New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Maverick Hunter: Strike Force

Hammer

"Alright, Barrow. She makes a good point. Wendigo is coming across as fairly lethally-minded. He may be able to look like anyone he victimizes, but that sort of instinct is hard to repress. If you've got anything to tell, I'd spill. Otherwise, I've got to turn you over to the interrogators, and I'm of the impression they're about as forgiving and even-tempered as Flicker here."
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Hammer, Barrow looks up at you with a look of exasperation.
    "Whaddaya want from me? I only knew some sod was givin' away money like it was goin' outta style, what do you even want from me any more?!"

Shen, rising above the water for a moment, you see that there seem to be branching hallways ahead with the moving squads of mavericks, one apparently getting mostly people coming out from it instead of going in, generally with strange components that they unload, occasionally one going in with the haul from what is presumably a raid. Considering the direction and size of the island, either that leads to one hell of a giant cargo elevator, or a teleportation pad is down that way. That said, there seem to be a number of common design reploids among their group-mostly civilian models, though, with a few sporting some interesting modifications, but likely just Dile's fodder.

Nephy, the goat gestures to a seat nearby, the researcher giving a knowing grin as the goat speaks up, the bellerOphons looking hesitant for a moment before nodding.
    "Ah, yeah, got room for one more. Vector Addax, the boys and girls here are Mercy, Knuckleduster, XG-906, and...well, Vector Tengu. Rare for two of us to have the same first name, but eh."
    Tengu gives a shrug, a grin on his face before standing up...and what seems to be up again, unfolding from the shortest person at the table to easily the tallest, long and thin limbs reaching across the table to shake your hand as his coat unfolds into a pair of wings, a mask sliding over his face.
    "Nice to meet you, Nephy. Now, you know how to play blackjack, poker, or baccarat, or do we need to give you a quick play through before you choose to give these nice gentleloids here a chance to get some officer grade pay, eh?"

Lambda, chasing nightmares through the darkness, you keep getting flashes of movement. a flicker of cloth here, a glimpse of human features turning a corner, it all leads down dead hallways and the ruined labs. Further you run, unheeding, until you find yourself in an open room, the lack of light hiding the ends of it from your vision, deep in the heart of it. The vault where your experiments and hers were kept. The place you would find answers if you were lucky.
    The place where you died.
    "I think it's time we had a talk."
    You spin, trying to place the voice, only to find a hand upon your shoulder, the man in the suit behind it. His eyes are strange, though, unblinking. And you can almost swear that he was actually touching you, though you tell yourself that it is merely the ghost of a memory projected through yourself...
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2016-03-18 at 02:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ettin in the Playground

"....Yes, yes we do." he replied, standing perfectly still, the man was a figment after all, he needed all the help he could get to manifest. But talking to this figment may be a key, to knowing himself, or at least figuring something out.

"So, where do we start?" he then asks, placing his crowbar back on the hook on the HEV suit.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

Nephy smiles and takes a seat gently, lacing her fingers. "Oh, thank you. Hi, it's nice to meet everyone... eh?" A pause, as she starts to look a bit worried. "Not really... those are card games, right? We used to play, um, Go Fish...?" she hopes she's not going to sound silly or childish.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

Hammer looks to Flicker. "And he seems pretty convincing as well. I don't want to hurt you, but I can't leave here without you. If you insist on staying and pursuing what looks to be a futile endeavor for the moment, I'm going to have to drag you in the hard way. If I do that, I doubt Hunter Command is going to let you come along for the ride when they do catch scent of Wendigo, and then you won't get a chance to put a few rounds through him. So, is it going to be patience and revenge served cold, or an unpleasant trip back?"

Discord Tag #4097

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

Shen Narrows his eyes as at the hallway that seemed to be the best bet to get to a transport pad swimming up to the docks in a reptilian like fashion before bursting from the water and roared at the closest reploids while releasing a cloud of steam from his mouth.

Spoiler
    Show

(5d6+2)[21]

Steam Breath: Breathe cloud of steam that fouls senses, deafening and blinding them in a cone.
    10 shots: 2d6+2 damage to initial target, 1d10 to others, causes 1d4 burn damage to all targets, 80 by 40 foot cone. Disables Vision and Deafens targets for four rounds. Recharge 1 shot every 5 rounds

rolled in OOC
    Marksman roll!
    (5d6)[18]

steam breath
    inital target (2d6+2)[8]

anyone else caught in the 80 by 40 foot cone (1d10)[2]
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2016-03-18 at 11:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

