A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: The Titans' Folly [OOC2]

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    Not sure Davanda would be up to it (and it'd not really be fun for me)... but she shall fight if need be.
    If you can track them down the Innumerable would probably fight anybody for any reason. Keep that in mind in case you need a mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.
    Avatar Designed by EmersonTung, Recreated by Gengy

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    If you can track them down the Innumerable would probably fight anybody for any reason. Keep that in mind in case you need a mercenary
    Yes she'd trust you with taking care of the stars when they are in trouble, who else would she trust with them? Obviously someone who's committed a crime would never do so again.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes she'd trust you with taking care of the stars when they are in trouble, who else would she trust with them? Obviously someone who's committed a crime would never do so again.
    Pfft, guard duty is boring. I meant if you were like, "Hey you guys, if you beat this guy up I'll give you a quarter," they'd be all over that.
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RocksFall View Post
    For now! TM_Evil_Laugh.Wav
    Uh, buddy, you might want to reconsider that because-
    You touch those things and Davanda will come after you (she's done it before with a different god), also remember their guardians the green stars (made after said event with different god).
    Yeah, there's a bunch of super-hod sheepdog-style guardian stars who-
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Said guardians can't do squat against a god (Funny if you think about it since nothing else can really damage a star, or even reach them. Meaning those green stars are largely . . . superfluous)
    Well, true.
    That is why I said the green stars would eat them, don't worry they hate sci-fi more than us.
    ... Uh, yeah, sure, sure they do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    So... Borg the Green Stars?
    (Undead) Cybernetic Stars leading (Undead) Cybernetic Plants toward Unity?
    why not? Technically, I don't control the Guardian Stars as the fabled life bonus action is very specific to make sure you don't get to control the life you create with it without having to spend a bless.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

@AlexanderML @ Gunhaven: Do we plan on continuing the Port Joro storyline?
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

6. - Top - End - #846

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    @AlexanderML @ Gunhaven: Do we plan on continuing the Port Joro storyline?
    I made a response, I'll answer whenever one of you two make a post on it.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

I made a response, I'll answer whenever one of you two make a post on it.
    Waiting on you in Mag Mell buddy. Please consider this my very gentle way of saying you better not leave me in RP-Lock or make doing that to other players a "thing" of yours.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-09-02 at 01:42 AM.

8. - Top - End - #848

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Waiting on you in Mag Mell buddy, and I know Hatter has been waiting for you on his scene with you for like...a week.
    Hey I responded to his post here. I'm waiting on those two.

My response to you is done... I was hoping to respond to more people in the same post, but I'll just put up my response to you for now.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

Hey I responded to his post here. I'm waiting on those two.

My response to you is done... I was hoping to respond to more people in the same post, but I'll just put up my response to you for now.
    I edited that out once I saw you respond

10. - Top - End - #850

I edited that out once I saw you respond
    Sorry, brain is working on tired mode. Cannot really respond properly to anything.

11. - Top - End - #851

I really don't see where Davanda went wrong there... the thing she's offering costs more than the plane itself. Plus I thought he'd like bigger and better things being given to him, it'd probably be the only time he'd get a actual AP profit on anything (for something he did not create).

I can see Davanda trying to reason with him, then just having to fight if that does not work.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

I really don't see where Davanda went wrong there... the thing she's offering costs more than the plane itself. Plus I thought he'd like bigger and better things being given to him, it'd probably be the only time he'd get a actual AP profit on anything (for something he did not create).

I can see Davanda trying to reason with him, then just having to fight if that does not work.
    Who said she did anything wrong? Ran Yang Li doesn't want to sell his plane regardless of monetary compensation. There's no price, as far as he knows, Davanda can pay that will make him -give up- Mag Mell. They're at an impasse. Ran Yang Li is saying, no not selling but you all can live here once you pay up a little. Davanda is saying unless you give me absolute control no deal and if I can't convince you I'm going to try and cave your head in.

Edit: Though to be fair Davanda is, as far as she's aware, asking Ran Yang Li to sell the grave of his brother. If I asked you to sell the grave of your mom to me just because some of my flowers from a field miles away happened to take root above it I'd expect you to have an even less than open answer.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-09-02 at 02:16 AM.

13. - Top - End - #853

Who said she did anything wrong? Ran Yang Li doesn't want to sell his plane regardless of monetary compensation. There's no price, as far as he knows, Davanda can pay that will make him -give up- Mag Mell. They're at an impasse. Ran Yang Li is saying, no not selling but you all can live here once you pay up a little. Davanda is saying unless you give me absolute control no deal.
    Ah, if only he did not shack around her kids, bad mouth his own brother and simply told her so...

She'll still try to deal with him, pretty much saying that all he had to do was say that was part of the deal. I thought Ran would be the type though to try and gain Davanda's trust, but oh well.

Edit:
    In response to your edit, it's like Davanda is asking to stay in the same state as the grave, she'll give the actual grave a wide berth if need be. People do live (though I don't know why) next to grave yards. She'd even take care of it, could be seen as sort of giving a service.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2015-09-02 at 02:20 AM.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, if only he did not shack around her kids, bad mouth his own brother and simply told her so...

She'll still try to deal with him, pretty much saying that all he had to do was say that was part of the deal. I thought Ran would be the type though to try and gain Davanda's trust, but oh well.

Edit:
    In response to your edit, it's like Davanda is asking to stay in the same state as the grave, she'll give the actual grave a wide berth if need be.
    What does "shack around her kids" mean? Also, what are you on about dude?

Your people can live here and do what ever you need them to do. Not going to kick them out.
    You pay me for -use- of this place and I'll let you use it until you don't want to use it anymore
    What's it worth you letting your people live here?
    Three separate instances where he said exactly what I said he said.

Edit: ALSO! That -was- part of the original terms.

You can stay here and your people can live here as much as you'd like but you have to understand that running something like this isn't cheap especially when you're not the one who spun it from The Void in the first place.
    You can do what ever you want on your layer, with what ever you want on your layer so long as you pay me.
    I honestly cannot by any rational understanding see how him saying "You can say!" five times comes across as "Get off my lawn, no deal."
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-09-02 at 02:33 AM.

15. - Top - End - #855

"-the planets of Mag Mell spinning erratically above what ever sphere the Humans have taken refuge on as if commanded by some unseen will."
    That'd be the other two layers of the plane, the LG and CG one. For I don't think there are any other set things in the sky there. You could say stars, though I'd wonder how they got there.

What I meant it that instead of going into a speech to Davanda that only really spoiled her view on him he could have said something like:
    "I still want the keys, you can rent this out but I'm the tenet."

I know that is what you said practically, I'm just saying that something smaller like that would probably have worked better.

Edit:
    I'm probably just wrong in everything here, to tired to actually communicate tonight.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2015-09-02 at 02:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

"-the planets of Mag Mell spinning erratically above what ever sphere the Humans have taken refuge on as if commanded by some unseen will."
    That'd be the other two layers of the plane, the LG and CG one. For I don't think there are any other set things in the sky there. You could say stars, though I'd wonder how they got there.

What I meant it that instead of going into a speech to Davanda that only really spoiled her view on him he could have said something like:
    "I still want the keys, you can rent this out but I'm the tenet."

I know that is what you said practically, I'm just saying that something smaller like that would probably have worked better.
    Would you like to Roleplay my character Alexander?

17. - Top - End - #857

Would you like to Roleplay my character Alexander?
    No, I was just saying that Davanda is not going to be very sympathetic or trusting. I do not want to change what happened, just saying how I saw things. I do not mean to come off like I want to change how your character acts.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2015-09-02 at 02:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

No, I was just saying that Davanda is not going to be very sympathetic or trusting. I do not want to change what happened, just saying how I saw things. I do not mean to come off like I want to change how your character acts.
    Right. And I'm telling you that I, personally, don't care how Davanda walks away from this because...that's how an organic story works and I can assure you as the person who writes Ran Yang Li that -he- won't care either. Because as far as he's concerned like him or not you're going to have to deal with him and it's going to be on his terms. And he knows it'll be on his terms because he's not going to give anyone a chance to deal with him on another set of terms but his own. Doesn't mean that's how it's -actually- going to be but characters, even Gods, can be wrong. But I think you've, personally, have mistaken Ran Yang Li as a Trickster sort of Deity and he's not. He's not lied a single time in this game and that's something I plan on keeping as consistent as possible. The little acts are his way of teasing and mocking Gods he sees as much too invested in things like humans or elves or anything like that because to him they're the biggest jokes. Especially, ESPECIALLY, if a God or Goddess is so self important that being teased is enough to immediately turn them off to him. If anything it just means Davanda is now a much larger target for his pranks and general torment because she can't handle it and he's a bully and a jerk.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-09-02 at 02:45 AM.

19. - Top - End - #859

Right. And I'm telling you that I, personally, don't care how Davanda walks away from this because...that's how an organic story works and I can assure you as the person who writes Ran Yang Li that -he- won't care either. Because as far as he's concerned like him or not you're going to have to deal with him and it's going to be on his terms. And he knows it'll be on his terms because he's not going to give anyone a chance to deal with him on another set of terms but his own. Doesn't mean that's how it's -actually- going to be but characters, even Gods, can be wrong. But I think you've, personally, mistaken Ran Yang Li as a Trickster sort of Deity and he's not. He's not lied a single time in this game and that's something I plan on keeping as consistent as possible. The little acts are his way of teasing and mocking Gods he sees as much to invested in things like humans or elves or anything like that because to him they're the biggest jokes. Especially, ESPECIALLY, if a God or Goddess is so self important that being teased is enough to immediately turn them off to him. If anything it just means Davanda is now a much larger target for his pranks and general torment because she can't handle it and he's a bully and a jerk.
    Obviously I'm miscommunicating what I'm thinking and how Davnada is going to act. I don't see him as a trickster god, and Davanda especially does not see that. I see and she's starting to get a hint at the planner slum lord Ran is. She's not going to make any sort of extreme reaction because of just a growing opinion that can change really fast since this is her first time seeing him.

Edit:
    I feel sad when things I wish to be one or two posts at most talked about as swift comments turn into stuff like this.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2015-09-02 at 02:53 AM.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

hey AlexanderML. sorry it took me so long but i finally replied to your post IC. turns out my confusion was due entirely to me misreading a line of text, my bad. i tried to PM you after i made the post, but your inbox was full.
    Last edited by vinnie; 2015-09-02 at 03:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #861

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    hey AlexanderML. sorry it took me so long but i finally replied to your post IC. turns out my confusion was due entirely to me misreading a line of text, my bad. i tried to PM you after i made the post, but your inbox was full.
    Sorry, I'll get that settled. I'm mostly done with the next post with your character, the summery of it is though "You got educated, seemed a little off, got called to join uncle Eran to the front lines to fight." with other stuff mixed in. I'll have it posted when I can actually think properly.

Now is a good time to start to think about what heroics your character does once he is out there. Also might want to make a artifact or something (a "favorite sword", or you discover a new magic or something) to get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used (spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2015-09-02 at 04:31 AM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Alex, mind if I sig that? I feel like it's about time to let that silly "pants" thread drop from my sig and I was looking for a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I have an idea or two in mind. But the way i want to play it, it has to wait until i'm in combat.

24. - Top - End - #864

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Alex, mind if I sig that? I feel like it's about time to let that silly "pants" thread drop from my sig and I was looking for a replacement.
    Go ahead, makes me laugh when I see mystic's collection.

Edit:
    I have an idea or two in mind. But the way i want to play it, it has to wait until i'm in combat.
    Well tomorrow morning when I get the post done I'll have it end with you in a fight, any preferences?
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2015-09-02 at 04:25 AM.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

preferably we should be facing an enemy who's forces out numer or out power our own, though that need not be apparent at the beginning, bring me into the start of combat and i'll finish the rest. preferably don't send anyone important with me.

26. - Top - End - #866

preferably we should be facing an enemy who's forces out numer or out power our own, though that need not be apparent at the beginning, bring me into the start of combat and i'll finish the rest. preferably don't send anyone important with me.
    Ok I'll do that when I finish the post.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ogre in the Playground

Razade, Ran Yang Li is clever, so I expect a clever challenge Whatever it is the Innumerable will take it all in fun.

Hatter, I'm not sure exactly how you want to proceed, so I left first contact up to you. Best way forward might be to impress them.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

Not 100% satisfied with that but figured something was better than nothing. Soon I'll have the Killoren speaking like the Myr, muahahahahahaha!

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ettin in the Playground

A couple of questions. What did they do with the living ningyo? After all if this was an expansion party that was attacked they would have to have had living ningyo in order to breed (they are non-combatants and would presumably include young children and babies). The other question is what did they do to the their people that died while infected with ghoul fever?

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

30. - Top - End - #870
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    A couple of questions. What did they do with the living ningyo? After all if this was an expansion party that was attacked they would have to have had living ningyo in order to breed (they are non-combatants and would presumably include young children and babies). The other question is what did they do to the their people that died while infected with ghoul fever?
    Killed them. Ten'talii don't view children as... as well a thing since they just let their young swim out into the ocean and come back a year or so later, as mini-adults. In addition, they would have killed any of their own to be infected, if Ningyo do spread the infection through bites and scratches as well. I left put those grisly details mostly because I figured nobody wanted to read about a bunch of squids rounding up what was left of an invasion party targeting their burrow, then systematically culling them and destroying the corpses. Plus I didn't know if Ningyo spread their disease like regular undead, or if they just came back.