Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Battle of the realms rulers of a littler world OOC

Rulers OOC - and any Gods who want to drop by...

All Tables, Maps and other information is available in the Master OOC Thread
    Last edited by drack; 2015-08-26 at 01:36 AM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Battle of the realms rulers of a littler world OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    Ahem. Freedom fighters would be the label you're looking for there.

Haven had ... a few run-ins with folks. There were the expansionistic Orcs, The Grove, the undead nation who killed Roland, some halflings across the sea, a centaur tribe and ... some fey? I'm forgetting someone ... OH YEAH, the Dark Empire.

And there was an entire faction of Haven-esque champions who were running a freedom fighter operation inside the borders of the Dark Empire, but I had very little to do with them (aside from desperately trying to get them supplies). And I think I was beginning talks with the bird people (I can't for the life of me find the race name for these guys) that made up the original Dark Empire, because they were unhappy a human was their emperor. That's about all I remember.
    Oh man, I had no idea, (although, not surprised), they actually broke off and I was on my way to curb stomp them into submission...

alos, V'K'kraan'ck, its in Gai's signature.

Yeah...you guys were getting hit hard...
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

“Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Moving discussion here to clear up "recruitment", although IMO, we should make a new thread if we want anyone to join.

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    As peaceful trading folk my people needed no army with which to travel, and I too only inherited one nation. They had trade with us and wanted to join up when the hobgoblin empire fell. 0 conquests.
    Excuse me for having my leaders lead. My leader couldn't venture forth very well (He had the slow flaw, so only had 21 MPs). My cohort did venture forth, but then was occupied with some dragons. I also was a bit paranoid about exposing my leaders without armies, as they were squishy, and all the threads were filled with DE killing everyone hype.

Your leaders didn't really venture forth and meet many new people as I recall (largely because of deserts), and I think that's why you were mostly politically ignored.
    How large was your nation? Mine was an OPM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

OPM?
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

5. - Top - End - #5

OPM?
    One Province Minor (single tile nation), a very small nation (typically insignificant and lacking unique features). Sorry, its an Europa Universalis 4 abbreviation. I've only really been posting there for so long, I guess I forgot it wasn't common terminology to this forum (like RAW, RAI, D&D, OoTS, MitD).
    Last edited by rweird; 2015-08-24 at 04:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

You had 9 hexes, multiple population centers, gold dragons, and were planning to construct a powerful army. You and I probably had the strongest economies in the game. You needn't undersell yourself.

Also, MitD? WIIWATATD?
    Spoiler
    Show

(What is it with all the abbreviations these days?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

You had 9 hexes, multiple population centers, gold dragons, and were planning to construct a powerful army. You and I probably had the strongest economies in the game. You needn't undersell yourself.
    Are you sure you aren't talking about Haven? I don't know what rweird had (except I think he had some sort of deal with some blue dragons), but Haven also met a gold dragon (and had the possibility of getting them as mounts for some characters). Haven was definitely a larger nation (9 hexes sounds about right).
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, not gold, my bad. Haven had 8 hexes.

The grove was 5 hexes by the way.

Edit: dark empire was 41 by the way

Edit 2: grove was 6
    Last edited by drack; 2015-08-24 at 05:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

MitD, Monster in the Darkness: From OoTS.

While I definitely was economically strong, everyone else seemed to have much larger armies than me. Being Elves, and having an exploitation of 2 in my capital, definitely didn't help my economy.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Meh, not gonna argue that your region hurt ya bad.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, you had all those nomad camps and nearby potential Marruspawn allies who might have been willing to merge with your empire eventually. But that is really it. The elves copped it bad with the randomised starts. Hence why I wont be doing that again.

Also everyone seems to be forgetting the Orc and Gnoll empires in the east, and all that stupid shenanigans in the UD.

Quick note, you all seem to have missed it. The Underdark will not exist. Too silly. Staying above ground only. Though settlements in mountain hexes can be fluffed as being under the mountain etc.
    Current Avatar made by Pessimismrocks for the Battle for the little world - Fields of Blood game!

Spoiler: Past Avatars
    Show

Awesome Avatar made by Meirnon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    We took a thread that was supposed to be a diplomatic negotiation and first contact, and turned it into Darth Ghaeris' rampage...

Extended Homebrewer's Signature

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Underdark: shame, I liked it, but I won't loose any sleep over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiyamato View Post
    Nope. Not unless they want to burn up all of their power reserve in one go. Kicking back and answering prayers. Just myself and Drack running the Gods right now anyway.

They have limited power and a lot of internal rivalry now. So if someone burns all their power on paying a visit to the mortals then they might find another God has made a mess of some of their followers, converted them etc.

Think of the God situation a bit like the pre-WWI alliances situations keeping the peace!
    I guess you could say that...

Yeah, we might have had more. I honestly cannot remember and the only thread that would have contained the specifics has been deleted. I seem to have forgotten to back it up. If you find any reference to me saying something just quote it and we will use it.
    It does feel like you should have more.
    I've backed up a number of them, ask and ye shall receive.
    I'll knock up a Ruler OOC for you guys if you like given you are all pre-approved.

Also this is not a recruitment thread, right now it is just you guys, also me putting together a map right now.
    Sure, if you're into that sort of thing. Admittedly I mostly threw up this one because while I figured folks wouldn't catch on, it's generally better to follow the rules as well as we might. Anywho, feel free to toss up a new one if you want the first post.