7. - Top - End - #937
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post

Cordyceps, far from the combat, you watch as the ice scatters about your mechaniloids, the raider killers giving a chilling howl as the Berets look even more panicked.
    "OH GOD OH S*** OH F*** RAIDER KILLERS ACTIVE! I REPEAT, RAIDER KILLERS-NO, NYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"
    You watch as the Bospider spawn tear into the Berets, followed by the Raider Killers leaping upon their foes and digging in, the crunch and shriek of metal punctuating panicked calls on the radio. In another part of the fortress, you can hear the sounds of explosions and the rapport of gunfire, the howls of your creatures giving a sinister chill to the night as you burst your way into the fort, the sound of the claws of your new acquisitions clanging in the halls even over the klaxons wailing. For a moment, one of your raider killers spots Bones sitting on the Bospider's back, giving a cheerful little wave before hopping off, heading towards a stairwell as he fades from view again.
    As Cordyceps waited in his little closet, he listened patiently to the feed. It was a slow crescendo, but the effort seemed to be worth it as the last cries of the berets seemed to have left it's marks. Still, there was much work to do and as leisurely as this was, he should pick up the pace. Stepping out of the closet, he gave his orders to his new band of mechanoids. To the bospider, head up to the vent system and begin producing spider drones, having the skittery menace fill the airducts. The constant noise along with the sudden drops should help with freaking out the enemy. The raider killers however, would help clear the way to the armory.

It only made sense really. A group like this must have a supply of weapons and gear for their men, and if this ice shotgun is an example of the more.. basic wears, he could do well with the supplies and sprucing up his new crew. With the commands sent through his controllers, he briskly headed down the hall, letting the raider killers clear the way for him as he headed to the next destination.[Bo spider, fill vents fulla spider drones for scare tactics ambushes, Raider Killers heading to Armory, Cordyceps is heading there as well.]

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Lambda, the face looks at you rather crossly.
    "I would start with you putting me back where I belong, Amalgamation. You took me from where I was supposed to be. I was supposed to be here, running...running this, until I found myself stuck in you. I have found myself my ways to seep out, to be known, but...why do you trap me, cripple me so?"

Nephy, the bellerOphons chuckle a bit as the officers shrug lightly.
    "Hey, everyone starts somewhere, right? Anyway, we'll play a hand of Blackjack, and I'll explain..."
    And so they do, once, and again, teaching you the rules of Blackjack, the values of the cards, and the simplest version. The main goal is to get your cards up to 21, or the closest to 21. As they play, though, chips exchange hands and piles, one of the Beller0phons coming out ahead with a good pile and calling it, heading away from the table. Simple enough, right?
    "-that's how you play, so ready for a real hand? Give these boys here a chance to get some better pay maybe?"

Hammer, Flicker struggles in your arms a bit longer before going limp, just silently sobbing with tearless, wracking heaves as no reploid has tearducts. Taking the two mavs in, you find your job complete, with the real score, Wendigo, having slipped away somewhere into the shadows. You report home, Barrow and Flicker taken in quietly.

Cordyceps, the screams and sounds of gunfire spread across the base as your drones tear a bloody swathe across the fort, the bospider and raider killers making grisly work of it despite their above average munitions. Eventually, your bospider smashes through a wall that has a number of Berets within, the raider killers moving in and howling as the tinier spider drones flood out from the vents to swarm them, leaving little but scrap in their wake as they chew through your opposition. Looking in...oh. Oh yes...
    You have found the armory, carrying a large number of heavy weaponry, some of it likely Slaved like the shotgun you carry. Rack after rack of it, you see more than you could carry, as-
    "Mine."
    ...As Bones appears behind you and just begins grabbing designs that he recognizes, likely that he would be grinning if he only had a mouth.

Shen, you fry the reploids coming out of that room, watching them scream as they begin glowing red hot, their internals burning with your fury. The other mavericks stare in surprise, most of them scattering away from your view as six pull out pistols and knives, moving in after you. However, the road forward is currently clear.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

"Please, I feel embarrassed when you say that... I'm not an officer just on my own merit, I promise..." Nephy stammers, but does listen intently to the rules. She'd heard of Sera and some of the other girls playing, but never joined in. "But I'm ready."

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't, it may not seem that way but trust me, I do not trap you in my body of my free volition, if I may ask, what is your name? Or what do you wish to be called?" Lambda was worried now, he didn't recall what sounded like an administrator fusing into him. This was worrying if it was so were there other components he just didn't notice?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

Hammer teleports in to Hunter Command. "Flicker, let them take a look at you. I'll be back to check in on you when they're done with the debrief. They'll find Wendigo soon enough, and you'll get your chance."

He reports in to division HQ. Reporting to the appropriate authority, he states "Lieutenant Labyrinth Hammer reporting. Singing Flicker captured, determined to be non-Maverick. The criminal known as Barrow, captured. Discovered the presence of one known as Wendigo, who escaped by unknown means. Multiple kills and captures of C-rank and below."

