New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: GiP Regulars as Wondrous Items

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Red dragon could use Locate Object (despite it being a 2nd level spell), gold dragon could use bless, and there are so many options.
    Oh but those are literally the two most boring dragons in the entire game. If you are going to pick something from the monster manual, pick something like white dragon. If you think hard enough about it you begin to realize the white dragon is the most ferocious fierce multi-vector assault platform. Sadly people would be upset if i gave it wall of ice, even though that is exactly what i think of when i think what spell should all white dragons learn. it helps them create corners for their prey, combine that with every type of movement speed and icy terrain advantage (seriously where else are you going to find a white dragon, on vacation to the tropics?) and many people would need a new pair of pants afterwards if they have legs and a brain left anyway.

Red and gold dragons: big, fire, "scary", who cares.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Oh but those are literally the two most boring dragons in the entire game. If you are going to pick something from the monster manual, pick something like white dragon. If you think hard enough about it you begin to realize the white dragon is the most ferocious fierce multi-vector assault platform. Sadly people would be upset if i gave it wall of ice, even though that is exactly what i think of when i think what spell should all white dragons learn. it helps them create corners for their prey, combine that with every type of movement speed and icy terrain advantage (seriously where else are you going to find a white dragon, on vacation to the tropics?) and many people would need a new pair of pants afterwards if they have legs and a brain left anyway.

Red and gold dragons: big, fire, "scary", who cares.
    Red dragons are fun when you play up their wealth detection, arrogance, and position among evil dragon-kind (my personal favorite chromatic is actually Blue because of a small mention of them an theocracies). That said only time I use red dragons is when I need some reason for chromatic dragons to work together, or as the big, scary dragon because killing a red dragon has meaning for players. White dragons will always have a special place in my heart because of being so cute in the MM that it got me to buy it and thus update to 3.x.

Gold dragons are just plain boring. I mean Silver Dragons are the ones which love humans, cherish what we cherish, mingle among us as if they were humans. Bronze dragons are the warrior-champions, who join in human wars to aid the side of good, who watch out for animals. That riding dog which the (halfling or gnome) commander has ridden in every battle of the campaign? Secretly a bronze dragon all along, making sure he got where he needed to be at the moment (even if he thought he needed to be somewhere else) and making sure he survived. Gold dragons? Umm... Big goods who extort tribute and sit on their lazy asses? Ok, I've actually used one as a sort of LG Priest-King before but they're the most boring good aligned dragons.

The two are also the most iconic and easiest to come up with effects for off the cuff.

Silver would get Disguise Self. Bronze Speak with Animals. Copper Spider Climb. Brass not sure without opening a book/the srd. Blue would get their racial destroy water ability. Green could get Charm Fey (Charm Person but fey instead of humanoids). Black... not sure. White honestly Grease refluffed as an ice slick.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

Ooh, I give permission!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

So, black dragons are basically batman. Reletively weak, super intelligent, all we really know is they like to make really good plans... Fox's cunning.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Red dragons are fun when you play up their wealth detection, arrogance, and position among evil dragon-kind (my personal favorite chromatic is actually Blue because of a small mention of them an theocracies). That said only time I use red dragons is when I need some reason for chromatic dragons to work together, or as the big, scary dragon because killing a red dragon has meaning for players. White dragons will always have a special place in my heart because of being so cute in the MM that it got me to buy it and thus update to 3.x.

Gold dragons are just plain boring. I mean Silver Dragons are the ones which love humans, cherish what we cherish, mingle among us as if they were humans. Bronze dragons are the warrior-champions, who join in human wars to aid the side of good, who watch out for animals. That riding dog which the (halfling or gnome) commander has ridden in every battle of the campaign? Secretly a bronze dragon all along, making sure he got where he needed to be at the moment (even if he thought he needed to be somewhere else) and making sure he survived. Gold dragons? Umm... Big goods who extort tribute and sit on their lazy asses? Ok, I've actually used one as a sort of LG Priest-King before but they're the most boring good aligned dragons.

The two are also the most iconic and easiest to come up with effects for off the cuff.

Silver would get Disguise Self. Bronze Speak with Animals. Copper Spider Climb. Brass not sure without opening a book/the srd. Blue would get their racial destroy water ability. Green could get Charm Fey (Charm Person but fey instead of humanoids). Black... not sure. White honestly Grease refluffed as an ice slick.
    White dragons? Aren't they the dumbest dragons?

I actually like Gold Dragons. They are really good for a variety of effects. Need an Ubermount? Gold Dragon. Need a Simulacrum? Gold Dragon. Need a Wildshape? Gold Dragon.

Bronze dragons are tricksters, so maybe a spell like Glibness or an Image spell?
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-06-24 at 06:35 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

White dragons? Aren't they the dumbest dragons?

I actually like Gold Dragons. They are really good for a variety of effects. Need an Ubermount? Gold Dragon. Need a Simulacrum? Gold Dragon. Need a Wildshape? Gold Dragon.

Bronze dragons are tricksters, so maybe a spell like Glibness or an Image spell?
    Yes, white dragons are the dumbest. They are the most animalistic. They also start out weaker than pretty much any other true dragon. They also live in an area where most of the things on the bottom of the food chain could kill them. So honestly only the really lucky and cunning ones should live any length of time. So basically, a great wyrm white dragon has lived through horrible time, can attack from the sea, sky, and underground, and live in what is basically a 3d maze carved out of a glacier or iceberg. Also, white dragons are naturally savage. Great wyrm white dragons fluff-wise are savage apex predators forged by mother nature, that finally have an intelligence score. Crunch-wise, they have really awesome movement capabilities, and some awesome spell like abilities, including Freezing Fog.

besides, wouldn't you want the cute white idiotic terror that wants nothing but to single mindedly try to bite your head off?

Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Personally, my favorite Dragon has to be the Underworld Dragon, mainly because it looks *vaguely* like one of my favorite dragons ever (The giant metal dragon thing from WoW Cataclysm), despite not liking the game very much, and not even having played the game. Sadly, they're the weakest imperial dragon, not even getting 9th level spells and being the most commonly resisted element.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-06-24 at 08:03 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

besides, wouldn't you want the cute white idiotic terror that wants nothing but to single mindedly try to bite your head off?
    Kind of like a big t rex?
    Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Personally, my favorite Dragon has to be the Underworld Dragon, mainly because it looks *vaguely* like one of my favorite dragons ever (The giant metal dragon thing from WoW Cataclysm), despite not liking the game very much, and not even having played the game. Sadly, they're the weakest imperial dragon, not even getting 9th level spells and being the most commonly resisted element.
    Oh, you mean Deathwing? Nah, screw that guy. Dirty Maly, aspect of magic, is where it's at.

Don't be confused that the art actually depicts his successor, Kalecgos.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Kind of like a big t rex?
    Nah, i'm talking about the ones the size of a house cat. Once they get big there is a small chance they will play with you before they go all predator on you.

Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

With white dragons I like a pack of young to young adults which hunt people like some super powerful wolves.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

With white dragons I like a pack of young to young adults which hunt people like some super powerful wolves.
    ........have you been in my kennel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

You can always play jaws, only on a glacier.

Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Sorry, I needed to borrow the keys to the War Manticore and I accidentally let the white dragons get away when I fed them a couple strips of Commoner Jerky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Firbolg in the Playground

Tiefling Tail of Balance

Price 15,000
    Body Slot: Belt
    Caster Level: 5th
    Aura: Transmutation, Abjuration (DC 11)

This item looks like the tail of some fiendish creature attached to a belt.

This item appears to be the tail of some fiendish creature, when worn it attaches to the wearers lower back and grants them a +10 competence bonus on Balance checks. This will also automatically negate any penalty for having a "thigh-gap". Removing the belt causes no ill effects.

In addition if a Tiefling wears the belt it will meld with their tail (if they have one) and double their natural energy resistances.

Prerequisite: Craft Wondrous Item, Cat's Grace, Protection from Energy
    Cost to create: 7,500 gp, 600 xp
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

You never fail to confuse amuse me, Marlowe and co. Also, if I may correct a statement you made: "Friends don't let friends play 3.5 monks". Pathfinder monks are actually worth a damn. I can play a Pathfinder monk with not much in the way of optimization tricks and still contribute handily to the group I play with, and they're not low-op people.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

You never fail to confuse amuse me, Marlowe and co. Also, if I may correct a statement you made: "Friends don't let friends play 3.5 monks". Pathfinder monks are actually worth a damn. I can play a Pathfinder monk with not much in the way of optimization tricks and still contribute handily to the group I play with, and they're not low-op people.
    Hm. How do you do that? Have you managed to somehow find a way to be useful outside of combat, or are you managing it by being really good at fighting? I've not played a PF monk, but they don't seem to have much in the way of anything except damage output and I've heard they aren't exactly spectacular at that either save for Pummeling Style.
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-25 at 12:43 AM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

