New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as PrCs!

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I can see that, I do have the class open right now (Pathfinder and 3.5).

Also, the Iron Zealot doesn't appear all that evil in fluff, except for that willing deformity feat. They seem like they could be extremely grim anti-heroes, ala Cregga Roseyes(Redwall anyone?), extremely tough and stubborn good guys (Naruto-ish), or the complete uncaring juggernaut rampaging destructo-monster that seems to be what you were aiming for. Cool, either way.

Also, my brother took a look at the class and said word for word "they might as well right 'no' on the character sheet".
    You kept saying you were Neutral Evil so I went with that.

And is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    You kept saying you were Neutral Evil so I went with that.

And is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    I suppose. I say a lot of Neutral evil things, but that's mostly for funziez. Still like the fluff.

He said that there were some badly written parts, and right now I'm too tired to go and look through and tell you if I feel there's anything off. I still like it though.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Grand Imagination Fencer
    Wow, you've really outdone yourself. This is functional and flavorful.

I'm so excited!
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-30 at 10:36 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

I don't really post around that often but LP thought it would be cool if I gave my permission to let someone make a PrC of me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    DA here.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose. I say a lot of Neutral evil things, but that's mostly for funziez. Still like the fluff.

He said that there were some badly written parts, and right now I'm too tired to go and look through and tell you if I feel there's anything off. I still like it though.
    The number of hits points are actually rather absurd (effectively d20, with making all previous hit dice effectively +8; gives you at 20th level with 20 Con post items and a d10 base class for 10 levels 304 instead of the standard 224), the DR is... actually rather tame, and the natural armor is probably actually too high (in previous example it ends up as +5 to AC which isn't enough to completely skew the RNG but it does do a lot). The real problem is that they are a tank that can't attract or hold aggro in anyway. Every feature is defensive except the one stolen from Crusader which can grant a +5 to attack and damage (should probably have capped that at Steely Resolve 20, the same as a 15th level crusader, instead of 25 the same as a 20th level crusader), level 4 they might get too much (2 bad bonus feats, +1 to AC and DR, and +5 steely resolve), Iron Soul is just a soulmeld and 1 essentia, with Greater Being roughly less than the ability to bind it and 6 essentia which might have ended up being too much. Which leaves the four actually unique abilities which range from ill-defined (what effects are caused by pain?), to Iron Juggernaut which really is enough for a whole level in and of itself, Tattered Soul which makes a few otherwise terrifying enemies (wights) easy but 95+% of the time does nothing, and then there's the capstone which gets really powerful with a heal spell on the table and probably shouldn't let you heal off wounds that would normally have already killed you, then again you have the Devoted Spirit Lv 8 Stance (hits the table at the same time) which lets you die three times. This is better, and the disintegration immunity should probably be simply your body remains intact (through sheer bloody mindedness) for 2 rounds if disintegrated, and it should probably only let you stay alive like that 1/day.

I have stated before that my work in these threads is slapped together quickly without as much care as usual to balance. Then again most of the things I make it this thread have more care put into them as the Ruin Delver, Intoxicanter, and more than...

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Is it possible to win the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaselGuy View Post
    If it is, I'm pretty sure Zaydos just did it. I just laughed so hard I woke my roommate up.
    Wow, you've really outdone yourself. This is functional and flavorful.

I'm so excited!

Playing the drama-queen aside, it would of course be the one I made that I actually don't like (thematic cohesion is lacking, and mostly it was just a string of cheap jokes) that gets this sort of response.

I think I may have come down with artistic integrity. Is it terminal? Doctor can you remove it?

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

If you don't think it causes enough rampant madness, you can always approach it from a new perspective. Take what you have and work to make it more cohesive.

If you're not happy, I'm not happy.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

If you don't think it causes enough rampant madness, you can always approach it from a new perspective. Take what you have and work to make it more cohesive.

If you're not happy, I'm not happy.
    Eh, I'm a perfectionist, I'll never be happy with anything I make. Even my favorite class I'm not happy with, in part because by the time I was finishing up its abilities I'd forgotten what the earlier abilities did, that and I don't think it plays smoothly across levels but I still need to find more experimental test subjects.

Throw in the stereotypical egotistical artist moment when their throwaway work is the one getting the most praise, as opposed to the ones they actually put their heart and soul into.