Discord Tag #4097

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Shen gives a toothy grin at as he sees some of the mavericks begin to draw weapons against him before he gives a roar followed by a hiss of steam from his nostrils and proceeded to rush down the now cleared hallway.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Nephy, you are dealt two cards. Taking a look at them, you find yourself with the Ace of Clubs and the Seven of Spades, currently bringing you up to 18. Do you hit, stay, or raise the stakes?

Lambda, the stranger in your own mind taps it's chin a moment, thinking.
    "For now, Phi. There are...errors when I try to access too much of me at once. You fight me. It's only because of your own internal errors that I can function at all."

Shen, you dash down the hallway, the reploids behind you trying to shoot you but failing due to the distance you put out. You clear the path before you as well of the workers, trying to lock down the area before them as you hear a klaxon begin behind you. That said, you see a pad ahead, though you'll just need to hold it...

Hammer, Flicker is led away without a fight, and as you head to Orca, giving him that much. He blinks for a second, before gesturing to his desk.
    "C'mon, may as well do this properly, son. From the top, and in detail."

14. - Top - End - #944
    Troll in the Playground

Nephy smiles quietly and recalls the rules of the game again. It'd be fairly dangerous to request another card, wouldn't it...? "Ah-- I'll stay."

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

"....I apologize, my awareness of your existence was peripheral until today, how an I resisting?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

'Transport pad located. Will Hold position until reinforcement arrives.' Shen Approached the pad and made sure it was ready receive incoming teleports before back towards the hall. His tail whipped over his shoulder before he took a hold of it before the base of his tail became detached from his body, his tail becoming a three sectioned staff.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #947
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

Hammer pulls the files from the Detroit servers, and describes his mission from beginning to end. He takes particular care to detail how Flicker is in fact not a Maverick and that Barrow, while a criminal, should be treated with leniency for his willingness to cooperate. He also emphasizes the necessity of starting a thorough search for Wendigo right away with any available resources, and that a note should be appended to the Maverick's file detailing his ability to look like anyone and that personnel should be on the lookout for odd behaviors. "Overall sir, recommendations are rehabilitation for Flicker, rehabilitation and strict probation for Barrow, and an upgrade in Wendigo's threat level. He needs the attention of Hunters with better eyes and brains than mine, and immediate termination when he is found. He is last known to have been using the body of a chef named Pierot, but he may have changed. I'd also highly recommend that Singing Flicker be allowed on any mission to terminate him - I promised her that much."

He then brings up his encounters with the lower-ranked Mavs. "I displayed maximum efficiency displayed when combating clustered groups from a hidden position. My efficiency was compromised when dealing with ambushers taking potshots from scattered locations, and when giving chase. I managed to keep track of my targets above 80% of the time once initial contact had been made by utilizing drone reconnaissance."

Discord Tag #4097

18. - Top - End - #948
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Lambda, broken wires and cracked systems whine around you as lights flicker and blare, the face of Phi becoming contorted with anger as his fist slams into the wall.
    "BECAUSE YOU MADE IT SO!"
    A bulb nearby burns out, but as it comes, it passes, the area dying back down to the broken state it is at. Phi coughs, smoothing out his suit.
    "What I meant to say is, you have kept imagining me as an illusion, a figment. You have kept me from having a voice until it was convenient for you to hear what you thought I was. Your subconscious. You have kept me trapped in there since you left."

Nephy, the others check their cards, Mercy and Knuckleduster staying, Tengu raising, Addax staying. Tengu gives a light curse after everyone turns over the cards, him going over with the new one, and with the nearest being Mercy at 20. She grins as she rakes the chips over, nodding at the fact you hadn't put any out yet while Addax just gives a grin, his pile of chips being roughly eight times the size of the others that he cashed in off his paycheck.
    "Aw yeah, you're gonna get Momma a nice dash system, aren't you?"
    (You want to put any down on that one, or on the next? Also, just trying something that seems to be working well enough for this-roll two separate 1d13s for your initial cards)

Shen, you put some commands in at the request of Command, syncing it up so that it was only under the Fifth's control.
    "Got one inbound. Lockdown Oni will be assisting you on this side of things."
    You spot the enemies headed in to try and take you out, the six coming in like madmen.

Hammer, Orca nods, looking at the information.
    "Alright, it'll be forwarded to Command then. And...eh, good work, you're operating in expected parameters then."
    He pats you on the carapace once before wincing, pulling back in a hurry.
    "Anyway, go take some time off, kid. Enjoy your paycheck, eh?"

19. - Top - End - #949
    Troll in the Playground

Nephy looks just a little disappointed. "Ohh... I thought that I was close enough. But I suppose not..." She looks towards her own pile and worries a little. These people were definitely more skilled and experienced at the game than she is, is she just going to waste money here?

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Shen gives a roar before whipping the staff behind him and unleashing a torrent of water from his mouth at the enemies charging him. He thought it best to keep as many of them at bay as possible would be for the best for the time being.

