New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

(Okay, NOW I'm back. Needed time to get in order, and to have a small burnout)

Pandora, you open fire, every blast searing into the surprised degravers as they are blown to tiny pieces. Extending your senses again, it seems that this floor is clear. However, there are other levels still, and an active bomb on this level. If they're smart at all, they may also have people check in.
    (So, where to? Bomb, upstairs, back, maybe set up something as bait? Although I guess they have more bait than you do...)

Negative, though you don't see anyone, you can hear shots being fired from a distance, as well as the telltale shriek of metal giving way under metal. You bottle the strange goop, careful not to touch it at all once you see pieces of a dead reploid drop into the sludge and get dissolved. Whatever this is, it's nasty.

Shen, your nearest mother pats you gently, while Au Co still seems to be a bit of a grump.
    "We always will, Shen. You're a part of our family, after all. Both of you, the twins, and Tortoise. How can we not worry? But we know you'll do well, in the end. We know this is what you want to do."
    Each of your parents there comes to give you a hug, Au Co getting one as well from each. You seem to have a message from Command to report in though, meaning you may not be staying much longer now that you're not in pieces.

Lambda, Nautiller looks disturbed by the news, putting down his data slate.
    "I believe that the official report can wait then-which, I might add, will require a breakdown of events. Especially including the missing that you found. But for now, what all did you learn about this material? What weaknesses, and what plan does this Doe seem to have? Anything that you can go into detail on?"

Zyph'r, you and Cumulus head off to the training grounds, only to find it as a large, open air field. It seems abandoned, until feather shaped missiles streak from above. Looking up, you see a number of reploids in the air, a raven flicking the strange missiles at with a bit of hovering, you see as flat targets on the ground, followed by fire from a small line of modified Berets and Lanceteamers hovering on jets from their backs. As you lift off, you see Cumulus point her hand at one of the flying hunters, a grapnel wrapping around the foot of the raven and letting her reel herself into the air. Eighty feet up she lets the line loose, just as the raven gets their balance back enough to pull a knife to cut the line, flaps on her sides opening up as she points her arms at the ground, a current of air billowing into them as she circles you.
    "Alright, ready when you are. No sabers, alright? These flaps are a pain in my tail to replace."

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

"Rust, we originally designed it to be an Autorepair system, we discussed and simmed a few hypotheticals, the Rust World chief amongst them, DNA, Deoxyribonucleic acid, is the basic of human life, this, the rust, it acted exactly like it, it's a self replicating molecule, it's alive for all intents and purposes, I believe her plan is to displace all organic life on this planet with Rust based organisms, probably with her as a Maternal Goddess figure, Catapult Lion called her mother. Weaknesses? none, it's robotic life, it can be killed conventionally however, I have been developing a counter agent, only problem is, repeated exposure to said counter agent would reduce its effectiveness as it adapts to the methods, it's alive, it can naturally select to be stronger against said counter agent, I found nothing I didn't already know or suspect, I helped design its first iteration, I know the rust."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, that's not what I wanted to test anyways." Zyph'r flies upwards at cumulus firing an eye of the storm charge at her, but unlike his normal attack, the wind now has an aspect of dust in it.

Spoiler: Ooc:
    Show
    Finesse to hit:
    (4d6)[19]

Damage:
    (2d6)[11]

Perception -1 if hit
    Charges 19/20

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora approaches the area where she thinks she hears some kind of bomb. She's hoping Thomas is on his way because she doesn't think she can disarm this.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

After placing the bottle some where safe and moved silently towards the gun shoots readying his other pistol and breathing slowly as he made his way through the halls

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Shen embraces the hugs from his parents with a warm and toothy smile. "Thank you, for everything." He added before noticing the message from command. "It seems command's been waiting for me to get back on my feet." He said as he opened the message.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Pandora smoothly moves into the room she can hear the bomb from, her new senses slowly tuning in to focus on a device that seems to have been spliced into the systems of the arms that grasp mechaniloids from higher areas. You don't see a timer, but the device, roughly the size of an average human torso (so in turn, smaller than those of most reploids) is not one you are familiar with. You can hear someone get onto the stairwell leading back, though.
    -On my way.
    (Tech: Explosives if you feel brave enough to try disarming the bomb yourself.)

Negative, moving forward, you see what must have been another collapse as the roof fell in on itself. From your vantage point, you also get your first real look at the reploid you were meant to retire, Mirage Camel, firing a heavy buster cannon one handed as the other seems to have been forcibly torn off at some point, his target not in your field of vision, battered and busted up but still in use. At least, not until a large beam cuts through the pillar he seems to be standing on, the camel you were watching dissipating into light before you hear even more fire on the enemy. Moving forward, you see a two headed hound reploid, roughly 15 feet tall and made of some dark red material, mark of the same cult you had been seeing outside upon its back, snarling at the gun fire before twisting, one head firing off a long beam as the other howls.
    "COME OUT, MERCENARY! YOUR BROTHER AT LEAST HAD COURAGE IN THE FACE OF DEATH!"

Zyph'r, Cumulus blasts roughly half the cloud away with a sudden gale of wind, but that which touches her causes her to grip at her head, tumbling towards the ground as her flaps are messed up.
    "What the-can't see!"

Shen, it seems that they have put you on roster as an available hunter in the aftermath of Vienna, seeing as you're currently whole. At the base, there is a list of hunts for you to handle, though some are listed as advising additional support due to likely backup.

Lambda, Nautiller is looking at you like you just grew a second head.
    "You figured out how to help bridge the gap between man and machine even further, and you're only mentioning this now?"

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

There's no way Pandora's going to touch this thing and more likely than not obliterate herself, destroy the dam, and probably kill everyone inside too. Maybe damage to the dam as a whole wouldn't be so bad? Kind of hard to imagine though. These kinds of structures seemed quite precarious to her. Well, she really had no expertise in the subject, and that's why she still wasn't going to touch it.

She waits outside the door to make sure Thomas can find it quickly.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

"The basic research was already done, we even published the results, we didn't think it was bridging the gap, we thought it was more like synthesizing silicon based DNA equivalents, at that point it was a Blue Sky idea for which the simulations I ran seemed like it could work." Lambda shrugs in reply.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Z'yphr follows up behind the blind cumulus, waiting for her to be a close distance to the ground before flying above her charging up an Eye of the storm shot to knock her flat back on the surface.

Spoiler: Ooc:
    Show
    Flying in point blank to blast her down 60 ft depending on how low she's been failing to fly. Let me know if I need to use boost to reach so I am above cumulus.

Marksman roll
    (4d6)[16]

Damage
    (2d6)[7]

Perception -1 if hit
    Charges 18/20

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

Shen then proceeds read through the listings of hunts, looking for something easy for his new body to warm up to. "Hey sis, you too buys to accompany me on a hunt or two?"
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #612
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Negative took a step out of the shadow and take a few shots at the dog creature, then went back into hiding to find camel to try and take him out or have him help him for this

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Hammer, watching the mavericks, the mob of them slows as they approach, muttering at the webbing around the place, several clutching their heads as if having a headache. One far too prideful for being a rustbucket, from what you can tell, strides forward, brandishing a beam saber with the arrogance of one who has rarely held a weapon given one, and brings it down on the webs-only to look absolutely dumbstruck when the magnetic bubble around the plasma distorts, bending around the webs, though it seems to slowly be fraying. Interesting...
    Then the idiot grabs the webs, and goes into seizures as the others back up. All together, a mob of 40 or so maverick scum sit at your feet. However, you know it will be tricky to find Flicker if she gets too much of a lead...
    "Not a single one of you is making it out here alive. Just try and run. I can't wait to eat you off the webs"
    From his hidden position, Hammer unleashes a devastating fusillade. Missiles rain down from on high, while plasma beams scour the crowd, leaving twisted metal and molten rubble in their wake. For the Mavs below, it had to be like Hell had erupted beneath their feet, and that Heaven itself was trying to crush them down.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Cannon shot 1 hit: (4d6+1)[13]
    Cannon shot 1 damage: (3d6)[14]
    Cannon shot 1 splash: (2d4)[7]
    Cannon shot 2 hit: (4d6+1)[20]
    Cannon shot 2 damage: (3d6)[7]
    Cannon shot 2 splash: (2d4)[7]
    Missile 1 hit: (4d6+1)[14]
    Missile 1 damage: (2d6)[5]
    Missile 1 splash: (1d6)[1]
    Missile 2 hit: (4d6+1)[11]
    Missile 2 damage: (2d6)[7]
    Missile 2 splash: (1d6)[3]
    Missile 3 hit: (4d6+1)[16]
    Missile 3 damage: (2d6)[5]
    Missile 3 splash:(1d6)[6]
    Missile 4 hit: (4d6+1)[15]
    Missile 4 damage: (2d6)[12]
    Missile 4 splash: (1d6)[6]
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Big Guns Are Back
    It's almost spectacular how much carnage and devastation that one salvo does to the mavericks below, scattered into the outer fringes and pushing the remaining five into your webs, leaving them howling in pain Hammer. As the dust settles, though, all you see left of them is scrap and oil, and a large crater that seems to go down into the sewers. However, at the same time, your prey seems to have abandoned this position, absconding with their human compatriot. Which, in and of itself, is very odd for a maverick to have one.

Pandora, Thomas eventually makes it down, splattered with the oil of slain mavericks as he towels his face off.
    "You said you found one, care to show me? Might even be able to figure out a routine method of disarming if we're lucky."

Zyph'r, as you approach, you find out that getting anywhere near her is a bad idea as hairs come out of her tail and clouds accumulate around her, followed by tornadoes and hurricane force winds. Your attack gets battered apart, and as you descend you find Cumulus on the ground, trying to blink the rest of the sand away before looking at you with a grimace and half the paint on her face sandblasted off, smacking you upside the head lightly.
    "First off, that hurts! Ow! Warn a girl if you're about to fire, wouldya? Don't want a reputation for going off prematurely there! Second off, try on the dummies first next time, dummy! You're lucky I talked to Wrench about live fire spars lately, otherwise you'd be eating a wrench from him."

Shen, your sister looks like she's about to say something when her own hand goes to the side of her head. She grimaces at the news.
    "Much as I'd love to show you how it's done, looks like I've got my own roster. However, considering these look like group hunts, maybe we'll get some together. But for now, I've got...Payload Pachyderm? Seriously? Who the hell names a reploid that? God, sounds like someone they'd send Lieutenant Mustang after..."
    She shakes her head a bit, pinching the bridge of her nose.
    "Anyway...be safer out there, alright Shen? I don't want to hear you got yourself scrapped again, after all that."

Negative, the two headed hound has large blocks of ice form on it where you shoot, before steam hisses around the beast and the ice erupts as the hound begins glowing red hot, snarling and howling. However, you seem to have gotten a bit of a break, as two of the (you guess) four eyes seem to have shorted out, and half their mouths are now permanently exposed each. Unfortunately, this is very little comfort as you see it grab the only intact vat around, ignoring Camel as plasma streaks into the mav's back as it strains. Slowly, you see the vat tear off it's hinges, the goop spilling around as it lifts the structure, slowly pivoting around and around.
    "PISS OFF! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND THE HUMPBACK, *******!"
    Thank god you moved already, as it tosses the vat at where you had been, tearing through the roof and sending a shower of red sludge across the floor. Once again the sludge eats at any metal it touches, the vat tumbling and cluttering to the ground in a shriek of protesting steel, crumbling of large amounts of concrete, and the sound of a splash. One head has had it's visible fangs glow red hot, the other growls loudly.

Lambda, it seems Nautiller scans through something in silence, just staring at you.
    "...There is no record of such a publication, not even the scraps of a purged trail...what was your last employer known as again, Lambda? Black something, I think? Is there any reason to assume they may have kept such publication private?"

15. - Top - End - #615
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

After taking into some cover away from the goo he put away and pulled out his spark magnum twirling it and peeking out abit using his ears as a mask like always, and lining up the shot on this fire mut

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why didn't they...... The Mesa Foundation sir, however, I believe you are referring to its status as a black research site.....oh so that's why the journal didn't publish it...."
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2015-12-21 at 03:22 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora points to the chest-shaped bomb shooting him a look.

Right there, buddy!

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

The hulking robotic spider emerges from his firing spot, coming through the the dust like a primordial nightmare. Hammer stomps into cleared area and menacingly approaches the trapped Mavs. Plates in front of his mouth slide back to reveal the whirling blades that served as his teeth. He smashes through the jutting rubble with his drill-tipped limbs and brute strength.

"Helllooo, Maverick scum. I have some questions for you." Hammer places a drill on the fractured armor of the crippled Mav. He spins it up, heating a spot of metal to red-hot. "Answer honestly, truthfully, and completely, and I'll kill you fast, or hand you over to Hunter Command for reprogramming if you want. Anything else, and well . . ." The drill kicks into a higher RPM.

"First, tell me everything that is going on around here. All Maverick activity that you know off, especially any unique units. I want all specs and weaknesses. Second, why is Singing Flicker working with humans? Lastly, what are you all planning around here? Is it just a standard genocide, or have you noticed something else going on?"

Discord Tag #4097

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll try my best, sis." Shen nodded as he continued through the list of hunts to find that should be easy enough for him to test his new bod.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Shen, as you head out, you find that there have been six hunts listed under you. Their names are Tanker Leopardseal (A), Frigga (A), Tornado Shark (A), Rocket Dile (B), Thresher Reindeer (A), and Berserker Hare (B). Each of them also has an asterisk next to them, which upon clicking it states that they have additional unknown elements near them, and that as such, groups of hunters may be sent in to handle the same job from mixed units.

Pandora, he nods, looking around at it. Geez, was he bli-an then he pulls a piece off, and the device changes color to you, as he flips the device over a few times in his hands.
    "Gotta thank Command for sending you in, kid, I'd never have expected these bastards to have any form of camo devices. Simple enough, looks like a reconfigured holodeck token."
    Wait, what? As he flips the bomb open with a practiced experience, he checks around it.
    "Right...alright, this guy's experienced with explosives, but not exactly an inventive sort. Uses the same setup each time, and same materials apparently."
    He steps back to show five vials that are connected to circuitry, showing you the colors of the wires as he unplugs each of the vials. Green, black, blue, twist (black and yellow), doesn't touch the fifth vial (with red wires, of course one had to be red) that seems to be fizzing a bit now, but instead reaches for the circuitry, pulling out what seems to be a receiver of some sort before undoing the fifth vial, which stops fizzing and falls inert.
    "Right then, I think I know how to disarm them. Unless he decides to mess with the wiring."
    (Simple version: Your sensory systems are so good you can see through weak illusory effects at this point, due to illusion focus of the char. Mostly because I feel like I left you in a lurch in my prolonged disappearance and that doesn't sit right with me. The other part is stuff sounds like a good idea after 1 am.)

Hammer, if you weren't aware of the fact that all reploids lack tear ducts (except, it's rumored, X), you'd be certain that the survivors are crying and tearing up. As it stands, you aren't sure if you can actually make a reploid leak oil like that from their lower torso or if a part of the shrapnel cut into the hydraulic systems that keep the reploid up, but you'd like to think that you're just that damn terrifying. The mav you come across first screams in both pain and terror, which is the larger motivator, you don't know.
    "Aaaah! AAAAAH! I dunno nuffin', please, not that! This fat ol' faced chromehead of a reploid jus' been hitting up each o' tha crews in town, flashing enough creds about that even Murphy'd turn a head ta clip this bird's wings, that's it! I dunno why she gots a meatbag on her crew! Jus' figgered it was some pol-it-ick bullcrap, nuthin' more! Ya don't turn that kinda dosh down, yaknow?"

Lambda, Nautiller shakes his head a bit at that, pinching the bridge of his nonexistent nose again.
    "Augh...why do these idiots ever think it's a GOOD idea to keep everything secret on base?"
    he shakes his head for a bit, before closing his eyes and then glaring at you.
    "I'm ordering you to publish that paper, Sergeant, and I want it on my desk in the next twenty minutes. Do I make myself clear?"

Negative, the blasts streak into him, the first three nailing him in the chest, but the fourth goes wide as, howling bloody god damn murder, the mav begins lighting up all over, light missiles streaming out of shoulders and secondary head just firing a long, constant beam as it thrashes about, carving through parts of the base that had survived so far but never even getting close to you current location as gems fry along his armor. Meanwhile, Mirage takes advantage of the confusion to fire a trio of plasma shots from different locations in the rafters above all this, though you don't know how to get over per se. Eventually though, the energy fades, leaving the two headed hound panting as it stares about, very frustrated and flustered for a reploid. Probably going to yell something about eating your optics. Until he gets shot in the back of the head by more plasma, causing him to snarl and spin around again. He tries to blast a beam through the locations that he had been hit, but all that comes out is a pathetic little whine as his body has been overtaxed.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2015-12-23 at 10:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ettin in the Playground

"Sir yes sir, it's still in my files..."" and in a few minutes a new research paper was submitted to the central hunter database, On the Robotic Ecosystem By Gleaming Doe and Lambda Eigen.

"And done, our work and our notes have been uploaded, if you want to, ignore the footnotes....." he replies after minutes of silence, pulling up the paper on a free dataslate, handing it to Nautilus.

"Here you go sir....."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, nice! I'll try to remember that," Pandora says. "Hah, some new sensors were installed.. I haven't gotten used to them yet. I didn't even realize that thing was camouflaged.. Anyway! I guess we'll split up again. If I see a bomb that's different than that, I'll let you know..."

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

"Unfortunately, you can and should have turned down the money. Frankly, some decisions just aren't worth it, as you've likely concluded at this point." Hammer begins slowly pushing his drill into the hapless Mav's torso, sparks and metal shards flying off.

"Also unfortunately, I don't think you're telling me everything. I told you tell me the complete truth, and you're not doing that. You don't seem like you're in charge, so who calls the shots? What do you know about Flicker? Where does she go to ground? The non-local flashing all that cash - what's the name? What kind of capabilities? The faster and more totally you answer, the faster this ends."
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2015-12-23 at 03:22 PM.

Discord Tag #4097

24. - Top - End - #624
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Opportunity was always a thing Negative cared for, and his back to him, well what a better opportunity was a good thing at this time and decide to unload the last fie bullets into his back

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

Zyph'r flies down to Cumulus. "oh we aren't supposed to? Hm, that's new to me back where I'm from used to train with live rounds and weapons, I should've asked prior." He offers a hand to her to help her up. "I'll definitely have to at least pay for your repairs the least I can do to offer my condolences."

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

'Rocket Dile sounds interesting.' Shen mentally commented as he read the asterisked information. 'Least I might have some back up if things go south again.' He commented again before selecting the Rocket Dile as his prey, seeing looking through any additional information on the target.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Shen, you click the tab, and get a rundown on the mav.
    Spoiler: Rocket Dile
    Show

Ex 7th Air Cavalry built in Egypt, turned with first Maverick War alongside Sigma, specialized in forced dispersal of enemy combatants, high speed assault, and sea to air combat. B rank due to low overall durability and minimal piercing power.
    Appearance: dark green-olive coloration dominant, gray arm coverings. Large thrusters lead out of her limbs and the dorsal ridges on her back, snout more in common with a jet's face than the crocodile she is based upon. Arms contain miniature cluster missile launchers, their payload designed to latch onto enemy combatants and forcibly move them out of position, then give off small explosion. Melee skills clumsy, but potentially effective, mainly relying on her bite and tail to cause damage.
    Mission: Rocket Dile has been assaulting trade routes in the Pacific for the past year, using hit and run tactics to sink numerous boats full of cargo for fully aquatic allies to salvage, or scattering crew for her allies to raid and directly steal the vessels she assaults. Her base of operations has recently been found, apparently being a hidden port built under a barren island in the Pacific Islands. Infiltrate and destroy the base, and retire or reclaim Rocket Dile.

Zyph'r, Cumulus shakes her head a bit, accepting the hand.
    "Command handles that bill, but we have training gear. No sense getting too busted up before running a mission and giving the mavs an easy fight, after all. They sure as hell don't. Unless you run like Tanker does, but he's a ****ing loony groundpounder who has more durability than common sense."
    But just as she is talking, a small cloud forms above your head before pelting pieces of ice begin smacking into your newly designed head.

Negative, the shots send Orthus into spasms again, before you note he seems to activate a repair system more advanced than your own to restore his shattered eyes. However, more shots circling around the two headed hound ring out, slamming true into him. Unfortunately, at the same time, the two headed hound seems to still be standing, as it bolts to another vat to lift and chuck towards your last position, Negative.
    "I GROW SICK OF THIS, HUNTER!"
    (4d6+1)[14]-marksmanship with improvised item on Negative
    (1d10)[3]

Pandora, Tom nods, pointing up.
    "I got to work on the upper level already, but there's still more I haven't gotten to. If you hear anything like these, just give me the coordinates, alright?"
    As you both step out, he heads over to the stairwell, pulling out a grapnel device from his belt of tools.

Lambda, Nautiller looks over the file, nodding as he reads.
    "Understood. For now, you are dismissed. I will call you when I have more questions that this cannot answer. Take your free time when you can, and all."

Hammer, the maverick shrieks in terror and pain, staring with fear as you start to give them a bellybutton.
    "I-c'mon man no god please no I ain't got a damn idea about Flicker! Please! Look, Barrow might know more, Barrow! He's the boss, he's the one you want! Former construction, used for hauls an' demolitions an' ****! I swear to ****in' God, Barrow knows! An'-an' the outsider, he was mostly chrome, looked like an old cook model, dunno what, called himself Pierot! But kinda walked odd, like a leg joint was misaligned! Seemed far too casual fer walkin' up ta tha boss, too, an' must've had a personal teleporter or sumthin'! Yeah, didn't see 'im leave! Please, don't eat me man, I don't wanna die!"
    As you push down, you hear movement behind you. Looking through one of your drones for a moment, you see a durable, yet light looking framed reploid behind you, looking more like a skeletal frame with armoring than a normal design, the symbol of the 14th Grappler Corps on his chest. A mostly blank mask covers their face, their helmet having hair extending out from it, a cannon of some sort slotted onto their back and a large drill slowly whirring in their hands.*

ThunderHeart, it wasn't long ago that you were given your first hunt by Commander Boom Foxflash, having missed the conflict in Vienna by a day. Your unit mates were in bad condition, mostly damaged from the fray in the city, and it had taken a few days to figure out the best hunt for your talents. Originally, you had been put on a hunt in Detroit with two active mavericks, one named Rocking Robin being your primary target, a former musician turned to crime as their fifteen minutes of fame dwindled away along with their sister, Singing Flicker, both of which were wanted for the retirement of a Recon member recently. However, after arriving on scene, and at their last known location, you had found signs that someone had retired your target before you had a chance. More specifically, you found his bare frame and innards scattered across nearby rooftops, core rigged to an impromptu bomb set to level an apartment building that you managed to short out, asking for advice from the Fifth. After investigating the scenes, starting from the bombs, to the remains, it seemed that it was the calling card of a known Maverick hitman, a modified Geist unit called Wendigo, known for tearing his targets into pieces and then impersonating them by wearing their skin. Finding yourself on a larger hunt than expected, Fifth redirected you to another Hunter from the 15th Artillery working in the city to link up before pursuing your target, providing an image of what seems to be a bospider mated with a tank, given a new paintjob, and then modified to be even more terrifying to arachnophobes, named Hammer. Following his beacon, you eventually find him in a street filled with craters, unpleasant looking webbing, the remains of 30 or more reploids strewn across the landscape, and five badly injured reploids bearing maverick markings being interrogated by your would be ally. Said ally using a pair of drill tipped mandibles to help convince one of them that they best talk in a hurry, lightly opening up one's belly as they proceed to beg and plead for him to not eat them.

*Just giving a modest description of ThunderHeart. Alcedes, please feel free to expand upon it.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2015-12-28 at 02:05 AM.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Negative saw this and rolled out of the way looking for more cover or atleast trying to so he wouldn't get hit or anything."Come on...come on..."

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora heads the opposite direction, choosing to try covering more ground by ascending the floors from the opposite side of the dam. She flies up through the shaft she first flew up in.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

Hammer spins down his drill and withdraws his leg from the Mav. He turns his attention to the newcomer, but keeps his guns trained on the Mavs. "Can I help you? I'm sort of in the middle of something here. If you're here to help me, just give me a moment to finish up."

Discord Tag #4097