Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Code Geass Fate game OOC

I think I vaguely remember that now. Rest assured I'll take the spirit of the series to heart and deploy knightmare frames out of a falafel truck because they surely won't be expecting it out of a Japanese resistance.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

I change my vote for a name to the Spanish Inquisition. :P
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

How did you first prove to Shigure/Amaterasu that you could be very useful to her/trustworthy?

Lucifer first proved his usefulness by bringing an early press release to Amaterasu that the Viceroy's staff had put together to detail the impending demolition of a section of Saitama, a low-income ghetto for Elevens that had not been restored from the 2nd Pacific War. Not only would this displace thousands of elevens to have to find new places to live, but Lucifer's gut told him there was something more to the story.

Following up with some underworld contacts, Lucifer discovered that the firm hired by the Viceroy was most often associated with classified government construction projects - The goal of the project was threefold - Beginning the process of clearing Saitama to be added to the concession, removing the underground metro rails that were rumored to be methods of transit for rebels, as well as create the first steps in a communication hard line between Tokyo and Kyoto.

Lucifer sensed an opportunity - A way to gain support from the elevens while also disrupting Britannian operations. Instead of going to the JLF, he took a calculated move to bring this to the rebel cell under the control of Amaterasu... Who seemed more likely to garner a greater movement of popular support.

And my vote is for Knights of the Dawn.
    Last edited by Julian84; 2015-07-26 at 06:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Well we've got

3.5 votes for Knights of the Dawn
    0.5 Vote for the Spanish Inquisition

and Nu hasn't voted but her vote can't change it.

So Knights of the Dawn will be the starting name of the group.

Now onto the actual forces. What did you think it was just you guys? No you have followers, grunts, operatives etc. So let's find out about them.

Taking another trick from Appocalypse World, I'm gonna give all of you 5 options. You select one, via vote. This is the specialty, what your followers have an abundance of, or specialize in.

Options:

Equipment: Your followers are extremely well armed, military grade weaponry, and more than a few Knightmares besides the PCs' ones.
    Loyalty: If you have this in abundance, the soldiers you have are incredibly devoted to the cause, and are unlikely to flee, even in the face of overwhelming odds, or betray the group.
    Recruits: If you have this in abundance, you have lots of followers, and people in your organization, despite your infancy.
    Secrecy: Your recruits are positioned in all parts of society, serving as useful informants and capable of acting as a good spy network.
    Training: With this in abundance your followers are well trained, probably composing of several ex-military or mercenaries. They can follow orders to the letter, and can even operate sufficiently on their own initiative.

Then you select 2 that you didn't pick. This is what your group is lacking, or desperately needs.

Equipment: Your group is lucky to have more than pistols, or WW2 era explosives. If they are lucky there's an old Knightmare frame from 10 years ago they are almost finished salvaging. To make a proper fighting force you are going to need to acquire a lot more tech.
    Loyalty: Your recruits easily get swept up in the excitement, but at the first sign of danger, they will flee, or turn over information.
    Recruits: You have very few people working in your group, and are desperate need to increase recruitment.
    Secrecy: Your recruits and activities attract far too much attention. You think there's probably an information leak somewhere, as the police always seem to know what you are planning. The police are close to finding your location.
    Training: Your recruits are little more than hoodlums, extremely green. They barely know which way to hold their guns, let alone even attempt to pilot a Knightmare.

The ones you do not pick are just average. You aren't especially bad at them, or especially good at them.

This helps me figure out things your group desperately needs to properly expand into a credible threat.

Everyone gets to vote for one option for abundance, and two options for what you lack. Again, I go with majority.

Hope this all makes sense.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, for our thing I chose Loyalty?

For the flaw, Equipment? That's why Clara chose to support them? The Totally not australian weapons are being funnelled over much too slowly?
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Admiral View Post
    Well, for our thing I chose Loyalty?

For the flaw, Equipment? That's why Clara chose to support them? The Totally not australian weapons are being funnelled over much too slowly?
    You choose 2 flaws, and 1 benefit. So they would lack equipment and something else.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

For our benefit I vote for Secrecy.

For our flaws I vote for Equipment and Recruits.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoreBrute23 View Post
    You choose 2 flaws, and 1 benefit. So they would lack equipment and something else.
    Well recruits work.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Code Geass-The Knights of the Dawn [Fate Core] OOC

You've made the title clunkier by adding an extra The. It wasn't The Knights of the Dawn, it was The Knights of Dawn. Its just a bit smoother sounding if you ask me.

I think Loyalty, and then Equipment and Recruits.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

well, vote's for Loyalty

Equipment and Recruits are the flaws.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

From all we've discussed so far, +Loyalty and -Equipment, -Recruits does seem to match the current state of the group.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    You've made the title clunkier by adding an extra The. It wasn't The Knights of the Dawn, it was The Knights of Dawn. Its just a bit smoother sounding if you ask me.

I think Loyalty, and then Equipment and Recruits.
    Well now the name is positively Westerosi.

Has anyone heard from Nu? Perhaps in another game?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Code Geass-The Knights of Dawn [Fate Core] OOC

It doesn't look like she's posted in a few days.

I also just noticed that save Arja, everyone else has alliterative names: Lucifer Lee, Clara Coulson, Shiratsuyu Shigure.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, well this is worrying about Nu. I'll post an IC post tomorrow, after I get off my flight. I'll assume Nu is behind the scenes at HQ, or at her shop.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

I was wondering, does this site do fudge dice rolls? If not, what are we doing for that?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's my rambling on combat doctrine in CG world.

We know that the Code Geass world had a world war 1 equivalent, probably a European Civil War, however, there was no World War 2, doctrine wise anyway. Tanks never developed the Blitzkrieg doctrine, there never was a European theatre to demonstrate the sheer effectiveness of the Blitzkrieg.

So tanks were stuck being built to and using interwar doctrine. There were two major schools, French and British.

The French school seem to have been followed by the Brittanians, saw the tanks as infantry support, tanks followed infantry, tanks supported infantry. Calvary tanks stuck with infantry too, being used en mass alongside infantry to break through enemy lines.

The British school saw tanks as Calvary reborn, small groups of tanks rapidly manoeuvring to destroy enemy supply lines.

So, doctrine wise without a great european theatre to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Blitzkrieg doctrine, most of the Code Geass world's knowledge about armoured warfare can be summed up in this picture.

Then knightmare frames were introduced, utilising the Blitzkrieg doctrine, that's why Brittania has been so successful, the Blitzkrieg is an OCP for most armies unused to that. Most people rapidly adopted the frames, because it's the design that seems to work best with that doctrine abandoning tanks.

EDIT: Fudge rolls for this site can be replicated as 4d3-8
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2015-07-30 at 04:57 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Code Geass warfare is like running a delicatessen.

Those with the largest hams win.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

so this guy would win everything forever because he wants to hit them with his sword?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry for double post, edited the post turned it into faux flirting/mutual passive aggressive hate, no it's 4d3-8, but I'm using my connections skill to find stuff out.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2015-07-30 at 05:10 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Admiral View Post
    Sorry for double post, edited the post turned it into faux flirting/mutual passive aggressive hate, no it's 4d3-8, but I'm using my connections skill to find stuff out.
    Be careful before people start shipping you and Cassia.

Also remember, that France and Prussia is technically at (cold?) war with The HBE, so seeing one such lecturer at a Britannia school, is almost as surprising as seeing an 11 at one.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoreBrute23 View Post
    Be careful before people start shipping you and Cassia.
    But I already am shipping them as a strange combination of love and hate. :P
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Wow you guys got to posting fast.

I'm going to try and have a post up today, but I'm just gonna give forewarning that I've been in a bit of a slump recently, and I'm having difficulty mustering energy or motivation towards anything. I may be a bit slower than the rest of you. If need be, just assume Arja is being grim and stoically silent. I definitely don't want to hold people back just because I'm in a mood.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Aww, sorry to hear that! I hope you feel better soon.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry to hear that Amber. I know what that's like, I've been there before.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    "Professor, you state the main objective is saving human lives, and your reasoning stems from that. Aren't there thought experiments like the trolley or transplant problems that call that seemingly obvious assumption into question?"
    What is the transplant problem? I never studied Philosophy, so I'm not as good at the arguments as my NPC is supposed to be.

I'll get better, I promise. Or I'll start debating with mech fists, whichever comes first. ;)

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

Basically is it moral to choose to kill someone to save more people, is it moral to throw someone onto a track to save five people at the end of it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Defending with Rapport in the OOC,
    (4d3-5)[3]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Using Cunning +4 to create a rumor, using create advantage-

Rumors of affair with reporter Lucifer Lee

(4d3-4)[5]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Defend against it and run away bravely
    (4d3-5)[5]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

You tie. You can leave it as a boost, before conceding, in which case it's only the smallest of rumors, but that could grow. Or you could spend a fate point and squash the rumor before it can begin to spread, and then concede.

In which case, all people saw was you leaving, while she smiles at you, cocky and confident.