Default Class Features as [Feats]. Also, Multiclassing

Inspired by these two from Unearthed Arcana:

Quote Originally Posted by Unearthed Arcana
    Evasion
    Prerequisites: Base Reflex Save Bonus +3
    Effect: As evasion class skill.

Improved Evasion
    Prerequisites: Base Reflex Save Bonus +7
    Effect: As improved evasion class skill.
    Mettle (From Hexblade)
    You can shrug off the effects of harmful physical attacks more effectively.
    Prerequisites: Base Fortitude Save Bonus +4
    Effect: Whenever you make a fortitude save to reduce rather than eliminate a harmful effect (fortitude partial or fortitude half, for example), if you succeed, you may instead completely negate that effect. If you fail your save, it affects you like normal.

Insightful Strike (From Swashbuckler)
    By thinking about your actions, you can make attacks in your foe's weak points.
    Prerequisites: Combat Expertise, Int 15
    Benefit: Whenever you make an attack with a melee weapon, you may add your Int modifier, if any, to your damage roll, in addition to any strength modifier you add. Regardless of how you hold your weapon (two hands, off-hand etc.), you add your full modifier. This damage is multiplied on a critical. This damage cannot be added against monsters immune to critical hits.
    You lose the benefits of this feat if you wear heavy or medium armour.

Graceful Strike (From Champion of Correllon Larithon)
    Prerequisites: Weapon Finesse, Combat Reflexes, Dex 15
    Whenever you make an attack with a weapon which you could apply the Weapon Finesse feat to, you may add your dex modifier, if any, to your damage roll, in addition to any strength modifier you add. Regardless of how you hold your weapon (two hands, off-hand etc.), you add your full modifier. This damage is multiplied on a critical. This damage cannot be added against monsters immune to critical hits.

For extras, I've come up with extra feats to facilitate multiclassing:

Ascetic Warrior [Multiclass, Fighter]
    Prerequisites: Improved Unarmed Strike, Flurry of Blows class feature, Weapon Specialization (Unarmed Strike)
    Benefits: Your fighter and monk levels stack for unarmoured AC bonus, flurry of blows penalty reduction and unarmed damage. In addition, your monk levels count as fighter levels when qualifying for a specific feat, such as Greater Weapon Focus. You can multiclass freely between Fighter and Monk.

Divine Warrior [Multiclass, Fighter]
    Prerequisites: Divine Grace class feature, Weapon Specialization (Any)
    Benefits: Your Fighter and Paladin levels stack for Smite Evil damage, determining the powers of your special mount and qualifying for fighter-only feats. You can multiclass freely betwen Paladin and Fighter.

How do they look?
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Class Features as [Feats]. Also, Multiclassing

*coughshoheihadmettlefirstcough*

If you're doing this then you're going to be playing a slightly differant game.

I would add Weapon Finesse to Insightful strike's prerequisite.

Divine Warrior is too powerful. The only thing you lose is Lay on Hands. Also spells but nobody cares about Paladin spells.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Nice idea but I can see adding feats like these as simply adding ways to break a character... well atleast making it alot easier by reducing the need for multiclassing.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    *coughshoheihadmettlefirstcough*

If you're doing this then you're going to be playing a slightly differant game.

I would add Weapon Finesse to Insightful strike's prerequisite.

Divine Warrior is too powerful. The only thing you lose is Lay on Hands. Also spells but nobody cares about Paladin spells.
    Divine Warrior would be fine if you didn't let it affect the mount. Wouldn't be too strong, but it would still be worth taking for a Fighter/Paladin. The way it is now, yeah, there's no reason not to multiclass over to fighter if you started as a paladin.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Mettle also applies to will save partial spells, unless I'm wrong.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    Mettle also applies to will save partial spells, unless I'm wrong.
    As it's written for Hexblade and Sohei. I've seen some Prcs with an ability called 'Mettle of Will' which is mettle but only for will saves and there might be a 'Mettle of Fortitude' as well. I'm guessing the OP decieded that fort and will was too powerful for a feat and therefore didn't coment on it.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Headline: Song of Cosmic Fire turned into Feat. Ocato seen eating dragon brains while playing his +3 lute of Master Exploder. Film at 11.
    Being a jerk to people on the internet does not make you cool.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Giving Prc abilities like Graceful Strike is pushing it. It's a second level (I think) ability from a Prc with tough pre-regs.
    Ceika is amazing, because she made my Yuna avie. Yay Ceika!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know, most of the issues with these can be fixed via BAB requirements. I do think all Class features should be converted into Feats and all Feats should be equally balanced. Unfortunately, they aren't, nor are Class Features in general equivalent to one another. These look okayish to me. Not likely to break the game anymore than Power Attack, anyway.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

How about one for paladin/wizards, paladin/sorcerers or paladin/clerics. I might even make that one myself if you ask.
    On the issue of killer or sadistic DMs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Pladoh
    That sort of person is not worthy of being a Game Master of any sort. The GM is there to entertain and bring enjoyment to the player group, thus being entertained and enjoying himself likewise. Soneone that finds pleasure in making others unhappy is a sad case indeed. That kind of GM should be left alone to lurk in online MMP games to ambush newbies' characters as they enter the setting :]

Cheers,
    Gary

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I don't know, most of the issues with these can be fixed via BAB requirements. I do think all Class features should be converted into Feats and all Feats should be equally balanced. Unfortunately, they aren't, nor are Class Features in general equivalent to one another. These look okayish to me. Not likely to break the game anymore than Power Attack, anyway.
    Power Attack doesn't break the game. It just allows you to use your skill with weapons to do more damage. It's only broken in that it favours two-handers too much.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, which is why it breaks the game. It makes all other Fighting styles pointless past level X.
    Last edited by Matthew; 2007-05-19 at 08:12 PM.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Malagigi View Post
    How about one for paladin/wizards, paladin/sorcerers or paladin/clerics. I might even make that one myself if you ask.
    Why not?

Devoted Healer
    Prerequisites: Ability to spontaneously cast healing spells, Lay on Hands class feature.
    Benefits: Your Paladin and Cleric levels stack for your ability to turn undead e.g. a Paladin 5/Cleric 3 could turn undead as an 8th level Cleric. They also stack for determining the amount you can heal with Lay on Hands. You may multiclass freely between Paladin and Cleric.

Arcane Devotee
    Prerequisites: Divine Grace Class Feature, ability to spontaneously cast 2nd level arcane spells.
    Benefits: Your caster level for spells you cast from your Sorcerer magic list is equal to your Sorcerer + Paladin levels. Your Paladin/Sorcerer levels stack for Smite Evil damage.
    In addition, you may sacrifice a sorcerer spell slot of second level or higher to gain an additional use of your smite evil ability. For each level higher than 2 you sarifice, you gain a +1 sacred bonus to the damage from your smite ability. This ability is useable 3+charisma modifier times per day.
    You may multiclass freely between Paladin and Sorcerer.

Devoted Magus
    Prerequisites: Divine Grace, ability to prepare 2nd level arcane spells.
    Benefits: For Wizard spells you cast, your caster level is equal to your Wizard+Paladin levels. Your Wizard and Paladin levels stack for smite evil damage.
    In addition, whenever you cast a spell against a foe that normally deals damage, you may empower it with one of your smite evil attempts. You gain a sacred bonus equal to your charisma modifier to overcome spell resistance. If your foe succeeds on his saving throw against the spell, even if it only reduces the normal effects, the smite attempt is wasted. Otherwise he can make a Will save (DC 10 + your charisma modifier + half your combined Wizard/Paladin levels) to negate the smite. If more than one person would be affected by this spell, you choose who is the receipiant of the smite.
    You may multiclass freely between Wizard and Paladin.

I put in that will save because otherwise it would make spells like Magic Missile immensely powerful. What do you think?
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper