Default Re: Ale, Fortune and Math

Spoiler: Allissia's Psychometry
    Show
    Allissia's Psychometry: (1d20+7)[20]

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat breathes easier as he hears Shae's council. He had hoped she'd say something similar.

Mat instead turns his attention to his sister and her working. "That's incredible, Liss! I had no idea you'd progressed so far! How long will it take?"

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Not long". Allissia's eyes close and she speaks what she is seeing, "I see Blackwoods... I feel the swords heat, it's pointed towards something.. or someone. It's owner feels nervous, not as used to bearing the sword...wait, the grip is gone...almost like a vine was wrapped around the hilt and pulled it free." She pauses for a moment. "It's take a long time to hit the ground, traveling very far. Wait, there's a clang against dirt, it's finally fallen." More silence from Allissia. "Dust is beginning to settle in this dark place, then a large unruly hand is picking this up. Strong but unworthy. I'm being tucked away unsheathed. The sword is angry, and it's being used without knowing it's potential. Wait, I see your face Mat, holding it after releasing it."

Her eyes open, somewhat shocked. "Wow, this sword certainly has a story. What do you make of it?"

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat puzzles for a moment before speaking.

"First: That was amazing. You need to teach me how to do that. Second: Blackwoods only grow in the Verduran, so we have a starting location. Next: We have a likely point where the conflict occurred. Just outside town there's a stand of Sandwood trees. Devilishly rare. The only other grove I've heard of it in the Tapur Mines in Quadira. Where I showed you my confrontation with the slavers. There once existed a portal between the two trees bound to the souls of lover dryads. One, Ferrox of the Verduran, still lives."

Mat's eyes widen for a moment as her remembers. He pulls a slip of paper from his pack.

"When I was in the mines, I took this blade from the hands of one of the slave drivers. He must have taken it from the dead dryad's den. There was also this, noting a slave trade where Qadiran miners were buying Taldan slaves."

Mat breathes. "And finally, I know of one senator who was working with the parties involved: Dalton Corrin. He was there at the Imperial Ball. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend. BUT, I know a certain ward of the Temple of Calistria who did. Vikeer. The woman whip-dancer from my vision."

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

After a rather insightful dinner, Allissia suggests that Mat should provide his testimony to the Senate in Cassomir. Mat advises he would think about it. Attempting to pay for dinner, the Empusa provides the check to Mat, advising the letters have been delivered, and her job is done. Mat celebrates with a good nights sleep.

The next day, Mat has a wand fitting session with Lord Lortei that goes quite well, enjoying each others company. Grand plans in his mind, Mat envisions something truly amazing for this commission. Mat gathers supplies, as a letter arrives for him from his Shadow Guild associate, "The Innkeeper" stating the payment has been made to him. Mat's smile could rival the light from First Dawn.

Beginning his most ambitious project yet, the math only understood to him; Mat attempts to create a gem out of compressed air. An incredibly dangerous process, Mat creates something he has never read about, and quite frankly didn't know was possible. His success leads to him focusing on finishing this wand, and enhancing his craft.

The night before the senate hearing, Mat meets with Allissia who pleads for him to testify. Mat does so, under the conditions that she step in when he does not want to elaborate. Meeting early the next morning with the Senate at the Admiralty Citadel, Mat is brought into the chambers with members of the senate, the Pontifex of Aroden, as well as Brother Zaganos and brother Noctis.

After the Pontifex of Aroden gives a brief prayer, Senator Dalton Corrin begins to discuss the this Senate is not like the one in Oppara. "Much like Aroden, we are the emissaries of a new age." He mentions issues with lord Gixx of Abolsom and protests against him, and that they would be holding a Pathfinder Society luncheon to honor venture captains and learn more information about goings on. Brother Zaganos speaks to issues with the Vuduran forest, that the Treaty has bene upheld for hundreds of years, and it would continue to do so. Senator Corrin calls Mat to speak.

Mat shows the Lion blade and slave records to the senate, who seems to understand that there may be a plot, while it might not be clear. As Senator Corrin thanks Mat for speaking, the morning light finally hits to whole chambers, and large vines made of blackwood begins to explode from its pots and begin attacking. Some of the senators fall, and during the combat, a bout between Senator Corrin and Brother Zaganos is heard, Corrin calling Zaganos a traitor. Mat takes this opportunity to attack and destroy Brother Zaganos. Brother Noctis is held back, while the final vines are destoryed. Senator Abonas, Senator Rhineville, and Pontifex Humprhey lay on the ground dead, with scraps accross their body and cold gray stares on thier faces.

Allissia runs to Senator Corrin, concerned of the treaty, seemingly happening the next day. Senator Corrin looks to Allissia and says in a confident but worried tone, "Don't we will help your Father." As the realization that apparently Yarrin Lora was chosen to go to the Treaty of the Wildwood, as Taldor's representation. Mat is standing in the cathedral contemplating his next steps.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat breathes heavily, walking over to his sister. "Are you alright?" He holsters First Dawn and holds out his hand to collect his Staff.

Turning to Senator Corrin, Mat similarly asks, "And you, Senator? I saw you Brother Zagnosa in some kind of magical altercation. Are you hurt? I can send for my personal physician. He's not far."

Looking to the body of the druid and his captured guardsman, Mat muses aloud. "We need to question them. Both of them if possible. How quickly can we get a Pharasmin here? Hopefully they'll also be able to revive our fallen legislators as well."

Then Mat snaps back to his sister, "Father? Our father is representing Taldor at the Wildwood Treaty? H-how? Why? He's a silk merchant, not an ambassador!"