Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    Hello everybody,
    Here is the fourth of my eight prestige classes, the Moonlight Hunter. With this class, I am attempting to create a class designed to kill undead and look good doing it! Small inspiration comes from Shauna Vayne.

    Thanks in advance for all your help!

    P.S. I'm also terrible at placing the ability tags like Su and Ex. I'd appreciate help with it!

    Moonlight Hunter
    Hit Die
    d8

    Requirements
    Alignment: Any Neutral Non-Evil
    Base Attack Bonus: +5
    Deity: Umbriel
    Special: Animal Companion, Favored Enemy (Undead) or Favored Enemy (Lycanthrope)

    Class Skills
    The Moonlight Hunter's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

    Skill Points at Each Additional Level
    6 + Int modifier.

    Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Class Features
    1st +1 +0 +2 +2 Blessed Animal Companion, Moonlit Armament, Oath of Life
    2nd +2 +0 +3 +3 Skirmish (+1d6), Umbriel's Insight
    3rd +3 +1 +3 +3 Share Senses, Lunar Protection, Lesser
    4th +4 +1 +4 +4 Know Thine Enemy (Undead), Skirmish (+1d6, +1 AC)
    5th +5 +1 +4 +4 Tumbling Strike
    6th +6 +2 +5 +4 Skirmish (+2d6, +1 AC)
    7th +7 +2 +5 +5 Destructive Bolt
    8th +8 +2 +6 +6 Know Thine Enemy (Shapechanger), Skirmish (+2d6, +2 AC)
    9th +9 +3 +6 +6 Lunar Protection, Greater
    10th +10 +3 +7 +7 Hide in Plain Sight, Skirmish (+3d6, +2 AC)

    Class Features:
    All the following are Class Features of the Moonlight Hunter prestige class.

    Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
    Moonlight Hunters gain no armor or weapon proficiencies.

    Oath of Life (Ex)
    At 1st level, a Moonlight Hunter must swear an oath to Umbriel. If a Moonlight Hunter grossly violates their oath, or denounces their service to Umbriel, they lose the benefits of blessed animal companion, they lose proficiency with their Nightstalker Crossbow, and their Nightstalker Crossbow loses all magical properties.
    “I swear to hunt and destroy all undead. I will purge the blight of lycanthropy with silver. I will protect the living from my sworn enemies. I am the Moon’s chosen weapon, a bolt from the darkness. Let this be my oath, until I draw my final breath.”

    Blessed Animal Companion (Ex):
    At 1st level, a Moonlight Hunter’s animal companion is blessed by Umbriel. Your total character levels are considered druid levels for the purpose of determining the stats and abilities of your animal companion.

    Special: A Moonlight Hunter may not have an animal companion any larger than medium.

    Moonlit Armament (Ex):
    At 1st level, a Moonlight Hunter is gifted a +1 Nightstalker Crossbow from their order. A Moonlight Hunter is automatically proficient with Nightstalker Crossbows.

    Skirmish (Ex)
    At 2nd level, a Moonlight Hunter gains the Scout's skirmish ability and progression.

    Umbriel's Insight (Ex)
    At 2nd level, you may make a Knowledge (Religion) check (DC 15 + Creatures Hit Dice) to determine whether or not a creature is undead or a shapeshifter.

    Share Senses (Su)
    At 3rd level, a Moonlight Hunter gains the ability to see through their animal companion’s eyes and hear through their ears. You can do this a number of rounds per day equal to your intelligence score. In dire situations, a Moonlight Hunter may strain to keep the link open a number of rounds equal to their constitution modifier, but after the link ends they are fatigued for twice the amount of time they kept the link open.

    Lunar Protection, Lesser (Su)
    A 3rd level, Moonlight Hunters are immune to dominate and other mind effecting spells cast by creatures with the undead subtype. They also gain immunity to mummy rot and lycanthropy.

    Special: A vampire who attempts a blood drain attack on a Moonlight Hunter of 3rd level or higher, is treated as though it has been exposed to sunlight for one round.

    Know Thine Enemy (Ex)
    At 4th level, when attacking an undead enemy, a Moonlight Hunter adds their intelligence bonus (if any) to their attack and damage rolls against that enemy.

    At 8th level, this bonus applies to creatures with the Shapechanger subtype as well.

    Tumbling Strike (Ex)
    At 5th level, as a swift action, you make a DC 25 tumble check and tumble 10 feet in any direction. On your next attack, your enemy is considered flat footed.

    Destructive Bolt (Ex)
    At 7th level, when attacking an enemy who has been denied their dexterity bonus, a Moonlight Hunter can fire a bolt from an adjacent square with such for that it pushes them and has the chance to knock them prone.
    Roll a d4, this is the number of squares the opponent is pushed. The reflex save for being knocked prone is 10 + Moonlight Hunter level + Int modifier. If an opponent hits a wall, add 2 to the reflex save and the target takes an additional d6 of damage. After using Destructive Bolt, the Moonlight Hunter must wait three rounds before using the ability again.

    Lunar Protection, Greater (Su)
    A 9th level, Moonlight Hunters are immune to negative energy, ability damage, and ability drain.

    On the Hunt (Ex)
    At 10th level, 3 times per day and once per encounter, a Moonlight Hunter can enter a state of heightened consciousness. For 5 rounds, a Moonlight Hunter may take an extra attack, move up to twice their normal movement speed, and deal 50% extra damage to creatures with the undead or shapeshifter subtype. This effect does stack with haste.


    New Weapon
    Weapon: Nightstalker Crossbow
    Type: Exotic Two-Handed Ranged Weapon, Heavy Crossbow
    Critical: 20/x4
    Range Increment: 80ft
    Cost: 2,150gp
    Damage Type: Piercing
    Damage: 3d6
    Weight: 8 lbs
    Special: A Nightstalker Crossbow has a second barrel that holds a single wooden stake. This stake may be used from 5ft of range and deals 1d4 of damage, a critical hit with the stake drives it through the heart of any creature who is vulnerable to such an effect. In addition to its other attributes, all precision damage such as Sneak Attack and Skirmish, that is dealt using a Nightstalker Crossbow, cannot be resisted by Undead.

    Description:
    This enormous darkwood crossbow is decorated in ornate moonsilver metalwork designs. Firing such a weapon requires intense training and dedication. Hidden from the naked eye is a second barrel that holds a thick wooden stake, tipped with a sharpened moonsilver spike.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-07-24 at 09:50 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    Oooh, this one is fun!

    First off, this is a combat class and you gave it half BAB It would be better with full (it is a Ranger PrC after all), or at least average. Preferably full.

    Prerequisites are annoying because it requires two favored enemies.

    Having only Reflex as a good save is icky. Maybe a good Will save too?

    I'd add Knowledge (Religion) to the class list and add a 1st or 2nd level ability that allows a Moonlight Hunter to use K(Religion) to identify creatures with the shapechanger subtype.

    In addition, it may be a good idea to expand "lycanthropes" to "creatures with the shapechanger subtype", just so those aspects of the class come up more than once per campaign.

    This class feels like it's supposed to progress Animal Companion abilities. But it doesn't. It should. Don't make levels in Moonlight Hunter stack with the levels of the class that granted the AC, though; that's icky because it means rangers are stuck with the stupid half-progression. Have each level of Moonlight Hunter count as adding a level of druid for animal companion features (phrasing it as "Moonlight Hunter levels count as druid levels for determining the ability of an animal companion" prevents double-stacking and lets Wild Cohort entry work). Then a Ranger 6/Moonlight Hunter 10 is only three levels behind a druid companion-wise.

    Moonlight Armament should probably grant proficiency in this crossbow. Making them spend a feat to use one of their class features is dumb when said feat is EWP and the class isn't Exotic Weapon Master.

    Oath of Life exists in the table but not the text.

    Sight Link is a really nice ability. You may want to specify a duration for the fatigue effect. Maybe straining to maintain a Sight Link fatigues them for twice as long as the duration of that particular Link? I'd also add the ability to communicate with your animal companion telepathically while in the Link, and I'd also let the Moonlight Hunter hear through the AC's ears. You'll want to specify whether the Moonlight Hunter can still see and/or hear with their own senses while in the Link. I think they should be able to hear with their own ears and with the companion's, but only see with the companion's eyes.

    Know Thine Enemy is fun, situationally powerful, and in keeping with the class's theme. I like.

    Tumbling Strike is weird, since A) there are already rules for moving through a creature's space, B) this ability makes it hilariously easy to tumble through an enemy space.

    Destructive Bolt is pretty great, but I'd set the DC at 10 + Moonlight Hunter level + Int modifier.

    Lunar Protection doesn't do anything, because "has protection from [condition]" isn't a defined term. You might want to say immunity if that's what you mean.

    Hide in Plain Sight: Kind of a weak capstone. There should be something else here. Maybe a 1/day ability that lets a Moonlight Hunter of 10th level apply their Know Thine Enemy bonus against all enemies, doubles the Know Thine Enemy bonus against undead/shapechangers, and lets them take an additional 5-foot step per turn, with a duration of 1 minute?

    Nightstalker Crossbow: you should probably specify that it reloads like a heavy crossbow.

    Overall, I quite like it (except for the BAB issue and a few other hiccups), enough so that I'd play it. Lets me build a high-Int ranger with a 10 in Wisdom. Is it for your homebrew setting, or did you just make it for funsies?
    Last edited by Extra Anchovies; 2015-06-30 at 01:28 AM.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    I more or less second what Extra said, but with a few extra thoughts on the class:

    For Sight Link, you've noted that it can be used a number of rounds per day equal to your intelligence score. Which is great, but I just wanted to confirm that you didn't mean modifier, as with most class features.

    Know Thine Enemy is neat, but Rangers are already a little MAD as-is. What you're asking for is the Ranger to more or less give up on spellcasting - to wit, this PrC also has no spellcasting progression, so I can assume that's your intention. Makes me a little sad that I couldn't really effectively combine this class with a casting-focused Ranger, because it would be so cool with the fluff.

    Those are really the only gripes I have to add to Extra's list. He basically hit the nail on the head. This is a cool concept, and I would probably play it.

    EDIT: Oh, and Destructive Bolt has some issues. Mainly that anyone with Uncanny Dodge will be immune to its effects. You're far more likely to catch someone flat-footed.
    Last edited by Eno Remnant; 2015-06-30 at 09:02 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Oooh, this one is fun!
    Hooray! I did a good one!

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    First off, this is a combat class and you gave it half BAB It would be better with full (it is a Ranger PrC after all), or at least average. Preferably full.
    Do you think that would be fair? I thought, because they have skirmish, the Scout's progression was more fitting. But I'd prefer them to have full, obviously. BAB is now full.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Prerequisites are annoying because it requires two favored enemies.
    They're sort of important for the class... Hm. Should I remove the Lycanthrope? I've now changed it to one favored enemy, but it is either or.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Having only Reflex as a good save is icky. Maybe a good Will save too?
    I can do this. Done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    I'd add Knowledge (Religion) to the class list
    That sounds good. Added it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    add a 1st or 2nd level ability that allows a Moonlight Hunter to use K(Religion) to identify creatures with the shapechanger subtype.
    I'll think on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    In addition, it may be a good idea to expand "lycanthropes" to "creatures with the shapechanger subtype", just so those aspects of the class come up more than once per campaign.
    That is something I will definitely do. Done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    This class feels like it's supposed to progress Animal Companion abilities. But it doesn't. It should. Don't make levels in Moonlight Hunter stack with the levels of the class that granted the AC, though; that's icky because it means rangers are stuck with the stupid half-progression. Have each level of Moonlight Hunter count as adding a level of druid for animal companion features (phrasing it as "Moonlight Hunter levels count as druid levels for determining the ability of an animal companion" prevents double-stacking and lets Wild Cohort entry work). Then a Ranger 6/Moonlight Hunter 10 is only three levels behind a druid companion-wise.
    I messed up when I put the post up, but it should have read: "When determining the stats for your animal companion, your effective druid level is three levels lower than your character level."

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Moonlight Armament should probably grant proficiency in this crossbow. Making them spend a feat to use one of their class features is dumb when said feat is EWP and the class isn't Exotic Weapon Master.
    I put the proficiency in the class's weapon and armor proficiency, but I think they should get it with their class feature instead. Thanks for the tip! I did it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Oath of Life exists in the table but not the text.
    Fixed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Sight Link is a really nice ability. You may want to specify a duration for the fatigue effect. Maybe straining to maintain a Sight Link fatigues them for twice as long as the duration of that particular Link? I'd also add the ability to communicate with your animal companion telepathically while in the Link, and I'd also let the Moonlight Hunter hear through the AC's ears. You'll want to specify whether the Moonlight Hunter can still see and/or hear with their own senses while in the Link. I think they should be able to hear with their own ears and with the companion's, but only see with the companion's eyes.
    Maybe it should be "Share Senses"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Know Thine Enemy is fun, situationally powerful, and in keeping with the class's theme. I like.
    Woo! Score one for LP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Tumbling Strike is weird, since A) there are already rules for moving through a creature's space, B) this ability makes it hilariously easy to tumble through an enemy space.
    How can I fix this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Destructive Bolt is pretty great, but I'd set the DC at 10 + Moonlight Hunter level + Int modifier.
    That is fair. I'll do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Lunar Protection doesn't do anything, because "has protection from [condition]" isn't a defined term. You might want to say immunity if that's what you mean.
    I'll fix that. (I had just finished a rousing bout of magic. Haha)

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Hide in Plain Sight: Kind of a weak capstone. There should be something else here. Maybe a 1/day ability that lets a Moonlight Hunter of 10th level apply their Know Thine Enemy bonus against all enemies, doubles the Know Thine Enemy bonus against undead/shapechangers, and lets them take an additional 5-foot step per turn, with a duration of 1 minute?
    Hmmm. Sort of like a universal stat buff. I'll think on this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Nightstalker Crossbow: you should probably specify that it reloads like a heavy crossbow.
    Can do!

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Overall, I quite like it (except for the BAB issue and a few other hiccups), enough so that I'd play it. Lets me build a high-Int ranger with a 10 in Wisdom. Is it for your homebrew setting, or did you just make it for funsies?
    I am really glad this one didn't drop on it's face like the Skyborn Enforcer. (I've still got to go back through and fix that one/the life warden.) It makes me glad SOMEONE would play it, in fact, one of my players wanted to give it a crack too.

    It's for my homebrew setting, all eight of the prestige classes you'll see are. Including two (maybe three) base classes. I'll have to give you the run down on the setting sometime!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eno Remnant View Post
    For Sight Link, you've noted that it can be used a number of rounds per day equal to your intelligence score. Which is great, but I just wanted to confirm that you didn't mean modifier, as with most class features.
    It is definitely meant to last as long as your intelligence score. Not your modifier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eno Remnant View Post
    Know Thine Enemy is neat, but Rangers are already a little MAD as-is. What you're asking for is the Ranger to more or less give up on spellcasting - to wit, this PrC also has no spellcasting progression, so I can assume that's your intention. Makes me a little sad that I couldn't really effectively combine this class with a casting-focused Ranger, because it would be so cool with the fluff.
    With this class, a ranger can comfortably take a 10 Wisdom. The class isn't really a "nature and magic" class. It's more of a "crossbow and hellsing" class.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eno Remnant View Post
    Those are really the only gripes I have to add to Extra's list. He basically hit the nail on the head. This is a cool concept, and I would probably play it.
    That is really cool to hear. I'm glad this one went over fine, considering it is probably my favorite of the eight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eno Remnant View Post
    EDIT: Oh, and Destructive Bolt has some issues. Mainly that anyone with Uncanny Dodge will be immune to its effects. You're far more likely to catch someone flat-footed.
    Hmmm... I will look into it.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-30 at 10:27 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'll think on this.
    Otherwise they'd be using Knowledge (Local) to ID lycanthropes, because they're still humanoids.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I messed up when I put the post up, but it should have read: "When determining the stats for your animal companion, your effective druid level is three levels lower than your character level."
    Hm. Sounds good. I think there might be an issue in that it could set your Druid level lower than it would be if you'd added 10 levels of druid (e.g. Mystic Ranger/Beastmaster entry). Not sure how to fix that, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    How can I fix this?
    I'm not sure. It's a melee-range ability on a primarily ranged-focused class (skirmish is best at range, after all). Maybe instead let them move 10 feet in any direction as a swift action by making a DC 20 or 25 Tumble check?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Hmmm. Sort of like a universal stat buff. I'll think on this.
    The specific example I listed was an attempt to emulate Vayne's ultimate (increased attack damage, more movement speed), so I think it would be fitting. I realized that it should be 3/day, though, because 1/day abilities is not how you make martials good.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I am really glad this one didn't drop on it's face like the Skyborn Enforcer. (I've still got to go back through and fix that one/the life warden.) It makes me glad SOMEONE would play it, in fact, one of my players wanted to give it a crack too.
    Yeah, this one is pretty great.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    It's for my homebrew setting, all eight of the prestige classes you'll see are. Including two (maybe three) base classes. I'll have to give you the run down on the setting sometime!
    You should! It would also be cool if you ran a PbP in the setting so I could try it out for myself, but you don't need to do that anytime soon. I'm kind of in six other play-by-posts right now, two of which have you in them (I'm also in three games with Snowbluff).
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Otherwise they'd be using Knowledge (Local) to ID lycanthropes, because they're still humanoids.
    Yeah, I think you have a point. Umbriel (the deity that blesses this class) is opposed to the undead and lycanthropy, so it would be fitting if he gave them that ability. Detect Undead and Lycanthropy is a little too powerful probably...

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Hm. Sounds good. I think there might be an issue in that it could set your Druid level lower than it would be if you'd added 10 levels of druid (e.g. Mystic Ranger/Beastmaster entry). Not sure how to fix that, though.
    Maybe it would be better to just say "Your total character levels are counted as druid levels for the purpose of determining the stats and abilities of your animal companion"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    I'm not sure. It's a melee-range ability on a primarily ranged-focused class (skirmish is best at range, after all). Maybe instead let them move 10 feet in any direction as a swift action by making a DC 20 or 25 Tumble check?
    That would be good. What if it read "As a swift, you make a DC 25 tumble check and tumble 10 feet in any direction, on your next attack your enemy is considered flat footed." That could emulate the stealth roll mechanic Vayne does and boost ONE attack. Or would it be better to just give them an extra 10 ft? I'd say this should be usable once ever 1d4 rounds if I used the language I just suggested...

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    The specific example I listed was an attempt to emulate Vayne's ultimate (increased attack damage, more movement speed), so I think it would be fitting. I realized that it should be 3/day, though, because 1/day abilities is not how you make martials good.
    I see. I think I agree with you... I'll work that up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Yeah, this one is pretty great.
    I am really glad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    You should! It would also be cool if you ran a PbP in the setting so I could try it out for myself, but you don't need to do that anytime soon. I'm kind of in six other play-by-posts right now, two of which have you in them (I'm also in three games with Snowbluff).
    I'd actually really like that. It would help me iron some kinks out. It has completely redone races and is 3.5 based with PF support.

    I'm in three PbP games right now I think... All with Snowbluff and two with you. That's a lot of PbP. Once Barbary Corsairs and my Myth-Weavers one dies down I'd be better off to DM one.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    That would be good. What if it read "As a swift, you make a DC 25 tumble check and tumble 10 feet in any direction, on your next attack your enemy is considered flat footed." That could emulate the stealth roll mechanic Vayne does and boost ONE attack. Or would it be better to just give them an extra 10 ft? I'd say this should be usable once ever 1d4 rounds if I used the language I just suggested...
    I like the suggested wording, since it lets them get their skirmish damage without any fancy Travel Devotion shenanigans. A 1/1d4 rds limit would be unnecessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'm in three PbP games right now I think... All with Snowbluff and two with you. That's a lot of PbP. Once Barbary Corsairs and my Myth-Weavers one dies down I'd be better off to DM one.
    Three is a lot? I just mentioned six (and one via skype, and one in-person, for a total of eight)
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    is there any chance to use under barrel stake launcher as grenade launcher with 15 ft range maybe as an upgrade so we can deal little bit more damage when the ghouls call for it( plus its good way to deliver holly water to vampire

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    Hm. khadgar's suggestion gave me an idea. Maybe a critical hit with the with the Nightstalker Crossbow's stake launcher counts as driving a stake through a creature's heart for the purposes of vulnerability to that effect?
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    I like the suggested wording, since it lets them get their skirmish damage without any fancy Travel Devotion shenanigans. A 1/1d4 rds limit would be unnecessary.
    I'll update the wording. You don't think that putting a limit on it would eliminate players taking advantage of Destructive Bolt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Three is a lot? I just mentioned six (and one via skype, and one in-person, for a total of eight)
    I meant your six was a lot. I play in three PbP, I DM at a table, and I play at a table. So I've got five...

    Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    is there any chance to use under barrel stake launcher as grenade launcher with 15 ft range maybe as an upgrade so we can deal little bit more damage when the ghouls call for it( plus its good way to deliver holly water to vampire
    That's probably a bit much, but I'll work on fancifying it for you. I'm sure a DM would allow you to do fancy upgrades if they were cool enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Hm. khadgar's suggestion gave me an idea. Maybe a critical hit with the with the Nightstalker Crossbow's stake launcher counts as driving a stake through a creature's heart for the purposes of vulnerability to that effect?
    That sounds fair. I'll do that.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'll update the wording. You don't think that putting a limit on it would eliminate players taking advantage of Destructive Bolt?
    A cooldown would probably be more appropriate on Destructive Bolt than on Tumbling Strike. Maybe once per 3 rounds with Destructive Bolt? I don't like random cooldowns.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    LoyalPaladin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mount Celestia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Moonlight Hunter (Prestige Class) (PEACH)

    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A cooldown would probably be more appropriate on Destructive Bolt than on Tumbling Strike. Maybe once per 3 rounds with Destructive Bolt? I don't like random cooldowns.
    Hmm. That would be fair. I'll do that.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

    Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

    Check out my Celestial Compendium!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •