A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 116
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Planescape - No Clue


    Another day has passed, and once again you have fought the good fight and returned wiser, stronger and richer.

    You are regathering your strength at the Of Course Tavern, where your dear old friend Gwendalf has asked you to meet him. The old man was always a good friend, mentor and employer to you, and each of you got where you are now pretty much thanks to his guidance and help.

    The old wizard seemed worried, but also excited, last you spoke to him. You remember him saying the Of Course was the closest tavern to his secluded home.
    As you enter the tavern, there's no Gwendalf to be found. After waiting for at least an hour, you overhear the following conversation:

    "Hey, Ranph, did ya hear 'bout Farnie and Jeya? Them and Cari went out to that old wizard's place, you know, the one everyone says is crazy..."

    "Sure, 'n' I heard that they was just looking 'around to have some fun, but the wizard wasn't there, it seems, and they musta tripped something, 'cause they heard this great big roaring outta this secret room.
    Then Cari disappeared. Jeya and Farnie took off from there, and who wouldn't?"

    "Y'bet I would! Where'd they go to?"

    "They're hidin' now, afraid somethin's gonna come after'em."


    A few locals gather 'round Ranph and his pal to join in the discussion, tossing off chant about the mound, that the wizard was always good to them, but he did conduct crazy experiments, some even dangerous, and speculating about what Farnie and Jeya might have "tripped", before moving on to other news of the burg.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    A good looking fellow, Gaius sits back in his chair, where he's sat for the last hour, flirting with the barmaid, as he often does, and enjoying some decent ale, at an excellent price. He cuts quite a striking figure, flamboyantly leaning back in his chair, with a broad rimed, feathered hat on his head, and dark leather armor on, rather than his more standard loose silk shirts.
    After hearing the conversation, he looks at the others.
    "Well, sounds like Gwendalf isn't going to be coming here; Sounds like he's gotten himself into trouble, and that Cari's, presumably, caught up in the middle of it as well."
    After he finishes speaking, he takes another sip of his ale, before he continues.
    "Sounds like we should be investigating, really. Gwendalf's been pretty good to us, all things considered, and it would be most uncouth to leave a damsel in distress..."
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2015-07-09 at 06:52 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Planescape, Center of All
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Illaria Stormwind, Expeditionary Travelers
    Adeya Uweya, Crash Landed

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Smaragdine, a slight, then frame of a human, was barely paying attention, instead trying to visualize how many bar stools he could stack on each other while STILL being able to place some of the empty bar mugs on top of the structure.

    "...weight distribution... even across surface... can't forget glass density... liquid beer slickness must be taken into effect..." Smaragdine mumbled to himself, lost in thought. Then, upon suddenly realizing the entire conversation around him at once, he piped up.

    "Wait, did you say Gwendalf? I do so appreciate all the help he has given me in my studies. It's fascinating the properties on both light and the psyche simple magical manipulation can provide..."

    His face scrunches up in discerning thought. "A loud boom, you say? This could be caused by a number of things. Unstable reagents, improper spell forms, disruptive mundane influences... did I ever mention the time my first transmutation spell circle was crossed by a common mouse scuttling by? That walking banana chased after cheese for weeks before being eaten."

    "I'm unsure what Gwendalf's latest research was... what could it be? What could have caused it..."
    Smaragdine, using absolutely zero context, tries to figure out what could be wrong.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show

    Arcane Skill Check (1d20+6)[17]
    (Possible disadvantage roll, if deemed necessary) (1d20+6)[25]
    Last edited by Fast Jimmy; 2015-07-09 at 08:10 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Gaius laughs at Wenge's reaction.
    "Wenge, for someone who's really smart, you're not too good at seeing the big picture. We're going to head up to his home, so... you'll get the chance to see... no need to ask."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Planescape, Center of All
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Illaria Stormwind, Expeditionary Travelers
    Adeya Uweya, Crash Landed

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Smaragdine's eyes light up.

    "Yes... yes! An investigation! We shall determine root cause through our thorough review of the facts."

    The rogue seems quite smug that he put all of this together.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Gaius shrugs.
    "Maybe, but if Cari vanished, then I'm thinking Gwendalf is in the same place, and, whatever that route was, it, presumably, was still open, so it might still be open. We might be going, well... anywhere. But we won't do it sitting here."
    He looks around, catching everyone's eyes.
    "Everyone ready? This should be an interesting trip."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Planescape, Center of All
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Illaria Stormwind, Expeditionary Travelers
    Adeya Uweya, Crash Landed

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Aye. Orsik grunts in affirmation. We'll go to rescue the old coot.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Mona stood off to the side, listening, but not participating. When Wenge finally suggested some action, she nodded silently. Mona wasn't much of a talker. Or planner.
    Last edited by Estralita; 2015-07-09 at 10:52 AM.
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    The door to the tavern burst open gales of laughter roll in followed by Undoru and some locals, all wiping their eyes and slapping each other on the back.

    "Never fear, Never fear lads... ye won, even if ye winning were not fair and square. No doubt I could have lifted that donkey over my head in one try, if ye had not made me laugh at the critical moment! Drink up, ye serpents! Barkeep! a round of your most watery ale for these unworthy lads."

    Then his eyes narrow as he senses the mood of his companions. "What's wrong mates? Ye seem even more dour than usual."
    Last edited by eleazzaar; 2015-07-09 at 11:07 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Gaius just looks over at Undoru, still leaning back in his chair, clearly a man(Or a half elf) at ease. His voice is laconic.
    "Guessing you lost the strength contest? Gwendalf seems to be missing, as is a fine young lady. Might need your strength for more than just a contest."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Planescape, Center of All
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Illaria Stormwind, Expeditionary Travelers
    Adeya Uweya, Crash Landed

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage1 View Post
    "Guessing you lost the strength contest? Gwendalf seems to be missing, as is a fine young lady. Might need your strength for more than just a contest."
    "Lost? There's no loosing among ye friends when good times are had by all."

    "But, Gweldalf, the old stick, is in trouble?"
    He raises a tatooed eybrow.

    "Well it's about time that we get a chance to pull him out of the soup, for a change! Where's Ember? Let us depart!"
    Last edited by eleazzaar; 2015-07-09 at 11:40 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Smaragdine, Human Arcane Trickster

    Smaragdine has gone back muttering to himself, lost in thought.

    "So many possibilities... could he have been making a new spell? Or modifying an existing spell? What could go "boom" if meddled with...? Not-So-Delayed Blast Fireball? Overly Gassy Geas? Warding Glyph: Exploding Prunes...?

    ...so many possibilities... so many ways to go boom..."
    Smaragdine's muttering becomes too low to make out any longer.
    Last edited by Fast Jimmy; 2015-07-09 at 11:44 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    After listening to her comrades discuss their options amongst one another Ember finally decides to chime in "He's an old geezer... maybe he just got lost in the woods or something" she said almost rolling her eyes I never much cared for the man anyway... she thought to herself taking a sip of ale, her fiery hair lighting up the area around her. An eerie warmth filling the area as she spoke.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    He's helped us before. Least we can do is check it out. Orsik glares a bit at the genasi, angry that she would be so ready to give up on a companion.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Ember mutters to herself, ignoring the glare. She sighs and finishes her ale "Fine, we save the old man... Wouldn't want something else to kill him before time does" she rises to her feet and with a gesture of her hand, motions to the door.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Gaius, seeing that everyone was ready to go, lets his chair come down to rest on all four legs, before he stands, and casually downs the rest of his ale, and starts heading towards the door, clearly expecting everyone to follow. Once he arrives, he courteously holds it open, with a charming smile.
    "Ladies, of course, go first."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Planescape, Center of All
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Illaria Stormwind, Expeditionary Travelers
    Adeya Uweya, Crash Landed

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Orsik follows Gaius, stopping on the brink of stepping outside when he says "Ladies first". Right then, get going, Gaius-I'll hold the door. he says with a chuckle.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Gaius graces him with a smile.
    "Oh, no my dear, you go ahead. You'll get chances to follow later, don't worry."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Planescape, Center of All
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Illaria Stormwind, Expeditionary Travelers
    Adeya Uweya, Crash Landed

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Mona silently rolled her eyes before exiting.
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Jan 2013

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Ember likewise follows behind Mona shaking her head at Gaius.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Gaius seems only to grin even more broadly, before following, walking so as to give Orsik a good view.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Planescape, Center of All
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Illaria Stormwind, Expeditionary Travelers
    Adeya Uweya, Crash Landed

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Buncha dunderheads, you lot are. Orsik mutters as he walks out, letting the door close behind him.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Your spirit raised by drinks and donkey-lifting, you set out; the sky is bright and remains clear during your uneventful trip to the wizard's home. The local animals you see seem focused in doing what local animals do to keep things lively and loud. Birds scold each other and insects hum lazily in the undergrowth.

    As you approach the wizard's mound, you seem to notice some unusual claw tracks: evidence that a creature not quite natural has been this way not too long before.

    The tracks lead right past the old house, clearly visible from the trail.

    You have a decision to make: ignore the tracks for now and head to the wizard's home, or follow the tracks and be back later.
    Last edited by bardanicer; 2015-07-09 at 07:28 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Astral Seal!

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Right, I say we split the party. Half of us follow the tracks, half go to the home.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

    Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Gaius shakes his head.
    "Nah... if whatever happened in his home is still going, then it's probably going to keep going, until something changes. But... a more important question: Can any of you actually follow tracks, if this creature stops leaving blatantly obvious tracks?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Planescape, Center of All
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Illaria Stormwind, Expeditionary Travelers
    Adeya Uweya, Crash Landed

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Mona shrugged. "Never done tracking, but I've got pretty good eyesight"
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Gaius smiles once more.
    "Well then, in that case, my lady, lead on."
    He gestures broadly in the direction of the tracks.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Planescape, Center of All
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Illaria Stormwind, Expeditionary Travelers
    Adeya Uweya, Crash Landed

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Smaragdine Wenge, Human Arcane Trickster

    "...Ballisitic Magic Missile... Tasha's Hideous Slaughter... so many ways to go boo-"

    Smaragdine stopped in his tracks. His eyes snapped to the trail and immediately began to analyze it in earnest, gleaning what information he could from them.

    Spoiler: Action
    Show

    Investigation Check (1d20+9)[26]
    Last edited by Fast Jimmy; 2015-07-09 at 08:08 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    @Smaragdine Wenge
    You identify two different sets of tracks. You are certain these were made by two creatures of the same species,one bigger than the other ...you cant seem to determine which creature,though - the footprints look like mammal paws,but at the same time, like bird claws...

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Planescape - No Clue

    Mona turned to examine the tracks, and more importantly, where they were going.

    Spoiler: Survival Check
    Show
    Stupid tracking not running off Perception

    (d20+3)[5]
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •