New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as PrCs!

And apparently IZ ninja'd me with a me I should look at, but for now, because I'm Evil.

Iron Zealot

Legendary masochist-warriors, the iron zealots are known for their implacable will and ability to take whatever punishment they are dealt. Many Iron Zealots serve powerful, and crazed, masters as semi-loyal dragons. They hold among the highest tiers of evil asceticism, and ruthless endurance, never yielding till all life is snuffed from their bodies.

BECOMING AN IRON ZEALOT

To become an Iron Zealot one must gain recognition by an existing Iron Zealot and their must be no more than 41 extant Iron Zealots in the world. In addition to these organizational requirements an Iron Zealot must show great combat prowess, endurance, and an unwillingness to yield. Do to the maximum number of Iron Zealots alive at a time most Iron Zealots become such by having their predecessor murdered, this is only very rarely done through single combat. Of course there are ways (resurrection magic) to have more than 42 Iron Zealots at a time meaning that on occasion a would be Iron Zealot must kill many of their predecessors.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    BAB: +5
    Base Will Save: +4
    Alignment: Evil.
    Feat: Endurance, Power Attack.

Class Skills
    An Iron Zealot's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d12

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
    1st
    +1
    +2
    +0
    +2
    Unarmed Strike, DR 2/adamantine, Diehard
    2nd
    +2
    +3
    +0
    +3
    Endure Pain, Furious Counterstrike, Steely Resolve 5
    3rd
    +3
    +3
    +1
    +3
    Mettle, Iron Toughness
    4th
    +4
    +4
    +1
    +4
    Iron Body, DR 3/adamantine, Steely Resolve 10
    5th
    +5
    +4
    +1
    +4
    Improved Diehard, Ki Strike
    6th
    +6
    +5
    +2
    +5
    Iron Soul, Juggernaut
    7th
    +7
    +5
    +2
    +5
    DR 4/adamanting, Steely Resolve 15
    8th
    +8
    +6
    +2
    +6
    Tattered Soul, Unflinching
    9th
    +9
    +6
    +3
    +6
    Greater Iron Soul
    10th
    +10
    +7
    +3
    +7
    Steely Resolve 20, Why Won't You Die, DR 5/adamantine, Ki Strike

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An Iron Zealot gains proficiency in unarmed strikes, greatswords, gauntlets, and spiked gauntlets.

Unarmed Strike (Ex): An Iron Zealot gains an Unarmed Strike as a monk of their class level. If they have monk levels their levels in each stack and they may add their Iron Zealot level to their Monk level to determine the effectiveness of their Flurry of Blows ability. An Iron Zealot may treat gauntlets of all sorts and greatswords as monk special weapons.

Damage Reduction (Ex): An Iron Zealot's flesh is as hard as iron, causing soft materials to glance from their body. They gain DR 2/adamantine, increasing by +1 per 3 class levels beyond the first.

Diehard (Ex): An Iron Zealot gains Diehard as a bonus feat if they do not already have it, if they do.

Endure Pain (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level an Iron Zealot no longer feels pain like a normal person. They become immune to any side effects caused by pain but not damage inflicted by it; this includes the effects of any spell or ability which works specifically through inflicting pain on the Iron Zealot (for example Symbol of Pain or final rebuke as well as the nauseating effect of fleshiver and the effects of wail of doom) and can no longer be nauseated or sickened.

Furious Counterstrike (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level an Iron Zealot gains Furious Counterstrike as the Crusader ability.

Steely Resolve (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level an Iron Zealot gains Steely Resolve as the Crusader ability, save that the delayed damage pool is capped at 5 hp, increasing by 5 hp at 4th, 7th, and 10th level. If they have Crusader levels they may add their Steely Resolve pools together (but do not gain bonus to hit and damage from Furious Counterstrike but once for the total amount within the pool).

Mettle (Ex): Beginning at 3rd level whenever an Iron Zealot succeeds at a Fort or Will save for partial or half effect they instead suffer no effect.

Iron Toughness (Ex): At 3rd level an Iron Zealot gains +1 hit point per Hit Die they possess, and gain an additional hit point with each Hit Die they gain thereafter.

Iron Body (Ex): An Iron Zealot marches through foes allowing their blows to rain upon them and fall from them like a summer rain. At 4th level their natural armor bonus increases by an amount equal to 1/2 their Constitution modifier (minimum +1).

Improved Diehard (Ex): Beginning at 5th level an Iron Zealot is able to take full round actions while at negative hit points, and do not die and may continue acting until they are at -10 - their Constitution score hit points. An Iron Zealot does not fall unconscious from nonlethal damage until they have an amount of nonlethal damage equal to or greater than their current hit points plus their Constitution score. In addition an Iron Zealot is immune to death from massive damage.

Ki Strike (Su): At 5th level an Iron Zealot gains Ki Strike (Magic) as a monk, if they already have it or would gain it again they gain Ki Strike (Adamantine) instead. At 10th level an Iron Zealot gains Ki Strike (Adamantine) as a monk, if they already have it or would gain it their unarmed strikes ignore Damage Reduction entirely instead.

Iron Soul (Ex): An Iron Zealot shrugs off debilitating injuries and disadvantages. Beginning at 6th level whenever an Iron Zealot would take ability damage, unless they inflicted it themselves, they take 2 less ability damage.

Juggernaut (Ex): An Iron Zealot is implacable, and practically unstoppable, moving on despite any attempts to stop or hold them. Beginning at 6th level an Iron Zealot gains a +4 bonus on checks and saves to resist Bull Rush, Trip, paralysis, as well as any effect which would Entangle or Hold them, and gain a +4 bonus on Strength checks to break doors and walls or to escape from webs and nets, and on Grapple checks to escape a grapple.

Tattered Soul (Su): An Iron Zealot commonly deals with, and works under, the sort of soulless yandere who would routinely tear and tatter the soul of their minions, and when an Iron Zealot is not doing this they're often fighting demons and devils who will routinely do the same. This leaves them able to function with a completely tattered and ruined soul, and to avoid affects which would capture or destroy it completely. An Iron Zealot is immune to effects which would damage, remove, or capture their soul (including Magic Jar) and cannot be reanimated as the undead unless their soul is willing to allow such an effect. In addition an Iron Zealot is immune to the effects of negative levels and does not die for having too many (they still have them, they just do nothing, making them fashion statements like goggles), though they may still become permanent level loss (which affects them normally) if they retain Negative Levels for a full 24 hours.

Greater Iron Soul (Su): An Iron Zealots ability to shrug off debilitating effects and injuries improves. Beginning at 9th level whenever an Iron Zealot would take ability damage, unless they inflicted it themselves, they take 4 less ability damage and whenever they would take ability drain, unless they inflicted it themselves, they take 2 less.

Unflinching (Ex): An Iron Zealot feels no stirring of hesitation within their soul. They gain a +4 bonus on saves versus fear and are immune to Daze and Stunning.

Why Won't You Die (Ex): It's easier to stop a landslide than an Iron Zealot. Beginning at 10th level 1/day when an Iron Zealot would die they do not for 2 rounds (if it is possible to heal the source of their death such as Con damage or hp damage it is possible for them to heal away from it and not die), in this state they also do not fall unconscious from nonlethal damage unless they have more nonlethal damage than their maximum hit points + their Constitution modifier + 10. During this effect an Iron Zealot's body holds together with the same perverse stubbornness as it remains animate, and if they would be disintegrated they are not reduced to dust (though still take any damage) until this state ends.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-31 at 06:36 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my god I absolutely love it. The entire first two paragraphs written in pink got me. I might love you a little bit Zaydos.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I was taking a bit of a risk with it not being able to be finished before epic levels, but I thought that a super Bone Knight would be really fun to play. I wanted it to take a Warforged Juggernaut kind of approach...

I was also worried that I would be playing too much on your Bone Knight avatar haha.
    Don't worry. There's a reason I picked it as my avatar! I love the character archetype of the heavily-armored spellcaster, am a big fan of non-evil creation of mindless undead (not much other use for bodies besides worm food, after all), and the whole bone armor fluff is really cool. If I'm ever in a high-op game I'm busting out my DMM Persist Cleric/Bone Knight/Sacred Exorcist (picking up turn and rebuke undead along with the rebuke dragons ACF for triple mileage out of Extra Turning/Nightsticks), and it's gonna be awesome.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I might love you a little bit Zaydos.
    Here at GitP A.S. Industries, we like to promote a quality work environment with positive feedback. Meet one of our Regional Managers, see how affectionate he is? This is totally in compliance with all of H.R.'s policies, right Red Fel?

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Don't worry. There's a reason I picked it as my avatar!
    Well, that is a relief haha.

If I'm ever in a high-op game I'm busting out my DMM Persist Cleric/Bone Knight/Sacred Exorcist (picking up turn and rebuke undead along with the rebuke dragons ACF for triple mileage out of Extra Turning/Nightsticks), and it's gonna be awesome.
    I'm not sure what I would do in a high OP game, honestly.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-05-29 at 05:34 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Permission granted.
    I'll be honest: I initially wanted to create something that you could incorporate in your current character, but then I realized that I know absolutely nothing about Viziers. Or Akshasa. Or pegasi, at least as a playable race... So I scratched out the idea and looked at the Bone Knight (for obvious reasons). I wanted to create a 5 levels PrC that could complement the Bone Knight well and started writing it down, but halfway through it I decided that it wouldn't have worked, remembered from an earlier thread that you really liked Incarnum and so I came up with this thing. Here you are:

Spoiler
    Show
    Necrocarnum Fisherman
    "Sticks and stones will break your bones, but your soul will never leave me!"
    - John, Necrocarnum Fisherman

"Follow me, and I'll make you fishers of souls!"
    - Randew, master Necrocarnum Fisherman

Necrocarnum Fishermen are chill people. I mean, they have this scary look, hang out with zombies (in water, nevertheless), steal the souls of their enemies and other stuff like that, but they're not all evil... Even though most of them are. Indeed, many adventurers think that Necrocarnum Fishermen are just another reason to never set a foot into a body of water larger than a 5 ft. square, but getting to know one can be really fun.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Skills: Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, Ride 6 ranks, Swim 4 ranks.
    Feats: Mounted Combat.
    Meldshaping: Ability to shape three necrocarnum soulmelds.
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast 2nd-level divine spells.
    Special: Must be instructed by another Necrocarnum Fisherman.

HIT DIE: d10

CLASS FEATURES

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Class Features Special
    1st +0 +2 +0 +2 Necrocarnum anchovy, turn or rebuke undead, wave rider -
    2nd +1 +3 +0 +3 Improved necrocarnum circlet +1 level of existing meldshaping class and
    +1 level of existing divine spellcasting class
    3rd +2 +3 +1 +3 Chakra binds (hands) +1 level of existing meldshaping class
    4th +3 +4 +1 +4 Improved necrocarnum weapon +1 level of existing meldshaping class and
    5th +3 +4 +1 +4 Necrocarnum anchovy, greater necrocarnum circlet -
    6th +4 +5 +2 +5 Chakra binds (arms) +1 level of existing meldshaping class and
    7th +5 +5 +2 +5 Greater necrocarnum weapon +1 level of existing meldshaping class
    8th +6 +6 +2 +6 - +1 level of existing meldshaping class and
    9th +6 +6 +3 +6 Necrocarnum anchovy, chakra binds (heart) -
    10th +7 +7 +3 +7 Supreme necrocarnum weapon +1 level of existing meldshaping class and
    Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level): Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Swim (Str), Spellcraft (Int).

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: You gain no new proficiencies with weapons, armor, or shields.

Necrocarnum Anchovy: At 1st level, you gain the services of a necrocarnum anchovy (a Large shark with the necrocarnum zombie template applied). You can call the necrocarnum anchovy in the same fashion as a paladin whose level equals your Paladin level (if any) plus your Necrocarnum Fisherman level.

At 5th level, you can choose to gain the services of an extra anchovy, or to invest this necrocarnum energy in your existing necrocarnum anchovy (treat the improved necrocarnum anchovy as a Huge shark with the necrocarnum zombie template applied).

At 9th level, you can choose to gain the services of an extra improved anchovy, or to invest this necrocarnum energy in your existing improved necrocarnum anchovy (treat the greater necrocarnum anchovy as a dire shark with the necrocarnum zombie template applied).

Treat your effective paladin level as the sum of your Paladin and Necrocarnum Fisherman levels to determine the special abilities of a necrocarnum anchovy. Reduce your effective level by 3 to determine the special abilities of an improved necrocarnum anchovy, or by 6 to determine the special abilities of a greater necrocarnum anchovy.

