New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Immortalize your name in bees

Wannbees. I will think of something for this.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Wannbees. I will think of something for this.

Debby
    Template for an insane creature that wears a bee suit in hopes of being adopted by the hive?
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

You could stat out Eric The Half-A-Bee..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlrsqGal64w

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Bee Bop a Lula : the ground under your feet spring thousand of itching darts , you can't do nothing except suffer the pain of the stings, unaware people think you entered into dancing frenzy.

Beestie Boys : you start singing like a rapper , with lot of nonsense rhymes, people around you affected by a sonic stunning effect.

beet it : your skin turns gray and you look like a skinny zombie with a hat. undeads cannot sense you. Liches and vampires even laugh at you and resume their tasks.

mister Been : your victims loose 95% of their INT , CHA and Dex for 2 rounds and act like idiots.
    my color
    Spoiler
    Show

My Class
    Spoiler
    Show

my gestalt heavy damage backstabber build

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bee Mine
    Enchantment (Charm) [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Brd 6, Trickery 8, Sor/Wiz 8
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Range: 0 ft.; see text
    Target: One creature; see text
    Duration: See text
    Saving Throw: Will partial; see text
    Spell Resistance: No

You stab the bee stinger material component into a willing subject before placing it somewhere in your space (a bee stinger is subject to gravity, though other spells may be cast on it to levitate it, for example). You then speak aloud the conditions to trigger the bee mine.

Conditions for triggering the bee mine include: come within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet without speaking a password; come within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet; a verbal command (set by the caster and triggered by whoever speaks it); a mental command (again, set by the caster and triggered by whoever forcefully gives the command); enter the bee mine's space; speak to the willing subject of the spell while within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet; look at the willing subject of the spell while they are within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet; touch the willing subject of the spell while they are within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet; attack the willing subject of the spell while they are within a predetermined radius of no more than 400 feet. You may specify multiple trigger conditions as long as they do not conflict with each other.

A number of creatures equal to your caster level may be specified to never trigger the bee mine even if they meet its trigger conditions. The specified creatures need not be present upon casting the spell, but they must be identified aloud (though not necessarily by name).

A bee mine remains in place indefinitely or until triggered, at which point the stinger will embed itself into the first creature other than the willing subject of the spell to trigger it. If multiple creatures trigger the bee mine at the same time, the bee mine attempts to stab the closest target. If all creatures triggering the mine are equidistant to the bee mine, it randomly determines which to target (for five equidistant creatures triggering the bee mine at the same time, for example, use a d6, where a result of 6 means roll again).

Upon embedding itself into a creature, the bee mine injects pheromones from the willing subject of the spell, immediately changing the creature's attitude toward the willing subject to fanatic on a failed save, regardless of the creature's previous attitude. While the willing subject technically gains no direct control over the target's mind, the target can be easily and readily directed as those of fanatic status can be. Unlike the fanatic attitude's normal duration, this spell's effect is permanent. Even on a successful Will save, the target's attitude toward the willing subject still becomes fanatic for 1 round, after which point its attitude returns to normal and it acts normally. While it may be difficult to lower the target's attitude toward the willing subject, it is possible. Continuous maltreatment or neglect may lower the target's attitude eventually, though it should take quite some time.

Immunity to mind-affecting spells and effects will prevent the bee mine from working, but until the stinger is removed (via dispel magic, break enchantment, or a DC 30 Heal check that takes 10 minutes to complete), the target is still subject to the bee mine's effects should its mind-affecting immunity falter (it makes its Will save as soon as its immunity drops). Once a bee mine has worked its magic, there is no way to reverse its effects except through the wish or miracle spells or divine intervention.

Upon the target's death, its default attitude toward the willing subject becomes indifferent. Even if the target is brought back from death, its attitude remains indifferent until otherwise influenced again.

Material Component
    A bee stinger.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

That was awesome
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

You can use my honey dragon if you like. It looks like a giant bee. Doh and the amber bee too. See links in my signature.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-17 at 09:24 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just came to say that this is my favorite thread.
    Like RPGs? Like free stuff? Check out RPG-a-Month by Archfossil! Every month a new game and additional content and updates for the games already active.

RPG-a-Month for May : ACE - Assault, Control, Espionage

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Wannabee Template

Wannabees come from a myriad of backgrounds, but they have one thing in common—they want the power of bees. To aid in that endeavor, they tend to dress in garish black and yellow costumes and drone incessantly about the importance of bees.

CREATING A WANNABEE

Wannabee is an acquired template that can be applied to any Fey, Giant, Humanoid, and Monstrous Humanoid that has an intelligence less than 10.

Size and Type: As base creature.

Speed: If they do not have a flight speed, wannabees gain a set of undersized translucent wings and can fly at double their land speed (minimum 10 feet) with a maneuverability of Clumsy.

Natural Armor: Wannabees gain +1 Natural Armor.

Special Attack: Wannabees gain the following.

If I Bee Waspish (with apologies to William Shakespeare) (Ex): Wannabees gain a secondary stinger attack that deals 1d4 points of damage plus ½ Strength modifier (minimum 1). Once the stinger has been used, it takes 1 week to grow back. A stingerless wannabee takes a -2 morale penalty to attack rolls until its stinger grows back.

Best Beeware My Sting (with further apologies to William Shakespeare) (Su): Despite their diminished mental capacity, wannabees can deliver barbs so sharp, they can cut an opponent to the quick. By merely humming, a wannabee can cause all opponents within 30 feet that can hear it to take a -4 penalty to all rolls. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ the wannabee’s HD + wannabee’s charisma modifier) reduces the penalty to -2.

Skills: Wannabees gain Profession (beekeeper) as a class skill. This gives them a +2 Insight bonus on all rolls when dealing with a swarm of bees, giant bees, giant wasps, and abeils.

Special Qualities: Wannabees gain the following.

Honey Dependent (Ex): Each wannabee is mystically bound to a single pot of honey and must never stray more than 300 yards from it. Any who do become ill and die within 4d6 hours. A wannabee’s pot of honey does not radiate magic. A pot of honey has 3 hit points and hardness 2. A broken honey pot is easily repaired with a mending spell or with sovereign glue.

Challenge Rating: Same as base creature +1

Level Adjustment: Same as base creature +1

Oh and in case you hadn't seen this before -- BEEFORGED: http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Beeforged_(3.5e_Template)

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-17 at 07:08 AM. Reason: added beeforged

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusapult View Post
    I just came to say that this is my favorite thread.
    Thanks!! It's always heartening to hear I've made someone happy.

Will have some stuff up shortly
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Why are the Wannabees honey dependent?
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Because they wannabe bees and because I couldn't get Winnie the Pooh's honey pot outa my head. Voila!

Debby

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Shoudlnt their stinger be poison?
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Nope, after all they're just wannabees. They are neither swarms nor giant vermin. They don't die when they use their stinger either. However, evil wannabes could coat their stinger in poison.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-07-22 at 10:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Going with some ideas from Terraria:
    Beenade - a throwable weapon resulting in a swarm of bees being released in the area it hits.
    The Bee's Knees - a bow that turns arrows into a group of bees that home in on nearby enemies.
    Bee Keeper - a sword that releases bees when hitting an enemy.
    Sweetheart Necklace - a necklace looking like a honey-covered heart that releases bees when the wearer is struck.
    Hive Pack - a special backpack that increases the power of your bees.

And of course a monster called an Abeemination.
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2015-07-23 at 06:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

I will prolly need some monsters to round out Summon Bee I-IX

Okay the main thread is here: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.0

Please do not fret, I have not put up everything, and what is up is a skeletal framework. Please be patient and I will finish stuff/add content.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2015-07-24 at 01:27 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I will prolly need some monsters to round out Summon Bee I-IX

Okay the main thread is here: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=15697.0

Please do not fret, I have not put up everything, and what is up is a skeletal framework. Please be patient and I will finish stuff/add content.
    That is the most beeyewtiful thing I have ever seen.
    My Homebrew:
    3 Elemental Feats
    Vgilmat, the race of little giants (with accompanying archetypes and feats)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hyperbobee (Lesser, Greater Variants?) generic buff, stuff of tall tales, maybe a bonus to a single skill check instead

"I swear man he literally jumped 50 feet"
    "You mean figuratively"
    "No, he seriously jumped 50 feet"

Beelong: Treated as a long creature (or maybe a quadruped, better bonuses)
    Alternately: Cast it to make something else last longer?
    Feat: Feeling of Beelonging: Whenever a creature within 10' would gain a competence bonus to a check, you gain it also
    eh, would have to check for balance

Beenign: Remove status effects?

Befogged: Obscuring Mist of PAIN!

Beeheaded: You gain antenna and 360 vision?

Beefoul: Poison stuff with honey

Edit: I clearly need either more or less coffee
    Last edited by The Mentalist; 2015-07-27 at 09:13 AM.
    Having trouble writing up hard stat blocks but I'm doing a lot of sharing ideas and soft mechanics lately.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

The wasps may have their sting, but Spelling Bees cast fireball.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

I will be adding the Beevur: aquatic bees which leap from the water and head slap people with their beaver tails.
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by StandardDeviant View Post
    The wasps may have their sting, but Spelling Bees cast fireball.
    Bonus points if the player/DM acts out the verbal components to their spells. Although the spell will fail if they get the letters wrong of course.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    Beelzebub, Demon Lord of Bees. Keep track of monsters you encounter in a Beestiary. You could also craft a type of fizzy mead and call it Bee-r
    By that token, Beenoghu, the god of half-bees half-gnolls, and Nezrebee, his gnoll-bee consort.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrdman View Post
    Ab-BEE-rant - psychic bee from beyond
    Almost. the Ab-BEE-rant type is from the BEEyond
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    Playing Thorn in Knee Breakers

more

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

I plan for update to the Minmax thread this week. Got the spells that aren't homebrew finally listed in Bee Magic. I hope to finish the first round of bee monsters/spells, and at some point add the Demiplane of Beees.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Late for the party, but maybe you can call Buzzuzu?

Also, a spell:
    Buzzkill
    Universal
    Level: Sor/Wiz 9, Clr 9, Drd 9, Anthopila 9
    Components: XP
    Casting Time: 1 immediate action
    Range: Unlimited
    Duration: Instantaneous

End the round

XP Cost
    1000 XP
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

I dunno about that costing 1000 XP. Time Stop doesn't cost that much XP, and oh hey that could be cast at the end of a time stop.

more

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.ph...2328#msg282328

With the exception of Beerly Bee-Loved, the first round of critters is done. Before I finish fluff/cr/la I thought I'd ask for some feedback.
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Change "Beewere's are bees..." to Beeweres. The former uses the apostrophe in posessive, when it is wanted for plural. Use "Beeweres" any time you use the name in plural (like you did in the hive mind entry).

Under Combat, change to: "Combat: Beeweres generally try to..."

Edit: CR seems to be about 3 or so. I'd up their HD, as that curse can be nasty for low-levels and would warrant a good harasser-like monster.

Natural weapon has no listed damage. Cant deliver injury poison without damage.

What is the ability score used for the poison DC? Also, 10 is a decent DC but easily beatable/ removable. I'd make it a natural poison with a DC 12 or so.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2015-08-05 at 06:32 PM.

more

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ~Corvus~ View Post

Natural weapon has no listed damage. Cant deliver injury poison without damage.

What is the ability score used for the poison DC? Also, 10 is a decent DC but easily beatable/ removable. I'd make it a natural poison with a DC 12 or so.
    It does 1 point of damage plus poison, as stated in the statblock.

Save DC for poison is always con based unless it specifically says otherwise.
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Beewere's melee attack is off. BAB +1, size modifier +8, weapon finesse uses Dex +5 = + 14 not +8.

Beethrope is just a werebee isn't it? CR +2, LA +2 looks about right. Can they make honey? What about royal jelly and beeswax?

Love what you're doing with Beerly Beeloved. Can you add honey mead addiction?

Rules for inebriation are pretty simple; See Cityscape pg. 44.

A PC can safely consume a number of drinks per hour (a "drink" counts as a tankard of ale, a glass of wine or a shot of the hard stuff) equal to one-half his Constitution score. One drink's effects wear off in an hour. Whenever a character imbibes more than that limit, he must attempt a Constitution check. The DC starts at 15 and increases by 1 point per additional drink. PCs with saving throw bonuses against poison (such as dwarves) can apply them to this Constitution check.

Each failed Constitution check imposes a -1 penalty to Dexterity and Wisdom (but does not actually reduce those ability scores) and a cumulative -1 penalty on Constitution checks to avoid further inebriation. A character's effective Dexterity and Wisdom can't fall below 1 due to inebriation. The character's actual Constitution score (and hit points) remains unchanged. A character passes out when the penalty on Constitution checks equals his Constitution score. He remains unconscious for 2d4 hours and is fatigued when he awakens but the temporary penalties end.
    Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-08-06 at 07:36 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

The Beewere's do honey and such, though the beecanthropes may assist. Mostly Beecanthropes are their largely unnoticed pawns in the human world.

Anything you want for Beerly Bee-Loved other than Bee-r Addiction, Bee-r Brewing and Affectionate Nature?
    Orcs and Goblins