A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [LS] Death's Wake - Deathweaver's OOC

Death's Wake: Deathweaver's IC
    Last edited by Mornings; 2015-05-26 at 09:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [LS] Death's Wake - Deathweaver's OOC

My Lady, if you don't mind my asking, what did I just set in motion?
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

The Bringer of Peace: Death
    "............" There was no reply. For the first time there seemed a sense of absence, as if she spoke to herself. She could feel no presence listening, no one over-watching her. After a time she came to the conclusion no one was present to hear her query, that she was alone. Her question was left unanswered.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

As the connection to her Lady is restored, Nadia's first thoughts are pure agony as she is exploded and reformed.
    WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THE IS HOLY AND UNHOLY DID I DO TO DESERVE THAT?
    Her mental scream resounds across the link

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The voice spoke out once more, the link between them connected once more, a light chuckle in the back of the Weaver's mind; "My... I will speak plainly with you now. The End is not as tolerant as I, and deals in matters swiftly with a heavy hand. You have shamed me. Shamed yourself, and spat upon your charge as a Weaver. The burden you carry as a Weaver of Death, binds you to us each. Your soul, our possession, your body, the sacred temple of our will. You are as a holy scion of the force, the concept that we are. Your spirit and body consecrated, and thus bare our Blessing. To violate the sanctity of this Blessing, is an affront to us all... and thusly she punished you. Though, quite harshly. End's maddening fury knows no bounds, her lust to consume life, and bathe in anguish cannot be sated. Her punishment is severe and merciless. She will not let you pass from life, and rip from you those things you hold dear as recompense for your transgressions, while finding joy in it. I cannot agree with her methods, and I never have. She is cruel and mad in her own twisted way. But just as there must be dark, so there must be light. She is my darkness, the merciless nature of my indifference, and absence of my tolerance. She will not forgive, nor forget readily. But I understand your feelings... and your actions. I forgive the transgression that was your expression of your passion and forgiveness."

"Know this however. Though we are expressions of the same 'self', she is not I, and I am not she, as a consciousness, though we are still one-another. 'Sisters' of 'one-self'... divisions of ourselves as separate persona's. Though I cannot take account for her rationality nor thought. I may speak and act in defense, on your behalf. Please understand where you now stand, and what you have become. You are our Weaver. A holy vestal of our essence, and though our Persona's may exist differently, we are still Death. By the Blessings upon your body and spirit are you empowered, and with our favor is your might fueled. Though End may not forgive you, I do not share her opinion, and know the truth of your heart."

"You cannot contest End as yourself, but you may stand against her as my voice. The Speaker of my will. That her cruelty and callousness will not remain unchecked, this it will be with the weight of her same hand that I rise to meet her should she challenge me again. You freed End and Rebirth with the debt fulfilled, but unfortunately drew her ire with your kiss before her endless sight, thus she disciplined you... though I spoke against her."

" Now rise Deathweaver. "

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I don't understand. Why did my action cause offense? My feelings for the Magister were present even before our Pact was formed. If you knew, as I am sure you did, why did you not warn me?
    There is a trembling anger in Nadia's thoughts.
    I cannot serve her. She is everything I fight against. She is the man who enjoys beating his defenseless wife. The soldier who rapes and murders children. The ruler who executes their subjects simply on the suspicion of treason.
    Her thoughts are steel.
    I told you before, I will not allow this world to change who I am. I am willing to serve you. But I will not serve a force of such pure and wanton destruction as she.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

" As you have said. She is liberated destruction. The madness in men's heart. His lust and burning depravity. She is The End. The Absolute in which civility, light and life cannot exist, and flee in the presence of. She is the consuming void. The darkness that taints men's minds with anger, hatred, contempt, sorrow, jealousy, despair and spite. She is that force of man, which perpetuates The Death-Cycle of the living and the civil. She is the absence of tolerance. The absence of reason, and feeds from suffering, and those aspects she inspires within the hearts of men... growing ever-stronger with the shroud she spreads lays upon those creatures that surround her."

"...And as of the time our Pact was made, I offered you no guidance, nor instruction. For while your soul is my possession, it is the individual that is Nadia Vorns that holds my interest. The tolerance of your discipline, the views of your world. The life you choose to lead. I offered you nothing. As it is the truth of your character which I desired to witness. Judgement upon your actions to define you... not your thoughts of folly, nor your misguided words... and I am not disappointed. But do not misunderstand. You, who exists now as you are. Have been defined as all men have, by The End's mantle upon the world. The disgust, contempt and hatred in your heart for those who would raise a sword to the weak and the young. Rip away from them the 'entitlements' of their lives. This world will not change you. It has created you. Given you the strength to stand against those who you see bear these 'injustices' upon others. Given you the conviction to stand for what you believe, and speak plainly with an honest heart... But know well. Because of this. Because you, Nadia Vorns, are a product of men. You can never defeat The End, and the malediction she creates within the hearts of the living... For she feeds off of the very source which has forged such resolve. Feeds off of the disapproval, the visions of suffering, sorrow, pain, rage and anger that wills your breast at the sight of burning children. You empower her, with each thought of resisting her."

" You must understand dear Weaver. We are not as you. We are not the mortal or divine concepts men has forged. We are the forces and laws of all cycles that fuel the great wheel of existence and re-creation of such. There exist no concepts of 'good'. There exist no concepts of 'evil'. We are simply the face, the Persona which you see to make sense of it all. To interact with on some lesser degree. And through our Persona's are we able to have learn from those mortals souls we tend and ferry in the endless Cycle of Renewal. I will not ask you to change. I would not demand such of you. For their is beauty in the flawed brilliance of the hearts of those creatures we release into existence. But know where you stand. As a mortal. As a women. As the archetypal soul I do so adore. You will never rise to meet those forces greater then yourself. You will never rise to surpass those foes born of your fears and stigmas. For you now stand upon the precipice of a higher existence which men cannot tread. The thin rope of a Chosen, of a Weaver's existence. "

"The will of men, and the forces that drive their world take many forms outside the boundaries you have stepped. I will not ask you to change. I will only ask you heed my warning; ' the world you are quickly encroaching upon does not deal in absolutes'. It does not see, the 'righteous' and the 'wicked'. It does not see, the courage and vigor of your spirit and will. You need not change for the world, but to change the world... you must become it."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I did not say that I would end her. Merely that I will not serve her. She can burn.
    Nadia's thoughts begin to shift.
    What happened back there? I thought she was going to kill Kestal. And I thought she did kill me.
    And her mind catches up through some of what her Lady had told her.
    If you disagree with her so, then why unleash her? And you spoke of another. Rebirth. Is this another face of Death? It sounds more like something that would be part of Life.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

She could feel her smile softly; "I admit. I am not a mortal, and do not understand your words, for to me they appear as a blatant contradiction. To hold to that which you care for so deeply. The 'morals' of your character, is to serve her own ends. To be a Deathweaver, is to serve her own ends. To speak against her with contempt, is to serve her own ends. To serve me, is to serve her own ends. And to the inverse is the same. For we are Death. The persona, that is The End, is naught but a mask, and expression that is us within a form you may comprehend readily. But, if it is that you will not obey the commands The End instructs to you.... that is fine. If it reassures you, to avoid associating with the persona that is The End. I've no qualms with it. For our desire, our goals and intent are once. Though our expressions differ so greatly, but they are mealy and simply, expressions. Nothing more."

"She did slay you. You died within our Wake, and thus did you return and were re-blessed once more. Just as to be expected. My Wake, is not defined by our persona, Weaver. Such means nothing. That mask that speaks is nothing more then such. A form which translates more readily to you, born of the mortal-coil. But it is our Wake, just the same."

