New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Dungeons of Doom (Room 3)

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom. You are all going to die down here sooner or later. You shouldn’t have started to introduce victory laps around corpses of friendly NPC’s or introduced him to your Half Elf/Half Dwarf Warrior Gimlogas. Now you face the consequences. As you enter the next dungeon, all of you step onto a 40 by 40 feet field teleport trap that instantly transports you in the deepest cavern of a dungeon completely unknown to you. There is no escape and there is no exit. Just try to stay alive as long as you can.

Room 3:
    With a snap, the remains of the rescue team appear at your side and together you continue through the dungeon. You wave a last goodbye to the slavers and continue the way they had taken earlier. You pass through several hallways, anxiously looking for traps. But to your surprise you encounter none of them. Instead, the hallways look more and more processed. You even begin to see doors in the walls and burning torches between them. Your hopes to reach civilisation again grow somewhat but as you open a few of the doors, you see no exit. All of them lead to small rooms with a bunk bed and an armoire. You inspect them further, but apart from dirty clothing for small creatures, you can’t find anything in there.
    You continue on your way down the hallway until you arrive in a room at the end of it. It is larger than the others and contains several tables and chairs. The walls are filled with chalk drawings and crude graffiti. They are partially covered by two large cabinets. They don’t seem to be trapped and after you have sent one of the Halfling slaves to open it, you see their contents. The first cabinet contains a large array of bottles and flasks, while the inside of the doors is covered with slightly stained sponges and a small board of identical keys. Carefully you examine the bottles and you find that they contain citrus oil and citrus acid in varying concentration and strength. The other cabinet contains some other bottles but they are filled with holy water instead. You can also see a box of various holy symbols in there – next to a small array of silver blades.
    Finally you examine the tables a bit closer. They are covered with small parchments with writings in orcish on them. Other than that, the room is empty, but the most noticeable thing in it is its exit. While you came in through a simple wooden door, the other door is made of solid metal with strong hinges. Two separate knobs with strong locks keep it shut and the large orcish letters above the door are probably meaning something. Still this seems to be your only exit and a lot of dirty fingerprints on them indicate that the route is being used frequently.

What do you do? Describe your actions until Monday, 4 PM Eastern

{table="head"]{colsp=3}The Players in the Dungeon of Doom
    Aegeus|Alive|Room 3
    Akaziel|Alive|Room 3
    Altharis|DEAD|Room 1
    Amiria, Countess of Mispelling|Alive|Room 3
    Calamity|Alive|Room 3
    Case|DEAD|Room 1
    Castaras|Alive|Room 3
    Deckmaster|DEAD|Room 1
    DLD|Alive|Room 3
    Eldritch Knight|DEAD|Room 1
    El Jaspero|DEAD|Room 2
    evnafets|Alive|Room 3
    Fredricus|Alive|Room 3
    Frigs|Alive|Room 3
    GenericPC|DEAD|Room 1
    Gezina|DEAD|Room 1
    Gnome Barbarian|DEAD|Room 1
    GoC|Alive|Room 3
    Hivemind Ghost|Alive|Room 3
    HyramGraff|Alive|Room 3
    Jazzman|Alive|Room 3
    KewlKat|Alive|Room 3
    Krystal Tiger|DEAD|Room 2
    Kyrian|Alive|Room 3
    Lucid Archon|Alive|Room 3
    Maggie the Cat|DEAD|Room 1
    Mewtarthio|Alive|Room 3
    Meynolds|DEAD|Room 1
    Orzel|Alive|Room 3
    pendell|DEAD|Room 1
    pingcode20|Alive|Room 3
    Rigel Cyrosea|Alive|Room 3
    Rumda|Alive|Room 3
    Thes Hunter|Alive|Room 3
    Warpfire777|DEAD|Room 1
    Zar Peter|Alive|Rooom 3
    [/table]

: The Support Thread. Check out Gear and Physical State of you and your companions
    Last edited by Silkenfist; 2007-04-25 at 04:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Dungeons of Doom (Room 3)

So, does anyone here read Orcish?

Two cabinets, two locks. Coincidence?
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Jazzman, still invisible speaks out.

"I bet that Tome of Infinite Knowledge would be able to decipher them. GoC, didn't you pick that one up?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Frigs walks over to the cabinet, store s2 bottles of holy water and bottles off strong citrus acid in his belt and goes back to the party
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Jazzman fades back into visibility, and also goes to each cabinet and picks up a bottle from each, a key, a sponge, and a holy symbol, which he sets into his sword the same way he set Orzel's rock into the hilt, except he does it so that the symbol is visible.

"Silver? Holy water and icons? Is it just me or are these the kind of things you'd use for creatures like vampires and werewolves? And what's with the fruit juice?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akaziel decides to pick up one of each object from the cabinets. He examines the doors and wonders if anything is hiding behind them.
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

'Tis my Team RAF Trophy Case.

Yay for my Ceikatar! w00t!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Some cultures say that the best way to stop a vampire involves staking it through the heart and stuffing a lemon in its mouth, it does seem we've either stumbled on the citadel of a group of generic 'evil' humanoid undead hunters, or the lair of a very sporting vampire with a horde of goblin orc or kolbold servants
    Last edited by Rumda; 2007-04-26 at 06:40 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

8. - Top - End - #8
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Or an orc/goblin/thing lair that lives in fear of were-wolves and vampires...
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

GoC asks his Tome how to open the locks using what is available in this room. He also asks what (if anything) is on the other side of the door and wether it can be killed by any of his staff's spells.
    He then asks the Tome if any of the items lying around would harm him and if they won't he picks up one of each type.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fredricus looks around but doesn't take anything yet. They might prove dangerous.
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Perhaps you should be checking that Tome to identify the Holy Symbols."

Mewtarthio touches nothing, but approaches the cabinets cautiously.

"If I had to guess, I'd say this is some sort of military barracks. A large group of orc and kobold vampire hunters, perhaps?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GoC View Post
    GoC asks his Tome how to open the locks using what is available in this room. He also asks what (if anything) is on the other side of the door and wether it can be killed by any of his staff's spells.
    He then asks the Tome if any of the items lying around would harm him and if they won't he picks up one of each type.
    The Tome replies...

1. The locks can be opened by using the keys in the armoire.

2. There are about sixty thousand different lifeforms on the other side of the door and even more if you include protozoans and bacteria. All of them can be killed by at least one of your staves' spells.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Are those cabinets moveable? If they're partially obscuring something on the wall, wouldn't it make sense to see what it is they're hiding?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

GoC asks the Tome:
    "What (if any) illusions are within 50 ft of here?"
    "What is a comprehensive list of all the lifeforms, undead, outsiders or elementals over 1 kg in mass within 100 ft of here?"
    "What is a comprehensive list of all the hostile (to me) supernatural beings within 100 ft of here (assuming there are any)?"
    "What items within 50ft of here are useful to me? What is their location relative to me?"

This Tome is VERY useful.

15. - Top - End - #15

RedWizardGuy

Aegeus grins as he reads the Tome's reply. "GoC, you should ask if there is anything bigger than a foot in any dimension on either side, to screen out bacteria and rats. Also, can you tell what the signs say from the book?"

OOC(By the way, silkenfist. GoC also asked if it was safe to pick up the bottles.)

Aegeus pokes the contents of the cabinets with his 10-foot pole.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

uyou do realise you will get a list of all our items GoC from the book
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Frigs continues taking stuff from the cabinet, namely 2 holy symbols

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GoC View Post
    GoC asks the Tome:
    "What (if any) illusions are within 50 ft of here?"
    "What is a comprehensive list of all the lifeforms, undead, outsiders or elementals over 1 kg in mass within 100 ft of here?"
    "What is a comprehensive list of all the hostile (to me) supernatural beings within 100 ft of here (assuming there are any)?"
    "What items within 50ft of here are useful to me? What is their location relative to me?"

This Tome is VERY useful.
    Earlier: The magazines, bottles of oil and acid, holy symbols and silver blades as well as the charis, tables and armoires are able to hurt you.

1: There are not illusions withing 50 feet of here

2: Fourty goblins, eighteen orcs, six ogres, one lycantrophe

3: The Tome lists all items in the room, all items in the hallway up to 50 feet away and the door itself. Then, it lists the stones of a straight hallway 50 feet from the door deeper into the dungeon. However, the only thing named are stones, torches, shields, swords, pressure plates, levers, tubes and tanks.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

"Lycanthrope? That's a werewolf, right?"

Instinctively, Jazzman morphs his sword so that it's made out of silver.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

hearing that FRigs grabs 10 silver blades and stuffs nine in his pocket and keeping the other in his hand

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

((From now on GoC will automaticaly ask the Tome any question that is asked in this thread that isn't in parenthesis.))
    "Come on guys! Start thinking of questions!"

"Which of the items within 50 ft wouldn't be considered "cursed items" by the D&D definition?"
    GoC picks up any item that isn't cursed by the D&D definition.

"What is the location relative to me of each of the items/creatures mentioned in the answers the Tome gave to the following questions?
    -"What is a comprehensive list of all the lifeforms, undead, outsiders or elementals over 1 kg in mass within 100 ft of here?"
    -"What is a comprehensive list of all the hostile (to me) supernatural beings within 100 ft of here (assuming there are any)?"
    -"What items within 50ft of here are useful to me? What is their location relative to me?" "

"What is the CR for each of the creatures mentioned in the answer the Tome gave to the following questions?
    -"What is a comprehensive list of all the hostile (to me) supernatural beings within 100 ft of here (assuming there are any)?"
    -"What is a comprehensive list of all the lifeforms, undead, outsiders or elementals over 1 kg in mass within 100 ft of here?""

"Which of the creatures mentioned in the answer the Tome gave to the following question can by killed by a single chain lightning attack from my staff?
    -"What is a comprehensive list of all the lifeforms, undead, outsiders or elementals over 1 kg in mass within 100 ft of here?""

"What is the exact location and nature of any traps within 100 ft (if any)?"

((I bet Silkenfist will be regreting allowing the Tome of Infinite Knowledge before we get to the next room.
    Silkenfist: If you want I can limit myself to a maximun of five questions per room starting at room 4 or you can give answers to each question based on the intent of the asker instead of the literal meaning.))

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

I think the Tome's starting to become a bit of a game-breaker :P I wouldn't be surprised if Silky declared it to spontaneously combust after having been asked all these questions in quick succession....

23. - Top - End - #23

PaladinGuy

I'm more interested in the orcish writing - particularly the stuff above the door. Does the book have a translation of that?

I want to rifle amongst the papers on the table and see if there is anything there.
    Also I want to check out the chalk drawings on the wall. Do they look like graffitti or could they have some sort of meaning?
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pingcode browses the cabinets and takes what almost seems to be a shopping list of items, in preparation for the room behind the door.

He starts by taking two silver blades, adding one to the set of thieve's tools (Transforming it into a set of Thieve's Tools and One Silver Blade) and puts the other on his belt. He also grabs a holy symbol, tying it to his belt.

Examining the liquids, he adds three flasks each of Citrus Oil and Citric Acid, in three different concentrations (The weakest suitable for cooking, while the strongest likely to cause severe skin irritation), to his thieve's toolset. He also adds 3 flasks holy water to his toolset, while hanging another three from his belt.

Finally, he added one of the keys to his toolset, on the off chance it may become useful.

He waited for more information before acting further, asking GoC to ask the tome the question 'What type of Citric Oil is in the flasks?' and 'What are its properties?'

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Orzel quietly activated his magic stick and leaf. Thrustin a blade into the end of his club, Orzel examines the writing from behind his shield. "Gang hideout or torture house?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Okay...the properties and difficulty of the rooms are adapted to the book anyway.

Jazzman: Possibly

GoC:

1: Four of the swords are cursed
    2: Except for four of the goblins, the tome names a vektor with a negative z component. The goblins without a negative z component have a vektor of x = 4.24 and y = 1.25 where x,y = 0 is the exit and x = -1, y = 0 is the entrance and the armoires have a positive y component.
    3: The vektor of the lycantrophe is x = 2.36, y = - 0.23, z = - 2.02
    4: You receive the vector for each of the stones around.
    The torches have vectors of (1.32;-0.12;0.23)(2.64;-0.12;0.23)(3.96;-0.12;0.23)(4.31;0;0.23)(4.31;-1.32;0.23)(4.31;11.32;0.23)
    The Shields have vectors of
    (0.66;-0.12;0.24)(1.98;-0.12;0.24)(3.3;-0.12;0.24)
    The Swords have vectors of
    (0.65;-0.12;0.24)(0.67;-0.12;0.24)(1.97;-0.12;0.24)(1.99;-0.12;0.24)(3.29;-0.12;0.24)(3.31;-0.12;0.24)(4.22;1.23;0.11)(4.22;1.24;0.11)(4.23;1. 23;0.11)(4.23;1.26;0.11)
    The Pressure Plates form a plane. They all have a z component of 0 and their corners are defined by (0.12;0.62;0)(0.12;-0.12;0)(0.42;0.62;0)(0.42;-0.12;0)
    There are two levers with the vectors (0.27;0.31;-0.04) and (2.13;1.42;-1.78)
    The tubes have vectors of (0.32;0.62;0.41)(0.64;0.62;0.41)(0.96;0.62;0.41)(1 .28;0.62;0.41)(1.6;0.62;0.41)(1.96;0.62;0.41)(2.28 ;0.62;0.41)(2.6;0.62;0.41)(2.96;0.62;0.41)(3.28;0. 62;0.41)(0.32;0.62;-1.49)(0.64;0.62;-1.49)(0.96;0.62;-1.49)(1.28;0.62;-1.49)(1.6;0.62;-1.49)(1.96;0.62;-1.49)(2.28;0.62;-1.49)(2.6;0.62;-1.49)(2.96;0.62;-1.49)(3.28;0.62;-1.49)
    The tanks have vectors of (1.47;2.58;1.2) and (1.47;2.58;-1.34)

3: The goblins have a CR of 1/4
    The orcs have a CR of 3/4
    The ogres have a CR of 6
    The lycantrophe has a CR of 4

4: The goblins and orcs

5: One mechanical trap at (0.27;0.31;-0.04)
    Two magical traps at (2.09;1.42;-1.48)(2.14;1.43;-1.48)

evnafets:

1: Yes, I have
    2: Yes they look like graffiti and yes they could have some sort of meaning

pingcode:

1: 96.2% Citric Oil, 1.1% Water, 2.5% Impurities, 0.2% Weak Adhesive
    pH = 4.23
    Last edited by Silkenfist; 2007-04-27 at 04:42 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

*DLD laughs as she watches everyone rush to find silver items*

Ha! Look at you all! You should be able to remember that my Keyblade is far more powerful. And made of silver.

*grins as she looks around at the items*
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

28. - Top - End - #28

Pingcode also has GoC ask: 'Who is currently in possession of cursed items, and if so, what items?'

He also asks 'What are the dimensions of this room?' and 'What are the vectors, given the same system as previously employed, of the corners of this room?'
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-04-27 at 04:32 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

1: The cursed items are in nobody's possession

2: The room is 8 by 24 feet. Its corners are (0;2.28;0)(0;-0.12;0)(-1;2,28;0)(-1;-0.12;0)

30. - Top - End - #30

(What about vertical dimensions and vectors? Also, in this case, 'I' also refers to 'Pingcode'.)

Pingcode stands at the entrance and looks straight at the locked door. He holds his right arm outstretched and his left arm directly upwards.

'Would I be correct in saying that I am currently looking in the positive direction of X, My right arm is pointing in the positive direction of Y, and my left arm is pointing in the positive direction of Z?'

If the answer is no, he swaps arms, holding out his left arm and pointing up using the right.