New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Can a martial initiator use their recovery mechanic if they have none of their maneuvers expended? I admit, it'd take extenuating circumstances for them to try (i.e., a Monk of the Silver Fist running past a firing squad longer than his speed), but if it would be beneficial to do so, can they?
    Yes. You can always use your recovery mechanics, whether or not you have maneuvers to recover.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Path of War

Exactly how is Black Seraph's Glare intended to function? Does it allow you to make an arbitrary amount of Intimidate actions (until the DC becomes so high you cannot possibly succeed), keeping in mind that Intimidate durations stack, and that conditions imposed by Intimidate can escalate through the Signature Skill: Intimidate feat?
    Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
    - G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Are you some sort of Wizard?
    This is Æl-Ceald, an ice-age fantasy campaign setting. Updated!

3. - Top - End - #753

Planetar

The PF devs have gone back and forth on the rule about free actions. I think that stance is gonna be one of the things changed for the errata.
    Last edited by Ninjaxenomorph; 2017-02-07 at 06:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    The PF devs have gone back and forth on the rule about free actions. I think that stance is gonna be one of the things changed for the errata.
    Getting the authors intent would be enough for me, personally. I'm more of a RIA kind of guy.
    Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
    - G. K. Chesterton

Are you some sort of Wizard?
    This is Æl-Ceald, an ice-age fantasy campaign setting. Updated!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    That would require the errata to ever have signs of actually coming.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    That would require the errata to ever have signs of actually coming.
    Save it for another thread, if you'd be so kind.

I'll see what I can do about getting info on Glare.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

7. - Top - End - #757
    Dwarf in the Playground

By using the following counter (with a ranged weapon, obviously)

Intercepting Shade

Discipline: Solar Wind (Counter); Level: 2
    Initiation Action: 1 immediate action
    Range: Personal, or weapon's first range increment
    Target: You or ally
    Duration: Instant

DESCRIPTION

Sometimes a good offense can be used as a good defense, so the Solar Wind discipline learns, as he uses his range to dissuade attacks by his sheer skill and exceptional aim. The initiator makes an opposed attack roll against his foe's attack roll on an incoming attack (such as an arrow or thrown weapon, a charging barbarian, or a skillful slash from a sword, but not a spell or similar attack) targeting himself or an ally he can see within his weapon's first range increment; if successful then the attack is negated.
    Do I provoke an Attack of opportunity if the foe attacking me is adjacent?

Also, lets say I have a hand crossbow and the quick draw feat, with another crossbow holstered, the first crossbow doesn't have a bold loaded as I just shoot it in the round, can I use a free action with the counter inmediate action to draw the second crossbow?

Thanks

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

4 Questions:
    1: If I have maneuvers form two separate sources; say Zealot and Soulknife [War Soul]. Seeing as each maneuver progression uses its own recovery mechanic (i.e., I can't recover Zealot maneuvers with the War Soul recovery and vice versa) and assuming I have the same discipline in both classes (Sleeping Goddess in this case), can I ready the same maneuver once in each class (Ego-Wounding Strike, for instance)?
    2: The Awakened Blade prestige class has the Path of the Warrior class ability that says, in part, "If the character possessed levels in the soulknife, then the awakened blade treats all levels in this class as +1 to existing manifester level with regards to the soulknife's mind blade enhancement bonus". I assume that this supersedes the table for soulknives that enter this class? It'd be weird if a Soulknife [War Soul] 4/Psion 1/Awakened Blade 10 had the mind blade of a 14th level soulknife and the powers of a 9th level psion.
    3: Psionic Augmented: Soulknives (I forget which of the 3 did it) had provisos for a War Soul entering some psionic prestige classes and still advancing their maneuvers. Does the reverse apply? i.e., does a War Soul 5/Landsnecht 10's mind blade have an enhancement bonus of +3 or +7?
    4: What happens if a War Soul take the Discipline Weapons blade skill and chooses unarmed strike? Does his fists get empowered like a Deadly Fist?
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Can the astreidi, from Bloodforge Infusions, inhabit a suit of armor larger or smaller than Small/Medium? If so, does their size change?
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Barbarian in the Playground

My question was if the language on Claws of the Beast not being usable with other natural attacks was specifically to limit natural attack build damage/strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    By using the following counter (with a ranged weapon, obviously)

Do I provoke an Attack of opportunity if the foe attacking me is adjacent?

Also, lets say I have a hand crossbow and the quick draw feat, with another crossbow holstered, the first crossbow doesn't have a bold loaded as I just shoot it in the round, can I use a free action with the counter inmediate action to draw the second crossbow?