Turn or Rebuke Undead (Su): Necrocarnum Fishermen can turn or rebuke undead as clerics do. If you have this ability from another class, your class levels stack to determine your effective turning level.

Waverider: You gain a competence bonus equal to your class levels on all Swim checks and a competence bonus equal to half your class levels (rounded down) on all Ride checks.

Meldshaping: At each Necrocarnum Fisherman level except 1st, 5th and 9th, you increase your meldshaper level, the number of soulmelds you can shape, the number of chakra binds you can create, and your essentia pool as if you had gained a level in the meldshaping class to which you belonged prior to gaining the Necrocarnum Fisherman level. You do not, however, gain any other abilities of that class, such as new tiers of chakra binds. If you had more than one meldshaping class before becoming an ironsoul forgemaster, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining your essentia pool, meldshaper level, and the number of soulmelds and chakra binds available.

Spellcasting: At each Necrocarnum Fisherman even level, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spell known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in a divine spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one divine spellcasting class before becoming a Necrocarnum Fisherman, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known.

Improved Necrocarnum Circlet (Su): At 2nd level, whenever you shape a necrocarnum circlet and bind it to your crown chakra, you can choose to animate up to two corpses within 30 feet as necrocarnum zombies as a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. Each affected creature's HD cannot exceed your meldshaper level and you take damage equal to the sum of the necrocarnum zombies' HD, which may not be healed as long as they remain animated. Moreover, whenever you shape a necrocarnum circlet, only friendly undeads gain turn resistance based on the amount of invested essentia.

Chakra Binds: Beginning at 3rd level, you can bind your soulmelds or magic items to your hands chakra, in addition to any other chakras you have available. When you attain 6th level, your arms chakra becomes available for chakra binds. At 9th level, you can bind soulmelds or magic items to your heart chakra.

Greater Necrocarnum Circlet (Su): At 5th level, the number of corpses you can animate whenever you shape a necrocarnum circlet and bind it to your crown chakra rises to three. The above limitations continue to apply, and you still take damage equal to the sum of the necrocarnum zombies' HD. However, for each point of essentia that you invest in your necrocarnum circlet, reduce the necrocarnum zombies' HD of 1 to determine how much damage you take to animate them.

Improved Necrocarnum Weapon (Su): At 4th level, when you have a necrocarnum weapon soulmeld bound to your hands chakra and you successfully make a critical hit with the weapon on a living creature, you deal an additional point of Constitution damage.

Greater Necrocarnum Weapon (Su): At 7th level, when you have a necrocarnum weapon soulmeld bound to your hands chakra and you successfully make a critical hit with the weapon on a living creature, you bestow a negative level to the target (Fortitude negate). For each negative level bestowed in this way, you gain 1 temporary point of essentia (which lasts until the end of your next turn) and 5 temporary hit points (which fade after one hour). Any creature killed by this negative level rises as a necrocarnum zombie in 1d4 rounds. The necrocarnum zombies created in this way aren't under your control, but recognize you as their creators.

Supreme Necrocarnum Weapon (Su): At 10th level, once a week, you can choose to instantly animate a creature slain with your necrocarnum weapon as a necrocarnum zombie under your command. Necrocarnum zombies created in this way lasts indefinitely or until destroyed. The maximum total HD you may command in this manner is equal to twice times your class levels, but you can't control any individual undead with more HD than your class levels.

Extended signature here. Contains: 2 avatars, 3 quotes, a doggo and his friends.

Kitchen Crashers: an adventure building Iron Chef - First edition running 20/04/18-18/05/18.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my god I absolutely love it. The entire first two paragraphs written in pink got me. I might love you a little bit Zaydos.
    Good because I still need a blood sacrifice. So come on over...

It'll only hurt for a little while, and how else am I supposed to lure out an epic good aligned dragon? Hmm? Hmm? I need one to put its soul in a sword to make a Apocalyptic MacGuffin.

On a more serious note, I'd probably suggest the intelligent item should be enhancement +1/4th character level or 1/4th CR of the dragon it is made from. Also how much does an intelligent axe with the soul of a red dragon sell for?

Here at GitP A.S. Industries, we like to promote a quality work environment with positive feedback. Meet one of our Regional Managers, see how affectionate he is? This is totally in compliance with all of H.R.'s policies, right Red Fel?
    If IZ is a regional manager what does that make me? Or am I the regional manager? You know what...

