New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Clarification of Zen Archery

Can Zen Archery be used to qualify for archery feats with Wis bonus rather than Dex bonus?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Clarification of Zen Archery

By RAW, no, because the Archery feats specifically state they require a Dexterity Score of #. They don't say they require a certain statistic number that enhances archery. If you wish to talk to your DM about changing that rule, however, be my guest. However, in many cases (Ie. Many Shot, Rapid Shot), I don't see how WIS is going to be coming into play, but something like Precise Shot? Maybe.
    Shalom

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

That's what I thought, but I've heard and seen a lot of people discussing Zen Archery in builds that would rely heavily on both Dex and Wis, and I was wondering whether or not it was generally accepted that Wis could be used in place of Dex in such a situation.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Seems like a harmless house-rule, though. Unless you're a divine caster, that Wisdom isn't doing much for you anyway. And...hell, even if you are a divine caster, you're probably not as powerful with a bow as you'd be with your preferred melee weapon.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Miles Invictus View Post
    Seems like a harmless house-rule, though. Unless you're a divine caster, that Wisdom isn't doing much for you anyway. And...hell, even if you are a divine caster, you're probably not as powerful with a bow as you'd be with your preferred melee weapon.
    Means a lot for cleric archer builds though.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic_Avenger View Post
    Trust me, Ikkitosen knows what he's talking about.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're going to be an archer and have a high wisdom, why not be an elf? Then you can easily get your dexterity up to 13 or so on point buy.

Now if your points are limited to where that's impossible, or you cannot give up your full plate, then ask your DM. I personally wouldn't allow it for most of them, but some like Precise and Point Blank I might.