In truth it's just the healthy reminder to myself that things are supposed to be fun, not everything needs to be serious, and knowing my joke made people laugh loudly enough to wake their roommate makes me happy.

Great and now I was honest and shared my feelings

and I tried to find an anime gif for "I feel dirty" via google and...

Current Projects:

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, I'm a perfectionist, I'll never be happy with anything I make.
    I'm not good enough for perfection?

smalltongue
    and I tried to find an anime gif for "I feel dirty" via google and...
    That's ****ing beautiful man.

And don't worry about your feelings. I'm a terrible confidant and everyone I'm honest to crashes and burns.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Playing the drama-queen aside, it would of course be the one I made that I actually don't like (thematic cohesion is lacking, and mostly it was just a string of cheap jokes) that gets this sort of response.

I think I may have come down with artistic integrity. Is it terminal? Doctor can you remove it?
    Hey, while I gave that response to that one, my favorite is still the one you made for me. Not only did I find its flavor suited to my interests, but it ties back to a creation in the previous thread.

Mysteries, the shadow plane, Elder Evils, HoH taint rules, vile damage, the under appreciated Thrall PrCs... What isn't to love?

Though, since Thrall is ascribed to the Demon ones and Disciple to the Devil ones... And I made an equivalent to both in a single PrC called the Elder Evil Epigone, perhaps Epigone of Darinarxul might have been a more befitting name.. But that is a minor detail and really is a matter of semantics at this point.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I don't know what PrC someone could make from me, but I give my permission. Sadly, I don't have a gif to give to the horde

((Hi, Zaydos! )
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not good enough for perfection?

smalltongue
    Nope. Only one person is, and she isn't on here... and would end up as a thief PrC... and now I'm reminded that I'm not happy with that PrC.

That's ****ing beautiful man.

And don't worry about your feelings. I'm a terrible confidant and everyone I'm honest to crashes and burns.
    That's... erm...
    very reassuring...

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    Hey, while I gave that response to that one, my favorite is still the one you made for me. Not only did I find its flavor suited to my interests, but it ties back to a creation in the previous thread.

Mysteries, the shadow plane, Elder Evils, HoH taint rules, vile damage, the under appreciated Thrall PrCs... What isn't to love?

Though, since Thrall is ascribed to the Demon ones and Disciple to the Devil ones... And I made an equivalent to both in a single PrC called the Elder Evil Epigone, perhaps Epigone of Darinarxul might have been a more befitting name.. But that is a minor detail and really is a matter of semantics at this point.
    >>
    I forgot the Thrall PrCs existed. I just went with Thrall because stock fantasy tropes.
    <<

Also it was one of my favorite to make. Mechanically there's the problem of its disadvantages compared to Shadowcaster being a slap on the wrist (-1 hp/level, -1 or -2 to Fort saves) but casters and melee can both get PrCs which are just better than the base class, and Shadowcaster has issues so it should balance out (though really PrCs as class fixes is not a healthy way to go, but I'm too lazy to fix shadowcaster).

@Thokk: Hey.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Thokk, I could get you a gif if you want one.
    Nope. Only one person is, and she isn't on here... and would end up as a thief PrC... and now I'm reminded that I'm not happy with that PrC.
    D'aw.

Oh, and EXCUSE ME?!

That's... erm...

very reassuring...
    Yes, yes it is.

And it looks like Sjlver posted, which means I'll probably have to start writing something.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Thokk, I could get you a gif if you want one.
    No, no. This is something I need to do for myself. Here I go!

Am I doing this right?
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

14. - Top - End - #254
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Your a horrible person, missing out on the 90s. I mean sure we had many things... Things that do not need to be discussed... But hey that just gives the 90s character... and things to burn... so many things to burn... Not like the 00s though. I could just burn that decade. Excuse me, but my entire intern division (everyone in my company except me) has just volunteered for time burning experiments (it's in their contracts). IZ42 I must take my vacation days for these intense research sessions, not that you have given me much to do. I miss writing everyone's paychecks.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-05-31 at 03:48 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #256
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Ehm, Marlowe, would it be outrageous if I thought you were having an episode of MPD or something? I mean, it's hilariously funny, but I'm sort of seeing a pattern...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thokk_Smash View Post
    No, no. This is something I need to do for myself. Here I go!
    Well, uh, you succeeded in demonstrating how well you succeeded.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Permission granted, because I am intrigued.
    So this is 100% inspired by your avatar and is a real shot in the dark as to what sort of Hexblade you like and what sort of way you take it thematically but once I had the idea in my head I had to finish it.

Outclan Cursebearer

Sometimes a dwarf does some action which is viewed as so abhorrent by their people that they are cast out from their clan and ritualistically stripped of their status as a dwarf. Exiled to the outskirts of dwarven cities, some of these outcasts turn to dark arts which no dwarf would consider. Through dark magic they create a mutualistic relationship with a curse, allowing it to grow within them. Dwarves fear these cursebearers, knowing their very existence to be blighted and a danger to all who near them, yet their power in battle makes them valuable. Some Outclan Cursebearers live on in the outskirts of dwarven communities, allowed to live almost within sight of their loved ones in exchange for serving as expendable shock troops against the forces that besiege the dwarves from deep beneath the earth. Others leave the dwarven lands behind completely wandering the wilderness as hermits, or traveling to the human lands as mercenaries.

BECOMING AN OUTCLAN CURSEBEARER

To become an Outclan Cursebearer one must first be a dwarf. Then one must be dishonored and exiled from their people and stripped of the title of dwarf. Following this they must perform a ritual allowing an ancient curse to take root in their very soul, becoming its vessel. This last is the hardest of the three. Most Cursebearers tell that it came to them in their dreams, that they simply followed the motions, knowing that power lay at the end, if they were willing to meet its cost. Of course it is theoretically possible to do things in a different order, performing the ancient ritual and getting exiled from your race for doing so, but few dwarves choose such a drastic option for power.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Dwarf.
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 8 ranks.
    Spellcasting: Ability to cast a first level arcane spell from the Necromancy school.
    Special: Mettle or Great Fortitude.
    Special: Must have been cast out of the dwarven people for your actions.
    Special: Must perform a ritual to allow an ancient curse to use your body as a host. The above requirements are the requirements to perform the ritual, and it also costs 100 GP in rare reagents and ingredients, as well as the blood sacrifice of one living creature of medium size or greater. If any of these requirements are lacking, save the spellcasting, the ritual fails fatally to its practitioner, if the spellcasting is lacking the ritual simply fails.

Class Skills
    The following skills are class skills for the Outclan Cursebearer and their key ability scores: Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Knowledge (the Planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d10

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special
    Spells per Day
    1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
    1st
    +1
    +2
    +0
    +2
    Accelerated Aging, Armored Mage (medium), Bloody Strike 2 1 - - - -
    2nd
    +2
    +3
    +0
    +3
    Curse's Eyes, Unnerving Presence 2 2 0 - - -
    3rd
    +3
    +3
    +1
    +3
    Advanced Learning, Hollowed Spirit, Living Blight 3 2 1 - - -
    4th
    +4
    +4
    +1
    +4
    Armored Mage (Heavy), Erode Life, Hexing Edge 1/day 3 2 2 - - -
    5th
    +5
    +4
    +1
    +4
    Nature of Power, Plague Bearer 3 2 2 1 - -
    6th
    +6
    +5
    +2
    +5
    Advanced Learning, Curse Reins, Dispationate Detachment 3 3 2 2 - -
    7th
    +7
    +5
    +2
    +6
    Greater Erode Life, Hexing Edge 2/day 4 3 2 2 1 -
    8th
    +8
    +6
    +2
    +6
    Cursed Nexus, Reactive Curse 4 3 3 2 2 -
    9th
    +9
    +6
    +3
    +6
    Advanced Learning, Greater Unnerving Presence 4 4 3 2 2 1
    10th
    +10
    +7
    +3
    +7
    Hexing Edge 3/day, Hungry for Life, Unbound by Death 4 4 3 3 2 2

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: An Outclan Cursebearer gains proficiency in all weapons with dwarf or dwarven in their name and in light, medium, and heavy armor including battle plate, interlocking plate, interlocking scale, and mountain plate, as well as shields.

Note on Familiars: For all of an Outclan Cursebearer's class features which affect creatures within an area their familiar (if any) is considered themselves.

Spellcasting: An Outclan Cursebearer casts arcane spells, which are drawn from the Outclan Cursebearer’s spell list (see below). Like a sorcerer, they can cast any spell they know without preparing it ahead of time. When an Outclan Cursebearer gains access to a new level of spells, they automatically know all the spells for that level given on the Outclan Cursebearer’s spell list. Outclan Cursebearers also have the option of adding to their existing spell list through their advanced learning ability as they increase in level (see below).

To cast a spell, an Outclan Cursebearer must have a Charisma score of 10 + the spell’s level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against an Outclan Cursebearer’s spell is 10 + the spell’s level + their Charisma modifier. Like other spellcasters, an Outclan Cursebearer can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Their base daily spell allotment is given in the table above. In addition, they receives bonus spells for a high Charisma score (see Table 1–1 on page 8 of the Player’s Handbook).

Accelerated Aging (Su): The curse within the Outclan Cursebearer must feed upon something to gain the power which allows the Cursebearer to cast spells. An Outclan Cursebearer ages at twice the normal rate.

Armored Mage: An Outclan Cursebearer learns how to cast arcane spells even in the armor of their excised dwarven heritage. An Outclan Cursebearer suffers no arcane spell failure for wearing light or medium armor; this applies to all arcane spells an Outclan Cursebearer casts regardless of what class granted the spells. Beginning at 4th level an Outclan Cursebearer no longer suffers arcane spell failure for wearing heavy armor or for shields other than tower shields.

Bloody Strike (Su): An Outclan Cursebearer may feed their curse with their own life force ot stir it into giving extra weight and power to their blows. When an Outclan Cursebearer makes an attack they may, before making their attack roll, choose to pay hit points up to their character level (receiving that amount of damage) and gain a bonus to damage equal to twice that amount. The damage incurred to pay for this ability cannot be reduced in any way and is always lethal regardless of any regeneration the Outclan Cursebearer might possess. If the attack misses this sacrifice of hit points is wasted.

Curse's Eyes (Su): An Outclan Cursebearer has a mutualistic relationship with a curse of the deep and ancient darkness and attune themselves somewhat with darkness therefore. An Outclan Cursebearer's Darkvision increases by 60-ft and they may see in total magical darkness as if it were shadowy illumination (this is still black and white unless there would normally be light) and magical shadowy illumination as if it were not there at all. An Outclan Cursebearer gains a +3 bonus on Spot and Search checks made in total darkness via their darkvision.

Unnerving Presence (Su): Animals and similar creatures can sense a wrongness in an Outclan Cursebearer, distrusting and fearing the curse within the outcast dwarf. Beginning at 2nd level any Animal or Magical Beast with 1 or 2 Intelligence within 30-ft of the Outclan Cursebearer with less hit dice than the Outclan Cursebearer must make a Will save (DC 10 + Outclan Cursebearer level + Charisma modifier) or be frightened for as long as it remains within this area and 1 minute thereafter. Animals and Int 1 or 2 Magical Beasts with as many or more hit dice than the Outclan Cursebearer instead simply have their intitial attitude towards the Outclan Cursebearer reduced by 1 grade (to a minimum of Hostile).

Advanced Learning: At 3rd level, 6th level, and again at 9th level an Outclan Cursebearer selects one enchantment or necromancy spell from the Sorcerer/Wizard spell list of any level up to 1 lower than the highest level they may cast and adds it to their spell list.

Hollowed Spirit: The curse within an Outclan Cursebearer hollows out their very spirit to make room for itself, its power flowing in to replace the lost. This results in an influx of spiritual power and even a certain commanding aura, but leaves the Outclan Cursebearer distant and hard to relate to. Beginning at 3rd level an Outclan Cursebearer gains a +2 bonus to Charisma but suffers a -2 penalty to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Wild Empathy, and any other Charisma check or Charisma based skill check made to influence living creatures except for Intimidate.

Living Blight (Su): The curse within an Outclan Cursebearer leaks from their body, extending into the world around them. Beginning at 3rd level normal (non creature) plants do not grow while an Outclan Cursebearer is within a mile of them.

Erode Life (Su): The curse within an Outclan Cursebearer is hungry, sucking life into itself. Beginning at 4th level creatures, including the Outclan Cursebearer, within 30-ft of an Outclan Cursebearer cannot stabilize naturally and require either healing or a heal check to stabilize.

Hexing Edge: An Outclan Cursebearer can focus their symbiot-curse outwards through their weapons. Beginning at 4th level 1/day an Outclan Cursebearer may upon successfully striking a creature with a melee attack cast a single spell on that creature as a free action. The spell must be cast as an Outclan Cursebearer, must have a range greater than personal, and must have either a target(s) or effect: ray. The Outclan Cursebearer does not need to make any attack rolls to hit the target with this spell and the creature suffers a -2 penalty to their saving throw against the spell or a -4 if they have less hp remaining after the triggering attack than the attack dealt to them. At 7th level an Outclan Cursebearer can use this ability twice per day, and at 10th level an Outclan Cursebearer can use this ability three times per day.

Nature of Power: An Outclan Cursebearer is granted power by the curse within them, but even as this power flows naturally from its nature they must also direct and guide its energy. Each Outclan Cursebearer is ultimately faced with a choice. At 5th level an Outclan Cursebearer must choose Mind, Death, Travel, or Body and gain an additional the following additional spells to their spell-list based upon the choice.

Mind:
    1st: Disguise Self, Whelm (PHB2)
    2nd: Hideous Laughter, Hypnotic Pattern
    3rd: Inevitable Defeat (PHB2), Vertigo Field (PHB2)
    4th: Crushing despair, Rainbow Pattern
    5th: Feeblemind, Seeming
    6th: Geas/Quest, Mislead.

Death:

1st: Death's Call (CM), Spirit Worm (SpC)
    2nd: Escalating Enfeeblement (CM), Kelgore's Grave Mist (PHB2)
    3rd: Crown of the Grave (PHB2), Undead Lieutenant (SpC)
    4th: Doom Scarabs (PHB2), Finger of Agony (CM)
    5th: Channeled Lifetheft (CM), Touch of Vecna (CM)
    6th: Finger of Death, Fleshiver (SpC)

Travel:
    1st: Benign Transposition (SpC), Swim (SpC)
    2nd: Baleful Transposition (SpC), Dimension Hop (PHB2)
    3rd: Dimension Step (PHB2), Phantom Steed
    4th: Dimension Door, Translocation Trick (SpC)
    5th: Teleport, Xorn Movement (SpC)
    6th: Plane Shift, Shadow Walk.

Body:
    1st: Enlarge Person, Fist of Stone (SpC)
    2nd: Alter Self, Belker Claws (SpC)
    3rd: Gaseous Form, Evard's Menacing Tentacles (PHB2)
    4th: Baleful Blink (PHB2), Polymorph
    5th: Draconic Might (SpC), Flaying Tentacles (CM)
    6th: Stone Body (SpC), Stone to Flesh

Plague Bearer (Su): An Outclan Cursebearer's weakens the ability of creatures to fight off even the smallest disease. Beginning at 5th level any creature within 1 mile of an Outclan Cursebearer suffers a -2 on saves against non-magical diseases and any Heal check made to treat such diseases suffers a -4 penalty; the presence of multiple Outclan Cursebearers do not stack for this effect.

Curse Reins (Su): An Outclan Cursebearer can turn any curse against the creature which bears it, using the curse to hinder and slow the target's motions. Beginning at 6th level an Outclan Cursebearer may, as a swift action, influence a curse upon a creature within 60-ft to inflict a -2 penalty to attack and AC to that creature. For the purposes of this ability a curse is: Any spell effect of the Necromancy school, Geas/Quest, Lesser Geas, a Hexblade's curse, any spell effect cast by an Outclan Cursebearer as an Outclan Cursebearer spell, and the Outclan Cursebearer's Cursed Nexus ability. This penalty lasts as long as the target is cursed and within 60-ft of the Outclan Cursebearer, but ends immediately if the Outclan Cursebearer uses this ability on another creature.

Dispassionate Detachment: As the curse eats away at an Outclan Cursebearer's very spirit they grow increasingly detached and incapable of normal dwarven feeling. Beginning at 6th level an Outclan Cursebearer is immune to fear, Crushing Despair, Hideous Laughter, Irresistable Dance, and all morale bonuses an Outclan Cursebearer would receive are halved (rounded up).

Greater Erode Life (Su): As the curse feeds an Outclan Cursebearer more and more power so too does its hunger grow. Beginning at 7th level any living creature within 10-ft of an Outclan Cursebearer other than the Outclan Cursebearer receives 1 damage each round. An Outclan Cursebearer cannot deactivate this ability and it affects friend and foe alike.

Cursed Nexus (Su): The curse within an Outclan Cursebearer leaks more and more from their body, existing outside of them as a horrible nexus of power. Beginning at 8th level all creatures other than the Outclan Cursebearer within 30-ft of an Outclan Cursebearer suffer a -2 penalty on all saving throws. An Outclan Cursebearer cannot deactivate this ability and it affects friend and foe alike.

Reactive Curse (Su): The curse within an Outclan Cursebearer grows as protective of them as any animal does of its home. Beginning at 8th level when an Outclan Cursebearer takes damage they may cast a 2nd level or lower spell with a range greater than touch as an immediate action, if they do so the spell must target the source of that damage or be an effect ray which targets the source of that damage, and the Outclan Cursebearer must expend a 2nd slot of the same level.

Greater Unnerving Presence (Su): As an Outclan Cursebearer's curse reaches its final growth the Outclan Cursebearer is nearly completely hollowed out, leaving those dealing with them the feeling that they are dealing with some dangerous and deadly husk. Creatures with less hit dice than the Outclan Cursebearer within 10-ft of the Outclan Cursebearer must make a Will save (DC 10 + Outclan Cursebearer class level + Charisma modifier) or be shaken for as long as they remain within and 1 minute thereafter. A creature which successfully saves is immune for as long as it remains within this aura and 1 minute thereafter, and a creature which fails and re-enters while the effect is still active upon them does not have to save again but the duration is reset.

Hungry for Life (Su) At the end of its life cycle the curse shows a certain fondness for the Outclan Cursebearer, knowing that if the cursebearer dies so too does it. A 10th level Outclan Cursebearer may expand the area affected by their Greater Erode Life out to up to 30-ft as a standard action, or reduce down to a minimum of 10-ft as a standard action. In addition an Outclan Cursebearer regains hit points each round equal to the amount of hit points lost by other creatures to the Outclan Cursebearer's Greater Erode Life. If an Outclan Cursebearer is dying their Greater Erode Life automatically extends to its full length.

Unbound by Death (Su): Full grown the curse within an Outclan Cursebearer is ready, even if unwilling, to explode from them consuming and destroying all nearby and in its death throes spreading its energies letting them seap back into the earth to create a new generation. When a 10th level Outclan Cursebearer dies they may cast up to 3 spells they know with an area of effect. Each spell must be a different spell and must be centered on the Outclan Cursebearer's square. These spells are Widened and Empowered even if the Outclan Cursebearer does not have either of these feats. An Outclan Cursebearer may still be revived normally; in fact the curse while fearing death loves to see their bearer die and return for each such death spreads its seeds. These seeds sink into the earth and forms the next generation of the baleful energies waiting for new hosts or to infect an unwilling creature.

Outclan Cursebearer Spell List
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 1 Spells
    Cause Feat
    Charm Person
    Chill Touch
    Detect Magic
    Detect Undead
    Entropic Shield
    Expeditious Retreat
    Magic Weapon
    Mount
    Phantom Threat
    Prestidigitation
    Protection from Good/Law
    Ray of Enfeeblement
    Read Magic
    Sleep
    Hideous Laughter
    undetectable Alignment
    Unseen Servant

Level 2 Spells
    Blindness/Deafness
    Bull's Strength
    Command Undead
    Darkness
    Eagle's Splendor
    False Life
    Invisibility
    Mirror Image
    Protection from Arrows
    Rage
    Resist Energy
    Scare
    See Invisibility
    Spider Climb
    Suggestion
    Summon Swarm
    Touch of Idiocy

Level 3 Spells
    Animate Dead
    Arcane Sight
    Deep Slumber
    Dispel Magic
    Fly
    Hound of Doom
    Invisibility Sphere
    Magic Weapon, Greater
    Nondetection
    Protection from Energy
    Ray of Exhaustion
    Slow
    Stinking Cloud
    Vampiric Touch
    Wind Wall

Level 4 Spells
    Bestow Curse
    Charm Monster
    Confusion
    Contagion
    Cursed Blade
    Detect Scrying
    Enervation
    Fear
    Invisibility, Greater
    Phantasmal Killer
    Poison
    Scrying
    Solid Fog

Level 5 Spells
    Baleful Polymorph
    Blight
    Break Enchantment
    Cloudkill
    Dominate Person
    Faithful Hound
    Nightmare
    Overland Flight
    Sending
    Slay Living
    Waves of Fatigue

Level 6 Spells
    Bestow Curse, Greater
    Create Undead
    Dispel Magic, Greater
    Eyebite
    Suggestion, Mass
    True Seeing
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-01 at 03:45 PM.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Zaydos, have you recently tead Thud!? This PrC has a distinct Sam Vimes-esque feel. Apart form the mandatory dwarfness, that is...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Zaydos, have you recently tead Thud!? This PrC has a distinct Sam Vimes-esque feel. Apart form the mandatory dwarfness, that is...
    Does about 10 years ago count as recently?

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Snip*
    Ghost in the shell is 00s, has haman seen Tenshi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki!, or um... hm... why is this stuff over here all turn of the millennium stuff. Why is most of the 90s anime I have, stuff that looked good as a kid and needs to be burned with a fiery fire now.
    New plan, saving the 00s cause it apparently has my entire top 10 list, and burning most of the 90s.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Phoenix Fire Adept

"I just came to watch it all burn"

BECOMING A PHOENIX FIRE ADEPT

The Phoenix Fire Adept is Chaos incarnate. To them Fire is the ultimate expression of Chaos, and they use it. A lot.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS

Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 8 ranks
    Feats:Incarnum Spellshaping
    Spellcasting: Ability to spontaneously cast one 2nd level [fire] spell
    Meldshaping: Ability to bind a Soulmeld to a Chakra

Class Skills
    The Phoenix Fire Adept's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int),
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Class Features Spellcasting/Meldshaping
    1st +0 +0 +0 +2 Chakra Bind (Feet Hands) +1 Level of existing Meldshaping class
    +1 level of existing Arcane Spellcasting class
    2nd +1 +0 +0 +3 Dont Blink +1 Level of existing Meldshaping class
    3rd +1 +1 +1 +3 Phoenix Flame +1 Level of existing Meldshaping class
    4th +2 +1 +1 +4 Chakra Binds (Arms, Brow, Shoulder +1 Level of existing Meldshaping class
    5th +2 +1 +1 +4 Heart of Flame +1 Level of existing Meldshaping class
    6th +3 +2 +2 +5 Fires of Chaos +1 Level of existing Meldshaping class
    7th +3 +2 +2 +5 Chakra Bind (Waist Throat) +1 Level of existing Meldshaping class

Meldshaping:At each Phoenix Fire Adept level, you increase your meldshaper level, the number of soulmelds you can shape, the number of chakra binds you can create, and your essentia pool as if you had gained a level in a meldshaping class to which you belonged prior to gaining the Phoenix Fire Adept level. You do not, however, gain any other abilities of that class, such as new tiers of chakra binds. If you had more than one meldshaping class before becoming a Phoenix Fire Adept, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining your essentia pool, meldshaper level, and the number of soulmelds and chakra binds available.

Spellcasting:At each Phoenix Fire Adept level, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in an arcane spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one arcane spellcasting class before becoming a Phoenix Fire Adept, you must decide to which class to add each level or the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known.

Chakra Binds:As you attain higher levels, you can bind your soulmelds and magic items to your chakras, gaining new powers based on the combination chosen. At 1st level, you can bind your soulmelds or magic items to your least chakras (feet, and hands), in addition to any other chakras you have available. When you attain 5th level, your lesser chakras (arms, brow, and shoulders) become available for chakra binds and at 7th level your greater chakras (throat and waist) become available

Dont Blink:At 2nd level you gain the ability to shape the Blink Dog Shirt soulmeld even if you are usually incapable of doing so.

Phoenix Flame: At 3rd level your fire attacks burn so hot that you burn creatures usually immune to fire. All of spells and soulmelds with the fire[fire] descriptor affect creatures with resistance to Fire and creatures that are immune take half damage. Creatures with the Cold Subtype take double damage but can save as per normal for the effect.
    This effect is automatically applied to your spells and soulmelds.

Heart of Fire: At 5th level you gain the ability to shape the Heart of Fire soulmeld even if you are usually incapable of doing so.

Fires of Chaos: at 6th level your flames twist and writhe in ways that are not natural. Any spell or soulemeld that is affected by your Phoenix Flame ability has half of its damage changed to Chaos damage and is not subject to resistance or immunity. Also whenever a creature with a Lawful Alignment is targeted by a spell or soulmemeld with this effect, the suffer a -2 to their save to resist its effect.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-05-31 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Ghost in the shell is 00s, has haman seen Tenshi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki!, or um... hm... why is this stuff over here all turn of the millennium stuff. Why is most of the 90s anime I have, stuff that looked good as a kid and needs to be burned with a fiery fire now.
    New plan, saving the 00s cause it apparently has my entire top 10 list, and burning most of the 90s.
    The first film for Ghost in the Shell was '95.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-05-31 at 01:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Wouldn't it be easier to have you gain new tiers of unlocked chakra binds via +1 level of existing meldshaper class than by the PrC level directly? Also should they really be getting Throat/Waist chakras 3 (possibly 4 if a wizard can get the ability to cast fire spells spontaneously) character levels before Incarnate?

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I quite like the 00s if mainly because that consists of most of my childhood. And Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (my favorite games) came out in '03.

Also, I'm trying to convince my friend, who's relatively new to Anime as far as I can tell, that SAO isn't that good. I told him to watch DanMachi, but I don't think he entirely believes me. Not sure what else he's watched, aside from I think a few episodes of AoT. And his family is kinda devout, so there might be that problem. Definitely not suggesting Blue Exorcist to him. Suggestions anyone?

Also, exempt from finals!
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-05-31 at 01:34 PM.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Wouldn't it be easier to have you gain new tiers of unlocked chakra binds via +1 level of existing meldshaper class than by the PrC level directly? Also should they really be getting Throat/Waist chakras 3 (possibly 4 if a wizard can get the ability to cast fire spells spontaneously) character levels before Incarnate?
    Point one, yes it would, but WotC decided to make things complicated, so this is how they do it.

Point two, i would normally say no, but in this instance i went for it because its really this PrCs only class feature, and since its a theurge you have the issue of what to do after. Honestly i only had 5 levels of class features thought out and i didnt want this to look like the Soul Caster where half of it is empty levels

Edit: i will take suggestions if you have ideas, also just realized that you cant get your Heart Chakra or your soul Chakra if you go into this class, so theres a missed opportunity.

I quite like the 00s if mainly because that consists of most of my childhood. And Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (my favorite games) came out in '03.

Also, I'm trying to convince my friend, who's relatively new to Anime as far as I can tell, that SAO isn't that good. I told him to watch DanMachi, but I don't think he entirely believes me. Not sure what else he's watched, aside from I think a few episodes of AoT. And his family is kinda devout, so there might be that problem. Definitely not suggesting Blue Exorcist to him. Suggestions anyone?

Also, exempt from finals!
    Full metal Alchemist obviously. Also Yu Gi Oh is fun if you just kinda enjoy the ride and dont think to hard
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-05-31 at 01:40 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I'm trying to convince my friend, who's relatively new to Anime as far as I can tell, that SAO isn't that good. I told him to watch DanMachi, but I don't think he entirely believes me. Not sure what else he's watched, aside from I think a few episodes of AoT.
    Danmachi isn't really that good, either. I heard Log Horizon is better if he's into that sort of thing.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Full metal Alchemist obviously. Also Yu Gi Oh is fun if you just kinda enjoy the ride and dont think to hard
    I thought about that, but I'm not sure how well he deals with the high-octane nightmare fuel that is Fullmetal Alchemist. Some of that stuff gave me the heebie-jeebies. Warning, that link is Tvtropes and contains spoilers as to the series.
    Danmachi isn't really that good, either. I heard Log Horizon is better if he's into that sort of thing.
    Well I like it, so it was one of my suggestions, no need to go further. Also, Log Horizon is the exact same thing as SAO, as far as I can tell, from reading the summary on crunchyroll. Are there any major differences I should know about?
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-05-31 at 01:46 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Well I like it, so it was one of my suggestions, no need to go further. Also, Log Horizon is the exact same thing as SAO, as far as I can tell, from reading the summary on crunchyroll. Are there any major differences I should know about?
    Well it has less of a Super Plot and more of a bunch of little plots, oh and they arent trying to escape the game, as no one apparenty knows how they got there, so they're all just hanging out and questing. So ya its very different from SAO
    Show