New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

One for Sjlver:

Silver Blade Crusader: (Crusader 1)

Silvered Determination (Ex): You build a pool of points when you heal damage. Whenever you use an ability to heal damage to an ally (including yourself), you gain an equal number of points a healing pool. For every 5 points you gain in this pool, you gain 1 temporary hit points. These Temporary Hit Points stack with themselves.

Additionally, this healing pool is considered your delayed damage pool the purposes of Furious Counterstrike.

This replaces Steely Resolve.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-09 at 03:36 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

One for Sjlver:

Silver Blade Crusader: (Crusader 1)

Silver Determination (Ex):
    I would actually use this one.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I would actually use this one.
    But then you wouldn't be a paladin anymore. You'd be an initiator... come to the initiator side, LP. We have class features

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    But then you wouldn't be a paladin anymore. You'd be an initiator... come to the initiator side, LP. We have class features
    He's actually playing a warlord in the ponies game.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-09 at 02:27 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #125

I'm playing a Warlord in a PbP with Snow, 'Chovies, PsyBomb, Sjlver, and Yanisa haha.

He's actually playing a warlord in the ponies game.
    Dangit... Swordsage'd. For the record, I am a wolf. You're going to hurt my Flamestrike's feelings. NOT.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-09 at 02:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm playing a Warlord in a PbP with Snow, 'Chovies, PsyBomb, Sjlver, and Yanisa haha.

Dangit... Swordsage'd. For the record, I am a wolf. You're going to hurt my Flamestrike's feelings. NOT.
    I'm aware, he asked me for build advice. How's that going for you by the way? Having fun?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

I'm aware, he asked me for build advice. How's that going for you by the way? Having fun?
    My unicorn war criminal is taking the side of a siren who killed a bunch of people.

8. - Top - End - #128

My unicorn war criminal is taking the side of a siren who killed a bunch of people.
    I'm about to eat Snowbluff's PC and the Siren.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

He's about to become a vegetable.

10. - Top - End - #130

If it's narcissistic love Threadnaught wants, it's narcissistic love Threadnaught gets.
    Yay! :Nappa:

1st level is great.
    5th level is good.
    10th level is, also great, possibly even fantastic. It does become capable of breaking Caster Level limits for capped Spells, right?

Also did a double take when I saw the deity name, reminded me of my time spent in Tamriel as the Nerevarine, Champion of Cyrodiil, Dovahkiin and Sheogorath. The Oghma Infinium is like, my 2nd favourite Artifact, just beaten out by the Wabbajack.
    Every time I see that god's name, it always reminds me how much of a know it all I really am. Probably gives MetaMyconid nightmares about the things I know.

11. - Top - End - #131

Does that mean you're going to eat me?

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    1st level is great.
    5th level is good.
    10th level is, also great, possibly even fantastic. It does become capable of breaking Caster Level limits for capped Spells, right?
    I'm glad you like it. It even uses your feat! It wouldn't be proper rudisplorking if it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    Also did a double take when I saw the deity name
    Oghma always does that to me! Haha.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sounds like you might be in a bit of a pickle. Words of advice:

1)Go first
    2)Don't go last
    3)If you miss your first attack roll, your damage is 0. It doesn't matter how much Attack Bonus you traded away on power attack if you can't actually hit them.

13. - Top - End - #133

Sounds like you might be in a bit of a pickle. Words of advice:

1)Go first
    2)Don't go last
    3)If you miss your first attack roll, your damage is 0. It doesn't matter how much Attack Bonus you traded away on power attack if you can't actually hit them.
    Actually, I was attempting to grapple the siren and Snow used PF CMDBS to ruin my grapple attempt. That's why I have to eat Snowbluff. I was only going to tie up the Siren.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

"The only one who can tie up the siren is me! Wait..."
    You're aiding a criminal... while in a party full of military personnel? Only you Snow, only you.
    Thread gave us this little gem.
    Pfft, I can hit hit touch AC on a 2.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-09 at 02:58 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hitting touch AC is rarely an issue. Targeting touch AC is usually trickier.

16. - Top - End - #136

Elric. I demand you write a 1st level maneuver for Iron Tortoise that lets me add my AC to my will save. TT~TT.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

We already did maneuvers, we are doing alternate class features now.

I think. Haven't seen many today.

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post

Yeah... I just failed a will save as a Warlord haha.

I'm guilty of only writing two so far. I should work harder...

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I have Blazing Mirror Strike, which has the added benefit of blinding people and I can recover it pretty quickly.
    Elric. I demand you write a 1st level maneuver for Iron Tortoise that lets me add my AC to my will save. TT~TT.
    Context:
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post

when I read this I died

r.i.p. me

Seriously though, this is hilariously perfect. Haven't laughed that hard for quite some time.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-09 at 03:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Best I can do is a Scarlet Throne Boost that gives +4 AC, +2 to Reflex and +2 to Will until your next turn, or a level 1 Thrashing Dragon Stance that adds +2 AC and +2 to Will. I can dig around and see what else I've got, but I didn't write Iron Tortoise, so I can't change any of the maneuvers.

21. - Top - End - #141

Context:
    My life sucks...

Best I can do is a Scarlet Throne Boost that gives +4 AC, +2 to Reflex and +2 to Will until your next turn, or a level 1 Thrashing Dragon Stance that adds +2 AC and +2 to Will. I can dig around and see what else I've got, but I didn't write Iron Tortoise, so I can't change any of the maneuvers.
    I will love you eternally for your sentiment anyways. TT~TT
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-09 at 03:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

LP< take unbreakable gambit next time. Make sure you have the +1 to luck bonuses trait, too.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Can't help you there, I did say I wasn't going to write any of these. Even if I'm inundated with ideas

24. - Top - End - #144

LP< take unbreakable gambit next time. Make sure you have the +1 to luck bonuses trait, too.
    Yeah... These PF classes are still a learning experience for me.

Can't help you there, I did say I wasn't going to write any of these. Even if I'm inundated with ideas
    At least you are honest! Even though I want you write some. D:

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Magus Archetype

Spellfist

A spellfist is proficient in all simple weapons and weapons with the monk property. A spellfist is not proficient with any weapons for armor. Thins replaces the magus's weapon and armor proficiencies.

Spell Combat: A spellfist may use unarmed strikes as part of spell combat. (Redundant with unarmed strikes counting as manufactured weapons, but worth mentioning)

Spell Strike: A spell fist's spell strike only functions with unarmed strikes and weapons with the monk property, though is not limited to melee attacks.

The spellfist gains improved unarmed strike as a bonus feat at 1st level. The spellfist may make unarmed strikes with any part of his body and his unarmed strikes count as both natural and manufactured weapons for the purposes of spells.

Arcane Pool: As a swift action, the spellfist may grant himself an competence bonus to AC and an competence bonus on unarmed strike damage equal to his Int modifier for a number of rounds equal to his Int modifier. This replaces the ability to enchant weapons with arcane pool points.

(Spellmonk! I gather that you like monks. I like the magus, thought it would be interesting to mash them together.)

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, if one happens to slip out, I don't think we'll complain.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Magus Archetype

Spellfist

A spellfist is proficient in all simple weapons and weapons with the monk property. A spellfist is not proficient with any weapons for armor. Thins replaces the magus's weapon and armor proficiencies.

Spell Combat: A spellfist may use unarmed strikes as part of spell combat. (Redundant with unarmed strikes counting as manufactured weapons, but worth mentioning)

Spell Strike: A spell fist's spell strike only functions with unarmed strikes and weapons with the monk property, though is not limited to melee attacks.

The spellfist gains improved unarmed strike as a bonus feat at 1st level. The spellfist may make unarmed strikes with any part of his body and his unarmed strikes count as both natural and manufactured weapons for the purposes of spells.

Arcane Pool: As a swift action, the spellfist may grant himself an competence bonus to AC and an competence bonus on unarmed strike damage equal to his Int modifier for a number of rounds equal to his Int modifier. This replaces the ability to enchant weapons with arcane pool points.

