New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Homebrew 5th Edition Class: Shaman

Spent a lot of time developing this class. Put in some play test time in a campaign before the character died at lv 8. Wanted to post it up and see what people thought of the class and if you had any suggestions. I tried to keep working as close to the original books as possible. If you have any questions or if something is unclear, feel free to ask, mby do some play testing yourself i you like.The link to the Class Description is below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by DaTexican; 2015-06-24 at 10:35 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Homebrew 5th Edition Class: Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by DaTexican View Post
    Spent a lot of time developing this class. Put in some play test time in a campaign before the character died at lv 8. Wanted to post it up and see what people thought of the class and if you had any suggestions. I tried to keep working as close to the original books as possible. If you have any questions or if something is unclear, feel free to ask, mby do some play testing yourself i you like.The link to the Class Description is below.

This should go to the homebrew section of the forums.

Also, on first glance you have a ton of dead levels. Dead levels are typically kept to a minimum.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Alright. Posted this in the Homebrew section as well. As for dead levels, you have to read the paths. The paths give things at most of the "dead" levels. Took standard increase in levels from Sorcerer

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DaTexican View Post

I like it.
    But:

It's a half spellcaster, (with spells at first level?). I think it's not enough combat build for a half spellcaster.
    He knows way too many cantrips, give him at lv. 20 4 or 5 cantrips. It's a half spellcaster, why would it even HAVE cantrips?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

The Winged Mod: Closing this thread in favor of the other one.