"I disagree with her, because I must. Because I am Peace, and she is The End. I hold no ill will, nor feeling over such. It is simply because we are our opposing natures. However, to clarify. I called for my Persona because I must focus upon the task at hand. My Sister Misery, is truly of my own cloth and will require my full attention to deal with. Thus, I have gathered myself to prepare for the trials to come. She is not so weak as to be bested again, and is cunning enough to have established... 'contingencies' in place to match our actions against her. "

"...And you are not 'wrong', in that Rebirth would be a fragment of life. But you see... my Brother here, is not cut of my cloth. He is a concept fabricated by The Goddess within this Legacy. However, I Death, truly am both. In full, I am The Cycle of Renewal. 'Death' is the complete circle. The Passing, The Renewal, and The Birth, but, this Legacy was finished, and in its final hours. Thus did I begin my departure, and Life was created to fill my charge as I prepared for The Final Passing... the 'death' of the Legacy. But then, The Cycle of the Legacy... it's longevity. Was renewed. I returned to investigate the cause, but The End seeing our new Brother, forsake him. She fed upon him, mutilating and damaging him terribly, beyond repair, for his fragile state existed only within this pool of existence. I had Rebirth take her, banishing her from this Legacy for her deplorable behavior... Though truly. It was only natural, as when I am complete, he is but a cheap and redundant affront to us. But The Goddess has Blessed and created him, and so he is my Brother just the same. Though he can no longer create the force of life. He collects it and recycles the energy to spring forth new creation, though he has gone mad, his rational and awareness quite literally devoured... Thus, I am needed again. Now more then ever. I hope you understand, to some measure."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

So your brother shouldn't even exist, separate from you?
    Her mind wanders back to her current situation.
    So, because of my role as a deathweaver, I will be punished if I follow my heart and be with the Magister? Is this only the will of the End, or yours as well? And what of Rebirth? Does she have an opinion in this?
    More details and questions flood her mind.
    Am I able to contact your other personas mentally? The Magister had a plan to make both of her halves whole again, but it required the use of the Dawning, which has now been claimed by End. I may wish to ask her leave for the Magister to go there and complete the design
    And now she decides to answer her Lady's earlier line of questioning.
    You are confused why it matters to me who I take commands from? It matters because of why. Any act may be taken. But why it is taken is sometimes more important. Your desire is not to create violence and pain, only peace. I can support such a goal, it is within my nature. End seeks to bring pain, suffering, and anguish. Those are not goals that I can align myself with. To use an example, if an imperfect one, if an animal were sick and dying, unless I am mistaken, you would simply kill it, while End would ensure it suffered before it died. I would elect to be your instrument, but not hers.
    Last edited by Keledrath; 2015-05-27 at 09:02 PM.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

The Bringer of Peace: Death"In part, you are correct. But truly it is that my Brother has never existed at all. We was created within this Cycle within the Legacy, a 'bookmark' as I had begun to depart. He is as a false mask. A persona of the force which he is not of. A preserved memory of my charge within The Renewal's Cycle to exist. To be born. To die within the Legacy he was fabricated into, as it entered its final hours. It is only natural End would see him as an abomination. A parasite. He is as hollow in his existence as a clay mold... A vase heated and molded to be tossed away with this state you call existence. For we are Death. Death is Life. We are The Cycle of Renewal."

"It is because of your sacred appointment by the fates as a Chosen Weaver who has willingly accepted us, that you have committed to bare the weight of the lives of many, AND sacrificed many of your liberties, to include the entitlement to your own spirit. It is the price Deathweavers bare as a Vestal of Renewal. While Death will never accommodate your individuality, we, The Personas. The Faces which with you commune may choose to bless your endeavors. Each of us possesses a piece of our whole, an exaggerated reflection that mortals may comprehend, and each of us possesses our own will. End is connected the most directly to the forces that bring forth the disparity and suffering and conflict in life. While we, Peace and Rebirth bare the joint fragments that complete us and the cycle, that is The Renewal. Each of us may choose of our own violation what we deem 'appropriate', but each of us knows what is, and is not in accordance with our Pact and Blessings. While we, as the Persona can supersede this if we come in agreement... This does not equal our consent, but neutrality to over-look such actions. But as such, we offer no guarantee's of defense nor protection from the consequences of your actions, self inflicted or otherwise. You are a Deathweaver. Your charge has stripped from you the right to follow your mortal desires. You are an instrument of The Cycle, and while I, Peace, find beauty in the hearts of the living. It is not so with us all... End does not contest you so brazenly because she can, but because she must. That is who she must be, as this is who I must be. With this, I do not find any shame in following your heart. But nor it is possible for me to offer you my consent. I may simply look the other way. Know well however, if Rebirth or End should choose to stand against you, should act upon the natural order that exists between us. You will not have my protection from them, for the consequences are yours to bare alone, and that blind-eye I offer does not exclude those who would accost you for the decisions you take that stray from your path as a Weaver. You may not hold the favor of all our Personas even while doing no wrong. But I cannot shield you from the justified retribution of Death should they be compelled to discipline you for your violation of our Pact, and soiling the sanctity of our Blessing. Be this from my own flesh, or enemies you've inspired by your actions. You will possess only this neutrality I offer you... and so. As I have said. We are one. We are Death, and Life. Regardless of your personal dilemmas with our other expressions, you are not above the word they bring.

I will not ask you to change, as I have spoken already. But you've no heart to feel, to love, to cherish others while you chose to exist as you are. Until you have overcome yourself. Until you have surpassed these chains you shackle to your own hands. Death will find no words or action's you've to offer that justify your desires as the mortal soul you once were. It is only when you've learn to embrace every aspect of us, that you will truly be a Deathweaver. That you will truly exist, between, beneath, and beyond those worlds you do straddle. You are not the women who touched that black stone, Nadia Vorns. You are not the Mortal who left a burning city. That women has already died. You''ve just yet to realize it..."

"The Child, and the Magister's plan has fallen to ruin until The Dawn returning to The Dawning. The Wake End has raised will not diminish nor fade until she wills to return it to order. This was somewhat intentional, as control of The Dawning denies my Sister resources as well from the neutral Keeper of that Wake. I was not anticipating your company setting contingencies in place their. I've no words to convince End to more or otherwise, as her actions are a legitimate and strategic attack against Misery. She will not be so easy to ease from her guard, even for a second, as she is not so tolerant... To your question. Any Persona you have met of mine may be spoken to, just the same as I. Simply speak: I Accept Peace/End/Rebirth and the connection will be made. However, the others may choose to speak to you whenever they desire, without this connection.... If you wish to reason with End, I advise you to find Rebirth and seek her council. She has always been the bridge between us both."

" You must also understand. It is not a matter of 'desire' to be what I am. To have no inclination for violence. It is what I must be. It is simply this expression. Just as you feel the reason for action is just as important as the action itself. So too am I Death. I am End, Peace, Rebirth. We are Death. We are Life. End is my opposing expression, but I am still she. She is still me. She is The Ending. The One Who Reaps. It is chaos, violence and suffering she wishes to inspire. Not inflict. Before the eyes of the blind, before the absence of all to see and experience her displays of cruelty. Such cannot exist, and serves no purpose. End does not seek to inflict suffering, she seeks to inspire and create the contempt, fear, and aspects you mortals define as 'morality', to push the cycle forward. If you stood with her before a wounded creature, she would flay it alive because she knows you are weak, and her displays hold such great sway upon you. But without a mortal to inspire. She is simply the quite passing. The ending of a time, a life, an existence. Quietly, soundlessly, without words or pain. She is The Passing. There are no hero's, no 'noble' spirits. No 'good' nor 'evil' among us. We are simply that which has defined you, who were once mortal and all those like you. "

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

You keep saying that I am dead inside, that my soul is gone! Stop lying! I know what I feel, and those feelings are real! What, exactly, did you mean when you said you owned my soul? What does that mean? I am no scholar, I barely even know what makes the soul significant! And Apparently, I haven't missed mine!

Shadeblight by KennyPyro