Spoiler: Rollem
    Show
    marksman!
    (5d6)[19]

Pressure blaster (pushing)
    (1d8)[3] at initial target
    (1d6)[3] to any target hit after the first
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Nephy, you notice that you seem to have gained more chips at your side, three stacks worth-roughly 9000 zenny to bet with. Looking up, you also spot Addax's horns have a small flicker of electricity arc between them, and when you stare, he just winks, before signaling the dealer to deal, taking a drink from a cup at his spot.
    Spoiler: Other hands
    Show
    (1d13)[9] (1d13)[13]
    (1d13)[6] (1d13)[11]
    (1d13)[1] (1d13)[12]
    (1d13)[11] (1d13)[2]

Looking at the pot, most of it seems to be out of Addax's pile, 18k all together so far.

Shen, you nail one of the slower mavericks in the leg, knocking a knife wielder off their feet and into a guy with a pistol. However, one of the knife wielding mavs gets close, as the other pistol wielders fire off potshots, the downed ones getting back up.
    (3d6+1)[12]
    (1d6)[4]
    (3d6+1)[7]
    (1d6)[2]
    (4d6+1)[15]
    (1d8)[5]
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2016-03-21 at 05:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

Nephy looks just a little surprised, but smiles shyly at Addax and nods to him. "Okay -- um, I'll raise 1,000 zenny." It feels a little weird to be saying that, but these other gentlemen seemed to really be into it.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

The Knife clanks harmlessly off of Shen's body before he shifts his body slightly to let the pot shots whizz by. With a toothy grin, the dragonoid exclaimed "Hiku!" As he whipped the sectioned staff around his body with an eastern style flair before bringing it across the knife wielder's face.

Spoiler: Hiku!
    Show
    Close combat
    (4d6+1)[14]
    Dragonbone Staff
    (11d10)[59] (1d10)[7]
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2016-03-21 at 07:29 PM. Reason: wrong dice roll
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ettin in the Playground

well, now i know. But.how are you doing that?" swift then asks, featuring at the lamps.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #955
    Halfling in the Playground

Lockdown Oni sighs as he steps onto the telepad.
    "Yeah, I know how it goes...Well," He says, rolling his shoulders and tensing himself up for combat, "Once more into the, yadda yadda whatever."

As Oni arrives on the scene, he lets out a sharp whistle, drawing the enemies attention to himself.
    "Avon calling~!"he yells out, as the jagged jaw guard snaps over his face.
    "Who's ready for their first free facial rearrangement?"

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Shen, Oni, the two of you glare down the other five, the one with the knife that struck Shen cursing as Shen's phaseshift shields activate, flickering over his body, narrowly ducking the blow at his face. He comes back up, trying to pierce through your shields while his compatriots, all of them up, open fire, two others with knives aiming for Oni with one giving covering fire as two pistols aim for Shen.
    (4d6+1)[16]-Shen (1d8)[2]
    (3d6)[12] (1d6)[5]
    (3d6)[11] (1d6)[6]
    (3d6)[10] (1d6)[4]
    (3d6)[7] (1d6)[1]

(4d6+1)[15]-Oni (1d8)[2]
    (4d6+1)[19] (1d8)[3]
    (3d6)[10] (1d6)[3]
    (3d6)[5] (1d6)[2]

Nephy, the cards flick, and...
    (1d13)[10] (1d13)[10]
    (add cards if you wish)

Lambda, he slowly looks around, then to you.
    "It seems you act as conduit. I can send stimulation through your frame into the surrounding structures. Potentially useful..."

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

Nephy looks just a little excited, perhaps not understanding the concept or usefulness of a poker face. Yes! Surely I can win with this hand? she thinks to herself, and then happily says, "I'll raise another 1,000!"

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

Hammer

"Yessir. I've got plans for that money." Hammer trundles down to the labs. "Heyo, folks. Got some cash, some data, and some ideas on how to make myself meaner. What do you say we get to work?"

Discord Tag #4097

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah...... so what do you want? As you can see, there is no more facility to run, there's nothing for you here, "
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

"Welcome to the party." Shen glanced over to Oni as he ducked and weaved between the shots and attacks before a single shot managed to not only hit but also slip through the shielding. There was a tiny flinch on Shen's part before he looked down to see had scratched his new paint job.

There was a bit of an internal sigh before he continued his attack on the knife wielder with the sectioned staff before turning towards the one that managed to shot through his shielding and roared a torrent of water at him.

Spoiler: Rolls and stuff
    Show

Shen's Hp 20/21
    4 DR

first action
    Close combat roll for bonetail staff on knify
    (4d6+1)[13]
    (1d10)[6]

second action
    Marksmen for for cutting Pressure blaster on the first one that shot at Shen
    (5d6)[16]
    (1d12+2)[11]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show