A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    All of this. I don't write Pathfinder things. It's like Beast Heart Adept, but without the complicated whosamawhatsits.
    I don't do PF either, but Unearthed Arcana did archetypes with it's alternate classes back near the beginning of 3.5, they just had a clunkier name and were less well codified and it's easy and convenient to use the term.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #422
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    And i found that out with a little google-fu exercise. I need this now and again. Course i found out i could have ended my search 7 min early by refreshing this page.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

He's celestial. He's automatically of the highest moral standard, and he granted himself the feat.
    Huh. After looking through a few relevant things (BoED, BoVD, Sandstorm), poison isn't called out as an evil act by RAW, it's just referred to as "usually evil" or something that most good creatures avoid. Carry on, I guess.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

4. - Top - End - #424
    Firbolg in the Playground

Are we allowed to shamelessly advertize on here? We're all friends right?
    Spoiler: I'm shamelessly advertizing.
    Show
    My little sister just sent me her latest drawing and I'm super impressed. Thought I'd share with you all. I put her DA in my sig, she just got a new rig so she can update it more often now.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Huh. After looking through a few relevant things (BoED, BoVD, Sandstorm), poison isn't called out as an evil act by RAW, it's just referred to as "usually evil" or something that most good creatures avoid. Carry on, I guess.
    For some reason this doesn't sit well with me.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-18 at 05:06 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Uh huh. It's great because he's strong and smart.

Now do you understand why the Beseecher Bee Queen is a Magical Beest?

Yeah, she'spretty cool, but I have to wonder why why she drew a pic of you yelling at her. :p
    For some reason this doesn't sit well with me.
    Friar Tuck is of the highest moral standard!

Who wouldn't want to trust a face like that?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-18 at 05:10 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #426

Nope, it's beeyond me.

Yeah, she'spretty cool, but I have to wonder why why she drew a pic of you yelling at her. :p
    How am I always the bad guy?! My alignment is Lawful Good!
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-18 at 05:13 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

Actually, the standard set by the book of exalted deeds is pretty explicit. To quote page 34, "Using poison that deals ability damage is an evil act." However, setting an exception for a creature that must use such a weapon in the course of normal affairs, because it's natural, is a logical thing, and I seem to recall it being supported in the text somewhere. And, of course, there's also the fact that setting poison use as an intrinsically evil act is frigging stupid. I mean, jeez, somehow casters manage to cast the poison spell all the time without its ability damaging effects registering as evil, and I could trivially point to a pile of similar examples of weird inconsistencies of that rule. Allowing this sort of thing should be the baseline by my reckoning, at least for natural poison.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I give permission
    NeoScout (Scout, Archetype)

Levels: 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 11th (and technically 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20).

Loses: Fast Movement, Trackless Step, Flawless Stride.

Modifies: Skirmish, Bonus Feats.

Effects:

TeleSkirmish: Your skirmish ability is not triggered by distance moved. Instead you gain the benefits of skirmish until your next turn any time you teleport.

Battle Swap (Su): In the far distant year 1999 a scout must be able to trust in their companions, and casually twist the nature of space and time. As a move action you may swap positions with a willing creature within 10-ft per scout level. This is a teleportation effect. Once you have used this ability you must wait 1 minute before using it again.

Telestep (Su): Beginning at 3rd level you may teleport 1/2 your speed as a move action.

Bonus Feat: Add the following feat to your bonus feat list: Offensive Battle Swap, Swift Telestep.

Spoiler: Offensive Battle Swap
    Show
    Offensive Battle Swap [General]
    You are able to use your battle swap on unwilling creatures.
    Prerequisites: Battle Swap.
    Benefit: You may use your Battle Swap ability on an unwilling creature. If you do the target is allowed a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Dexterity) to resist the ability. If the target resists you do not move.

Spoiler: Swift Telestep
    Show
    Swift Telestep [General]
    You are able to use your telestep more swiftly a limited number of times per day.
    Prerequisites: Telestep.
    Benefit: You may use Telestep (or Greater Telestep) as a swift action 3 times per day. You may not use this to perform the full round action version of Telestep as a swift action.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time you do you gain an extra 3 uses per day.

Casual Battle Swap (Su): Beginning at 6th level you may use Battle Swap at-will without a 1 minute recharge time.

