Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default [LS] Revelations of Rain - Act I [Autonomous State of Barionheim]

The Town of D'Alice (World-Betwixt) - Barionheim
    The Goldwalk; Outside of D'Alice - 7:20 AM, Wednesday
    Arc: 1 - Bloody August

...The Hand Of A Righteous Man
    They came into the world in a cloud of blue mist. It felt like they had traveled for a day, the sun was high in the sky. The country was a beautiful hilly place. They stood in a green forested expanse, a large well-maintained stone path 10 ft wide stretched forward some 90 ft, then turned left and around a large hill and led down behind the hill and out of sight. The Goldwalk was populated by many trader stalls on either side, men in various well maintained robes and fine uniforms stood about, silver woven cords hung from their left arm with various badges, seals similar to Rymont's coin were fastened like brooches holding their cloaks or capes together over their uniforms. They were Magisters...

Many of them laid out on the grass on either side, enjoying the sun. Others milled about the stalls, talking with one another. The air seemed to hold a golden hue and a certain merriment. A number of non-uniformed people walked about as well. A few Magisters in black uniforms and golden ceremonial cords with badges showing a winged sword walked about, guiding those around them, providing directions.

The appearances, races and colors of the Magisters seemed to vary widely. Men and creature from various walks of life. The strange group that formed the party didn't stand out as much as they would have thought, with the exception of Z'Ress and Theresia, the youngest person visible. Some of the Magisters walked with strange demonic creatures at their side similar to Luna, horned, winged with tail and talon, scantly clad. No Magister seemed to be unaccompanied, with a similarly dressed person at their side with an identical Badge, their Steward's. The traders sold a number of different wares, some of them sold strange glass tokens and crystals, which seemed all the more common, another vendor sold various strange items, most of which appeared to be staves and refined cuts of wood shaped into weapons or wands, the last vendor of note was a short man who leaned on his table as if bored, a number of strange and colorful Bolts in small wood and glass display cases. There was strange shapes they had never seen before. Bolts that appeared to be made of some twisted black glass and metal jacketing, others with colorful green hued steel. It was a strange place. They could see a number of the black robed Magisters giving directions, the town was ahead another half mile.

This was The Goldwalk... the entrance to D'Alice, a town tucked away in the reclusive forests of the State of Barionheim Proper. Or so a man off to the side explained to his Steward, a young Magister, short and slightly plump. A Halfling. It had been a long time since they had seen a familiar race, or so it seemed. The realization came then to them, of just who Magister Rymont was...

The absolute authority and founder of not only The Academy and The University, but of the very State. They could only wonder what the future held in store for them as they looked upon the faces around them, filled with hope and zeal. A world that seemed so different from the constant pain and failure's that had seemed to pursue them no matter how far they ran... Perhaps this was their chance to start over. Or so they hoped.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [LS] Revelations of Rain - Act I [Autonomous State of Barionheim]

Aiko, Daughter of White

For the priestess, the contrast wasn't that large, in fact - that with her managing to miss most of the darker sides of the World Betwixt. Still, her natural ability to see and appreciate beauty wasn't for nothing either, and the young woman practically danced around, peeking at every bit that picked her interest. Still, she tried not to get afar from the others, just in case... nor to delay them, since, after all, that was only a road towards the town - and Aiko was eager to set her sight at the town proper.
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Lu'naus'Fel

****The World-Betwixt****

Caught off guard by the sudden arrival of a new voice inside of their head, Eris is the first to react, speaking aloud on instinct. "Uh, hello, Kali...I suppose...you should tell me how your basic functions operate and what you're capable of." Figuring she's not too disimilar from a sentient weapon of her home, at least in basic principle, they look toward Rymont. "That will probably be for the best, so we'll keep her on those...settings," she says, unfamiliar with that use of the term. Kestal, however, has other ideas as her voice takes on a flirtatious tone and she tries to 'speak' to Kali. "Hello there. Nice to meet you Kali."

As the duo laugh at Luna's pronunciation, the older Child gives in to a childish impulse and playfully sticks out her tongue in retaliation.

****D'Alice****

To Lady Black, "In that case, if we only have four days, then there is no time to waste. We'll hurry Theresia home now, and then return to Mother ourselves as soon as we can. Thank you, Lady Black..."She pauses momentarily, hesitation clear in her voice before she continues, "or should we call you Sister?"

Looking around at the vendors, Luna was about to begin browsing...Eris; the items being hawked, Kestal; the scantily clad demons and demi-humans. They quickly disillusion themselves of those ideas however. "We should hurry." Seeing as many people around as there are, Eris does her best to telepathically explain what Lady Black said without saying her name. "In short, we have four days until the Barionheim entrance examinations. We want to try and study under her until then. The two of you aren't allowed to come with us, but that may be for the best. We'll learn what we can under her in the time we have, and the two of you can get the teachings offered here. After the four days are up, the three of us will return here and she said she was willing to help you along too while she could. We can share notes and all try to enter Barionheim together."
    Lilith Avatar by AsteriskAmp

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .
    Setsuna by Kymme | Desril by Wolfshonor | Eruvia (no background) by Oneris

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Nadia Vorns, the Reborn Drake

Nadia let out the breath that she had unconsciously been holding has she looks around. At least this didn't looks like a trap. She saw the group of men giving directions, and decided that she should at least get to work on why they had come here. Approaching them, she speaks.
    "Excuse me, but my friends and I were told that there were schools here that could teach people new to the area some of the basics of how things work. Could you help us with that?"
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

She could feel Lady Black's affirmation as the connection went quiet. They had four days... As that thought begun to sink in and she explained the situation, the group spread apart, with Z'Ress and Theresia walking with Aiko looking at the people and shops. Nadia moved forward to one of the Magisters in black. He nodded at the Weaver, "Yes, there are a number of programs and facilities available. Please continue forward, it is another half-mile into D'Alice. You will see more of The Academy Guard as you make your way to town, they will direct you to the Education Office. If you can't find your way, speak to any of The Guard and we'll assist you."

While the response was delayed, Kali's voice replied in return. 'My apologizes <<Master>> It is a pleasure to meet you. I was running an audit on our current configurations to see what our available capabilities are.' Current <<Orders>> have been changed from <<Standby>> to <<Defend & Assist>> - Currently we have no Bolts loaded; <<Bolt Selection:: None>> - 'Please allow me to bring up X CALIBER's Dashboard'

<<Orders>>
    1.) Defend
    2.) Assist

<<SLS>> ((Soul-Lync System))
    Condition: Green

<<SRS>> ((Safety Restraint System))
    Condition: Green
    Limiter: On

<<EAS>> ((Envision Action System))
    - Priority: Defend/Assist
    - EAS Enhance Range: ((1-20))
    - Force Assist: On
    - Over Assist: On
    - Envision Sys Condition: Green
    - Envision Sys Sync: 99%
    [[External Program]] - Dynamic Defense: 99% - ((Threat Detection: On))

<<Bolt Selection>> ((Grade Range; 101-808))
    - Chamber I: Empty
    - Chamber II: Empty
    - Chamber III: Empty
    - Chamber IV: Empty
    - Chamber V: Empty