I didn't have my tea this morning.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

So long as we're back to .gifs, I'm still honey-sempai.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    It was that claim which got me posting gifs last thread.

Current Projects:

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    If IZ is a regional manager what does that make me? Or am I the regional manager?
    I think we went over this at one point didn't we? In a different "regular's as" thread?

We were doing so well!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Pine View Post
    Necrocarnum Fisherman
    Wow, this is really cool! A much more humorous take than LP's, although both are greatly appreciated.

Also:
    At 5th level, you can choose to gain the services of an extra anchovy
    When I read that I let out a very long hiss that broke down into guttural laughter.

Also:
    "Sticks and stones will break your bones, but your soul will never leave me!"
    - John, Necrocarnum Fisherman
    This is awesome. I'm going to use that line for my next necromancer.

Also:
    I'll be honest: I initially wanted to create something that you could incorporate in your current character, but then I realized that I know absolutely nothing about Viziers. Or Akshasa. Or pegasi, at least as a playable race... So I scratched out the idea and looked at the Bone Knight (for obvious reasons). I wanted to create a 5 levels PrC that could complement the Bone Knight well and started writing it down, but halfway through it I decided that it wouldn't have worked, remembered from an earlier thread that you really liked Incarnum and so I came up with this thing.
    The Vizier is basically the Pathfinder version of the Incarnate. You can read about it here. Akasha is DSP's take on Incarnum, of which the Vizier is a part. The Pegasus player race is from the third-party Ponyfinder setting, which is an adaptation of the My Little Pony series.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

I think we went over this at one point didn't we? In a different "regular's as" thread?
    Still have no idea what my job is. The closest I've come is being declared king of the Elder Evils thread, which I'm pretty sure isn't a title that applies to the whole thing.

We were doing so well!
    Fine, fine, you heard the paladin!

Everybody back to work!

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Never!
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Never!
    Youll never take me!!!

Also covering fire!!
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-05-29 at 06:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

14. - Top - End - #164

Never!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Youll never take me!!!

Also covering fire!!
    Are we really going to do this again?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Zaydos, what in Sheol are you doing?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Don't bother suing; I'm friends with every judge on the continent, and the law firms keep me on speed dial.

For reasons.

It'll only hurt for a little while, and how else am I supposed to lure out an epic good aligned dragon? Hmm? Hmm? I need one to put its soul in a sword to make a Apocalyptic MacGuffin.
    Have you tried practicing dragon calls?

If IZ is a regional manager what does that make me? Or am I the regional manager? You know what...
    Let me check my records... Hmm... Evil, cruel, creatively sadistic...

Would you consider an opening in our tax department?

But you know the current job economy. Everything changing, everyone being brutally sacrificed moving up the corporate ladder moving onto bigger and better things being brutally sacrificed.

We were doing so well!
    Yes. So well.

My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Don't bother suing; I'm friends with every judge on the continent, and the law firms keep me on speed dial.

For reasons.
    I was mostly asking because you were head of HR. Why would I sue my own company?!

Let me check my records... Hmm... Evil, cruel, creatively sadistic...

Would you consider an opening in our tax department?
    Annnnnd this is why we keep you around. That and we made a contract that says we have to keep you for the next seven-thousand years...

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Annnnnd this is why we keep you around. That and we made a contract that says we have to keep you for the next seven-thousand years...
    This is one of the best examples of why Red Fel is awesome: he "check the fine print"d LoyalPaladin.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Zaydos, what in Sheol are you doing?
    Forgetting the Lawful aspect of my alignment... and making a Red Mage PrC.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Forgetting the Lawful aspect of my alignment... and making a Red Mage PrC.
    Yes, yes you are. Walk with me, Zaydos.

Spoiler
    Show

You see, in the world, there is a certain order to things. Grass grows. Cat's hunt rodents. I chainsaw monks. It's all very neat and tidy. Do you know what you do, Zaydos?

You write the ntrys! You are the reliable one! The thread relies on you behaving. And if the thread doesn't survive, well, I'm sure you understand.

Right?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-29 at 06:49 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Everybody back to work!
    I refuse!

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    This is one of the best examples of why Red Fel is awesome: he "check the fine print"d LoyalPaladin.
    These sort of things happen more often than you think. We still coexist fairly well. We also make a decent team. But I'm not allowed on his lawn...

and making a Red Mage PrC.
    I gotta say, it's still freaking me out to not see your Peanut Dragon. Also, I love the Red Mage in FF...

Wait. Has anyone seen stack anywhere? He has been oddly silent.

I refuse!

You either go back to work, or lose dessert privileges for a week.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RedMage125 View Post
    I give permission. I'd love to see where that goes.
    REDMAGE

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic can not be stopped. The success or failure of any given step will have no impact on the macro level."

Magic, swordplay, healing, the trifecta of power which no one man can master. Of course that just means one has to find the loopholes of the rules of reality and do it anyway, right, right?

BECOMING A REDMAGE

Once the Red Mages were a great order of mages dedicated to knowledge and versatility, mastering both combat and magic, and training in their great academy-temples. Then the Great Delusion came and now they are but scattered individuals each believing themselves to be the last of their ancient order training apprentices to rebuild it.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    BAB: +3.
    Skills: Knowledge (any 2) 8 ranks, Use Magic Device 4 ranks.
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast 2nd level arcane or divine spells.
    Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: You must be proficient in at least 4 martial weapons and medium and lighter armor.
    Special: Must have an awesome red hat with a big white feather in it.

Class Skills
    The Red Mage's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Cha), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Spellcasting
    1st
    +1
    +0
    +0
    +2
    Dabbled Spell (0), Keep your Friends Close, Optimized Casting, I Totally Had that on My Character Sheet
    +1 level of existing spellcasting class
    2nd
    +2
    +0
    +0
    +3
    Dabbled Spell (1st), I Have that Feat
    -
    3rd
    +3
    +1
    +1
    +3
    Greater Optimized Casting, Dabbled Spell (2nd)
    +1 level existing spellcasting class
    4th
    +4
    +1
    +1
    +4
    Dabbled Spell (3rd), Dabbled Spell (0), I Have that Skill!
    5th
    +5
    +1
    +1
    +4
    Forgot to Write it Down, Dabbled Spell (3rd), Dabbled Spell (1st)
    -
    6th
    +6
    +2
    +2
    +5
    Dabbled Spell (4th), Dabbled Spell (2nd)
    7th
    +7
    +2
    +2
    +5
    Dabbled Spell (4th), Dabbled Spell (0), Metagame
    8th
    +8
    +2
    +2
    +6
    Dabbled Spell (5th), Dabbled Spell (1st), I Always Had these Scores
    -
    9th
    +9
    +3
    +3
    +6
    Dabbled Spell (5th), Dabbled Spell (2nd)
    10th
    +10
    +3
    +3
    +7
    Dabbled Spell (6th), Dabbled Spell (3rd), Forgot to Mark 'em Off

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A Red Mage gains no new armor or weapon proficiencies.

Spellcasting: At all levels but 2nd, 5th, and 8th a Red Mage gains... standard boilerplate.

Dabbled Spell: At each level a Red Mage selects one or more spells/infusions/mysteries from the spell list or domain list of any base class and adds it to their spells known and spell list for 1 spellcasting class they possess at the same level. This spell retains its arcane/divine/shadowcasting traits it had when cast as a character of the original class. At 1st level a Red Mage gains a level 0 spell or fundamental, at 2nd level they gain a 1st level spell, at 3rd they gain a 2nd level spell, at 4th they gain a 3rd level spell and level 0 spell (or fundamental), at 5th they gain a 3rd level spell and a 1st level spell, at 6th a 4th and a 2nd, at 7th a 4th and a level 0 (or a fundamental), at 8th they gain a 5th and a 1st, at 9th they gain a 5th and a 2nd, at 10th they gain a 6th and a 3rd.

Keep your Friends Close (Ex): A Red Mage gains a bonus on Bluff checks made against their allies equal to their class level, this bonus triples when the Red Mage is attempting to Bluff themselves.

Optimized Casting: You have a Good Will save you don't need Wisdom, and Charisma is for losers and "roleplayers", everyone knows that it is the dump stat so why would you have it higher than 8? All spellcasting a Red Mage possesses is based off of their Intelligence and no other ability score.

I Totally Had that on my Sheet (Ex): Once per day per class level a Red Mage may declare they have any mundane item worth less than 100 GP. This item lasts until it is no longer currently in use, and if sold anything given in exchange for it vanishes within 1 hour as well as anything purchased with gold obtained this way.

I Have That Feat (Ex): Once per day per 2 class levels a Red Mage may declare (as a free action usable outside of their turn) that they do in fact have a certain non-epic feat. They retain the benefits of that feat for 1 minute.

Greater Optimized Casting: Whenever you cast a spell you take the best of every world. It has no arcane spell failure, no divine focus, and no arcane specific material component or focus, for example.

I Have that Skill (Ex): I totally do, it says so on my sheet... ignore that the writing is newer than everything else. Beginning at 4th level 3 times per day a Red Mage may declare, as a free action usable outside of their turn, that they have ranks in a skill equal to their character level +3. They retain these skill ranks until the current encounter/scene ends.

Forget to Write it Down (Ex): Damage doesn't really hurt you till it's written on your character sheet and sometimes a Red Mage simply forgets to write it down. 3 times per day when a 5th level or higher Red Mage would take damage (including ability damage) they may forget to write it down and not take said damage.

Metagame (Ex): You've got to look beyond the game at times. Once per day a 7th level Red Mage may gain the benefits of a Legend Lore spell as a free action, in addition they can gain information that they really shouldn't which functions as Bardic Knowledge using their Red Mage level in place of their Bard level.

I Always Had these Scores (Ex): You've got to edit quick if you want to change your scores without being noticed... I mean I always had these ability scores. 1/day a Red Mage may swap any number of their ability scores with each other as a free action which may be performed outside of their turn. These swaps are undone after 1 minute.

Forget to Mark 'em Off: Just like hit points aren't lost until they're marked off same is true of spells, and it's possible to go a long time without actually remembering to mark them off if you're careful. 1/day a Red Mage may, as a free action, declare they forgot to mark off their cast spells regaining all expended spell slots.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-29 at 07:17 PM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

You see, in the world, there is a certain order to things. Grass grows. Cat's hunt rodents. I chainsaw monks. It's all very neat and tidy. Do you know what you do, Zaydos?

You write the ntrys! You are the reliable one! The thread relies on you behaving. And if the thread doesn't survive, well, I'm sure you understand.

Right?
    Ah but I have to do something to keep myself productive

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

atemu1234, you need a better union.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #177

Sure, I guess I'll grant permission for this one too.

28. - Top - End - #178

Yes, we all have a close working relationship with the head of H.R. at GitP A.S. Industries at Rudi&Splorker, Pun&Pun, Legend of Oblivion Solicitors, Dov Ahkin's Accident and Injury Specialists, Xamnim Rekrolpsidur Dezimitpo's Legal Determinations and Five Dash H Dash Four Dash D Dash Zero's Solutions*, we support Red Fel, because he has no choice but to pay one of us and the number of complaints against H.R. makes this a rather lucrative business. It is a coincidence that that these are all characters of Threadnaught's or Ice Assassins under his direct control, and that all newly formed agencies which aren't new shell companies designed to divert suspicion are restaffed with Ice Assassins of the original staff (under Threadnaught's control) in a hostile takeover. Pure coincidence.

Hailing from Rudisplorkia are chaotic stupid and Irk, who may be convinced to allow Fel to get away with something if he's able to fluff it as legal. You may have to be careful once atemu1234 arrives, he'll be cleaning house.
    Me? I'll allow anything at least once if it's cool enough, regardless of legalities. Getting paid 95% of everyone's wages for the duration of my time as High Rudisplorker is pretty cool. Especially since I'll never be voted out.

*It's spelled "5-H-4-D-0" but too many people started referring to it as "Shadow", it's designation is not "Shadow", it is pronounced "Five Dash H Dash Four Dash D Dash Zero", please stop referring to this unit as "Shadow".
    Roleplaying a Warforged that pretends to be a robot, is hilarious. That's exactly the kind of thing it'd say.

Red Mage is another fantastic PrC, Zaydos.

Let's face it, Snowbluff needs to chainsaw Monks in half to feel better about his 3 Fighter levels. Shots fired.
    Last edited by Threadnaught; 2015-05-29 at 07:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

What's the "A.S." in GitP A.S.?
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-05-29 at 08:20 PM.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

What's the "A.S." in GitP A. S.?
    That information is above your pay grade.