Greater Telestep (Su): Beginning at 11th level you may teleport your speed as a move action, or 4 times your speed as a full round action.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Not everyone has the fortitude to sit through an extended lecture including the finer points on how to appropriately tip your waitress/waiter.

edit: I think I know why Red Fel left. We were giving this paladin here too much attention and ignoring the little guy.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-18 at 05:37 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Actually how is it, that you manage to be the second most bad person here?

*looks meaningful at little miss chaos-forgery*

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh... I kind of want it to be winter already, because Blade & Soul is coming out then.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Stalker (Tiefling Racial Substitution for Rogue)

Levels:1st, 3rd, 9th, 14th, 20th

Loses: Trapfinding, Trap Sense and later improvements

1st Level: Gain Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat even if you do not meet the Prerequisites.

Insightful Strike: (Ex) Beginning at 3rd level You may apply your Intelligence modifier as a bonus to damage with any Weapon that is subject to Weapon Finesse.

Shadow Blade: At 9th level you gain the Shadow Blade feat even if you dont meet the Prerequisites.

Dark Embrace At 14th level you gain the Dark Creature Template (ToM). This does not increase your ECL.

Dark Ascension: At 20th level you have become one with Darkness, you gain the Shadow Creature Template (LoM). This does not increase your ECL.

Here! Rogues getting more nice things!

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Ugh... I kind of want it to be winter already, because Blade & Soul is coming out then.

Silence you!! I will not go back to freezing my rear end off !!
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-06-18 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Actually how is it, that you manage to be the second most bad person here?

*looks meaningful at little miss chaos-forgery*
    I'm not thaaat bad. I mean look at LP, he's a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post

Silence you!! I will not go back to freezing my rear end off !!
    Come now, the deep winter cold is nice and inviting. Just relax and immerse yourself as you slowly lose feeling and the cold quietly and slowly saps your strength. You will slowly fade into the blackness of death slow, inevitable and mostly painless. Unless you struggle, in that case your strength rapidly decreases, you might black out and you won't even be able to see the end coming. Cold is brilliant that way and why it is the best energy element. Sadly fire just has so many uses.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-18 at 06:47 PM.

Current avatar by me

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not thaaat bad. I mean look at LP, he's a paladin.
    It's so much harder to stop the Auditors from having the universe canceled and take over the company while I'm at it with you constantly forging things.

Current Projects:

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

It's so much harder to stop the Auditors from having the universe canceled and take over the company while I'm at it with you constantly forging things.
    For the auditors to take over their paperwork would have to survive.

Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

For the auditors to take over their paperwork would have to survive.
    I'm trying to take over. They're trying to kill Santa and cancel the universe.

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

I'm trying to take over. They're trying to kill Santa and cancel the universe.
    lies and slander, everyone knows santa claws is trying to kill everyone else.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

lies and slander, everyone knows santa claws is trying to kill everyone else.
    He remains our main defense against cancellation of the series, it might be his paradox-absorbing crumple zones. So what all are we referencing at this point? 1984 and victory chocolate, Thief of Time with chocolate killing auditors, The Hogfather with auditors trying to kill Santa as the first step to destroying the world, and Futurama, I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

He remains our main defense against cancellation of the series, it might be his paradox-absorbing crumple zones. So what all are we referencing at this point? 1984 and victory chocolate, Thief of Time with chocolate killing auditors, The Hogfather with auditors trying to kill Santa as the first step to destroying the world, and Futurama, I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.
    we are giantitp, we reference everything to optimize the plot in the most convoluted way we can think of.

edit: we are far worse than any movie writer or tv writer i can think of.
    edit2: I take that back I can think of one thing that is at least as convoluted. Faction Paradox from the Doctor Who universe.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-18 at 08:27 PM.

Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

we are giantitp, we reference everything to optimize the plot in the most convoluted way we can think of.

edit: we are far worse than any movie writer or tv writer i can think of.
    edit2: I take that back I can think of one thing that is at least as convoluted. Faction Paradox from the Doctor Who universe.
    Eh, the plot here is far less convoluted than ASoIaF, or most of Whedon's, or since I've been watching it later seasons of SG-1, and actually less full of references.

Edit: And now I almost want to run a game where the PCs are an evil consortium which rules the world... and now must protect it from the horrors that come from beyond. Probably put the PCs as the highest level characters in an otherwise E6 setting (no one else is higher than 6th level), or at least among the highest level characters (maybe the evil consortium would have some higher level ones in it). Alternatively the PCs are members of an otherworldly evil theocratic empire which have conquered the world and must now defend it from the forces of their gods' arch nemesis Jeanne.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-18 at 08:40 PM.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #441
    Troll in the Playground

Eh, the plot here is far less convoluted than ASoIaF, or most of Whedon's, or since I've been watching it later seasons of SG-1, and actually less full of references.
    SG-1 never seemed complicated at all to me.

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

SG-1 never seemed complicated at all to me.
    Complicated, no, convoluted yes. Mostly due to continuity and stagnation.

Also I hate the season without Daniel.

Edit: Also note this situation is pretty simple.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-18 at 08:42 PM.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Complicated, no, convoluted yes. Mostly due to continuity and stagnation.

Also I hate the season without Daniel.

Edit: Also note this situation is pretty simple.
    ???

Convoluted:
    1. extremely complex and difficult to follow
    2. intricately folded, twisted, or coiled

I am not sure i follow you.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

???

Convoluted:
    1. extremely complex and difficult to follow
    2. intricately folded, twisted, or coiled

I am not sure i follow you.
    While the plots of individual episodes were fairly straight forward what was actually going on got folded over and over again with things like Anubis being half-way an ascended being, the whole Daniel thing, etc. At least as convoluted as this which is actually pretty simple (evil corporation, a little bit of attempts at a coup, and Terry Pratchett references).

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Come now, the deep winter cold is nice and inviting. Just relax and immerse yourself as you slowly lose feeling and the cold quietly and slowly saps your strength. You will slowly fade into the blackness of death slow, inevitable and mostly painless. Unless you struggle, in that case your strength rapidly decreases, you might black out and you won't even be able to see the end coming. Cold is brilliant that way and why it is the best energy element. Sadly fire just has so many uses.
    I just got done retraining Cold Endurance for Heat Endurance and i am not gonna start the process of reversing that for at least 4 months!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

While the plots of individual episodes were fairly straight forward what was actually going on got folded over and over again with things like Anubis being half-way an ascended being, the whole Daniel thing, etc. At least as convoluted as this which is actually pretty simple (evil corporation, a little bit of attempts at a coup, and Terry Pratchett references).
    It's not an evil corporation though. It is a corporation comprised of splintered and often competing factions, and apparently has had baby corporations for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I just got done retraining Cold Endurance for Heat Endurance and i am not gonna start the process of reversing that for at least 4 months!
    you don't need cold endurance to feel the slow, sweet, comforting caress of death via cold. In fact it sounds rather counter productive.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-18 at 09:24 PM.

Current avatar by me

27. - Top - End - #447

Tell your lil' sister that that looks damn nice. Tell her I said it needs more spiffy uniforms, swords, or giant robots, but tell her that that's the sort of thing I would say.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Tell your lil' sister that that looks damn nice. Tell her I said it needs more spiffy uniforms, swords, or giant robots, but tell her that that's the sort of thing I would say.
    LP, direct her to my picture of the catgirl hussar...

Tell her to make 200,000 the old fashioned way. I'm behind schedule.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-18 at 09:30 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

It's not an evil corporation though. It is a corporation comprised of splintered and often competing factions, and apparently has had baby corporations for various reasons.
    We're a negligent parent with how rarely those get mentioned. Still more straightforward than figuring how the NID avoided getting taking apart after their blackmail material was leaked.

Actually... wait are we the NID's parent company? Whose bid for power was that?

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

We're a negligent parent with how rarely those get mentioned. Still more straightforward than figuring how the NID avoided getting taking apart after their blackmail material was leaked.

Actually... wait are we the NID's parent company? Whose bid for power was that?
    well, they are a civilian company that steals random technology for often destructive purposes... so it might be a shell company or an attempted splinter group for NeoPhoenix Chaos Corp. It is hard to keep track of these things. I don't care as long as they preform chaos properly, otherwise i'm going to have to inject some of my own brand of chaos in there.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-18 at 09:51 PM.

Current avatar by me