<<D-BA>> ((Dynamic Bolt Array))
    - Offence (SABRE)
    - Offence (BRAND)
    - Defense
    - Support
    - Grid-Conditional

<<X-FPA>> - ((X-Firing Pin Array))
    - FPA (I) - ((Heat Lv: 0%)) - ((Array: None))
    - FPA (II) - ((Heat Lv: 0%)) - ((Array: None))
    - FPA (III) - ((Heat Lv: 0%)) - ((Array: None))
    - FPA (IV) - ((Heat Lv: 0%)) - ((Array: None))

----[[Available FPAs]]
    * SABRE ((Melee)) - ((Loaded: No)) - ((Available: Yes))
    * L. Sword ((Melee)) - ((Loaded: No)) - ((Available: Yes))
    * BRAND ((Ranged)) - ((Loaded: No)) - ((Available: Yes))
    * BRAND-FROST I ((Ranged)) - ((Loaded: No)) - ((Available: Yes))
    * BRAND-FROST II ((Ranged)) - ((Loaded: No)) - ((Available: Yes))
    * BRAND-FLAME I ((Ranged)) - ((Loaded: No)) - ((Available: Yes))

'Please wait. Please wait. Firing Pin Array is required to be configured. EAS System <<External Program>> detected. New software active. <<Dynamic Defense>> software. EAS Over Assist will now activate while <<Defend>> <<Order>> is active. X CALIBER will defend <<Master>> while <<Threat Detection>> is active.'

'Master, please load at least one 606 GRID: Counter-Sword, 606 SHIELD: Parry v6.1 or 404 WARD: Safeguard. Preference in order specified. I will be unable to effectively defend you without a GC Bolt or DEF Bolt. <<EAS Sync>> is at ((99%)) - I will be able to forcefully evade if required, but unable to retaliate. Please review X-CALIBER's Dashboard. I will do my best to explain <<Core Systems>>. I will handle all sub-systems and maintenance. I have taken the liberty to take inventory of all Bolts we have available and <<Threat ID>> all persons within a 100 ft radius of our position. To request to view <<Threat ID>> please select your target(s) and <<Envision>> your request. - I advise caution - <<Adverage Threat ID: 10-50%>> Hostile targets above ((50%)) may require the use of Offensive Bolts to eliminate.'

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Nadia looks over her shoulder.
    "Well, come on. No point in dawdling. I'm tired of running around like a blind woman. Let's find out what we can here."

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Aiko, Daughter of White

"Don't worry, Luna... go and learn whatever you need, and don't worry, I'll take care of Nadia here..." Aiko smiles, "Little presumptious of me, isn't it? But still... I like it here, so far."

"Right, let's go!" Aiko bravely heads forward, stretching as she walks.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Son Of Mornings, Son Of Night.

[Kal Enters The Game]
    [Perception Check with blind sight]
    [Kal uses hide in plain sight]

The Ronin drops back into existence. He uses his old skills to get a quickly look around. He nods and smiles to Rei. “Don’t worry Miss Rei we got this. Now lets go link up with our friends.” He takes Rei by the arm as he uses his old hiding techniques he learned from his time as a Bell to conceal themselves in broad daylight as he makes his way to his sibling traveling companions.
    Last edited by Lazy Roman; 2015-07-16 at 12:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

The disguised Seraph entered the world with a silent misty entrance with the woman still on his arm. The scene was distantly familiar, a scene from another life. He could not even remember walking The Goldway to The Academy from D'Alice. In fact he had completely forgotten about the trek, how long had it been? A millennium? How many live times ago? The boy that had walked this path was not the man that stood upon it now... nothing was the same. He ran his hand through his waist long black hair, and how he had changed yet again... He was hardly recognizable to the man he had even been perhaps only minutes ago, he wondered just how much he would continue to change? He wondered if anyone left from those days past could still recognize him... Rymont said The Black Magister, Arch-Magister Marries had lived that night when everything went wrong. His gaze lazily drifted off into the distance, though the tree limbs blocked the view, he could see it in his mind, the mountains that surrounded The Forest of Shattered Ash. The memories were not pleasant, indeed they were painful, remembering all those he had left in The Grand Hall to be butchered by the wicked claws of the horrid monsters that descended upon them...he fled, bloodied and shaken through the forest, where time became just a word, just a thought from a life long ago. His mind drifted back to those years... those days he spent in the forest learning to refine his craft of forgework, a foundational principle to the Bolt-Magisters. A practice he refined not in The Academy, but with Heather, the strong and caring woman who lived in that strange forest...He was so close now, perhaps now was as good a time as ever to visit Hen again, he remembered the ferocity of her Mistforged Steel, his mind recalled some distant memory... a sharp pain in his left arm. Talon.

He shook his head, he couldn't remember clearly, why that name sounded so familiar... only the pain, then nothing. His vision stretched out around himself. Many Magisters, young and old... He begun to fade with Rei when his gaze met the eyes of the little half-man. He blinked, then looked away, then looked back to where the Seraph had been as if he had seen something eerie, haunting, like a specter, and he knew why... Gelpman, he was alive.

The little man, his old friend he'd left to die had survived... and now here he stood once again. Senior Magister Gelpman... He wore three-badges across his left shoulder with a silver and golden rope hanging from his shoulder. He hadn't seen the halfling since the tragedy of their Graduation Ceremony. He had come a long way. The Senior Magister begun talking again to his taller counterparts, he had three Stewards now, one of them a youthful young man with keen eyes. Gelpman carried a very familiar article in hand, he knew it well.. or so he thought. The BlackStaff he thought the little man carried, was not a BlackStaff at all.... Though it was branded with the BlackStaff Focus Sigils, he noticed the weapon was made of both wood and twisted metal wound into a single article, a single rod. Looking at the top he could see the Array tactfully tucked into its ends, work that was impossible for anyone... except Rymont... He couldn't believe it, the little man talked about his Aperion Caliber design frequently in their studies, a fantasy from days long past. They both studied the same arts and forgework of ancient magical devices and many of the technological achievements Rymont had created as an after-thought. Now... all these years later, he was looking at the physical manifestation of all their studies together. A decade and more of work, and what had he to show for it? They had studied and refined The Warp Axe together, but he could not have managed to complete the thing without his help. He was a genius... a gift he believed was lost from the world. He couldn't bring himself to speak to him.. what would he say? Nothing good, he imagined. They were both thought to have died that night, but it was he who abandoned the rest of them. He grit his teeth, he wondered how many enemies here he had made for that night. He wondered how many lived... what grudges remained... did they blame him? He didn't know. He could not know...

He spotted the group. They didn't stand out here as much as they did within The City of White. He looked at the fanciful Caliber on his Sister's hip. Unquestionably Rymont's work, but he had seen the design before. He couldn't place where... Still it was the most sophisticated looking Caliber he had ever seen with strange double barrel made of seemingly magnetically bound and shaped metal plates. He would never be able to meet the level of masterful craftsmenship - he doubted anyone could, even Gelpman, but he could come damn close. Maybe closer then anyone...

The group around the Senior Magister stopped in front of the Bolt Vendor looking at his wares with great enthusiasm. He wondered how he would be able to face the little man again... would it be as enemies? The thought of facing a Senior Forge-Magister was not a pleasant one. No doubt he'd be on par with any High Slayer... There seemed to be no winning. Perhaps he wouldn't recognize him the way he looked now. Perhaps he should use another name here... least he find other survivors.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Lu'naus'Fel

Though the alien display is completely foreign to her, it seems intuitive enough that she quickly figures out at least the basic layout. <Threat ID?> If Rymont herself was at 999%, I wonder what everyone else is, she thinks, glancing to everyone and trying to picture the warning that appeared when she looked at the Arch-Magister. If it's 'Envision' then it should work like this, right? If all goes well, after collecting the data on her party, Rei included, Eris asks "Can you explain the calculations you did to get those numbers? It's all rather meaningless if I don't have the context behind it to know what they truly represent."

Annoyed at being ignored, but still rational enough to decide that any defensive boon is a good thing, Kestal speaks up while Eris tries to experiment. "Show us how we load a bolt into you then," she says in response to the suggestion of her new AI. If all goes well, she begins to fully load X-CALIBER. While doing that, however, she gives another command to Kali. "And explain how these 'firing pins' work. Can they be used to disable but not harm? How accurate are they at range? Can they compensate for our lack of melee experience?"

Finally snapping out of the distraction of their shiny new toy, Luna nods at Aiko even as they continue to tinker with Kali. "We should find mounts. We aren't exactly a skilled rider, but if it is still the better part of a day to get to the Forest then we should take the fastest way, shouldn't we Theresia?"

Spoiler
    Show

Bolts loaded:

1: 606 GRID: Counter-Sword(R-5)
    2: 606 SHIELD: Parry v6.1(U-3)
    3: 404 WARD: Safeguard(C)
    4: 303 BRAND: Stormbolt(C)
    5: 303 FATE: Gamechanger(R)
    Last edited by Desril; 2015-07-16 at 04:12 PM.

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

The Goldwalk; Outside of D'Alice - 7:21 AM, Wednesday

She envisions the forms of her friend's mentally, name plates and <<Threat ID>> is displayed to each of them. Aiko ((0.05%)) - Theresia ((101%)) - Z'Ress ((480%)) - Nadia ((5%)) - A strange alarm went off in her mind, as her strange 'Virtual-Eyes' outlined Z'Ress, the plump halfling Magister ((300%)) and then outlined two invisible figures behind her <<Threat #1 Male>> ((120%)) - <<Threat #2 Female>> ((60%/550%)) <<Anomaly Detected>> <<Master>> Two <<Threats>> located 180 degrees from our current position. Their figures have been outlined for you, additionally <<Threats>> above ((100%)) are within the area. I advise extreme caution. <<EAS>> <<Force Assist>> is currently online and on standby. We will be taking control to forcefully remove you from <<Threat>> range. A holographic map floated beside her showing a top down view of their surroundings within 100 ft displaying <<Threat>> sources over ((100%)). <<Threat ID System>> Calculation displays my current combat capability required process commitment required to eliminate <<Threat>> identified. <<Threat>> 100% requires my complete focus and <<EAS>> <<SLS>> Systems to successfully defeat. <<Threat>> above ((100%)) cannot be eliminated with <<Assurance>>. That is <<Master>> health/safety status. <<Threat ID>> represents my ability, current resources, and <<Master>> proficiency. Currently your proficiency is ((0%)), thus <<Threat ID>> is calculated solely on my ability and resources to eliminate <<Threat>>. <<Master>> must use <<EAS>> to defeat all <<Threat>> identified with <<Threat ID>> ((10%)) or higher. <<Master>> combat capabilities are currently at ((1%)) - I advise you rely on me to assist you eliminating identified threats. It seems Master is out of her depth in this environment. Your access to <<Weave>> is being impaired here reducing your ability to combat threats. Most of those around us have access to <<Class I>> to <<Class V>> <<Anima>> giving them a distinctive advantage against us. Proceed with caution.

Luna feels her body move of its own accord while Kali speaks. Her hand came out to her side, the weapon snapped off her hip and into her hand, her finger pressed the mechanical button above the trigger, ejecting the magazine. A number of Magisters looked over at her with awed expressions at the slick motion and flashy telekinetic display. She fit the belt of Bolts around her waist after releasing the weapon to float in the air, then begun pulling out the rounds she had selected, pushing them down into the strange-steel cartridge. The <<Active Switch>> when desired will eject the <<Magazine>> of the weapon when pressed while desiring to eject the cartridge. Up to ((5)) Bolts can be loaded at a time. Then the <<Magazine>> is fitted back into place with a firm and strong hand. " She slapped the magazine back into place, the weapon seemed to spring to life as a series of system dialogue rushed by. X CALIBER- Loaded - <<Registering Bolt Selection>> Loading. Loading. Chamber I. Chamber II. Chamber III...All Chambers. Complete. Please wait. Complete. <<Bolt Selection>> set;

<<Bolt Selection>> ((Grade Range; 303-606))
    - Chamber I: 606 GRID: Counter-Sword(R-5)
    - Chamber II: 606 SHIELD: Parry v6.1(U-3)
    - Chamber III: 404 WARD: Safeguard(C)
    - Chamber IV: 303 BRAND: Stormbolt(C)
    - Chamber V: 303 FATE: Gamechanger(R)

' Please use <<Envision>> to select which <<FPA>> you would like to equip. Currently we have ((4)) <<FPA Slots>> available, and a larger number of <<FPA>> to choose from.'

'Firing Pins can be used non-lethally if you make the request with <<Envision>> before firing. I will reduce <<Dampener Class>> to << Dampener Disabled: Class>> which will allow the Pins to be used effectively without causing fatal injury. If you fire manually without <<Envision>> the request will not be processed, and a lethal effect will be applied. Please do not pull the trigger manually, and rely on <<EAS>> to complete the request via <<Envision>>. I recommend practice before you attempt to fire at a friendly target. Our current <<Dampener Class 5>> Will eliminate <<Threat>> Below ((15%)) outright. The current Class will be maintained even while the <<Dampener>> is disabled, unless I scale the current <<Class>> to fit the <<Threat>> level. Please keep in mind, firing on a high <<Class>> will generate more heat then normal. When a Pin has <<Over Heat>> it cannot be used until it cools below ((100%)) Please select at least one ((Melee)) and ((Ranged)) Pin. Additional Pin's can be made, found or purchased adding to our options. Pins can be swapped out at any time, but only when they have cooled to ((0%)) heat. Please select your Pins. Pins cannot be equipped more then once, unless multiple of that Pin is available.'

' <<EAS>> will compensate for your lacking combat capabilities but you must learn to use <<Envision>> to activate the system. By controlling your nervous system, and your body's core functions, we can translate your <<Envision Request>> into physical action. You need not skill in melee or range combat for <<EAS>> to function optimally. Ranged Pins and Bolts function at optimal use while being used with <<EAS>> rather then manual termination in your current state. <<Listed Range>> is <<Effective Range>> while <<EAS>> is active, thus 5,000 ft of <<Listed Range>> is the <<EAS>> <<Effective Range Increment>>. We are not less accurate at 4,000 ft then 30 ft. However our system requires configuration to reach <<Threat Detection>> at such ranges.'

' I will now be enabling <<Visual Persona>> for ease of use. Please Register your Firing Pins so I may build our <<Dynamic Defense Actions>>. These are the actions I may perform while <<EAS>> is active, using these Actions can possibly lower our <<Sync Rate>> but will enable us to perform vastly superior combat movements then manual control would allow. For all future actions please use <<Envision>>. Do not physically move yourself, imagine the action you wish to complete in as much detail as possible, and we will use <<EAS>> to make your envisioned actions come to life, as close as possible to those imagined. This is how you use <<Envision>>. This is a critical skill to be mastered, as most of our components are non-physical and run off of <<Envision Engine>>, please practice now by equipping Firing Pins to build our Array.'

<<Visual Personal>> Activating... Please wait. Please wait. 80%...90%..99%...Complete. Process executing.

A whirl of color and holographic light manifested before her, a small fairy that floated about her. On her HUD's map the blue dot that was the fairy was named 'Kali'. She floated around her examining herself. Self diagnostic compete.... This form is far superior is it not? I prefer it. It is much easier to gather data externally. <<Master>> would you like to register a name by which I should call you? Or would you prefer to keep <<Master>> as your registered Identification?

Kali - X CALIBER Soul-Lync System A.I.
    Last edited by Mornings; 2015-07-16 at 04:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Son Of Mornings, Son Of Night, Seraph of The End

He lets out a deep sigh stunned in his own depression. He contemplates even if it was feasible for his plan to finish his Magister training. He goes back to his time as a bell and his suffering. He tugs on Miss Rei and leads her to the side someplace where they can get a moment of privacy, no one can run into them and he can focus. He sits down and focus as he transforms his body. As he learned and perfected during his time as a Bell. First the physical that was always the hardest part. His body changes as the scars on the skin smooths and disappears. His muscular frame becomes slender and elegant. His dirty black hair changes red and shortens to an ear length crew cute. His clothes change as well turning with to a red double breasted jacket with brass buttons the red skirt. He adds a short cape to match. He replaces his hakama with white leggings and knee length black boots. Topping it off with a hat with a feather. The Kurokami transforms into a rapier as he places into a sword belt on his hip. Finally thick leather fencing gloves on his hand. “There we go…phew. It was always hard for me to focus on what the vocal chords should sound like. So what do you think Miss Rei? Cmon lets go say hello to everyone.” He breaks off his hide in plain sight ability. He reproaches the group. “Hey guys! It’s me Izuna, sorry we got split up earlier!”

Last edited by Lazy Roman; 2015-07-16 at 04:41 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Lu'naus'Fel

Curious about a great deal of the new information she just gained, Eris is quick to alert Kali. "We should be safe here, but if an active threat is detected do move us to safety. Z'Ress and Theresia," she looks at the duo, "Are not our enemies however. Keep an eye on that one, but she is not actively working against us right now," she tells Kali while glancing to Rei. "Curious...what is our combat rating in areas where our access to 'Weave' isn't being impaired?"

She looks much more concerned at the invisible, high threats behind them, but avoids panicking. They just arrived to a high traffic area where countless people were passing through. Just because a high powered threat was detected didn't meant it was seeking to harm them. "Keep an eye on the invisible threats, but as long as they don't seem to be attempting to cause any problems, just keep us appraised of their location." It'd only been a few moments, but Eris was already starting to grow accustomed to Kali's presence.

Their body moving on its own was still something they weren't used to, however, and it was only through a great effort of will that neither of Luna's halves resisted the movements. Kestal takes over the conversation when Kali mentions the firing pins, however. While not as clever as Eris, she was much more innately gifted in actual combat. "For now, set up the SABRE, L. SWORD, BRAND, and BRAND-FROST II Firing Pins. And give us a brief description of how they and the loaded bolts function. We will practice with them later."

When Kali takes on a seemingly physical appearance, Luna can't help but reach out to touch her and see if she's an illusion or physically present. When she suggests registering a name for Luna, however, it's Eris that tries to speak up first. "You can just call us--Master is perfectly fine, keep using that."

She's not our slave, we shouldn't make her call us that.
    I disagree. We didn't keep any of the ones we wagered for, you can let me have this one. Besides, you heard Rymont, she's a Soul-Construct, not a person. Think of her like a cute golem.

Not particularly happy with that thought, Eris can't find any obvious fault in it and instead turns her attention back to Kali's apparent new form. "Before we go any further, we have to know...what are you, exactly? Are you truly sentient, or just a very sophisticated construct?"

While waiting on her answer, 'Izuna' appears behind them and approches. Before Eris can comment about her being mistaken and not knowing them, Kestal shushes her other half. Like we told Nadia. Tact. To Nadia and Aiko, she adds "Play along until we figure out what they're after."

"Oh, there you are. We were starting to get worried,"
    she says, waiting until she gets closer before her eyes clearly ask the question they all want to know the answer to. 'Who are you?'

It's only then that they make note of Rei clinging to the new arrival's arm. ...Is that Kal?
    ...I think it is. We should learn that trick.
    Last edited by Desril; 2015-07-16 at 05:33 PM.

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing the voice, Nadia turns.
    I'm sorry, I think you have us confused...
    Then she sees Rei. Who was last seen with Kal.
    Oh. You're back. Wonderful.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

The Goldwalk; Outside of D'Alice - 7:21 AM, Wednesday

As 'Izuna' and Rei emerge once more, Luna's HUD changes to <<Threat #1 Female>> ((120%/150%)). The Vessel of Misfortune reaches into Izuna's pocket sliding out the badge Rymont had given her, and pinning it on the left side of her coat. A few Magisters turned and stopped what they were doing seeing the Seal. A few of them begun to whisper to one another. "You're a Bolt-Magister Candidate, selected by Arch-Magister Rymont herself, are you not? Wear your badge with some pride. Show these plebeians who Izuna is." A greater number of Magisters started to take note of them after Rei mentioned Rymont's name aloud. The red badge seemed to validate their legitimacy. Rei's voice resounded in the space that connected them. 'You need to think of a full name if you expect this little game to work. You will be this Izuna for quite a long period of time...'

The small fairy that was Kali shook a finger at Luna, flying up to her face. 'I said use <<Envision>> not tell me what to do! How do you expect to use the X CALIBER if you cannot even manage its most basic functions? ' She looked at Luna, puffing out her cheeks. A construct? No one 'made' me. But someone 'made' you. It's evident in my diagnostic of your Anima. Who is the 'construct' here? - I am Kali, a Wind Harrow. Not that I expect you to know what that is... No context exists within your memory, I've already checked. SLS does have an Artificial Intelligence, which is to say X CALIBER 'leans' but has no user interface. I am that interface, and the soul that allows the 'Soul-Lync System' to function. Or did you think that some fancy magic machine was connected to your spirit? The SLS is the connection I share between yourself, and the X CALIBER's sentient functions. I am the bridge between you and the weapon, whose expressions I translate for you into words or actions. Now stop goofing around and use <<Envision>>. She swept her hand opening a window displaying a number of strange thin crystalline rods with names identifying each firing Pin. Maybe you're not good with using your imagination... does this help? Imagine moving the Pin you want to select forward, and that Pin will be equipped. Simple, yes?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Lu'naus'Fel

Despite Kali's claims at having no context, Eris still manages to find something. "Oh, that seems almost like how a golem functions, though without stripping you of freedom or the ability to think and understand. Interesting. In that case, Kali, let's be friends."

Ignoring the chastisement from the fairy-like intelligence, Kestal simply follows the suggestion, envisioning the four pins she wanted moving up and into position. This is going to take some adjustment...

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Aiko, Daughter of White

"Oh?" Aiko blinks, seeing an unfamiliar woman approach them, but, whatever else she wanted to say, Luna's mentaql command stops her. "Ah, nice to see you. Looking good today, Izuna-san... and... Rei-san? Glad to see you're OK..."

Extended signature

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

She looks down at her and watches her pin on Rymont’s seal on her jacket. ‘She’ smiles and lets out a nervous laugh. “Opps, Thank you so much Rei, you’re right! I guess I was just so nervous and excited to start I almost forgot one of the most important requirements.” He reaches back to her through their shared headspace ‘I got this, its Hijikata. Weird question while I got you on the line. You wouldn’t happen to know where that big Obsidian Gate is? I left something important there.’ She waves back “Hi Aiko! Silly thats not my last name. So it would be Hijikata-san.”
    Last edited by Lazy Roman; 2015-07-17 at 08:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

The Goldwalk; Outside of D'Alice - 7:22 AM, Wednesday

Luna imagined the strange Pins sliding forward, not bothering to read which ones she moved. The images on the holographic screen slid forward, text displayed on the holographic screen on the back of the Caliber.

<<X-FPA>> - ((X-Firing Pin Array))
    - FPA (I) - ((Heat Lv: 0%)) - ((Array: SABRE))
    - FPA (II) - ((Heat Lv: 0%)) - ((Array: L. Sword))
    - FPA (III) - ((Heat Lv: 0%)) - ((Array: BRAND-FROST II))
    - FPA (IV) - ((Heat Lv: 0%)) - ((Array: BRAND-FLAME I))

----[[Available FPAs]]
    * SABRE ((Melee)) - ((Loaded: Yes)) - ((Available: No))
    * L. Sword ((Melee)) - ((Loaded: Yes)) - ((Available: No))
    * BRAND ((Ranged)) - ((Loaded: No)) - ((Available: Yes))
    * BRAND-FROST I ((Ranged)) - ((Loaded: No)) - ((Available: Yes))
    * BRAND-FROST II ((Ranged)) - ((Loaded: Yes)) - ((Available: No))
    * BRAND-FLAME I ((Ranged)) - ((Loaded: Yes)) - ((Available: No))

The weapon's barrel of strange metal plates begun to rearrange itself creating a slightly longer and thinner looking barrel, resembling the 'blade' of a sword. One of the barrels extended, longer then the second one beneath it. It appeared more like a short saber now. As if the weapon had animated and changed forms. The display caught the attention of the Magisters who were still looking at Izuna, caught off guard by the change in the weapon's Array.
    X-FPA set. Dynamic Array configured. <<L. Sword Hybrid Array>> Complete. <<Dynamic Defense Diagnostic>> Initiated. Processing. Complete. <<Dynamic Defense Actions>> Registering. Compiling. Complete. <<Combat Focus: Melee>> <<Array Deviation Audit>> Complete.

' Master, well done loading your Pins with <<Envision>>, however you did not select which Pins you wanted to equip using <<Envision>> thus <<EAS Passive>> selected the most optimal Array for our current conditions. <<Threat>> in local area is predominantly <<Anima Class>> dependent, with low ((Melee)) focus. Thus we've set our Array with high Melee focus to eliminate <<Threat>> with close-quarters resources. I recommend purchasing an additional L. Sword Firing Pin with a <<Class Type>> such as your <<BRAND-FROST Series>> Pins. The <<L. Sword Array>> allows us to initiate melee combat from up to ((30 ft)) away effectively. Recommendation: acquire <<L. Sword-ASSIST>> or <<L. Sword-SWIFT>> Firing Pins to replace your <<SABRE>> Firing Pin. <<SABRE>> is a Classless Pin, and serves as a solid foundational Pin when others are <<Cooling>>.'

' Master, I've finished building our <<Dynamic Defense Actions>> these actions will be changed as I acquire more data on your combat preferences. Currently <<Actions>> are configured with ((99%)) focus on <<Priorities>> <<Defend and Assist>> our <<Actions>> are listed below.'

*[[Blink-Step - DEFEND]] - ((DEGRADATION: -10))
    *[[Retaliate - ASISST]] - ((DEGREDATION: -2))
    *[[X-Revolver - ASISST]] - ((DEGRADATION: -2))
    *[[SRS Limiter-Down]] - ((DEGRADATION: -30))

'...Also Master, X CALIBER functions on a conceptually unique concept far from that of simple constructs such as golems. X CALIBER possesses a sentient, learning, growing mind independent of my self or you. I am the 'bridge' between you and the weapon. Think of me as a 'Tri-Souled' creature, joint to your soul, my own, and the synthetic soul that is X CALIBER. Together we all form a single living weapon-system. Comparing us to a golem, is like comparing a shiny stone to platinum. Additionally when you use <<Envision>> ensure you specifically specify at the time of selection what actions are wishing to be accomplished in as much detail as possible, otherwise <<EAS>> will interpret and initiate the most effective solution itself. Please keep that in mind, especially when attempting to alter your Firing Pin <<Dampener>>, <<EAS>> will always default to highest <<Class>> and <<Dampener>> settings possible if unspecified though priorities are set to <<Defend and Assist>>. <<EAS>> 'efficiency' default is <<Threat Elimination>>. X CALIBER with proper control can be used non-lethally, however <<Threat Elimination>> is the primary objective of X CALIBER. Please practice using <<Envision>> to build your proficiency. '

A number of Magisters gathered around Luna to examine the strange weapon, talking among themselves. In the distance the Senior Magister, the Halfing, raised a hand quieting his men as he looked to Izuna. The Academy Guard, the black robed Magisters with golden ropes on their left shoulder moved over to her as well, skeptical and confused looks on their faces. Rei nodded at Aiko " It is Well to see you again, as well, but it appears we've drawn some... unwanted attention." - ' The 7th Obsidian Gate you mean... It's here in the country of Barion, far south through the Darkling Forest... I'm sure you might recall, it is infested with Furies and other troublesome creatures.' The Academy Guard encircled the group after their display. "...Excuse me, ma'am- " The Halfling, Gelpman, entered the circle, raising a hand to quiet the man. "Thank you Chris, I will take things from here. Please have your men standby. " The man nodded seeing the little man. "Ah, greetings Senior Forge-Magister. As you wish." The Halfling gestured with his 'Blackstaff' the Guard backed off a step. His gaze went back to the group, then to Izuna, then to her badge, then to her hat, then back to her badge, before stopping to rest on the sword on her hip, as if he expected something else to be their instead. "...Forgive my interruption ma'am, but I see you're neither a Magister, nor Student, yet you have a Bolt-Magister's Candidacy Badge from Arch Bolt-Magister Rymont. Still, I'm afraid we don't get many 'military-men' this far from The Citadel. You are a Slayer-Apprentice, are you not?" It took a short while for Izuna to put together the pieces, the strange looks on the men's faces. The questions, and why she'd been stopped. A distant recollection came to her again, one of Ellie's classes on uniform wear and the history between The Order and Barionheim... Rymont had founded The Slayers long ago, which was why their uniforms were nearly identical to the Bolt-Magisters, however, the Slayer's Long Coat and the Bolt-Magister's Cowl were the distinguishing uniform items that distinguished them. She wore a Bolt-Magister's Candidate Badge, but to be a Candidate, or a Bolt-Magister, required being a Magister, which meant not only would she be required to wear 2 Badges... but her choice of attire was that of a Bolt-Magister, which would have been perfectly acceptable, though still somewhat odd without the second Badge and silver rope about her arm showing her status... but there was one thing she forgot... The words from the lecture came back to him again; '...The weight of a feather'. The Ravens and Slayers each respectively carried a black or white feather on their person as part of their uniform. A distinguishing uniform item, she imagined herself... A person, who was not a Magister, wearing a Bolt-Magister's Uniform, with a legitimate Bolt-Magister Select's Badge from the most distinguished figure in the state, with a Slayer's headpiece. She no doubt appeared to be a graduated Slayer's Apprentice, without a Bolt-Gun. He thought about what he knew... What he'd been taught. The situation was not 'impossible' - The Slayer's Bolt-Guns were individually made for each graduated Apprentice by Rymont. It took time to complete the process and received the finished weapon. It was not impossible that perhaps her skill was of note by Rymont and she was given special exception. However the relationship between The Red Order and The Magisters was not exactly a pleasant one. While the Bolt-Magisters had a strong connection with their roots and often worked with The Slayers hand-in-hand, training with them to refine their mastery of their shared weapons, the vast majority of Magisters from other practices viewed them with warranted caution and hostility. Walking into D'Alice disguised as a member of the organization they feared and resented was either genius... or the most idiotic thing she'd done in a long time. She wondered how she should go about dealing with the situation, perhaps she could play it in her favor, however, Gelpman, the Senior Magister continued. " If you'd be so kind ma'am, I'd like to hear your reason for visiting today... only common courtesy, of course. Having an officer of The Red Order in D'Alice, well... It would cause a stir, no doubt. So please humor us. We can all see The Arch Magister has sponsored you, but that is not enough to put the common-man's mind at ease... I'm afraid we will have to suspend you and your friend's entry into D'Alice, until we hear more of this.. no doubt, enchanting tale." He couldn't see it. He couldn't see the twinkle and joy that once shined in the little-man's eyes. He couldn't see the Gelpman he knew, this was another man, with flint in his eyes, and dry words that stung with a certain disquieting tone. The world had hardened him, turned him into someone else. He couldn't see the friend he knew in the face of the man that stood before him. He saw a man with inquisitive-violent eyes, a certain twitch in his bottom right eye-lid where she noticed a deep scar that reached down to his neck, healed by magic and hardly noticeable except at close range. It had been where he was struck when Adair put him down after the strange unseen entity within The Hall possessed him. The wound had been mortal, he was sure of it at the time, and so he left him their to meet his fate.... yet here he was. Changed. But still very much alive...

The common students, Stewards and Magisters begun to clear away from the encirclement. The traders near-by begun packing their wares and closing their shops as if suspecting the encounter would not end peacefully.

<<WARNING>> <<WARNING>> <<WARNING>> <<Threat Detected>> <<Dynamic Defense Actions: Active>> <<Forced Assist Action: Retaliate - Ready>> <<Forced Assist Action: Retaliate - Standby>>

Master, it appears these men believe we are associated with some malicious plot involving this <<Izuna: Threat ID - 120%/150%>> X CALIBER intends to interrupt detected <<Threats>> using a 606 GRID: Counter Sword. Forced Assist from <<EAS>> using such high frequency processing will allow us to alter <<Causality>> while we render <<Metaphysical Actions>>. In essence, moving at a point that has yet to occur in <<Suspended Time>>, at a speed which you will be unable to define, called <<Sub-Time>> - It will be vary painful. Please brace yourself.

*((6)) <<Threats>> have been identified - Estimated Survival Rate of <<Threat>> over 6 Seconds: ((0.5%))
    * <<Friendly Targets>> - Estimated Casualty Rate of <<Friendly Targets>> over 6 Seconds: ((80%))

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Aiko, Daughter of White

"A Red Order?!" Aiko looked at "Izuna" with the expression of shock that wasn't in the least fake, "is that...bad?" She looked at the Magister, "please tell me we're not on trouble... We only looked for a place to learn about this... All..."
    Last edited by jamieth; 2015-07-17 at 10:57 AM.

Extended signature

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Lu'naus'Fel

Annoyed at the interruption, Luna turns to Theresia, "Hold on a minute, it seems we have a slight complication, but this shouldn't take long to clear up," she tells the Child.

"Keep that on standby. 80% chance of friendly casualties is too high. We'll try to defuse this situation without blowing everything up."

Sighing, "What have we walked into now," she says glancing toward Nadia and Aiko. "Senior-Forge Magister, was it? To be honest...we have no idea what you're talking about. It's been less than a day since we left our home world. We only just met Izuna, and she was supposed to help us along so that we don't get ourselves lost." She pauses, glancing toward Izuna, "Why do you think she's a member of the Red Order? She's wearing red, but since when was color coordination proof of being in the military?" Cocking her head in earnest confusion, "And why does that matter? From what we've managed to piece together, the Order and Barionheim aren't opposed to each other, are they?"

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Nadia nods as the accusation is leveled
    You know, I'm not even really surprised. You were being just a little bit too helpful for no good reason. Figures you'd be a member of the Order.
    She turns to the Senior Forge Master
    Sorry for any trouble. We're quite new to the area. Arch Magister Rymont told us to come here to learn what is what and who is who.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

She raises her hand to her companions in an open palm like a commander tells their troops to halt. “Children!” He lets it hang for a moment in the air. Her eyes go over all them. Her gaze stops hangs on Nadia as she spoke. Her usually warm smile and eyes like an older sister caring for her siblings disappears from her face. “I’m getting sick and tired of your mouth. Learn your place before you get yourself turned to ash by someone I can’t or won’t protect you from.” Her breathing changes as her eyes budge out and releases a ferocious battle cry as he lunges at Nadia.

[Free Action: Suspend Night Soul Calamity]

Attack (Non-Lethal) - [Free Action: Ki-Breath/Wlid Cry/Onslaught/Tengiri]
    (1d20+925)[930]

Damage
    (1d3+1451)[1453]

Now the rest of you either attend to your friend or hush the grown-ups are talking.” She wipes Nadia’s blood off her knuckles with a handkerchief in her pocket and puts back on a sweet smile and turns back to Senior-Magister Gelpman. “I apologize for my traveling companion and that you had to see that. She hasn’t learned yet to not speak when not spoken to in the presence of Lords Chosen. But we’re both no strangers good to discipline and order or blood, Senior-Forge Magister. I don’t understand what there is to question Senior-Forge Magister. I am a Bolt-Magister candidate appointed by the Arch-Magister herself. I have yet to receive my bolt gun because it has yet to be completed. If I earn the right to be a Bolt Magister, The Arch-Magister promised me a special gift. I come here almost completely unarmed as sign of good faith while attending class but I suppose my feather still gave alarm. I apologize for all the commotion however before we proceed Senior-Forge Magister. I think we should speak in private if you wish to talk any further.”

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

The Goldwalk; Outside of D'Alice - 7:23 AM, Wednesday

The Forge-Magister's expression was stony and emotionless, his eyes un-moving from the strange 'Bolt-Magister Candidate' that stood before him. He looked at the Academy Guard at his side after the other he had not addressed finished speaking. "Chris..." "..Sir? " "If the suspects in question speak again - do silence them, please. This prattling is intolerable and can be had with The Inquisitor." The Magister nodded "Yes, Sir!" The Magister's gaze never even lay upon the others - but simply returned the cold look to the 'would-be Slayer'. " I do apologize for the unpleasantries, however I have little interest in the words of ignorant children - I'll leave such analysis in the hands of the professionals. Now, are you going to stand their Slayer or- "

Before he could continue, 'The Slayer' interrupted, instead ignoring his comment and speaking to her counterparts. His grip tightened on his rod as she spoke... he'd heard that overly haughty tone before as she spoke the first word - like a zealous preacher. He grabbed his staff with both hands, an uneasy feeling in his mind. It was then she let out her mad cry, her voice roared out with deafening cacophony - The very stone underfoot shattered and cracked. Then all was still... A blue hue of light covered the world and he saw the reflection of pale light move from The Slayer's figure to the woman beside her.
    <<WARNING THREAT DETECTED!>>
    (Sub-Round: 1)
    He twisted his rod, the world paused. A pale green figure in the form of himself stepped forward, pointing his Apeiron Caliber at Nadia - "SHIELD!" The end of the staff split open, as two black rods sprung forward releasing an emerald orb of light that paused, then smashed into Nadia with blinding speed, covering her in a coat of transparent light-
    (Sub-Round: 2)
    Izuna pulled her hands close to her, as she unleashed her deafening roar, the energy began to build and simmer. The energy within her building, and smoldering til it was a maelstrom within her. With a scream the energy manifested - the ground exploded about her from the intensity of her spiritual pressure throwing rocks and debris up, only to freeze in place in the strange period of suspended time. Her hair and cloths flowed in the vortex of her own energy. Gelpman turned his hand on the rod altering the end of his staff into a short forked pair of rods protruding from its end. "MARK!" A flare of blue light, like a small bullet struck Nadia creating a small bead of light to be left on her chest. He tried to maintain his focus, completing the connection between his weapon and his target - then released his concentration. It all happened in a blur of motion.
    (Sub-Round Ended)
    The Slayer exploded into a flaming crimson light, as if she caught flame. Her hands burned with a dense etheric energy, the air shook as she howled out in an unbroken scream. Her hands clenched into fists of burning light, the tendons and veins in her neck stood taught, then she kicked off from ground with a thunderous explosion. She did not move, but rather, her figure exploded into light and re-manifested in the air above Nadia, descending like some furious demon.

TENGIRI: THE HEAVENS DIVIDE
    She descended from the sky, crashing down like a stray meteor crashing down to the earth with explosive force. Her fist met Nadia's face before her feet came hammering down into the ground with a quaking explosion that through soil into the air. The blow would have easily torn the woman's body in two, yet a green flash of energy around her held her body together bracing her from the impact.

Izuna's fist came down and into the ground, like a fallen anvil. Nadia's body smashed into the crater of the ground, before rebounding from the ground, and flying through the air. She exploded through one of the merchant wagons sending it's owner flying out the side as the wooden stall exploded into a shower of splinters and metal. The green ward of energy deflected the bits of debris as she continued to rocket through the air, colliding with a tree, splitting it in half, it's massive top crashing down, as she collided with the ground, then shot back up into the air before entering a dizzing sidelong spin and crashing into one of the large hillsides that flanked the pathway of The GoldWalk. She met the large rock and and soil natural structure with an explosion of dirt, leaving a crater in the side of the hill. Her feet hung out of the hole like a strange pair of manikin's legs, the rest of her body not visible from within the hole she was buried in. She had lost consciousness long before her body had met the wall of soil and clay, it had all gone dark when the fist struck her.

Gelpman kept his Caliber trained Nadia's path as she flew, keeping his other hand out as if to direct her flight path. After she had landed in the hill, he pulled back his Caliber-Staff as if pulling on a fishing line. Nadia was pulled from the creator of earth and slid down the hill as if an invisible line connected her to his staff. A moment of silence passed... Then Nadia shook her head, finally coming to. The massive path of destruction laid out before her - the group some 300 ft away in the distance. The path of destruction had marred the grass, and left a clear trail showing the path she had flown. She'd never been struck so hard, she couldn't remember flying so far...
    ----------

Gelpman sighed, snapping the butt of his staff back down to the ground. He closed his eyes for a moment as if regathering himself. "...Gods be good.... You Slayers are all insane. you could have killed your friend! Ugh... ok. I get it. I get it. " Chris stood in wide-eyed shock stunned, his hands shook slightly as if traumatized. "Chris...Chris.....CHRIS!" The man shook his head, "S-Sir!? Yes, Sir!? " "These poor bastards are free to go... They obviously bit off more then they could chew, and have never dealt with Reds. The Slayer will come with me... I don't know how that girl is still conscious, but see you tend to her.... Okie, Slayer. Come with me."

Gelpman walked beside Izuna beginning to move away from the group. Other Magisters at a distance had watched the exchange, they looked at the Slayer with dumbfounded expressions and terror. "Dammit... Why do you Reds always cause such a mess? One of yours came in earlier this morning - You're practically copies of each other. I stopped her, and what does she do? Punches her escort in the face after he gets spooked. It took 30 minutes to pick up what was left of him... goddam. I'm sure you know her - High Slayer August. She's in Barionheim looking for some wanted criminal who crossed The Reds... I'd hate to be that guy. I'm sure you'll see her in town. So.. common then." The continued to walk away down the path and rounding the corner. "What's your name and your story? More then one Slayer showing up at once. Not a likely coincidence... I'm warning you now. No 'Slayer' crap in town. No burning people. No taking heads. No punching people into gore-puddles, and all that other wacky sheit. Ok? We have rules here. You can leave that 'wild-west' vigilante crap at home." They rounded the corner of the path heading toward D'Alice.

Two of the Academy Guards knelt down next to Nadia examining her wounds, healing her with strange emerald stones. She could feel the Lifeweaver Signet sustaining her from the crushing blow, the strange energy that had shielded her had all but faded away, it was unlike any magic she had seen before. There was no way she could have survived such a superhuman blow. Looking at the path of destruction from her flight path reminded her of that... there was so many things she didn't know about this world. She sighed as the wounds and bruises mended, the bones reset and the blood stopped ebbing from her nose and ears. It had all happened so fast, she couldn't even remember pain. Only the numbness as her consciousness was ripped away from her, and the frightening sense of powerlessness as she was cast down. The Magister pat her on the shoulder, "You're all patched up. I'm surprised you lived this long in a Slayer's company.... they're all like that. The one that came in earlier this morning killed her escort the same way. I was covered in...ughhh... it was terrible. The Senior Magister was prepared this time though. I'm glad he was here, or you'd be decorating The GoldWalk. You should keep your distance from their lot. Red with a white feather, means stay away. They're crazy, and will kill their own comrades for speaking ill of The Order, showing fear or weakness, or worse.... questioning their God. They're just bad news. It's hard to believe Barionheim is distantly related to that madness. Do you need me to help you walk?"

Spoiler: OOC - Status
    Show

Nadia Status: - KO'ed -> Recovered -> Healed (Full HP)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Nadia spits a glob of blood in the vague direction of Izuna. Her eyes were hard.
    Like we said. We met her like, two minutes ago, tops. And I'm fine. Not even the hardest I've been hit today.
    It had hurt, yes. But she was pretty numb to pain since she had been struck by End. She begins to walk back towards where Luna and Aiko are standing. She walks through the crater track. As soon as she comes in range for Luna to add her back into the Harem.
    Tell your brother he hits like a girl.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

“I do apologize Senior-Forge Magister for your distress and the distress of your fellow Magisters but the Red Order cannot tolerate that type of insolence and let it go unpunished. I thought it was more than merciful.” Her voices grows cold “The traditions and techniques that we employ are in the service Silent God. I hope you understand.” She takes a deep breath keeping besides Gelpman going back to being as joyful as ever. “I will be quick I do not wish to waste your time and my time is better served elsewhere for The Silent God.” She smiles then continues her story. “I thought you’d be more appreciative, Senior-Forge Magister. It’s not any secret who we are hunting, my associate is hunting for an old companion of yours. From what our intelligence said he left you to die all those ago here at Barionheim. I thought you should know The Foolish Ronin has resurfaced after all of these years.” She goes quiet letting her words sink in and gauge his reaction. “As for myself I am actually here on an unrelated task. I am here on Arch-Magister’s whim to study to become a Bolt Magister with the permission by the Red Order for the glory of The Silent God. However I was given orders from the Knight-Lord Executioner himself if he does show his head to capture or kill him. My current objective however is to find someone worthy of my Steward. I had hoped it would be one in my group however. They have been less than willing to work under me as Steward despite the great opportunity it is. I will be as peaceful as possible the only blood I shed is necessary for the service of the Silent God.”
    Last edited by Lazy Roman; 2015-07-17 at 08:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Lu'naus'Fel

It took every ounce of combined willpower not to immediately test out their new weapon when Nadia was sent flying by another superhuman hit, but rationality won out in the end. If this really was Kal, then he knew better than to cause any permanent harm. Brother, or Sister, rather, or not, she wouldn't forgive...her...if she killed Nadia, and she knew it. So, Luna stayed her hand, and dashed after Nadia only seconds after she landed. "Kali, can you make us go any faster?" Not sure it would work, she nonetheless envisions herself soaring toward Nadia fast enough to create a sonic boom.

Once she lands, she looks worried until Nadia wakes up, none the worse for wear, and can't help but smile at her telepathic snarking. "Clever as that is, you know that all the strongest things we've met today were women. I'm starting to think 'hit like a boy' is the insult. Now come on, let's get back to the others if you think you can walk."

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

The Goldwalk; Outside of D'Alice - 7:23 AM, Wednesday

...The Hand Of A Righteous Man The weapon seemed to analyse the events that unfolded frame by frame with walls of text scrolling by. Yet Luna could make out the command of <<Dynamic Defense: Standby>>. The weapon did not seemed to respond to the fact an ally or 'friendly target' was accosted by an identified <<Threat>>. Still she did not hesitate to pursue Nadia after she was struck down. After the command given to Kali the system seemed to spring into life.

Very well, Master <<Envision Engine: Active>>. <<Over Assist: Active>> forced <<Assist>> use will damage our <<Sync Rate>> but will be periodically repaired every 6 seconds. If <<Sync>> falls to ((50%)) please use with caution. Upon reaching ((30%)) <<Forced Assist>> or <<Over Assist>> actions will begin to damage your body. <<Envision Request: Received>> Processing. Processing. 90%..99%...Complete. <<Over Assist Process: Initializing>> With a sudden shocking charge through her body, she felt Kali's influence upon her body seem to wrap about her, reinforcing her legs and body. With a step off the ground, Luna exploded into motion. A sub-sonic wave exploding outwards, as she covered the distance in a single bound, crashing into the ground, sliding forward leaving deep gouges in the ground as her feet tried to bring her to a stop, plowing the dirt until she stopped in Knee-high holes. Nadia rose from the ground, the healing complete, the wounds closing. The Magister helped her up. "Well... That is unfortunate - bumping into a Slayer so randomly, only to be struck down by them as if it was an after thought..." <<Sync Rate Decreased to: 82%>>

The Goldwalk; Outside of D'Alice - 7:25 AM, Wednesday

The Senior Magister shook his head as they walked down the path through the forested area towards D'Alice "...It's like you Reds rehearse the same lines. Look... just keep your hands to yourself and we'll be square. I know you lot have your traditions and whatever - but we don't do that stuff here." He was quiet for a moment listening to his words. "...I see. Well, the sooner your people do what they got to do, the sooner they can leave. I don't know why Rymont would give you Candidacy... no offence, but you seem just like any other Slayer Apprentice to me. Not exactly the 'inquisitive-mind' that she looks for in a Magister. If you want a steward there's plenty of would-be's on the road to The Academy, take your pick. I don't know if you have any business in town, but I'd appreciate if you continued on to The Academy as quickly as possible. I'f prefer not to have more then one Slayer in town.... one is enough for any man. "

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

I said girl. Not woman.
    Nadia wipes some of the blood on her sleave, and looks at the Lifeweaver's Signet.
    I owe Lady D'Aritel more than I thought.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Lu'naus'Fel

Chuckling at Nadia's correction, she shakes her head at the insanity of this situation as they make their way back to the others. "It seems you do, but...if Lady Alice gave you that ring then what is her connection to this place? She might not be a native to Golarion. It would explain her monstrous power, at least."

Other Character Avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

. . . . . .