Attacks: none
    Base speed: 0 feet(unconscious)
    Base attack/grapple 0/-4
    Environment: Earth
    Organization: Civilization
    Challenge Rating: 0
    Level Adjustment: +0
    Advancement: None(medium)
    Last edited by noob; 2015-08-22 at 04:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as NPCs

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    [Snip]
    sag: 3
    hp: 0
    Flaw:Frail(allows to get 0 from a hd)
    [Snip]
    init: -4
    will: -4
    vig :-4
    ref :-4
    [Snip]
    Oh, man. What Edition are you using, to include stats that start below 3, Sag in place of Wis, Vig in place of Fort, and having permanent 0 HP? I haven't touched the older ones in a long time, after all.
    Last edited by TheifofZ; 2015-08-22 at 04:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    I INSPIRE AWE IN MY ENEMIES BY SERVING THEM TEA.
    Awesome Avatar courtesy of Ava. Adopt an Avatar today!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheifofZ View Post
    Oh, man. What Edition are you using, to include stats that start below 3, Sag in place of Wis, Vig in place of Fort, and having permanent 0 HP? I haven't touched the older ones in a long time, after all.
    This person also uses 'Planar Shepherd of the Far Realms' for an answer to anything asked on this forum, so I'm not entirely sure they're in their right mind. I suspect they're the reincarnation of a certain drako person, though I haven't seen any shirtless sorcerers from him.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-08-22 at 09:22 AM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    This person also uses 'Planar Shepherd of the Far Realms' for an answer to anything asked on this forum, so I'm not entirely sure they're in their right mind. I suspect they're the reincarnation of a certain drako person, though I haven't seen any shirtless sorcerers from him.
    but the far realms are not a plane, they are an existence outside the normal rules used for planes.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    but the far realms are not a plane, they are an existence outside the normal rules used for planes.
    I never said it was legal, and your confirmation of that fact further reinforces my suspicions.

Edit: Apparently there's a blank 5e sheet that I have no knowledge of making in my myth weavers sheet library
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-08-22 at 09:35 AM.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    I like how when any gamers have to stat themselves, they usually have almost genius level IQs.
    to be fair a number of people on this forum probably run an IQ in the ball park of the 110s and 120s. That would put their IQ in the 13-15 using normal distribution to estimate a comparison (with 3d6 rolls to get the bell curve for the int score). This kind of comparison doesn't account for people with super genius IQs like Stephen Hawking because they are so rare. Using this I would put my int at about ~17 give or take 1 because I need to have a more reliable IQ test taken before I can narrow mine down... To be honest I was not expecting that.

If you must know you would end up with a chart something kinda like this using normal distributions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Int IQ
    3 57
    4 66
    5 72
    6 78
    7 83
    8 88
    9 93
    10 98
    11 102
    12 107
    13 112
    14 117
    15 122
    16 128
    17 134
    18 143

Edit: also, add 1 to the int column for each time you get an age bonus... for reasons...
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-08-22 at 09:55 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Technically, I actually do. Which makes me think less of myself as clever and more of everyone else as really stupid.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    yes my mother language is Turkish
    and that was accident on reference part
    My mother language is english. My father language is latin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

8. - Top - End - #128

to be fair a number of people on this forum probably run an IQ in the ball park of the 110s and 120s. That would put their IQ in the 13-15 using normal distribution to estimate a comparison (with 3d6 rolls to get the bell curve for the int score). This kind of comparison doesn't account for people with super genius IQs like Stephen Hawking because they are so rare. Using this I would put my int at about ~17 give or take 1 because I need to have a more reliable IQ test taken before I can narrow mine down... To be honest I was not expecting that.

If you must know you would end up with a chart something kinda like this using normal distributions.
    Spoiler
    Show

Int IQ
    3 57
    4 66
    5 72
    6 78
    7 83
    8 88
    9 93
    10 98
    11 102
    12 107
    13 112
    14 117
    15 122
    16 128
    17 134
    18 143

Edit: also, add 1 to the int column for each time you get an age bonus... for reasons...
    However, f we're using Int-to-IQ, this means that a person's Int Score fluctuates on a day to day basis, just as a normal person's IQ does.
    Which would change the rules for D&D completely, so maybe it's best they don't hew too closely, after all.
    As an aside, this chart would put me somewhere between 14 and 18, based on the time of day and what I've been doing lately...

Although I wonder how my friend's Player persuaded the GM to let him start with an Int ballparking closer to 22... Wish I could be that persuasive.
    Last edited by TheifofZ; 2015-08-22 at 02:21 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

However, f we're using Int-to-IQ, this means that a person's Int Score fluctuates on a day to day basis, just as a normal person's IQ does.
    Which would change the rules for D&D completely, so maybe it's best they don't hew too closely, after all.
    As an aside, this chart would put me somewhere between 14 and 18, based on the time of day and what I've been doing lately...

Although I wonder how my friend's Player persuaded the GM to let him start with an Int ballparking closer to 22... Wish I could be that persuasive.
    Hm, I would be very interesting in the research that says IQ changes like that, especially given what an IQ score means.

Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #130

Hm, I would be very interesting in the research that says IQ changes like that, especially given what an IQ score means.
    Actually, applying a little logic here works wonders; people change as they are exposed to new things, and the way they approach problems can change too. Depending on health, stress, and other 'environmental' factors, how clearly and quickly you can think things through changes fairly regularly as well.
    I wouldn't expect someone's IQ to jump a dozen points from monday to friday, but standard testing might see a drift of a couple points depending on if you got 5 to 6 hours of sleep instead of 8, or if you're really distracted by debt, or if you're all stuffed up because of 'seasonal allergies' or so on.

This is also because IQ tests aren't absolute, and as much as we'd like to claim otherwise, there's a lot that goes on in the human mind that people just plain don't understand enough to generate an absolute accurate measurement of how intelligent someone is, such that we can perfectly pinpoint an exact number that permanently describes a person.
    Last edited by TheifofZ; 2015-08-22 at 02:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Actually, applying a little logic here works wonders; people change as they are exposed to new things, and the way they approach problems can change too. Depending on health, stress, and other 'environmental' factors, how clearly and quickly you can think things through changes fairly regularly as well.
    I wouldn't expect someone's IQ to jump a dozen points from monday to friday, but standard testing might see a drift of a couple points depending on if you got 5 to 6 hours of sleep instead of 8, or if you're really distracted by debt, or if you're all stuffed up because of 'seasonal allergies' or so on.

This is also because IQ tests aren't absolute, and as much as we'd like to claim otherwise, there's a lot that goes on in the human mind that people just plain don't understand enough to generate an absolute accurate measurement of how intelligent someone is, such that we can perfectly pinpoint an exact number that permanently describes a person.
    Some people are also much better test takers than others. And no IQ test that I'm aware of is administered in a perfect set of conditions. Every one that I was put through as a kid involved an adult administering the test during the IQ test, so there are additional potential anxiety factors there.

And even then, IQ isn't the end all be all for measuring intelligence (and it's not the best measure for success in life). So, while I find the 'IQ to Int score' interesting, I'm pretty sure that Int score for dnd is supposed to include more than just IQ.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

That is fine and all but an IQ score is an estimate of your relative intelligence to other people in your age category. Not some level of brain function.

Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, man. What Edition are you using, to include stats that start below 3, Sag in place of Wis, Vig in place of Fort, and having permanent 0 HP? I haven't touched the older ones in a long time, after all. "
    Fixed the confusions I did about the names
    Real life allows you to start as a vegetable and npcs does not have all the player made restriction and you probably read "Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as NPCs" which means that you have far less restrictions than with players.
    Also there is no problem having a 2 in any stat except for intelligence when you read the monstrous player rules and I do not remember non monstrous rules who forbid to start with 2 int(half orc + 4 initial int can do that if I remember well)
    And for the planar shepherd of the far realms I never said it was the solution to everything for example for destroying huge things you need years of real life playing(so for example you want to destroy a city is is going to take tons of time compared to 10^15 better builds around there) and I never said it was the best build and also it is a 100% non spontaneous caster and with the way of playing I did you are going to need thousand of years of saying "I sleep" "I cast spell 1 then spell 2 then spell 3 then it is the end of my workday and I eat food and I sleep again"(the humans in real life sadly lives only one and a half century at most and also they get bored fast with something like this build) also if you are in a world where builds of an equivalent cheese level exists 1: you are going to be wrecked by an ice assassin who lives in the far realms itself and is permanently under the effect of time stop(and who in addition use greater celerity and initially can cast an unlimited number of quickened spells per round) and who rain destruction with portals and trans-dimensional spells.
    The planar shepherd only interest is that it is fairly simple but even for that there is probably builds infinitely better in simplicity and power and number of words per action simultaneously(Like maybe chain wishes with properly formulated wishes making all the work to be done by the gm now you can go away and do other things until the gm said he did not wanted to manage an infinite chain of wishes).
    So in fact the planar shepherd is a solution only if you want to beat regulars encounter(base manuals monsters played in an unoptimal way) and for having multiple weaknesses even against those encounter like "You encounter a dire tortoise and it charges at you" since not only your planar bubble might include opponents(if they get near enough) but you also need to win the initiative for casting your plannar bubble before the opponents acts so for example this build is not going to protect you from rogues.
    I proposed it as a villain because one person wanted for TO gish builds to fight his players but it was mostly because it was a little TO but beatable.(and I still thinks there is many better builds in this niche)
    Then I forgot where is the other threads where I posted this and also the reasons.
    For having permanently 0 hp it is doable in 3.5 with the frail flaw
    Description in 3.5
    Frail
    You are thin and weak of frame.
    Effect
    Subtract 1 from the number of hit points you gain at each level. This flaw can reduce the number of hit points you gain to 0 (but not below).
    Special
    You must have a Constitution of 4 or higher to take this flaw.
    So with 4 con and this flaw I have -4 hp per level and it can be 0 allowing my commoner to have 0 hp at level 1(in addition he is never going to gain hp)(again I changed the constitution for being able to take this flaw)
    Else for the far realms here is a description of what it can be from the manual of planes:
    FAR REALM
    Also called Outside, the Far Realm is a plane—or perhaps
    a space beyond the planes
    So yes it also means that the planar shepherd of the far realms not only need for the campaign to include the far realms but also for it to consider it as a plane so it is incredibly hard to find a campaign allowing this build because not only it must be cheese permissive but also to have an extremely precise sight of the far realms and to allow a planar shepherd of the far realms knowing it paralyses the game for then real life years but then in that campaign you get blasted by khepri.
    Last edited by noob; 2015-08-22 at 05:08 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

So, uh... what's going on?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Int IQ
    3 57
    4 66
    5 72
    6 78
    7 83
    8 88
    9 93
    10 98
    11 102
    12 107
    13 112
    14 117
    15 122
    16 128
    17 134
    18 143

Uh.... then where would an IQ that places consistently between 180 and 160 go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Colossus in the Playground

Well, if we assume that the IQ-bellcurve follows the 3d6 bellcurve in that way, all IQs of 143 and up are Int 18. Of course, there are Ints over 18, so that doesn't quite hold up.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So, uh... what's going on?
    *hides behind Snowbluff* some kind of debate about IQ and Int scores and other such things. I'm just going to stay where it's safe...behind a paladin.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    *hides behind Snowbluff* some kind of debate about IQ and Int scores and other such things. I'm just going to stay where it's safe...behind a paladin.
    You'll want LP then. Snowbluff is anything but a paladin.

I'll put you through to him. LP, distressed person on line 2, distressed person on line 2. Asking for a paladin to cower behind.

EDIT: LP, we've got a situation involving snowbluff. Please report, STAT.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-08-22 at 08:45 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    behind a paladin.
    paladin

Do you think I'm a paladin? That's flattering.
    TV tropes link to trap people, and I'm done. Excellent.
    But seriously, what? I thought you all already statted your actual selves. You need other people to stat your fictional selves. For a bunch of guys claiming to be really smart, you are really missing the point.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

20. - Top - End - #140

I believe I have refrained from stating myself for that very reason, yes.

So now I sit here and wait and idly debate the exact state of the IQ to Int rate.
    And would you believe, I didn't even mean for that to rhyme? Quirky.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Banned

You need other people to stat your fictional selves.
    Yeah, well, that's their fault, not mine!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

I'll give permission, eh why not.

This isn't homebrew, though, so don't expect much from me this thread... unless I decide to stat someone out as a god/Jack/Final Fantasy character for my own amusement.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

23. - Top - End - #143
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: I have an IQ! There's numbers in it!
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Show

ehm, Marlowe, did you leave any part of the 4th wall intact there? I mean, I'm reading deadpool levels of breaking here...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    ehm, Marlowe, did you leave any part of the 4th wall intact there? I mean, I'm reading deadpool levels of breaking here...
    socratov you might want to roll craft check for your 4th wall counter mine gives still intact message

26. - Top - End - #146

PirateWench

OH GOD! Someone give me hand holding this shoring up quick!
    Last edited by KrimsonNekros; 2015-08-24 at 05:36 AM.
    Iron Chef in the Playground LXVI - Honorable Mention : Azalin Stonecutter

Iron Chef Home Cooking in the Playground II - Second Place : Takenaka Kenshin

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    socratov you might want to roll craft check for your 4th wall counter mine gives still intact message
    Khadgar, you might want to recheck the 4th wall and roll for it because it's broken alright...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

28. - Top - End - #148

If I don't have characters that are aware of their own status as fictional characters and have some knowledge of others from outside their own franchise , then I'll be stuck with spending the entire strip having them explain the rules of various universes to each other as though that somehow advances the plot or is funny in and of itself.

There are comics that are like that. I don't tend to pay much attention to them.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Show

*Exhales sharply through noise*
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

On an unrelated note:
    Spoiler: Battleship Motorcycle
    Show

Spoiler: Giant Robot on (in) unicycle
    Show

Spoiler: Bikini suicide troops
    Show

ZANSCARE

If it had any sense or dignity to it, it wasn't us.