17. - Top - End - #197

Spoiler: Groan
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Kergerenko? really? Is her last name Usagi? No that might be too creative...

hey now, 3.5 monks can be really useful... once every couple of multiverses worth of time... Like this one time this monk somehow managed to win the campaign by talking to squirrels... I suppose if they had a caster that wasn't a sorcerer they could have done the same thing any number of different ways, or bypassed it entirely, or even used track or gather information to figure out enough to get where they needed to get going... this isn't doing anything for the 3.5 monk is it. Well they can do some minor dbz stuff, like ki based energy blasts, at a reasonable level and i guess that is all i have to offer on the subject...

Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #199

Kergerenko? really? Is her last name Usagi? No that might be too creative...

20. - Top - End - #200
    Banned

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    Vaz' Belt of Calming Presence
    Slot: waist
    Price: 32,000 GP
    This fine belt is made of blue silk with a silver buckle in the shape of a dolphin. It radiates a powerful calming and peaceful aura. Everyone within 30 feet of the belt will be unable to purposefully cause harm to a living creature unless they succeed on a DC 20 will save when they enter the AOE of the belt. Additionally it is impossible to use the rage or greater rage ability when within 30 feet of the belt.

moderate enchantment; caster level 7; craft wondrous item, calm emotions, charm person.
    Haha, yes! Michael Winner in a belt.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

So, is there still someone around to make me into a nice item? I'll be sorry to say that my item building skills are terrible since I will ahve no idea what I'll be doing (so stay tuned for something terrible to happen)...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

No, not really. Even my friend you plays a Jack B. Quick monk gets circles run around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler: Groan
    Show
    This, pretty much forever. These Planetouched speak to my soul.

The only valuable time spend in PF is usually with DSP material (which can be backported). Other than that, I only play with this one group because there are very many where I live, and they're pretty cool.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

His bardness, illyahr, grants permission. This should be good.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2015-06-25 at 09:06 AM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

24. - Top - End - #204

This is awesome. I will play it, Snaughbleauf will wield me.

Bronze dragons are my favorite, believe it or not.

I keep bulettes in my kennel.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    So, is there still someone around to make me into a nice item? I'll be sorry to say that my item building skills are terrible since I will ahve no idea what I'll be doing (so stay tuned for something terrible to happen)...
    Hmmm....
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    This is awesome. I will play it, Snaughbleauf will wield me.
    Until then, you can play a Fiend of Possession.

Also, I love that Snaughbleauf is still a thing.

You know what's also a thing? Beeseecher. I even made the new skirmisher bee tribute like Zaydos said, he didn't comment. D:

26. - Top - End - #206

Until then, you can play a Fiend of Possession.
    The name immediately turns me off of it...

Also, I love that Snaughbleauf is still a thing.
    Every time I see your name it pops into my head.

You know what's also a thing? Beeseecher. I even made the new skirmisher bee tribute like Zaydos said, he didn't comment. D:
    I commented.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

The name immediately turns me off of it...
    Don't worry, you don't have to be evil, just an [Evil] Outsider. You can be "good."
    Every time I see your name it pops into my head.
    Excellent.
    I commented.
    Also, did you like the new art I put up?

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Bronze dragons are my favorite, believe it or not.
    They might well be my favorite official dragons, and I have a strange dragon fixation which is weird and unhealthy and unnatural. Also they're easily the most majestic and regal looking metallic dragons in the 3e Monster Manual (white dragons still win cutest puppy).

Current Projects:

29. - Top - End - #209

Don't worry, you don't have to be evil, just an [Evil] Outsider. You can be "good."
    Oh. That changes everything. Erinyes Paladin, here I come.

Excellent.
    Everything according to plan?

Also, did you like the new art I put up?
    I do like it!

They might well be my favorite official dragons, and I have a strange dragon fixation which is weird and unhealthy and unnatural. Also they're easily the most majestic and regal looking metallic dragons in the 3e Monster Manual (white dragons still win cutest puppy).
    That's okay. I think everyone here has an unhealthy fixation on D&D. That's why we're here so often...

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. That changes everything. Erinyes Paladin, here I come.
    Eh... I'm not sure about Erinyes... and paladin levels would delay getting in to FoP.
    See, he's ignoring me! Why don't you love me and my bees, Zaydos? D: