New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    As a bit of explanation, because I do actually know what these things are:
    No one knows what they are. It says so in the OP. It's always right. If you know what they are that means you don't exist.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-07 at 10:26 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    (Loyal) Paladin ACF: Holy Flirt
    Awesome! I didn't even see this yet! Thank you!

The LoyalPaladin grants you permission.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-07 at 10:43 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Awesome! I didn't even see this yet! Thank you!
    You're perma-permissioned, hon. It's because you're so good at flirting.

Actually, no, and I have no idea why you're paladin ACF flirts.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Because he explains not having Sense Motive ranks with getting all his information from having a high charisma and barmaids.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #35

You're perma-permissioned, hon. It's because you're so good at flirting.
    I knew you liked it~

I thought it was perfect. I was super please haha. I need this for Vincent.

Because he explains not having Sense Motive ranks with getting all his information from having a high charisma and barmaids.
    This too.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-07 at 11:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

You have my permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by GPuzzle View Post
    And I do agree that the right answer to the magic/mundane problem is to make everyone badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    If you're of a philosophical bent, the powergamer is a great example of Heidegger's modern technological man, who treats a game's mechanics as a standing reserve of undifferentiated resources that are to be used for his goals.
    My Complete Tome of Battle Maneuver/Stance/Class Overhaul

Arseplomancy = Fanatic Tarrasque!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Officially, flirting is bluff based. Thanks, Swashbuckler ACF.
    I knew you liked it~
    Oh, yes I found it very flattering.

But that's more my ego than your ability.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

And hey he got two, one of them doesn't require flirting, it involves shooting... Or did I fail to post that?

Do I look like I understand flirting? I might have been working off half remembered bits of Dragon #299 which iirc differentiated duplicitous flirting (bluff) and forthright flirting (diplomacy).

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

And hey he got two, one of them doesn't require flirting, it involves shooting... Or did I fail to post that?
    Yeah, but LP hasn't tried to shoot me yet. Then again, I don't know about you guys...

Do I look like I understand flirting?
    Judging by our last interaction, no you don't. :p

Though it's cool to hear you talk about old DnD stuff. I started in 3.5, so I don't know about 2nd edition ADnD or anything before that.

10. - Top - End - #40

This one is for Snowbluff, or more correctly his stream of terrifying anime chicks.

Bardic ACF:Advocate of War

Levels: 1st, 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, 18th.

1st level: My friends, it has often been said of me that I like war: A Bard with at least 4 ranks in Perform (oratory), Perform (sing), or Perform (poetics) may, as a move action, add the effect of any or all known Advocate of War Bardic Music effects to a previously started Inspire Courage Performance without interrupting the original performance. At level 6, this become a swift action, at level 12 a free action.

Replaces Countersong.

3rd level: No, friends, I love war: A Bard with at least 6 ranks in Perform (oratory), Perform (sing), or Perform (poetics) may use this ability to increase the effect of their Inspire Courage by 1.

Replaces Inspire Competence.

6th level: I said, Kneel.: A Bard at least 9 ranks in Perform (oratory), Perform (sing), or Perform (poetics) may work this effect into their Inspire Courage performance. In addition to bolstering their allies, the Bards performance now causes all enemies within 30 not immune to Fear to take a Will save (DC 13+Chr modifier) or become Shaken. the save is repeated each round the enemy continues to hear the Bard. An enemy already Shaken may become Frightened and an enemy already Frightened may become Panicked.

Replaces Suggestion.

9th level: Let the thunder be the sound of our voices, and the lightning the sheen of our spears: A Bard with at least 12 ranks in Perform (oratory), Perform (sing), or Perform (poetics) may work this effect into their Inspire Courage performance. All allies within range of IC may add the Bards Charisma modifier to damage rolls, and may reroll all failed Will saves.

Replaces Inspire Greatness.

12th level: Don't you understand? I'm very tired: A Bard with at least 15 ranks in Perform (oratory), Perform (sing), or Perform (poetics) may work this effect into their Inspire Courage performance. All allies within range of IC become immune to fatigue, death effects, ability damage or drain, level drain, and fear.

Replaces Song of Freedom

15th level: They're dead. Let's get the living home. A Bard with at least 18 ranks in Perform (oratory), Perform (sing), or Perform (poetics) may work this effect into their Inspire Courage performance. The Fear effect now effects Undead, Constructs, and other creatures normally immune to Mind-effecting abilities. The Will save DC increases to DC 18+Bards Charisma modifier.

Replaces Inspire Heroics

18th level: The memory of our might shall be forever be etched in your minds. A Bard with at least 21 ranks in Perform (oratory), Perform (sing), or Perform (poetics) may work this effect into their Inspire Courage performance. All allies within range receive an extra standard action each turn.

Replaces Mass Suggestion

The Bard himself is effected by all the preceding effects as if he were his own ally.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    This one is for Snowbluff, or more correctly his stream of terrifying anime chicks.
    Oh geez, thanks for reminding me about that video

Nice ACF, too. The 18th level ability is a bit broken but I'm assuming it's for 3.5 bard so whatever.

Link for the uninitiated (Hellsing spoilers, maybe?).
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-07 at 11:58 PM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Oh geez, thanks for reminding me about that video

Nice ACF, too. The 18th level ability is a bit broken but I'm assuming it's for 3.5 bard so whatever.
    What would you recommend instead? The only experience I've ever had at that level was a ridiculous thing laden with horribly broken free LA-RHD characters that didn't really teach me much of anything. I was a Yuan-Ti sorceress and spent almost all my time polymorphed/Shapechanged into a Dragon ferrying around the other characters.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

What would you recommend instead? The only experience I've ever had at that level was a ridiculous thing laden with horribly broken free LA-RHD characters that didn't really teach me much of anything. I was a Yuan-Ti sorceress and spent almost all my time polymorphed/Shapechanged into a Dragon ferrying around the other characters.
    High level D&D gets crazy like that. Hence the "so whatever". Access to all-day 3.0 haste is really strong but anyone who wants to break action economy probably did so much earlier than 18th level
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

14. - Top - End - #44

Oh, yes I found it very flattering.

But that's more my ego than your ability.
    I feel like it should be diplomacy.

Bahaha.

I meant to quote both. I want to TAKE both. Haha.

Do I look like I understand flirting? I might have been working off half remembered bits of Dragon #299 which iirc differentiated duplicitous flirting (bluff) and forthright flirting (diplomacy).
    You get to be my Paladin's wingman.

Yeah, but LP hasn't tried to shoot me yet. Then again, I don't know about you guys...
    Hey, don't show your hand while your sitting at the table.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Judging by our last interaction, no you don't. :p

Though it's cool to hear you talk about old DnD stuff. I started in 3.5, so I don't know about 2nd edition ADnD or anything before that.
    I know as well as I need to.

My uncle gave me and my brother the Red Box when I was little so I've been playing since I was 6. I've actually played mostly 3.5 but I grew up reading the 2e books for sheer love of it. Planescape was my favorite.

You get to be my Paladin's wingman.

Have you used Detect Evil on me recently? You might have a conflict of code in there.

I approve of this song reference.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #46

Have you used Detect Evil on me recently? You might have a conflict of code in there.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I grant permission. I suck at rules, but I am happy to see myself turned into an ACF or racial or whatever.

18. - Top - End - #48

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Part of me wants to make a planetouched racial archetype for Marlowe.... but for which class....
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

20. - Top - End - #50

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

for treats sake Emperor Tippy perma permission from previous elder evil treat

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

No one knows what they are. It says so in the OP. It's always right. If you know what they are that means you don't exist.
    Yes, yes that's all well and good but for stuff like this that's particularly crunchy and a fair amount of work it does help newer members of the thread to have some idea of what the task at hand is.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Permission granted. Proceed.

24. - Top - End - #54

We can go to my favorite bar. You know. The one in Sigil.

I approve of this song reference.
    You've got to know when to hold 'em.
    Know when to fold 'em!
    Know when to walk away.
    And know when to run.

Which I am now realizing isn't very paladin like.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, yes, people can learn things. Although I have a hard time imagining anyone new showing interest in 3.x.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a nice suit but I'm more of a Kshatriya and Marida guy. I think we've had this conversation already.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mobile suits are awesome.

Bardic ACF:Advocate of War
    Oh man, my favorite part of the Bard is inspire courage. This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Well, PF bard sucks pretty bad. It's like playing the 3.5 bard without all of the insanely awesome options for spellcasters and bards. So having something insanely awesome to do would be good.
    :s
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-08 at 09:27 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

You've got to know when to hold 'em.
    Know when to fold 'em!
    Know when to walk away.
    And know when to run.

Which I am now realizing isn't very paladin like.
    2nd-rate villain is trying to Bluff his way out - go all in
    Lord is asking you to protect a murderer on his way to trial - let it go and do the job
    2nd-rate villain gives up and turns himself over - stop fighting, take him in
    1st-rate villain summons a group of demons - retreat and wait for backup

Oh, his bardness illyahr grants permission.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-06-08 at 09:49 AM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Yes, yes, people can learn things. Although I have a hard time imagining anyone new showing interest in 3.x.
    Not everyone is familiar with everything in 3.5 or PF. Not everyone on these boards has years of experience homebrewing, hell I don't even have years of experience writing homebrew and I get paid to write this stuff.

28. - Top - End - #58

:s

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    2nd-rate villain is trying to Bluff his way out - go all in
    Lord is asking you to protect a murderer on his way to trial - let it go and do the job
    2nd-rate villain gives up and turns himself over - stop fighting, take him in
    1st-rate villain summons a group of demons - retreat and wait for backup
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Not everyone on these boards has years of experience homebrewing, hell I don't even have years of experience writing homebrew and I get paid to write this stuff.
    I think a lot of people get into 3.x because people (like me) pull them into it. A group of my sister's friends asked me to DM for them, and I used 3.x.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

I give permission if anyone's interested !
    Last edited by Seto; 2015-06-08 at 09:44 AM.
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!

30. - Top - End - #60

Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-12 at 02:23 PM.