Default Re: GiP Regulars as Wondrous Items

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post

Well I know that I for one was only keeping you around to siphon energy off of your soul, if you don't have that I see no reason not to kill you for my own sick amusement.

I've become the living incarnation of a demon lord. Bring it on, gloss-paint!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Zaydos is right, we could always kill you if we wanted to have you as a drone.

But you had to go and get rid of your soul. Love will never blossom between us!
    Ah, but I am still useful. Demon lord, and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post

Wait... so you became a demon lord and destroyed your soul?

I will remind you that Outsiders are both soul and body in one and that demon lords are outsiders. I don't actually have to do anything as you've destroyed yourself.

Or are you saying you sold yourself to a third party that is neither me nor Snowbluff and is now using you as an empty puppet and possibly spy?
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post

Poor choice man, being a demon lord is a lot of work, far more than even an archdevil. You have to defend your territory and self from a thousand plus other lords, and even if by some small chance you become the top dog you always have to worry about you kingdom imploding and team up invasions. Plus you will never be the most fearsome and horrifying with lords like Pale Night around. If you want to be CE I would recommend any occupation more than demon lord.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

There are ways to get a soul that's already been destroyed. You just need to find the right angle. You might also want to find some essential saltes or stuffe to make the saltes, as well.
    "Movement speed is the most important statistic in this game."

"Give them no mercy for they give no mercy to us."

"I see one of those I kill it!"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Poor choice man, being a demon lord is a lot of work, far more than even an archdevil. You have to defend your territory and self from a thousand plus other lords, and even if by some small chance you become the top dog you always have to worry about you kingdom imploding and team up invasions. Plus you will never be the most fearsome and horrifying with lords like Pale Night around. If you want to be CE I would recommend any occupation more than demon lord.
    Meh, I spend most of my time on the prime material anyway. It proved easier than a random casters accidentally summoning me.

Also, I'm the vessel of the demon lord, an empty vessel which contains its power and malevolence. It was a very risky ritual, but it has paid off so far. I have, thus far, maintained my mind, albeit in a very corrupt and bloody version of it.

Edit: I'm also going to dig up the old Elder Evils thread and post a new one for Snowbluff. And possibly stat the demon lord I represent (his name is Rekhyt).
    Last edited by atemu1234; 2015-06-27 at 07:54 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't see why no one chooses NE. Neutral Evil folks are possibly more evil than LE or CE, because they don't care about how their Evilness happens, they just make it happen. If that means creating a bureaucracy to foreclose orphanages or just burn, pillage the orphanages while consuming the agonized souls of those inside, they'll happily do either, as long as it means making the world a worse place. Their society promotes scheming almost as much as Baator's society does, constantly planning ways to subvert the orders of those in power and overthrow them, all while fawning over the people they're trying to murder and stomping on eating the souls of those below them. And running an entire trade industry based on trading the essences of individual's lives and the consumption of said essences (of course, this is me speaking in terms of Pathfinder fluff, I can't find any references in 3.5 to Daemons*) is absolutely fantastic.

*I can find one reference to any sort of Daemon at all in 3.5, which is in Fiend Folio I, Ahrimanes, Chief of the Cacodaemons.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    *I can find one reference to any sort of Daemon at all in 3.5, which is in Fiend Folio I, Ahrimanes, Chief of the Cacodaemons.
    I feel we need more info on this.

Afro, Afro, Afro

This should help
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Beginning with 2e and continuing through 3.5 they called daemons Yugoloths. And everything you said about them could be used to describe Baatezu, which is why people don't pick NE.

Now of course go to the 'loths and you have a race which has spent eternity manipulating demons and devils both, keeping the Blood War running to (one possible motive) wipe out both LE and CE so that only Evil untainted by Law and Chaos exists. The 'loths are awesome, but it's not because they promote scheming almost as much as the Baatezu, it's because they perfected the art long before the first Baatezu was born.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

I don't see why no one chooses NE. Neutral Evil folks are possibly more evil than LE or CE, because they don't care about how their Evilness happens, they just make it happen. If that means creating a bureaucracy to foreclose orphanages or just burn, pillage the orphanages while consuming the agonized souls of those inside, they'll happily do either, as long as it means making the world a worse place. Their society promotes scheming almost as much as Baator's society does, constantly planning ways to subvert the orders of those in power and overthrow them, all while fawning over the people they're trying to murder and stomping on eating the souls of those below them. And running an entire trade industry based on trading the essences of individual's lives and the consumption of said essences (of course, this is me speaking in terms of Pathfinder fluff, I can't find any references in 3.5 to Daemons*) is absolutely fantastic.

CE Obyriths where it at yo.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I dislike all outsiders. I don't see the appeal in any of them. I especially don't like outsiders who think they have the right to interfere in the affairs of mortals. Just leave us alone.
    "Movement speed is the most important statistic in this game."

"Give them no mercy for they give no mercy to us."

"I see one of those I kill it!"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Beginning with 2e and continuing through 3.5 they called daemons Yugoloths. And everything you said about them could be used to describe Baatezu, which is why people don't pick NE.

Now of course go to the 'loths and you have a race which has spent eternity manipulating demons and devils both, keeping the Blood War running to (one possible motive) wipe out both LE and CE so that only Evil untainted by Law and Chaos exists. The 'loths are awesome, but it's not because they promote scheming almost as much as the Baatezu, it's because they perfected the art long before the first Baatezu was born.
    I was not aware of this. Interesting. Also, the Daemons are the best purely visually for horror campaigns. They're like some entity took a scrap bucket of creature bits and tossed them together, they also represent various causes and types of death (Suicide, Drowning, Disease, Murder, etc.). And then the four horsemen. Those guys are equivalent in power to the biggest Archdevils and Demon Lords, and then there's the Oinodaemon, who despite being statted, is about as powerful as the big A, and it took all four horsemen to remove him from power.

My Avatar appears to be broken for me. Is it for anyone else?
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-06-27 at 11:27 PM.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Actually, the Yugoloths are from Gehenna, which is evil-tending-lawful. Not sure if there are any native to Hades; if there are I've forgotten them. Baator has the Baatezu, Gehenna has the Yugoloths, Carceri has the Demodands, and the Abyss has the Tanar'ri. But I don't know about Hades.
    The Yugoloths are native to Hades, having mostly migrated to Gehenna in 3e but still retaining a large population on Hades. The Oinoloth, ruler of Oinos (first layer of the Gray Wastes) is an ultraloth.

I know my Planescape.

Also the demodands were made from the dead bodies of yugoloths by Apomps. The Abyss also has Lo(u)mora and Obyriths (I know my planescape not you newfangled late 3.5 additions), and Baator also has the Ancient Baatorians who don't mess with mortals, because they're too far beneath them to be noticed.

Edit: Night hags are also native to Hades/The Gray Wastes. Gehenna actually has the fewest native outsiders of the Lower Planes (read barghests and a few others in 2e).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-27 at 11:26 PM.

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

In case people are wondering where the post of mine that Zaydos just quoted is: I deleted it because I wasn't entirely sure if any of the relevant bits were true, but I guess he saw and quoted it first

The Yugoloths are native to Hades, having mostly migrated to Gehenna in 3e but still retaining a large population on Hades. The Oinoloth, ruler of Oinos (first layer of the Gray Wastes) is an ultraloth.

I know my Planescape.

Also the demodands were made from the dead bodies of yugoloths by Apomps. The Abyss also has Lo(u)mora and Obyriths (I know my planescape not you newfangled late 3.5 additions), and Baator also has the Ancient Baatorians who don't mess with mortals, because they're too far beneath them to be noticed.

Edit: Night hags are also native to Hades/The Gray Wastes. Gehenna actually has the fewest native outsiders of the Lower Planes (read barghests and a few others in 2e).
    Oh, huh. Thanks for explaining that, I thought the Yugoloths were native to Gehenna. I guess even they didn't like Hades
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    In case people are wondering where the post of mine that Zaydos just quoted is: I deleted it because I wasn't entirely sure if any of the relevant bits were true, but I guess he saw and quoted it first

Oh, huh. Thanks for explaining that, I thought the Yugoloths were native to Gehenna. I guess even they didn't like Hades
    On that note I think I mispelled the name of Apoms... Apomps... I don't remember except that he's the Baernaloth who made the demodands, and that they're rather unimportant.

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

On that note I think I mispelled the name of Apoms... Apomps... I don't remember except that he's the Baernaloth who made the demodands, and that they're rather unimportant.
    And why is that? because they're in Carceri, and no one goes to Carceri because Carceri sucks.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Aegis View Post
    I dislike all outsiders. I don't see the appeal in any of them. I especially don't like outsiders who think they have the right to interfere in the affairs of mortals. Just leave us alone.
    I believe my master would have something to say on the subject.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

All these weird 3.5 names. In pathfinder we just have Archons, Angels, Agathions, Inevitables, Psychopomps, Proteans, Devils, Daemons, and Demons. There are, of course, other groups of outsiders, but no one cares about them.

A new avatar might be in order, I suspect. Nvm. Avatar was being glitchy.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-06-27 at 11:40 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    And why is that? because they're in Carceri, and no one goes to Carceri because Carceri sucks.
    No, because there's only like 1000 of them, or 3000 in their emergency scenarios.

All these weird 3.5 names. In pathfinder we just have Archons, Angels, Agathions, Inevitables, Psychopomps, Proteans, Devils, Daemons, and Demons. There are, of course, other groups of outsiders, but no one cares about them.

A new avatar might be in order, I suspect.
    Archons is a weird name (it's a rank of priest), but yeah this is the result of real world things and the 80s. Note, though, that there are devils which aren't baatezu, that night hags theoretically are a type of daemons, and there are 3 different subgroups of demon in 3.5 so yeah they run out of simple terms pretty quickly.

Also any set of outsiders which lacks modrons is missing something important I don't know if I'm serious there.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Also any set of outsiders which lacks modrons is missing something important I don't know if I'm serious there.
    All modrons and inevitables must perish... that is all...

Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course, there are also Aeons, Asuras, Azatas, Demodands, Divine Heralds, Divs, Ei'risai, Elementals, Formians, Genies, Kami, Kytons, Mephits, Oni, Qlippoth, Rakshasa, and Titans, but no one cares about those.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Of course, there are also Aeons, Asuras, Azatas, Demodands, Divine Heralds, Divs, Ei'risai, Elementals, Formians, Genies, Kami, Kytons, Mephits, Oni, Qlippoth, Rakshasa, and Titans, but no one cares about those.
    Oni are cool

Current avatar by me

23. - Top - End - #293
    Firbolg in the Playground

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

I am summoned

Bit late to the party, it seems. Let's see here...

Alright, so, as noted above, the neutral evil exemplars are daemons, aka yugoloths; they acquired the latter name during the moral panic period of 2E (alongside the baatezu, tanar'ri and gehreleths). These latter three all got reversed, but whether due to the similarity between "daemon" and "demon," the fact that yugoloths acquired so much characterization under that name during the Planescape line, or just because they were the only actual "tribe" of daemon (unlike devils and demons, which encompass many types of outsider) the name stuck in Third Edition.

Ahrimanes... is a whole different subject that I've gone on about at length before.

As for Apomps the Triple Aspected, he is a god-being who dwells in the lowest layer of Carceri, the plane he settled with his repugnant creations. He was exiled by the other baernaloths for his act of creating the demodands, who now passionately hate yugoloths. Under normal conditions it is said there are 9999 gehreleths - 3333 of each caste; however, when the Blood War spikes, they double this number. This may, of course, be simple propaganda - or the desperate hope of those who wish to believe any kind of fiend could be wiped out with anything approaching reasonable ease.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Oh god shes gotten laid, she'll be incorrigible now!
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

27. - Top - End - #297

Spoiler: Second Page? BUMP.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Is that a thing now? When in doubt, blame Snowbluff?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

No, no, no, stop everything Sissy.

Don't ever DM for your girlfriend.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

30. - Top - End - #300

No, no, no, stop everything Sissy.

Don't ever DM for your girlfriend.
    What about DMing for ex's?
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2015-06-29 at 08:04 AM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png