New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Half-Fiend Template

Hi, I feel a little stupid for asking, but what exactly constitutes the half-fiend template? I searched the internet and can't find it, and buying whatever book it's in will be tough--I'm short on funds. Some details (like, say if it adds LA or the traits it gives) would be greatly appreciated.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Half-Fiend Template

Do you have the Monster Manual?
    Diamond Mind avatar provided by Abardam.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

I also recommend this over the standard half-fiend. It makes a more believable half-fiend, and I always use it when I'm making half-fiends (which I do often).
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2007-05-06 at 04:49 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sadly, I do not have the monster manual. Well, I do. But it's 2nd edition, and from way back when I was a kid and read them 'cause they were interesting to toy with, despite the fact I had no idea what the hell THAC0 was.

Thanks to all who replied for their help, especially the websites. They helped. A lot.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

what constitutes a half fiend template, shouldn't your parents have told you that story lol.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

You might want to check out Crystal Keep which keeps a lot of information on the game from various sources. Has templates from various sources.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
    I also recommend this over the standard half-fiend. It makes a more believable half-fiend, and I always use it when I'm making half-fiends (which I do often).
    I 2nd that, especially for PCs where you likely have a specific heritage in mind, for a more generic encountered half-fiend the MM template is usually sufficient especially if its just a quick and dirty half-fiend.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Neat. Is there a celestial version of that nonstandard half fiend link?

10. - Top - End - #10

I don't remember seeing one but half-celestials and half-fiends are so similiar that you can just use the same principle of the half-fiend system there and apply it to celestials instead.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Latronis View Post
    I don't remember seeing one but half-celestials and half-fiends are so similiar that you can just use the same principle of the half-fiend system there and apply it to celestials instead.
    Still, ever notice most half-fiends are children of a demon or devil, while many half-celestial types actually have deific blood? A solar would work just fine, as would an evil god for a half-fiend, but that's not always how it works.

Erevan Ilesere sows his wild oats among elves everywhere in the multiverse...they don't all have divine ranks. ;) But it's a bit harder to use this method with a god as the base creature.

In a PbP campaign I'm playing a Star Elf Bard / Half Celestial daughter of Erevan Ilesere. The DM took the template and replaced all the SLA's with equivalent level spells from the Elf, Trickery and Luck domains.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Serpent Kingdoms had the "Unique" Half-Fiend Lizard Queen. Basically Lizard King with Half-Fiend template, plus an extra pair of arms(Marilith mother). Draegloths are more or less Drow with most of the Half-Fiend goodies, but I guess they trade the wings for "small arms"(the human pair that's mostly useless for combat), and have the claws on the big arms. It just takes a little imagination, really. This is the kind of stuff that should have been in Fiendish Codex I and II, but as far as I can tell, wasn't.
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talya View Post
    Neat. Is there a celestial version of that nonstandard half fiend link?
    Since Celestials tend more towards humanoid forms there isn't really any reason. Give a human wings and there's little more to make him more like his celestial parent than change his skin colour.

I guess you might want to look at Antropomorphic animals if you want a half-guardinal.

Changing the spell-like ability list might work as well. For example swapping out a few spells for fire iones for a Half-Firre Eladrin.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.