Thanks
    My personal opinion: No to the AoO. Swift action (well, immediate), you're not actually making a ranged attack, which is what triggers the AoO, and is at least a standard action. Second part, also no, as I'd consider an unloaded crossbow to be the same as a loaded crossbow tucked away, and in both cases unfit for use, as any sheathed weapon would be (Mithral Current specifically cites allowing players to draw a weapon as a free action when not their turn as a benefit, making me think it is specific to that discipline).
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2017-02-11 at 02:29 AM.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Pixie in the Playground

Path of War

Silver Crane's Exorcism Strike does 6d6 extra sacred damage to undead and evil outsiders. Is the 50% damage bonus from being sacred damage already included in the 6d6 or would that rather be 1,5*6d6 (or 9d6 however the GM runs it)?

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazal View Post
    Path of War

Silver Crane's Exorcism Strike does 6d6 extra sacred damage to undead and evil outsiders. Is the 50% damage bonus from being sacred damage already included in the 6d6 or would that rather be 1,5*6d6 (or 9d6 however the GM runs it)?
    The wording actually indicates that you have your 1d3+7+6d6 damage (for example), you roll it, and evil creatures take 50% more than the value you roll. Keep an eye out for errata, though.
    Last edited by Powerdork; 2017-02-15 at 07:47 AM.
    The future is bright.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ultimate Psionics

How does the Soulknife's Mind Blade interact with the Fighter's Weapon Training class feature? I've been ruling that Mind Blade (and it's variants) count as their own weapon group, though emulated weapons can count as both Mind Weapons and whatever the weapon being emulated is. For Versatile Training skills, I've been giving it Autohypnosis and Knowledge (psionics).

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by legomaster00156 View Post
    Can a crystal hilt be used to enchant both ends of an emulated double weapon?
    Does anyone have an answer for this question?
    Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Does anyone have an answer for this question?
    I would say no, that you would need two crystal hilts to enchant both ends.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

How does the Primal Fury stance Iron Hide Stance interact with other abilities that affect the Strength bonus to damage with weapons (such as the Two-Handed Fighter archetype and its Overhand Chop class feature)? Is the intent to just plain double the bonus (x1 to x2 one-handed, x1.5 to x3 two-handed, x2 to x4 Overhand Chop) or is it actually just an additional +Str bonus to one-handed and +x1.5 Str bonus to two-handed (so x3.5 for the Overhand Chop example).

17. - Top - End - #767

How does the Primal Fury stance Iron Hide Stance interact with other abilities that affect the Strength bonus to damage with weapons (such as the Two-Handed Fighter archetype and its Overhand Chop class feature)? Is the intent to just plain double the bonus (x1 to x2 one-handed, x1.5 to x3 two-handed, x2 to x4 Overhand Chop) or is it actually just an additional +Str bonus to one-handed and +x1.5 Str bonus to two-handed (so x3.5 for the Overhand Chop example).
    There are no multiplicative effects. Two 100% bonuses result in one 200% bonus, not one 300% bonus. Add multipliers together, never multiply them.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by exelsisxax View Post
    There are no multiplicative effects. Two 100% bonuses result in one 200% bonus, not one 300% bonus. Add multipliers together, never multiply them.
    That doesn't answer my question at all, and frankly isn't really applicable, because there is only one (potentiallly anyways) multiplier. The stance seems to be doing something different from normal given its wording on how it increases your strength bonus to damage, which is why I want a dev response on how it interacts with other abilities that also affect/increase your strength bonus to damage.

EDIT: There's even a chance there's a third interpretation for Iron Hide Stance, that with a one-handed weapon it doubles whatever your Strength bonus to damage is (usually x1 to x2), and that weapon in two-hands actually plain triples whatever your Strength bonus to damage is (in theory x1.5 to x4.5). I really want to use this stance with a STRENGTH IS MAXIMUM build but it just doesn't seem clear enough how it behaves by itself, let alone with other abilities that increase Strength damage bonus.
    Last edited by AlienFromBeyond; 2017-02-17 at 08:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #769

I frankly don't see what the question is here, as the IHS RAW is about as clear and concise as it can be IMO.

And in short, I think you're confusing "Str modifier" with "Str bonus to damage". Your Str modifier and whether you have other abilities affecting your Str bonus to damage is irrelevant when using IHS, regardless of whether any of these other abilities grant you Str x 1.5, Str x 3, Str x 4 or Str x whatever. The only relevant question is: "What is your Str bonus to damage?" The answer is what IHS doubles or triples. Full stop.

So for example a greatsword wielding fighter with Str 30 normally has a +15 Str bonus to damage (10 Str x 1.5 two-handed weapon), and would thus have a +45 Str bonus to damage while in IHS (15 x 3). If the fighter happens to be a Two-Handed Fighter with the Overhand Chop feature who makes a charge attack, his normal Str bonus to damage would be +20 (10 Str x 2), and he would thus have a +60 Str bonus to damage while in IHS (20 x 3).

Again, note that in contrast to Overhand Chop and basically every other option affecting your Str bonus to damage without changing your actual Str score, the value multiplied by IHS is NOT your Str modifier, but the derived value you apply as a Str bonus to damage.

I'm not a dev so I don't know whether this is RAI, but I'm pretty darn certain that this is the only possible result of the current RAW. And to put it bluntly, I don't think a different interpretation is possible without also reading things which actually aren't there, or not reading things which actually are there.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by upho View Post
    I'm not a dev so I don't know whether this is RAI, but I'm pretty darn certain that this is the only possible result of the current RAW. And to put it bluntly, I don't think a different interpretation is possible without also reading things which actually aren't there, or not reading things which actually are there.
    Yes, I think you're right to some extent about that. I'm just so used to two-handers getting x1.5 of whatever one-handers get that I just assumed that's what IHS was doing as well, when actually I do think now it works like you say. Now if only one of the campaigns I'm in would go high enough in level to play around with it...

21. - Top - End - #771

RangerGuy

PoW

Tempest Gale maneuvers like Piercing Shot and Black Wind. What kind of damage they do? Is it subject to DR and Incorporeal defenses? Is it the same as the weapon used?
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

22. - Top - End - #772

Quote Originally Posted by Fenryr View Post
    PoW

Tempest Gale maneuvers like Piercing Shot and Black Wind. What kind of damage they do? Is it subject to DR and Incorporeal defenses? Is it the same as the weapon used?
    It's as weapon damage.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by exelsisxax View Post
    It's as weapon damage.
    Actually, untyped. Checked with the devs when asking about how Enter the Vortex stance's ranged touch attacks interacted with them.
    The one and only Tuvarkz across all the internet.
    And then I vanish in a burst of fire and brimstone, because this is my dream sequence, Me damn it, and in my dream sequence, I can teleport.

24. - Top - End - #774

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    Actually, untyped. Checked with the devs when asking about how Enter the Vortex stance's ranged touch attacks interacted with them.
    If you were so kind to share a screenshot or quote.

If we say it's "untyped" damage, does it ignores the incorporeal stuff or is resisted by DR?

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Can the astreidi, from Bloodforge Infusions, inhabit a suit of armor larger or smaller than Small/Medium? If so, does their size change?
    Any answers for this one?
    Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenryr View Post
    If you were so kind to share a screenshot or quote.

If we say it's "untyped" damage, does it ignores the incorporeal stuff or is resisted by DR?
    http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47889373/#47892397
    Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest
    Enter the Vortex: it does not require a free hand (just a supernatural ability that lets you blast), and can, if you want, be used with TWF (with itself or other weapons). The blasts would be treated as light weapons (though you'd still only get one off-hand weapon per extra arm you have, as normal). You can take this as an official FAQ/rules statement; it's been made a note of and will make its way into a document of our FAQ answers when that's ready for public eyes.

It looks like Piercing Gale is just outright untyped damage, ala disintegrate.
    Last edited by Tuvarkz; 2017-02-21 at 02:27 AM.
    And then I vanish in a burst of fire and brimstone, because this is my dream sequence, Me damn it, and in my dream sequence, I can teleport.

27. - Top - End - #777

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    Thank you very much.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

My apologies if these have been answered. My Google searches yielded zip.
    - Time Skitter. During my google search I found Errantx's 3.5 write up of Riven Hourglass. Time Skitter had a du ration of one round. In pathfinder, that might seem a bit low, but initiation mod in rounds seems a bit much for an on demand/no daily limit/no resource expenditure haste. Especially when you're an Inquisitor with a 20 wisdom(5 rounds), a repeating crossbow, and rapid shot. I could see 1 round every 4 levels being reasonable. I open to an argument for why the way it is is ok.

- Elemental Flux Stance. The bonus 2d6 damage added to attacks. Obviously it applies to direct weapon attacks and Strikes. But, does it apply to things like Energy Jolt, Energy Lance, and Arcane Torrent as well?

- Lastly, Telekinetic Maneuver and Solicit Psicrystal. I had a player the that combo with the intent of having his Psicrystal take over concentration so he could do other thing, but with the assumption that he could continue to use the power WHILE he was doing the other things, continuingto let his psicrystal maintain concentration. I'm pretty sure that's not how that works. The way I understand it, you hand over concentration to your psicrystal and you have to take it back to use the power, thereby ending solicit psicrystal. I could see that being useful tactically. Just not in the way he described it.

Thank you!

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ogre in the Playground

Elemental Flux Stance only applies bonuses to stuff involving an attack roll.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Pixie in the Playground

Can a Fiendbound Marauder manifest his Fiend's Grip through a Soulknife's Mindblade (with Emulate Melee Weapon for a (Spiked) Gauntlet)?