(Spellmonk! I gather that you like monks. I like the magus, thought it would be interesting to mash them together.)
    Ooh, that seems fun! Magus is a pretty cool class, I agree.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Antipaladin Archetype
    Forbidden

Maneuvers and Stances
    Maneuvers Known (Ex): A Forbidden begins her career with knowledge of three martial maneuvers. At level 1 she can ready all three of her starting maneuvers, but as she advances in level she will have to choose which maneuvers she readies (see maneuvers readied). Forbidden’s can select maneuvers from the Black Seraph, Cursed Razor, and Primal Fury Disciplines. She adds Survival to her list of class skills. Once she knows a maneuver, she must ready it before she can use it (see Maneuvers Readied, below). A maneuver usable by the Forbidden is considered an extraordinary ability unless otherwise noted in its description. Her maneuvers are not affected by spell resistance, and she does not provoke attacks of opportunity when she initiates one. She learns additional maneuvers at higher levels, as shown in Table 1-1: Archetype Maneuver Progression. The maximum level of maneuvers gained through Knight Disiciple levels is limited by the those listed in Table 1-1: Archetype Maneuver Progression; this restriction does not apply to maneuvers gained through other methods, such as through other classes or the Advanced Study feat. The Forbidden must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. See Systems and Use chapter.

Upon reaching 4th level, and at every even numbered level thereafter, she can choose to learn a new maneuver in place of one she already knows. In effect, the Forbidden loses the old maneuver in exchange for the new one. The Forbidden need not replace the old maneuver with a maneuver of the same level. She can choose a new maneuver of any level she likes, as long as she observes her restriction on the highest-level maneuvers she knows. The Forbidden can swap only a single maneuver at any given level. A Forbidden's primary initiator attribute is Charisma, and each Forbidden level counts as a full initiator level.

Maneuvers Readied (Ex): A Forbidden may ready all three of her starting maneuvers, but as she advances in level and learns more maneuvers she must choose which maneuvers to ready. She readies her maneuvers by performing weapon drills or praying to her deity for 10 minutes. The maneuvers she chooses remain readied until she decides to repeat this again and change them. Any given maneuver may only be readied once. Forbiddens do not need to sleep or be well rested to ready their maneuvers; any time she spends 10 minutes practicing his discipline’s weapon drills allows her to ready new maneuvers. The Forbidden begins an encounter with all readied maneuvers unexpended, regardless of how many times she may have already used them since he chose them. When the Forbidden initiates a maneuver, she expends it for the current encounter, so each of her readied maneuvers can be used once per encounter (until they are recovered, see below).

In order for the Forbidden to recover her maneuvers she must perform one of two actions. The Forbidden may recover a single maneuver as a standard action. She may also spend a full round action to recover her initiating modifier in maneuvers (min 2). If she does so, she grants all enemies within 30 ft. a profane penalty to AC and Saves equal to her initiation modifier for 1 round (will save 10+initiator level/2+Cha mod negates).

Stances Known (Ex): Forbidden’s begin play with knowledge of one stance from any of their available disciplines. At the indicated levels (see class table), the Forbidden selects an additional new stance. Unlike maneuvers, stances are not expended and she does not have to ready them. All the stances she knows are available to her at all times, and she can change the stance she is currently using as a swift action. A stance is an extraordinary ability unless otherwise stated in the stance description. Unlike with maneuvers, the Forbidden cannot learn a new stance at higher levels in place of one he already knows.

Maneuvers and Stances replaces the Antipaladin’s Spells.

Crusader’s Training: At 1st level, the Forbidden learns to augment their initiating and other abilities with effects similar to the spells of other antipaladins. The Forbidden chooses one ability at 1st level and every 3 levels thereafter.

Ghost Hunter (Su): Weapons and armor held and/or worn by the antipaladin gain the ghost touch property in addition to their other properties.

Know Thine Enemy (Ex): The Forbidden can make Knowledge checks to identify creatures untrained and receives a bonus to Knowledge checks made to identify good and/or lawful creatures equal to ½ her class level.

Interrogate (Su): The Forbidden can use discern lies as a spell like ability for a number of rounds per day equal to her class level. She treats her caster level as equal to his initiator level for this effect.

Angelbane (Su): The Forbidden can expend one use of her Guardian’s Shield ability to enchant her weapon with unholy light that banishes good outsiders. The next attack the Forbidden makes against a creature of the Outsider (Good) type forces the creature to make a Will Save (DC 10+½ class level+ Initiation modifier) or be banished back to its home plane.

Detect Alignment (Su): In addition to being able to use Detect Evil as a spell like ability at will, the Forbidden can use Detect Good, Detect Chaos, and Detect Law at will as spell like abilities.

Divine Rush (Su): Once per encounter the antipaladin can move up to her speed as an immediate action, provided she ends her movement in a square adjacent to an enemy.

Unrighteous Sanctuary (Su): Once per encounter, the Forbidden can spend an immediate action to grant a willing ally the ability to move up to its speed. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity, must be taken immediately, and the ally must end their movement next to the antipaladin.

Crusader’s Training replaces the antipaladin’s Divine Bond.

Mark of Censure (Su): At 1st level, the Forbidden gains the ability to censure the actions of good creatures, protecting his allies from the harm they cause. The antipaladin can apply a mark of censure to any good creature he can see as a swift action. This mark lasts for 24 hours or until the creature is slain. While the mark of censure is in effect, the antipaladin’s allies (other than himself) gain damage reduction equal to the antipaladin’s initiation modifier against attacks made by the marked creature. At 11th level, the Damage Reduction granted by Mark of Censure becomes equal to double the antipaladin’s initiation modifier. The Forbidden gains an additional use of Mark of Censure at 4th level and every three levels thereafter.

This replaces the antipaladin’s Smite Evil and Aura Of Justice.

Spell Familiarity (Ex): Forbiddens can use spell completion and spell triggers items (such as wands and scrolls) as if she possessed the ability to cast antipaladin spells, using her initiator level as their caster level.

Unholy Disciple (Su): At 20th level, the Forbidden becomes a paragon of unholy martial fury. The Forbidden’s DR increases to 10/good. Whenever the Forbidden uses Mark of Censure, marked creatures that attack the Forbidden’s allies (not including herself) take ½ the damage it dealt to the Forbidden’s ally.

Spoiler
    Show
    ANyone who has followed the PoW:E playtest should get the joke here. I was too lazy to fully rework the cruelties so just hacked some abilities off.

Gareth, please don't hurt me.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Stack, you forgot the Guardians Shield ability. Makes Angelbane kind of impossible to use.

Also, suggestion:

Cursed Shield: At 1st level, the Forbidden learns to surround her allies in a field clinging, vile energy. Whenever she initiates a strike, the Forbidden can apply this shield to one ally (other than herself) within 60 ft. as a free action. The shield lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Forbidden’s Charisma Modifier.

The Cursed Shield causes enemies that hit the ally with melee attacks to take 1d6 points of profane damage for every two antipaladin levels the Forbidden has. The Forbidden can use Cursed Shield a number of times per day equal to ½ her antipaladin levels plus her charisma modifier. This ability counts as Lay on Hands for purposes of the Extra Lay on Hands feat.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Stack, you forgot the Guardians Shield ability. Makes Angelbane kind of impossible to use.

Also, suggestion:

Cursed Shield: At 1st level, the Forbidden learns to surround her allies in a field clinging, vile energy. Whenever she initiates a strike, the Forbidden can apply this shield to one ally (other than herself) within 60 ft. as a free action. The shield lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Forbidden’s Charisma Modifier.

The Cursed Shield causes enemies that hit the ally with melee attacks to take 1d6 points of profane damage for every two antipaladin levels the Forbidden has. The Forbidden can use Cursed Shield a number of times per day equal to ½ her antipaladin levels plus her charisma modifier. This ability counts as Lay on Hands for purposes of the Extra Lay on Hands feat.
    Thought I scrubbed all those references, missed that one. Good addition there.