New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Ale, Fortune and Math

Well, I suppose they're planning something nefarious if they locked the door after them. Mat's eyes flare amber and he channels a miniscule flame at the tip of his pointer finger. Concentrating on the flame, he increases the heat while decreasing the size and begins working on the door's lock. Hopefully, he'll be able to cut away the mechanism without the ruckus of kicking down the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mat casts Cutting Flame and begins to cut down the door's lock, slowly and quietly at first, unless he hears a rumpus inside.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Mat’s forefinger begins to emit a forceful flame from its tip. He carefully works his way around the lock of the door, until the lock is completely detached from the door. The door, not properly hinged, swings open slowly, exposing the room inside.

The house is quite well decorated, with incents and flowers placed nicely around the house. He hears more murmuring from deeper inside the house, but is unable to tell the extent of the noises.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat slowly and quietly makes his way inside, towards the murmuring. His wand at the ready, he prepares to jump in and be the hero.

4. - Top - End - #364

MonkGuy

Mathwin, wand ready, walks through the house. He comes upon a closed door. Getting close to the door, he hears moaning from a man, and a girl from inside softly say, “No stop, I can’t!”

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

And that's it . . . she said no. Mat opens the door and levels his wand at the closest man.

6. - Top - End - #366

MonkGuy

As Mathwin bursts through the door, he sees the girl, clothes ripped, and the two sailors naked on top of her, having their way with her. Both the sailors panic as the door open and the women shrieks!

A few silent seconds pass as the dust settles and the sailors look at you confused. The girl on the bed gets up and says, “Well, ‘E’ certainly knows how to put on a show.” She then falls back on the bed. The sailors shrug at each other. The female in a very naïve, innocent voice says, “Oh no! Another men has come to rob me of my jewels! No!” The two sailors grab her in an over dramatic way and the first one says, “You’ll have to get in line! The princesses jewels are ours!” He begins to force himself on the girl, while the other holds her down.

Spoiler: entitled check
    Show
    Mathwin is entitled to a Sense Motive check, if he pleases.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat stands there . . . confused.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive:(1d20)[7]

8. - Top - End - #368

MonkGuy

Mathwin looks at how the scene is playing out in front of him. He notices that the sailors grip is not very tight holding her down, nothing is broken inside the room and he can’t help but notice that the sailors are very pale under their clothes. Only their arms and face have been bronzed. Mathwin is confused.

As one sailor continues for act upon the girl, the other sailors say under his breath, “Come on! Get in there! What is this your first night?” He grabs your arm to try and bring you onto the bed.

Grapple check: (1d20+1)[11] against CMD 14.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat wrenches his arm from the man's grasp. He won't be reduced to a common gigolo, if that's what these men really are. He won't play Eolanner's game if that's who "E" actually is. He will play his own game, though. Perhaps the "princess" will enjoy it more than the game she's already playing.

Mat speaks with authority and grandeur, while also trying to play his part in this twisted fantasy.

"Unhand me! How dare you accuse me of thievery! I am no common thug, here to rob the Lady of her jewels. I am Mathwin of House Lora, Highborn Evoker of Varisia. I followed you two here to protect this woman from the likes unwashed sailors following her in the darkness. I entered here to save her from the debauchery you planned to commit. It seems I was mistaken, as this "Princess" revels in your debauchery. I will not "get in line" as you so eloquently put it. I shall complete my original task, rescue her from the likes of you two, and take her gratitude for my own! It is you two salts who will watch as I take what you had set to conquer."

Mat draws his Palm Wand of Airblast and uses it to Bull Rush each man from the bed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    CMB10 vs CMD:(1d20+10)[30]
    CMB10 vs CMD:(1d20+10)[27]

Mat then disrobes and enters the fray.

10. - Top - End - #370

MonkGuy

As Mathwin boastfully exclaims to the room, the 2 men are stunned, while the female jaw has dropped, grinning intensely. Your dramatics have caused both the men to get frustrated with your disruption, so they both begin to move towards you, leaving the female alone on the bed.

Mathwin whips his wands towards the two men, and summons a current of air. He spins his wand in circles, spinning the air faster and faster, as it gains momentum. He gentle flicks his wands towards the men and both men fly out the window. The window shatters as both men are flung quickly through the frame and the women stands awestruck. Her room in shambles, she looks onto you, already undressed and says, “Take me.”

Spoiler: Check
    Show
    Mat is entitled to a perform check.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Perform:(1d20+1)[5]

12. - Top - End - #372

MonkGuy

Mathwin, engaged in the moment, being the hero and rescuing “the princess”, doesn’t quite last as long as he normally would. Yet that doesn’t seem to stop this girl from having an absolute blast. The 2 men don’t seem to return, and Mat seems to satisfy this girl’s lust. From her actions, Mat seems to gather that this women gains excitement from rough and playful violent situations. She however, doesn’t seem to mind Mat’s intrusion, and plays along with his spontaneous ploy.

Afterwards, the lady gets up and give Mathwin a deep kiss. She then walks towards the door and says, “Don’t go anywhere my prince.” She then walks out the bedroom, leaving the door only slightly open. Mathwin is exhausted from a crazy night, the cool air on his naked body from the broken window feel amazing, and he lays in the bed as the lady leaves.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat gets up from the bed and rummages through his clothes until he finds his pipe. Lighting it, he sits on the bed and relaxes in the cool breeze.

14. - Top - End - #374

MonkGuy

Finding his pipe in his cloak, he lights a small amount of pipeweed, and lights it. He sits on the comfortable bed and smokes, as he cools off. His body feels strong, Mathwin is still slightly out of breath. Feeling the wind on his chest he continues to enjoy the moment, while thing of wrangling Hippogriffs.

Show
    Mat is entitled to a perception check.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception:(1d20)[12]

16. - Top - End - #376

MonkGuy

Smoking his pipe, Mathwin does not hear the women moving around, washing up or making any noise. In fact, he doesn’t hear anything at all.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat gets uneasy, hearing no commotion. He gets his clothes on as quickly as possible, still listening for any noise.

18. - Top - End - #378

MonkGuy

Mathwin quickly gets his clothes on and grabs his wand. This night has been full of surprises, but Mathwin had enough! He still hears no noise coming from the entire house. He very carefully pushes the door open to see what is happening in the hallway.

As quiet as a mouse, Mathwin peers down the hallway looking for the women. She doesn’t seem to be anywhere! Confused, Mat does a double check, and notices a small leather pouch laid at the foot of the door. The bag isn’t fully tied, and Mathwin can see a gleam of gold inside!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat opens the pouch with his wand, careful of touching a suspicious pouch.

20. - Top - End - #380

MonkGuy

Carefully, Mathwin opens to pouch with the tip of his wand. To his great surprise, it’s to be filled with gold pieces! And only gold pieces. The women must have left it as payment for the….services? Counting, Mathwin finds 50 gold pieces in the pouch, and is even more breathless than before!

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well now . . . that turned out better than expected! Mat pockets the gold and makes his way out of the house, trying to avoid notice as much as possible.

22. - Top - End - #382

MonkGuy

After an exciting and crazy night, Mathwin turns in for the night. Certainly not going as he expected, he tried to get as much sleep as he can to head out early.

Waking up early in the morning, Mathwin prepares his spell and heads out before the sun starts to rise too high.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat rises and shakes off the night's events. That certainly was a tail that'll stick for a while. He chuckles softly to himself. Pulling his shirt and coat on over his head, he does his best to smooth out his hair and beard and brushes his teeth with salt and soda. Looking at his golden eyes in the mirror, he smile. Time for a real adventure, eh? He grabs his spellbook from it's hiding place.

Opening his spellbook, he begins to study the spells he'll need for the day, as they're decidedly different than the spells he's used for transcribing at the Arcanamirium.

Grabbing his hat and rucksack, he walks downstairs to see if Mistress Oparra has anything quick to eat. He tells her that he'll be out of town on business for the next several days and to not worry about him. He also asks to borrow Hilardo to run errands for him this morning. When she turns to leave him, he gives her a playful pinch on the bottom. Finding Hilardo, Mat hands the boy a list and a letter of mark, sealed with his signet ring for the correct amount. "Now lad, I need you to go into The Coins and find these items for me. Most are easy to find. The one's that aren't, they'll likely be at an Alchemist's shop. That'll be the one that smells quite rotten. The shopkeepers shouldn't give you too much trouble if you present this letter to them. You buy these and come find me where Bill's stabled near the Guild, you know where? You do this for me and there's a gold measure for you. You got it?" Waiting for the boy's assent, Mat tussles his hair and sends him on his way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like Hilardo to buy:
    Beast Lure
    Deodorizing Agent
    Rope 50ft
    Two large cloth or leather sacks, stuffed with raw cotton or wool
    Feed for Bill for 6 days
    Water for both Mat and Bill for 6 days.

Mat quickly finishes the meal, kisses Mistress Oparra on both cheeks, and heads into the market, himself. He's looking for two big ticket items in particular: Potions of Cure Light Wounds, and a scroll of Hypnotism.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat walks through the Coins, enjoying the sights and smells of the morning. I certainly hope I'll find the Hippogriffs without much difficulty. I wonder if I'll be able to get one of my very own. Probably not. Might have to blast the bloody things out of the sky, in fact. Hope not though. Be an awful shame.

25. - Top - End - #385

MonkGuy

Ready for an adventure, Mathwin studies spells which will allow him to better travel a long and possibly dangerous road. He packs his coat tight with items to protect himself and takes a few extra seconds in the mirror, in hopes a more polished look will garner him better prices in the market.

Downstairs, Mistress Oparra giggles at your obvious flirtation and Hilardo grabs your list and take off towards the market. Mentioning his brief departure, Mistress Oparra tells you to head towards Felicia’s Potions. She knows the owner very well, as they gossip over tea all the time. She says if you mention her name, she might be able to drop the prices a bit. As you leave, she blows a kiss towards you and you head off towards the Ivy district.

The streets are busy this morning, as news of the tournament have brought travelers and challengers. Many shop owners do a lot of business this time of year, so Mathwin is careful to keep his pockets in check, for children and more experienced thieves.

Mathwin enters Felicia’s, a small shop smelling of roses and herbs, painted with pink and blue walls/flowers and busy for the morning. It seems many magicians are looking for magic items and alchemists come early to get the freshest products. Looking on the shelves, you see most of them are empty, probably because thieves will take the expensive items in a busy store. Behind the counter, you see 3 young beautiful ladies carefully measuring components and mixing in bottles, and talking to the customers is a women with blue skin and long silver hair. She speaks in a very calming whisper, and helps each of the customers before you. It isn’t long before you approach the counter, inquiring about the items you need. Mentioning Mistress Oparra, she smiles and graciously says, “Oh, she is one of my favorites. She always has the best gossip! And she has mentioned you, and she wasn’t wrong about how cute you are.” Adding a slight giggle, she checks her inventory, stating, “Because you’re so good to her, I can let these curing potions go for 15 gold each, and the scroll for 20 gold. If you decide to buy the four potions I have in stock, I will give you one for free. I do this, because these potions have been in low demand, and we’ve had them for awhile. I know the magic in them is still good, but customers always want something new. I do this for a friend.” She smiles as Mathwin ponders the deal
    Last edited by Leomor; 2015-12-07 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Hyperlink

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat puts on his most charming smile for the Sylph woman. "I'd very happily take these at that price! I'll take all four and the scroll, although I'm not quite sure you haven't used the scroll upon me yourself, for I have been positively enthralled by you since the moment I walked through the door." Mat bows and gives his best leg, taking the woman's hand and planting a gingerly kiss upon the back of it. "I'm Mathwin, High Son of House Lora. And you are . . . ?"
    Last edited by AlphaLuke; 2015-12-07 at 01:37 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387

MonkGuy

The sylph lady blushes at your charm, saying “I am Fecilia, 3rd daughter of the Path estate. It is a pleasure to finally meet you. And don’t think I haven’t been warned about those eyes.” She smiles playfully as you hand her 65 gold pieces, and she places 4 potions of cure light wounds and a scroll of hypnotism in front of you. She winks as she thanks you for your business and moves to the next customer, as the store is still quite busy.

Heading back towards your estate, Mathwin sees Hilardo carrying a great many items in different bags towards the house. The boy seems to have come through. Heading towards Bill, Mat checks the items that Hilardo has gotten. Unhappy with the price of the Beast Lure and Deodorizing agent, Mat thanks Hilardo for his help. Checking the leather bag, he sees someone has quickly stitched some wool inside the bag. Hilardo mentions it cost a little more, but he didn’t want to come back empty handed. Hilardo hands Mathwin his money back, with all but 1 one gold pieces spent in total.

With all the items Mathwin was looking for, and Bill fed and ready to begin his journey, Mat feels ready to journey.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tussling Hilardo's hair and pressing a gold measure into his hand, Mat pats Bill on the nose. "You take care of yourself while I'm away, lad. If I hear that you've been getting into trouble, I'll snatch that right back the moment I make it back to the Wastrel, you hear?" Mat smiles at the youth and begins to walk out of town leading the mule.

Walking through the various districts, Mat hopes that he got going early enough to make good progress towards the Hippogriff nests before nightfall. Lighting his pipe as he walks, he begins to blow smoke rings into the air as he strolls towards the gates. As he usually does while traveling, his eyes flare as he occasionally casts Sign of Discovery and Double Take to keep track of the world around him.

29. - Top - End - #389

MonkGuy

Absolom is beautiful during the spring, and Mathwin’s walk down it’s corridors during the early hours of the day makes him appreciate it much more. Life is busy, and the beauty of how these people seem to cycle on everyday with the same duties and life gives Mat the feeling of freedom.

His thoughts flash to his home in Taldor. Life was quite similar there, waking up early, doing your job, praying to the Gods for wealth and prosperity, then go to sleep and do the same thing over again. Luckily for Mat, being born to a fairly wealthy silk trader, there isn’t much that he wanted for. Always fed, given fine clothes and toys, his childhood was mostly a dream. Towards the end of his stay in Taldor, Mathwin’s magic understanding began to grow, and his father began to push more and more towards schooling. Mathwin remembers feeling forced into the program. Why did he HAVE to learn magic, why did he have to been sent away and why did he have to leave his sister? Only with time did Mathwin understand his parents decision to spend most of their income and resources to send his to one of the finest academies of magic. But at the time, Mathwin was furious with his parents.

Schooling turned out to be a blessing for Mathwin. Always a show off, Mathwin excelled at personal development and his studies. The first year was tough, because Mathwin did not want to be forced to turn in a paper by a due date every single day. The teachers learned that he needed a more independent study process. Once Mathwin had that freedom, and less rigid guidelines, he was suddenly at the top of his class. Even deciding to leave and pursue the world was his decision and he still thinks it was the best thing for him to this day.

Truly happy with his life, he walks free of restraint and orders. On a path of adventure and gold, Mathwin blows a ring of smoke behind him as he walks past the gates of Aboslom, into the road between Westerhold and Shoreline. Westerhold homes the high elite of Absolom. All who have money beyond Mat’s dream live here. He’s walked it a few times, but many homes have dedicated private security, so it often seems not worth the risk. To the south, Shoreline homes some of the less fortunate, as well as many laborers in Absolom. There are many taverns here, usually with a much more lower crowd then within the city. Always a good place for a bar fight. The Tavern the Mat must meet the Innkeeper is in this town, so he’ll be visiting one of them soon enough.

Making good time, Mathwin view the area around him, walking beside his faithful companion, Bill. Checking his surroundings, he views the roads ahead and behind, looking for trouble, gold and hopefully a fair maiden in need of service.

Show
    Mathwin is entitled to his perception check.
    Last edited by Leomor; 2015-12-09 at 10:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat keeps his eyes peeled as he walks the road out of Absalom.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception:(1d20+2)[6]