New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

"Oh I wouldn't touch that if I -" the marble says, before it explodes in the guy's hand.

The other 2 pick the nearest mook and fly into them and explode too.

Spoiler: BOOM
    Show
    initial damages:
    (2d6)[3]
    (2d6)[9]
    (2d6)[7]

Splash damages (take as many as you need):
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[5]
    (1d6)[2]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[3]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[3]

2. - Top - End - #692
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Negative nodded as he removed his helmet for the sensors."What kind of compostion did you come across Zernickle?" He question looking over his own data in the wait that had been pulled up

3. - Top - End - #693
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

"No, Barrow and Wendigo are all I have, plus some guy named Pierot that I know even less about. Like I said, I was assigned here for you; information on anyone else wasn't really something I bothered with. I can check in with base, but to be honest, that'll probably delay us when they demand that I bring you and you get examined and interrogated."
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2016-02-07 at 06:55 PM.
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Hammer, Flicker holds up a finger as you talk.
    "Pierot? Also a new name. Give me a moment..."
    Distracted looking, she heads over to a drywall before punching through, pulling it back and sliding it over to reveal a small terminal that she sits down at.
    "Been hiding a few useful tools around town lately. Let's see what I can find..."
    With a quick stretch of her hands, she quickly begins typing, searching things in the Darknet and the normal internet, before pulling up what seems to be a missing person's page for one Augustus Pierot, a reploid who had found themselves to be one of the top chefs of the US, trying to build up his city of origin, Detroit. Seems he went missing shortly before this started. Considering that the city was decrepit enough that Hammer's ministrations could go unnoticed, likely an easy spot for mavs to go to ground. Reason enough for someone to get them out of the way, after all, as Flicker looks back at you.
    "...You think maybe this ain't just coincidence?"

Negative, as your brain is exposed to the air, Zerwicke looks to you as you look over his shoulder, waving you back a bit with an annoyed look of one far too used to people glimpsing over their shoulder.
    "A better understanding of your abilities is all. The supplies are ready."
    He holds up several pieces that you don't quite understand the appearance of, before extending three microwelders.
    "Please hold still, this is brain surgery, after all."

Pandora, the mooks are sent flying as the leader is broken into pieces, two surviving and pulling themselves up slowly from that squad, bodies protesting the movement. The other one in the hall seems to be torn between supporting their side or expecting an assault of their own.
    (Easiest way I can think of that whole exchange is a surprise round, so feel free to continue. Reinforcement is on the way.)

Zyph'r,, you drop into the hole, seeming to have tripped an alarm as, well...holes in the roof tend to not be stealthy. That said, you could still make your way through with stealth, or just begin shredding the place with gales of wind.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2016-02-07 at 08:06 PM.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

"Maybe. I'm not sure what they'd want a chef for though. He seems to be involved somehow; he had a meeting with Barrow. If you happen to have a lead on his location, we can go ask questions. Turns out I'm pretty good at getting answers."

Discord Tag #4097

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

He said nothing as he just sat back and awaited the upgrade and gave thought into a few ideas he could have for later

7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora ducks around the corner and picks off the remaining bad guys.

marksmanship: (5d6+1)[20]
    damage: [roll]1d8

marksmanship: (5d6+1)[21]
    damage: (1d8)[2]

marksmanship: (5d6+1)[21]
    damage: (1d8)[8]

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The two wounded perish to Pandora's volley, however she can hear forces moving in from behind her and, in front, dashing towards her, picks flung as they bum rush her position once they get close, their tips gleaming with Ceratanium alloy.
    (2d6)[11]-shot on the run from each, should be easy to dodge but never know...(1d8)[8] damage
    (2d6)[8](1d8)[8]
    (2d6)[10](1d8)[4]
    (2d6)[4](1d8)[8]
    (2d6)[5](1d8)[8]
    (2d6)[5](1d8)[6]

Negative, you hold still as the nice toolcircuit begins carefully making arcs in your skull, moving portions and adapting your cranium to fit the addition It takes hours, but eventually you are refitted, your head feeling a bit warm afterwards, but once your helmet is attached, you feel like you can hear the entirety of the 16th at once. You can see glimmers of data as they are sent from the computers around you. This is just the initial upgrade, so who knows what more would look like?

Hammer, Thunderheart, Flicker nods lightly.
    "Found a few things from the local authorities' server. He's set up a couple miles south, apparently in some busted up train tunnels."
    She pulls up a map, with a rail system outlined in red, maybe a territory a mile wide.
    "He'll be there if anywhere."

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

"Seems we might as well get down there then. I'm real curious as to what is going on around here, and Barrow might have the answers."

He radios in to command, explaining the situation. If they had any extra info on Barrow, it might come in handy. He then sends the drones to the marked area, having them perform a spiraling grid search.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Drone 1 search: (4d6+1)[13]
    Drone 2 search: (4d6+1)[13]

Discord Tag #4097

10. - Top - End - #700
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Negative gave a bit of a smile as he adjusted his ears, sticking his tounge out every once in awhile then looked over him self."I think this is alright..now then I will be seen you a little later for somethings Zernickle" He said nodding over at him and taking a look around trying out his new sensors

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Hammer, calling it in, you take a bit of time to find out some details. Barrow-humanoid design, large frame, was designed for hauling and breaking rubble. One arm's a jackhammer, the other a multi attachment arm that seems to go from gripper, to large shovel, to crushing arm. Likely not a fan of long range, though his crew may have some guns, and they had been gathering data on him for a C to B test due to poor operating capacity, easily trackable nature, and weak access to higher grade munitions, though the Second is still working on gathering a full layout of their hideout, still in initial mapping phases.

Negative, you look around, you can pick up more and more data, hearing strange harmonics and amazing songs from what you can hear.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

Zyph'r thinks to a moment looking around to get a view of his surroundings, after seeing any enemies appear he will blast them with
    Gale Wind (with sand bonus) and proceed to dash towards the hallway with the least resistance.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora dodges the picks easily enough. She still decides it's time to get out of Dodge, though. Even though they were probably some kind of low-grade mooks, they'd still probably be pretty dangerous up close and in numbers.

She makes her smokescreen to obscure all vision in the area, then activates her stealth field and makes her way to the opposite wall, then heading towards the guys "behind" her.

(If there's any time, I'd also like to leave a little marble hidden in the smoke. I'm also gonna get ready to touch a guy as he runs by.)

Stealth: (5d6+3)[21]

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

Hammer transfers the data he has to Flicker. Might be something in there she hadn't already been aware of.

"The way I see it, it is probably best if you and my partner out there go in to have a chat with Barrow. I don't exactly fit indoors well. I'll send my drones to accompany you, and wait underground. If you have any problems, I can open fire. With you all inside acting as spotters, my shots should be accurate enough."

Discord Tag #4097

15. - Top - End - #705
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Thanks for that Zernickle..now I need to make a call that might get me killed...." he said seeming nervous and rambling a bit out loud."Could you point me to the nearest terminal?"

16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Hammer, Flicker shakes her head a bit, putting a hand on your legs.
    "C'mon, I know you have a big chasis, but it ain't as big as a god damn train, and they fit two of those in at a time. No separating, 'cuz god knows what that sick f*** Wendigo has planned, alright?"

Pandora, you leg it just as they get more pick axes out of seemingly nowhere, tossing them at you as you watch Tom sneak towards the doorway, long handled grenade in his hands just before he chucks it behind them. You bolt up as they approach the smokescreen, letting off a marble just in time for their advance to burst in. Also just in time for Tom to hit a button on the grenade and toss it at their feet just as they are distracted with you. This time their volley connecting mainly with the generator and the empty air, the crowd pushing onwards as the grenade flashes behind you.

Negative, Zernicke pauses as he almost returns to his normal daytime jobs, before bringing you to a wall terminal and disappearing into the throng. Said throng dies down considerably, but it still feels weird. Especially when your ears pick up the faint chuff of a dash system used again and again, headed your way. Looking about, you eventually spot the source and your heart sinks, for Positive seems to be bearing down on you, steam and smoke billowing behind her like Hell has opened the gate and she barreled out before them. Well, on the upside, there's a window over there, down the hall...

Zyph'r, your gale wind carves down the only path in, scattering mechaniloid presence alongside bilgerat presence as you promise to not die this day, the remaining scattered Rats standing pulling out their blunderbuss looking guns and firing barbs that seem to collect things from off the walls.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

He just stood there gulping as his ears wraped around his head fully and bracing for the impact, more so protecting his ears.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Negative, your attempted girding of your ears does not avail you as Positive ends up upon you, grabbing them under your chin and lifting up to shake you, snarling as she slams you into the wall hard, cracking the stone behind you, though you hardly notice.
    "What the HELL were you thinking, Negative? D'you know what can happen here?!"
    There's a growl in her voice as fear and anger are evident in her eyes, but she doesn't waver or look away. She looks different than she had when you last saw her, claws looking heavier, with beam emitters built into her fingers, her already beefy frame looks sturdier, her tail seems to have gone from a series of solid plates to something that can actually fan out considering you haven't ever seen it puff out before, and her shotgun didn't used to be mounted on her shoulder. Or involve two of them. Her paint job has also gotten a bit of a changeup, detailing several mav marks on one arm with an x through each, the other seeming to have a space cleared for future kills upon it.
    "Didn't we tell you not to follow in our footsteps, Neggie?!"

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ettin in the Playground

As he scanned, the wall next to him suddenly gained a few new cracks. Sighing he steps out, popping his head into the room, saying, "Sorry if I'm interrupting something, but please don't kill Negative yet," gesturing at the Ice reploid.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"I just planned to do a few recons and h-help out..I mean you two were gone and...I missed you all, but finding her and bringing her here...it made me feel like I can handle all this..I..I'm not the little rabbit you use to pull up by the ears Posi." He said with a bit of saddness, nervousness and more in his voice his eyes meeting her gaze, even if he was in a little pain and scared of her
    Last edited by duskskully; 2016-02-18 at 01:13 AM.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Negative, Positive growled, before moving closer, looking at your feet dangling off the ground despite your attempts.
    "...Coulda fooled me, Neggie."
    She drops you then, pulling out a cigar from a hidden pouch, igniting it with her teeth as she bites the end off and chomps down on it angrily.
    "Dammit, though! We told you that it's not safe, and you choose Recon of all places? How the hell are Divide and me supposedta look out for you there, when you'll be running ahead the entire bloody time?!"
    There's a polite knock on the window down the hall, as what seems to be an angler fish peers in, hanging from a long tendril as he gives a shake of his head. Meanwhile, Positive points to Lambda, practically inhaling half the cigar as she does.
    "And why the hell do you need to see my little br...what the f***ing sh**?"
    She looks at the mantis that you have strewn about your lab, constructed as close as you could to how he must have appeared while alive, plating off and pieces being analyzed by your computer. On her arm, you notice one of her kills seems to be a reconstruction of the maverick's face, with a heavy, black X through it.
    "The f*** did you dig up that old corpse from? Why do you have my first mission's pieces in your office?"

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

"This was a recent kill, and if my analysis is correct, it's a mass produced maverick, and so are these three, his most recent hunt and these things are the reason I want to speak with him." he replies, bringing up the DNA of all four mavricks on a holographic display.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

"People seem to have gotten into the habit of running when they see me, but alright." He notices his hand on his leg. "You can touch me without feeling ill? Thats unusual. Most reploids start keeling over this close to me."

He radios to the information to Thunderheart. "We'll head out in formation. I don't think anyone should be stupid enough to approach, but if they do, keep a healthy distance. Same thing goes for any object Wendigo could be hiding in."

Hammer sends his drones out, with orders to scan ahead and behind of the group, picking out any magnetic signatures and prioritizing any that look like they could be a folded up reploid. Damn sneaky espionage models.

Discord Tag #4097

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Hammer, Flicker looks at you oddly for a moment before it finally clicks.
    "So that's why it feels like I could up and puke any moment! I had just figured it was because...well, being frank for a moment, you look like a bospider had a three way with a blender and a tank, then had a kid, and then that kid joined in to have you. You look f***ing terrifying is what I'm saying."
    (Perception from both Hammer and Thunderheart)

Pandora, to get what I said before correct, you instead drape an illusion around yourself and move to the side, ignoring the pickaxes as they fly past at where you had been as the smoke pellet does it's job, dropping a marble as they surge forward into the smoke, letting you touch one if you choose. Tom, meanwhile, takes a moment to sight down his pistol and shoot one in the back, plasma searing into their head and silencing one forever before the Dozer reploid can even shout.
    (Better, Windstruck?)

Lambda, Positive just stares at the Mantid corpse for a solid minute at that revelation, the cigar beginning to smoke at her teeth before it catches fire along the entire length. Meanwhile, Negative politely manages to open the window, letting Divide Angler in, the fish reploid swinging in before retracting his angler, a glowing orb that looks rather painful to get struck by.
    "Positive already give you the brunt of it, bro?"
    Meanwhile, Positive finally seems to recognize the fire, eating the lit cigar before it can get anywhere it shouldn't be.
    "Who the f**k is making that freak over and over again?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2016-02-18 at 01:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

"I feel like I should be offended, but terrifying is the effect I was going for."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (4d6+1)[21]

Discord Tag #4097

26. - Top - End - #716
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

He let out a sigh as he looked at Divide, then gave him a hug."You could say that brother...maybe she is right about been in recon heh...." He said patting his back then moving over to Posi and pulling out one of his frozen soda treats and chewing on it like gum and arm hugging Positive."I've missed you both..."
    Last edited by duskskully; 2016-02-18 at 02:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so the remote control thing activates. (I'd really love it if this ability could not shake them to death, btw).

The infected degraver starts to try to pickaxe his nearest buddy, and Pandora throws her amnesia dust grenade into the group.

Meanwhile the marble moves to a good position amid the chaos, transforming into a degraver as well. It shouts "They've turned us against each other!" and takes a fake swing (since it's only an illusion) at another degraver.

deception: (3d6+1)[11]

Spoiler
    Show
    keep in mind that the amnesia dust gives them a penalty to int and vigor for now too.

Let the mayhem commence!!

28. - Top - End - #718
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Pandora, the results are immediate and enjoyable as you watch the Delver's eyes blur for a minute, then clear just long enough, one confusedly looking at you as you yell, before another speaks up.
    "I don't believe i-"
    "Watch out!"
    Next to them, you get to work, the pickaxe of the likewise confused Delver next to them raise the pick up with alarm, barely shouting before he swings the pick into his friend's head while they're surprised, shearing into an eye and causing the delver to stumble back, shock on their face.
    "Oh god, they've turned us against each other!"
    The other delvers panic, the two next to you jumping away from where you "swing", the one farthest from you panickedly swinging a pick at them as they mistake it for an assault, causing the mavericks to begin trying to sink their picks into each of the attackers as you smile behind your illusion and smoke. Meanwhile, Thomas heads for the door, beginning to pick the lock upon it after a quick test to ensure it was actually locked.

"We still worry about you, though. You were always the most fragile, after all, Negative."
    Positive has gotten stuck staring at Lambda, frozen in a rictus that seems that if she could have blood drain from her face, it would be doing so now.
    "You mean there's more of that bastard? Those bastards-oh whatever, you know what I mean!"
    She actually flinches when Negative touches her back, something abnormal for the otherwise tough as sin reploid.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2016-02-18 at 07:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground

Pandora continues to watch the little battle, making the one she took control of attack yet a different maverick, as her illusion this time tries to play it defensively.

If the illusion ever gets "hit", it will explode.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground

"That would be the logical conclusion, yes, as for who, a former friend gone maverick......" he replies, barely noticing her fear as he pulled up the DNA, rapidly running through advancement algorithms for the basic patterns before him, these things were basic, they could be her Steel Beret equivilant.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show