New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Michael's Specific Warlock Patron #14: Zuggtmoy, Demon Lady of Shedaklah

Spoiler: What exactly is this whole "specific warlock patron" thing all about?
    Show

I love the themes the warlock class bring to the table. Any character who wound up pledging himself to some sort of mysterious (Great old one), downright weird (Archfey), or devil (Fiend) will almost always have some sort of interesting backstory which is fun to explore in game.

However, the warlock subclasses in of themselves are pretty limited. Playing a warlock of Dagon, a demon lord of the abyss who resides in water, gives you the same classic "kill them all with fire" benefits as playing a warlock of Asmodeus. This is my attempt to change this.

Zuggtmoy, Lady of Shedaklah

Does the "I'm a fun guy" pun still work when it's a woman?

Expanded Spell list:

Spell Level Spells
    1st Silent Image, Tasha's Hideous Laughter
    2nd Phantasmal Force, Darkvision
    3rd Bestow Curse, Major Image
    4th Phantasmal Killer, Compulsion
    5th Contagion, Modify Memory

Pact features:

Fungal Body
    A soon as you dedicate. your soul to Zuggtmoy for your powers, your very being is infused with abyssal fungi right from the 222nd layer of the abyss. While these fungi slowly eat away at you, they do provide you with immunity to diseases and resistance to poison and the poisoned condition.

Hallucinogenic Magic
    When any enemy is affected by one of your spells of 1st level or higher, you can have them make an additional ]wisdom save. If they fail this save, they remain motionless until their next turn, their mind filled with visions of maddening illusions that the target tries to comprehend.

Fungal Touch
    Starting at level 10, you gain the ability to spread the fungi infecting your own body to others. While you have acclimated to these fungi over time, your allies have not. Once per long rest, you can cast contagion on an enemy. Any effects that manifest as a result of the illness you inflict appear to be induced by the funi you infect the target with. For example, a target infected by blinding sickness could appear to have fungi growing out of his eyes.

Master of Madness:
    Starting at level 14, enemies have disadvantage on your spells from the school of illusion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you ever use this class in a game, please post a link to the game in this thread or send me a pm telling me how this class performed. Any tips you can offer are helpful!
    Last edited by Michael7123; 2015-08-13 at 04:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Michael's Specific Warlock Patron #14: Zuggtmoy, Demon Lady of Shedaklah

Ever wanted a way to make your opponents high in DND before killing them with fungi? No? Well, that's probably a good thing. For those of you that said "yes", this class is for you.

Considering the types of madness's associated with Zuggtmoy in the rage of demons info I have access to (visible in the megathread I have up), enchantment and illuion, with a dab of necromancy, seemed like the appropriate spells for this class. I'm a bit worried that the capstone ability I gave is to powerful however. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
    Last edited by Michael7123; 2015-08-13 at 08:29 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Michael's Specific Warlock Patron #14: Zuggtmoy, Demon Lady of Shedaklah

Nifty.

I think you're right, the capstone is a bit much for 14. What if you switched it for "your enemies never have advantage on saves against your Illusion spells"? Same flavor, same simplicity, roughly half as effective.

4. - Top - End - #4

Just a couple of grammar notes:

Fungal Body says "duplicated" instead of "dedicated."

Fungal Touch says "accumulated" instead of "acclimated."
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Coplantor's Official Second-In-Command 2.0. It's alot like being Will Riker, but still with less alien women and also pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatars
    "Epic Abjurer" avatar by the astounding Fayt!
    "The-Fantastic-Protectimaton-MK-VIII" avatar by the wondrous KingGolem!
    "You-Know-You-Want-It" Paladin MD avatar by the mighty thelizard!
    "Eat-Steel-Vile-Flu" Paladin MD avatar by the sexier-than-I Dr. Bath!