New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Ale, Fortune and Math

The man looks at you, and after taking a second to look you down, waves back. He is a extremely ripped man, somewhat larger than most. He has short sprig of hair on his head and a mustache that is proud and seemingly extremely well groomed. He is not wearing any clothes above his waist, he does not hesitate to flex his muscles. In a loud booming voice, he says "Aye! Your about another 2 hour walk from here Just make sure when you approach the waterfall, you walk to the north of it, not the south. The south seems to be infested with Goblins. You on contract?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[10]
    Regarding the man, Mat smiles. I am, indeed! I certainly hope you left some logs for me! And, thank for the advice. It'd be nice to avoid as many goblins as possible.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Double Take
    Show
    Double Take: [roll0]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Double Take Fix
    Show
    Double Take: (1d20+2)[10]

5. - Top - End - #95

MonkGuy

As far as you can tell, this man seems genuine about his advice.
    "You should be more worried about me leaving any goblins for you!!" He laughed loudly. "But there is a whole forest of trees left for you! I'd give you some of mine, but this wood burns longer than the trees in the Copperwood, so I thought I would take a little extra for myself!" You can see his large wheel barrow is stacked quite tall, yet he has no problem moving it through the forest. "But it was good to meet you fair adventurer! I am Daryl, son of Daryl the strong! And you?"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well met, Daryl Son of Daryl. Mat doff his hat and makes a bow with great flourish. I am Mathwin of House Lora, Varisian Trained Evoker Extraordinaire. Did the goblins seem to use any unusual tactics? I'd love to have a leg up if I run into any. And since this isn't a competitive contract, there's no use in us keeping any secrets.

7. - Top - End - #97

MonkGuy

Dayrl laughs, "They tried to flank me, but they were no match for my fists!" He strikes the hard with precise and quick punches, relishing in every second of glory from his fight. Once he finishes, he stops to ponder your previous statment. "Evoker huh? You should be fine. Even for a man of your size, the goblins hate the use of magic. And usually aren't smart enough to see it coming! Now, I must be on my-" he pauses quickly. His head shifts to the east.

Spoiler: Check
    Show
    (Mat is granted a perception check)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+2)[17]

9. - Top - End - #99

MonkGuy

Mathwin hears the same rustle of leaves. Suddenly the leaves start to rustle more and more, until from the West, 3 wolves run out from behind the trees and begin to run towards Mat and Daryl. Daryl punches his fists together and yells, "Lunchtime!!"

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Roll for initiative.

Dayrl: (1d20+5)[7]

Wolf 1: (1d20+2)[15]

Wolf 2: (1d20+2)[12]

Wolf 3: (1d20+2)[14]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat prepares himself.
    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[11]

11. - Top - End - #101

MonkGuy

All three of the woves snarl as they run toward Mat and Daryl, with 2 getting there in time to try and take a bite of someones leg.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Wolf 1: Bite against Daryl: (1d20+2)[17] against AC 18. Damage- (1d6+1)[3] + Trip

Wolf 2: Bite against Mat: (1d20+2)[21] against AC 16. Damage- (1d6+1)[2] + Trip

12. - Top - End - #102

MonkGuy

Daryl is able to barely jump out of the way of the wolfs bite, while Mat takes a nasty bite to the leg.

Spoiler: Trip Attempt
    Show
    Wolf 3 Trip attempt: (1d20+2)[9] against CMD 14

13. - Top - End - #103

MonkGuy

Mat is able to kick the wolf free from his leg, before the wolf drags him to the ground.

Daryl moves closer towards the 2 wolves, and flexes his muscles tight, as unleashes a punch to each of the wolves.

Spoiler: Daryl's Attacks
    Show
    Daryl Flurry Wolf 1: (1d20+5)[13] against AC 14. Damage (1d6+2)[7]

Daryl Flurry Wolf 2: (1d20+5)[17] against AC 14. Damage (1d6+2)[5]

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat steps back, blood dripping from his leg, and pulls Bill back with him. Duck, Daryl! Mat yells, hoping to give the man some warning before unleashing his spell. Then, Mat's eyes flash amber as he weaves the fire before him. Spreading his palm wide, Mat unleashes a wave of flames upon the wolves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step, pulling Bill with me. Cast Burning Hands. Does (4d4+1)[10] fire damage. Wolves need to make a Ref save DC 17 for half damage.

15. - Top - End - #105

MonkGuy

Spoiler: Reflex Saves
    Show
    Wolf 1 reflex: (1d20+5)[23]
    Wolf 2 reflex: (1d20+5)[9]
    Wolf 3 reflex: (1d20+5)[22]
    Daryl reflex: (1d20+4)[12]

16. - Top - End - #106

MonkGuy

The two outer wolves are able to move out of the way for some of the flame, but Daryl and the other wolf take full damage from Mat's fire.

The angry wolves then flank Daryl and begin to gnaw at his ribs, while the third wolf takes and bite at Mat's shoulder.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Wolf 1 Attack against Daryl: (1d20+2)[8] Against AC 14 (Flanked) Damage: (1d6+1)[6] + Trip (1d20+2)[15] Against 13 CMD
    Wolf 2 Attack against Daryl: (1d20+2)[16] Against AC 14 (Flanked) Damage: (1d6+1)[2] + Trip (1d20+2)[21] Against 13 CMD
    Wolf 3 Attack against Mat: (1d20+5)[11] Against AC 12 Damage: (1d6+1)[2] + Trip (1d20+2)[14] Against 14 CMD

17. - Top - End - #107

MonkGuy

Daryl is unable to focus he strengths on both wolves, avoiding the first bite, yet falling prey to the second, being tripped in the process. He attempts to roll out of the way of the wolves.

Spoiler: Acrobatics
    Show
    Daryl's Acrobatic's check: (1d20+5)[23] against DC 19.

18. - Top - End - #108

MonkGuy

Daryls is able to quickly roll out of the way of the wolves bites and stands, ready for the next bite, yelling "Come at me you monsters! My grandchildren will wear yuor pelts!!" You hear the anger in his tone, as he bleeds from his side.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat once more sidesteps the wolves to a more advantageous position for casting. Seeing Daryl bleeding and surrounded, Mat thinks.

I could send another blast of fire out and kill him alongside the wolves, then I'd get the wood AND not have to worry about goblins. But this blowhard hasn't done anything against me . . . yet. No, no. Better to make a friend.

Mat's eyes blaze as he pours his soul into his signature spell, and unleashes a barrage of missiles against the wolves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step w/ Bill. Moment of conscience. Magic Missile. No attack roll, no save.
    Wolf 1: (1d4+1)[5]
    Wolf 2: (1d4+1)[4]
    Wolf 3: 2 Missiles and the Intense Spell Damage, just because he's biting me. (2d4+2)[9]

20. - Top - End - #110

MonkGuy

3 missiles made or pure force explode from Mat's hand, and fire with precise aim into each of the wolves, as two of the wolves fall flat to the ground. The third snarled at Mathwin, and attempts to rip at his throat.

Spoiler: Wolf Attack
    Show
    Wolf 2 Bite: (1d20+2)[4] Against AC 12. Damage: (1d6+1)[2], if successful, trip: (1d20+2)[4]

21. - Top - End - #111

MonkGuy

As the wolf attempt to rip at Mathwin, he completely misses as Mathwin sees their tactics are extremely simple.

Daryl walks up confidently behind the wolf, clenches his fist and attempts to bury it deep in the ground, with the wolf being a nice cushion.

Spoiler: Daryl's attack
    Show
    Daryl's attack; (1d20+6)[18] Attack (1d6+3)[4]

22. - Top - End - #112

MonkGuy

As Daryl brings his fist into the wolf, you hear the multiple snaps of bones and he drives it into the ground. Mat is somewhat impressed by his strength, even if he did let a few wolves get past him.

Daryl stands, looks at Mat, and gives a hearty laugh! Daryl walks towards Mat, wipes the blood from his bite with one hand, and reaches out towards Mat's bloody hand from wiping his own leg.

Spoiler: Grapple
    Show
    Daryl attempts to grapple Mat. (1d20+8)[18] against Mat's CMD: 14

23. - Top - End - #113

MonkGuy

Daryl grabs Mat's hand, and shakes his fist very fervently. "That was a rousing fight! I never feel more alive than after battle. And you and me?!" He raises your fist and his to face level, "We're blood brother now! Nothing brings us closer than when two men fight together! HAHA!!" He lets go of your hand, and begins to pick up the wolves carcases. "Do you care for these?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat wipes his bloody hand with a handkerchief drawn from his pocket. No, Daryl, feel free. I apologize for singeing you, but I was trying to get them all in the blast.

Mat examines the wound on his leg. Damn, should have bought healing before taking this fool contract.

25. - Top - End - #115

MonkGuy

Daryl looks at your wound, hoping to help the bleeding stop.
    Spoiler: Heal check
    Show

Daryl's heal check. (1d20)[7]

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thank you for your help, Daryl.

27. - Top - End - #117

MonkGuy

Daryl laughs as you apologize, “HAHA, I would have done the same! Those beasts deserved it! Thinking they could best us? Not even close!” As he looks at your wounds, he pulls a small potion from his side bag. “Here, take my healing potion. I always like to feel my wounds. It helps me learn and deal with the pain.” He grabs a leaf out of the same pocket, and begins rubbing it over his wounds. Afterwards, it looks like his wounds have stopped bleeding, and there is a small layering of substance produced by the plant over his wounds.

Daryl stands and says, “I hope that your journey is full of adventures my friend! I hope we meet in combat again! And remember, stay North if you want to avoid the goblins. Or journey South, and give those goblins hell!!” He laughs as he walks further into the forest, singing a dwarven song of battle. As the song begins to fade, Bill looks at you, and nuzzles your sacks, seemingly asking for food.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mat immediately drinks the potion, thankfully.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light Potion: (1d8+1)[7]

Waving farewell to Daryl, Mat begins to pull Bill's feed sack out of his saddlebags. "So, buddy," he says to Bill. "Where to? Glory and goblins? Or safety for you and me in the North?"

Thinking, Mat begins to walk north with the mule. Not taking Daryl's friendly advice for granted, he still holds out his Rowan wand, prepared for ambush.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+2)[4]
    Re-Perception: (1d20+2)[5]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Double Take-ing until I roll higher than 15.

30. - Top - End - #120

MonkGuy

As Mat treads down the path, he comes before a beautiful waterfall. Bill walks up and takes a few gulps of spring water. The sun shines down straight from the tree line, which must mean it's about midday. He decides to walk north of the waterfall, hoping that Daryl’s advice is correct.

After walking for a short while, he notices that the trees start to subtly change. The trees are shorter, with darker bark, and there are yellow leaves more and more frequently on the ground. He doesn't see any trees that were described, but he knows that the trees don't grow everywhere. After a short while of looking around the area, he is able to find a tree with the blackest bark and yellow leaves. He believes this to be the bark he needs. The bark seems very thick and tough.
    Last edited by Leomor; 2015-09-09 at 02:56 PM.