    Giving up on eating the egg in peace, Morgan took several minutes to put herself together. Black leather body suit laced tight beneath the ornate robes that signified her status as a member of the learned class. She stood before the polished mirror to adjust her hair so that not a single strand was out of place -- each was bound tightly and trained into position.

    Not trusting her belongings alone in the room, Morgan gathered her scant possessions up, for what they were worth, and brought them with her, out of the room, down the hall, and to the common room to join the other invited guests.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Castor holds the pillow over his head as the knocking and excited words draw closer. It does no good in shutting out the noise. "Urghhhh...." he moans. "It's too ****ing early for this," he mutters, before rolling himself out of bed and bodily onto the floor. He briefly considers crawling under the mattress and pretending the message had missed him, but the Mayor's been good to him. And it's never good practice snubbing politicians.

    A quick wash, a dab of cologne, and Castor gets himself into his outfit - some simple clothes, a suit of well-tailored leather armor (designed for form as much as function), and a slender rapier angled just right to accent the lines of his body.

    He stuffs the rest of his meager belonging into his pockets and into the hidden pouches lining his cloak before heading to breakfast. A performer must always be ready to leave on short notice, as Master Rodgerick used to say.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Elbeyon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Jawdat

    Macaque nostrils flaring; sweet tendril wisps of breakfast air drive Jawdat's drowsy eyes open. Shortly, nothing more needs to be done to stir the white furred monkey. The morning seems still as most are just sitting for breakfast prior to starting whatever harsh day awaits them. She shakes off whatever snow has collected on her while she slept, and hangs over the Merry Tumble before dropping to the ground after a few leaps.

    For weeks now she's been stealing food from a fat man nearby her Inn, a seemingly cheery man and a daughter with a matching disposition. Same as always she squeezes through a weak spot in the thatch into the kitchen where she's making pancakes today. Hopping down where the girl can see her, but the man can't see either, Jawdat waves then dashes under the dinning/kitchen table to hide. The two have set up a game of sorts, where the girl serves her father and afterward the duo try to take as much of his food as they can till he notes how quickly his food has gone. Nearly done playing, her ears perk up as she hears the crunching of snow heading towards the Inn. She waves a pancake filled hand to the girl and disappears outside to make her way back.

    Following the bogged down messenger's snowy trail she jumps onto the Merry Tumbler and climbs to try to get an ear on whatever news she brings. After the messenger is gone, she makes her way back down, transforms back into her human form, and waits pancake in hand for her companions to exit the building.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Tired & no filter
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2015-05-26 at 02:55 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Xeno smiles brightly as Morgan and Castor trotted Down The stairs. "Good morning!" He said, chuckling slightly. "About time you two sleepyheads got up. Half the day is gone by already. Come on, I bet there's pie at the mayors."
    putting his now slightly less dirty hat on, Xeno runs to the door before the others have a chance to answer. "Last one there is a rotten egg." He says as he flings open the door.
    he then turns around and spots Jawdat. "Oh, morning Jawie, how'd you get there? I didn't see you lea..." He says with a wide smile, but stops mid-sentence as he spies the pancake in her hand. With the bashful look of a hungry puppy, he stares at the pancake silently.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Jawdat-
    The girl giggles at the macaque as it darts away clutching the pancake, her eyes flicking to her father to see if he notices. As you land you glance at the town, he usual people are up early, battling through the new snowfall; up to cut lumber, or hunt or check traps a few nod to you as you wait.
    Morgan, Xeno and Castor-
    The inn's common room is quiet, a few guests up early, a serving man cleaning the fire and lighting it to provide warmth on the cold day, he looks up and nods at each of you, looking surprised to see Castor up this early. A few guests move around requesting breakfast.
    As you head outside you see he thick fresh snowfall and Jawdat waiting for you clutching a pancake. Xeno bounds forward and chats to her.
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

    You all know the mayor's residence, do you head straight there?

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Morgan immediately felt the chill of the cold winter air nipping at the tip of her nose, turning the normally pale flesh a bit rosy from the frost. She exhaled sharply, which caused a plume of frosty air to rise up in front of her. Crossing her arms across her robed chest, she petulantly murmured something about wasting no more time.

    In a subdued huff, Morgan marched her way through the frost-speckled town, toward the Mayor's residence.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Elbeyon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Jawdat

    She blankly looks at his grinning face. "صباح الخير. Good morning."

    "And, no. It's a gift." A pancake piece rips off in her mouth. "I still need to pray. I'll join all of you shortly." Resting her hand on Xeno's hat she ruffles his grooming before walking inside.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    She'll greet everyone that greets her.

    Almost. Jawdat is going to do her morning prayers (~5 minutes) then head straight there.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2015-05-26 at 03:22 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Letting out a huff, Xeno adjusts his hat while doing his very best to look suitably miffed. He can only hold the expression for about a second however, before breaking into a smile and going of to catch up with Morgan.

    As he closes in on her, Xeno's eyes fall on the new-fallen snow, and a wide mischiveous grin spreads slowly across his face.
    Scooping up a handful of snow, Xeno forms it into a ball while moving up behind Morgan.
    When he is about ten feet behind her He flings the snowball, hitting her right in the patch of bare skin on the neck, before rushing past her at full speed, cackling gleefully.
    "You should hurry up and get inside. Or more snow might fall on you!" He yells back over his shoulder.
    He does not make it more than a few steps, however, before a rock hidden from sight catches his foot, resulting in him landing facedown in the snow with a surprised yelp.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2015-05-26 at 03:43 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    THWUMP!

    Morgan felt that cold snowball hit her back just hard enough to send her stumbling forward a step. But as it slipped of the bare back of her neck, it left behind a drizzle of half melted slush that began to run down the collar of her robe and slush down her back, all the way down her spine to the concave curve of the small of her back, where it seemed to wait to slowly melt, dribble by dribble, a wickedly devised torture if ever there was one.

    But what was even worse. The impact of the blow and Morgan's sudden stumble had set a strand of her shiny black hair loose from her neat updo. Her eyes narrowed, not once looking back at Xeno. She blew that strand of hair back from her nose, and her jaw was clenched as tightly as a paladin's buns.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    A small girl giggles behind her hand, first at the snowball, then at Xeno falling face first in the snow. Her mother mutters a quick apology and whisks the girl away scolding her for laughing at some of those who have helped save the town from the goblins.
    Mayor Hardiman's messenger has vanished, to escape the cold no doubt, so you head onwards, leaving Jawdat to her prayers, knowing she will catch you up soon enough. The towns folk up and about nod greetings, some call a muffled hello, breath steaming in the cold air. Castor isn't sure but he thinks at least a one person winks and waves at him coquettishly. The sun's light, bright and striking this morning, makes the town seem like a jewel- the mayor will be pleased. In the town square stands a large ornate building, the mayor's residence, warm and welcoming. You cross the square...
    Spoiler: Morgan
    Show
    As you move across the square, your dark robes flapping you feel a faint tug from outside the town's boundaries- you're not sure as it was very faint but it felt like some necromancy- whether ordained by Openne or not you cannot tell.


    Spoiler: Jawdat
    Show
    As you find a quiet moment to pray, you feel a whisper from the great forest, too quiet to make out but it calls at you, you recognise the touch of Huw but whether it is the presence of the grove or more you are not sure.


    Spoiler: Castor
    Show
    The girl who waved and winked at you, you recognise her, but you would swear she wasn't from Blackwater but from another town...


    Spoiler: Xeno
    Show
    As you walk down the street dusting off your hat and cleaning your face, you keep catching a flicker of movement in the corner of your eye but every time you try to see what it is it slips from your view...

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Xeno smiles happily as the little girl laughs, delighted to see others in good spirits.
    As he walks down the street he waves and says hello to everyone he meets, wishing them well and throwing some more snowballs with some of the children.
    As he notices the, whatever it is, in the corner of his eye, he looks curiously to where it was. After this has happened a few more times, he stops with a thoughtful expression.
    "Wonder what it is..." He mumbles to himself, rubbing the brim of his hat while pondering.
    Walking a few more yards, Xeno stops with the mayors house in sight, and glances back ad forth between it and the last place he glimpsed the mysterious thingy.

    "Food..."
    He says to himself. "...Or adventure?"

    After a moments deliberation, Xeno reaches into a pocket in his cloak and rummages around, before pulling out a large, slightly overripe apple. "Food AND adventure." He says with a smile. "This'll tidy me over until I've found the thingy, and gotten back to the mayor's place. I'm sure it'll only take a moment anyway. They won't even notice I'm gone."

    With the internal argument settled, Xeno starts walking around in the different places where he thought he saw It.
    "Hello?" He calls out softly, while looking under a wagon and behind a bush. "I just wanna talk, I'm not gonna do anything bad. I have an apple, if you want some. I dont mind sharing."
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2015-05-27 at 07:41 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Castor brightens up on catching a glance of the young woman. "Well, I guess there are some benefits to getting out of bed early..." he chimes. He looks towards his companions. "Sorry, one moment. I think I see someone I know. I'll catch up."

    He puts on his most winning smile, and starts to walk in her direction, trying hard to remember who she is and how they met.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Xeno
    As you search you head to a horse and cart, an alleyway, a statue... but nothing seems to be visible. Whatever it was is either hiding or completely vanished, frustratingly that tell tale flicker is gone.
    Spoiler: Xeno
    Show
    You could try to Discern Reality if you wanted to, it would taker some time though.

    Castor
    You head back to where the pretty, dark haired girl waits; next to a busy bakers. As you approach she smiles and slips round a corner out of sight.
    Spoiler: Castor
    Show
    If you follow her round the corner there is no sight of her, just a narrow street with two or three people on it.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Castor scratches his head in confusion, and starts to look around the alley. After a bit, he turns to the group of bakers. "Excuse me. Did you see a woman here just a moment ago? Dark hair. About yay tall. Cute." He continues to look around to see where she might have gone.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Discern Realities: (2d6)[6]
    Last edited by jaydubs; 2015-05-27 at 09:48 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    "Thats weird..." Xeno mumbles to himself, looking around in confusion. After a moments contemplation, he looks around once more, focusing on different things in turn.
    "I wonder if its something magical." He says, before renewing his search. this time he starts out with a series of fairly complex gestures, while muttering something in an odd language. Closing his eyes to block out distractions, Xeno concentrates on the ambient energy around him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I forgot to mention it in earlier posts, but Xeno has prepared sanctuary and detect magic, along with the
    cantrips of course. He uses detect magic before searching once more.
    So first detect magic, and then discern reality.

    Detect magic: (2d6+2)[11]

    discern realities: (2d6)[9]


    At Xeno's request, the arcane energies surrounding him gathers in his hands, coalescing as he utters the arcane chant of the spell. When the necessary energies are formed, he lifts his hands towards his closed eyes, lightly touching his eyelids.
    Afterwards, he lets his arms fall to his sides, opening his mismatched eyes slowly. They now shine with a faint blue light, revealing any arcane energy to him.
    With a slightly woozy stumble, Xeno once more looks around for clues.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2015-05-27 at 10:13 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Castor
    The bakers look at you and shrug, Sorry friend, we didn't notice her... As you search you find nothing, she seems to have given you the slip...or vanished into thin air. However, it has taken a you a few moments, you could keep searching or head to the Mayor's house.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Castor shrugs disappointedly. "Que sera, sera." He dips a courtly bow in the general direction of the alley, and then jogs off after his compatriots.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Xeno
    As you cast your spell and open your eyes you see a torrent of magic unseen by all but the arcane. The magic tugs and pulls at you, raw and unchained! You see a spiral of power extended high into the sky, heading towards the mountains to the north before it is cut off abruptly, the magic snuffing out of existence; leaving you drained and battered by the experience.
    Spoiler: Xeno
    Show
    What should I be on the lookout for?
    An opportunity to follow that spiral of magic!

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Elbeyon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Jawdat

    Her ears perk for the second time today; she stands and listens a while longer. The whispers are too far spiritually or by distance. She gives a thought towards meeting the mayor, but the unimportance of the breakfast let's her dismiss it out of hand. Her feet thunder down the stairs and she says to Obadiah Rumthorn or the first employee she sees, "Tell my companions that I'm heading off to Huw's great forest west of here." She waits to get some type of physical confirmation before quietly opening the inn's door, spear in hand.

    Those watching her might get a sense of being disturbed, horrified, or sickly as her transformation into a (2d6+2)[9] falcon happens quicker than can be fully processed. Those lucky (unlucky?) enough to observe her full transformation see twisting flesh, snapping bones, and stretching and tearing skin/feathers. Transformed, she takes flight with the intentions of going over the forest to try listening again.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2015-05-27 at 11:57 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Morgan had paused in the square a moment, after sensing a disturbance in the Void. It was not unlike the chill of the slowly melting drizzle at the small of her back -- only more claw-like. These sensations were commonplace during her apprenticeship, surrounded by such abomination as the youthful necromancer was. They were more rarely felt here, though -- though the sensation was not entirely alien to this place.

    Regardless, the revelation was noted, but it was not noteworthy enough to cause a diversion from the more noteworthy invitation to a meal. Noting that the other invitees were scattering in various directions, Mprgan held her scoff deep inside, and instead more productively traveled to the mayor's breakfast meeting, undiverted.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Jawdat
    Rumthorn calls out, I'll pass that on mistress, to your speeding form. He calls over a pot boy, get yerself wrapped up and head over to the Mayor's house, tell Mistress Jawdat's friends she be heading to the forest...rather quick too. The boy nods and dashes off.
    As your flesh twists and bends into the form of the falcon,a dwarf walking back in from a night's hunting clutching a brace of rabbits and a deer slung over her shoulder, catches sight of the change and balks, her face ashen she mutters to herself and heads home. You must work hard to gain height, no easy thermals to ride on this cold, early morning. You gain altitude and wing your way west, covering the miles towards the great forest. The closer you get the stronger the whispering becomes; now it no longer feels like a gentle breeze, a leaf fluttering through the air; but a gust, branches clashing. You catch..... not words as such but meanings, a sense of what Huw might be saying, a disquiet in the world. You know that if you keep heading towards the forest it will become a raging storm of noise, you may get more meaning but it will not be a safe journey.
    Morgan
    As you straighten and continue on your way, the feeling fades to nothingness. You approach the door and Castor catches up with you just before you arrive. Xeno is somewhere behind you and Jawdat is nowhere to be seen.
    Last edited by Megatron46; 2015-05-27 at 03:04 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Elbeyon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Jawdat

    She shakes her bird head as she's starting to get overwhelmed by the powerful messages given to her. The more intense the message the closer she gets to the ground, ready to land if she's forced. She's no stranger to perilous journeys, and this will just be another she must take. She flies toward the forest at the edge of her view away from safety.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Jawdat-
    The snow flashes by beneath your wings, the trees dark against the vast whiteness.
    You get closer!
    The gust becomes a storm; driving into your mind. Getting louder and louder the voice of your God becomes a roar! The very trees themselves seem to writhe and shift beneath you; the deciduous, the evergreens; dancing to Huw's shout. It threatens to overwhelm you...
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

    Roll Defy Danger for me

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Elbeyon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Spoiler: Defy Danger
    Show
    This seems like a test against "mental fortitude" so I'll roll with wis. Let me know if I should change that.

    Defy danger (wisdom) (2d6+2)[11]

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Completely taken aback by the sight and sudden shock of the magic, Xeno falls backward, landing hard on the ground.
    He sits there for a while, simply staring wide-eyed in the direction of the magical fluxuation.

    Suddenly he shakes his head violently, surging to his feet and running as fast as they can carry him towards the mayors house.
    "MOOORGAAAN!" He yells as loudly as he can. "We've got trouble!"

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    Morgan's hand gripped the ornate gargoyle style brass knocker on the mayor's home, holding it pivoted several inches from the reinforced oak portal. She winced when she heard Xeno's screeching voice -- like claws on a writing slate -- and her jaw clenched again. What sort of trouble could he have possible gotten himself into in the scant moments between hitting her with a snowball and her arrival here.

    The raven haired necromancer let the knocker fall back to place with a loud THUD followed by another THUD, and then a third THUD.

    She hissed back at Xeno's histrionics through gritted teeth. "Compose yourself. You'll wake the dead."

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Helsingoer, Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    "But there's weird stuff going on!" Xeno exclaims as he grinds to a halt in front of Morgan.
    "When I was walking I thought I saw something in the corner of my eye, so I tried to check it out. But I couldn't find anything, so I searched again. And then I searched with my magic sight, and, and..."
    He stops himself midsentence, taking a deep breath and trying to call down a bit.
    "I saw a gathering." He continues, looking Morgan in te eye with completely seriousness, all his normal cheer gone. "A gathering of magical energies, flowing like a... A vortex towards the mountains to the north. I dunno what it was, but it was almost top much just to look at it with my sight. Something that powerful doesn't just happen. I dont remember why I know, but I KNOW this is unnatural."
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2015-05-27 at 06:05 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: A Depthless Sorrow IC (A Dungeon World Campaign)

    "I saw something similar a few minutes ago. Not a vortex of magic, but a person who seemed to disappear the moment I started searching for her." He furrows his brow in thought for a moment. "We should find out just who all has been having this kind of experience. It could be important."

    Castor looks pointedly at Morgan. "What about you? See anything strange this morning?"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •