A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Where the heck IS everybody? [spoilers]

Updated through 502

This is to help me keep straight who's where and doing what in the strip. Hopefully it will help others as well.

Below lists the (last-known) location and status [including spells currently affecting them] of characters in OotS. I'm only including characters who have a chance at reappearing again (not including ghosts that aren't special).

Today is: nearly four months after the fall of Azure City

OotS
    Roy: dead (with an arrow in a very uncomfortable spot), being hidden in Azure City by Haley and Belkar, while his spirit is back in Celestia's Waiting Room scrying on the mortal realm (needs Resurrection) [his body has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]
    Elan: uninjured and presumably full of spells, at sea aboard Hinjo's junk failing to convince Hinjo to go back for Haley
    Haley: lightly injured, hiding in Azure City with Belkar and Roy's corpse (she also has Roy's greatsword and the Booty Talisman) [she has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]
    Durkon: unhurt and presumably full of spells, at sea aboard Hinjo's junk having just performing a wedding for Daigo and Kazumi
    Vaarsuvius: unhurt but out of spells, at sea aboard Hinjo's junk heading off to rest [V has not been seen since the fall of Azure City, but Elan implies that the mage is still on the junk]
    Belkar: unhurt [Mark of Justice], hiding in Azure City with Haley and Roy's corpse [he has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]

"Team Evil" (BBEG)
    Xykon: unhurt but running low on spells, outside the ruined castle Cloistering Azure City [he has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]
    Redcloak: unhurt but running low on spells, near the docks of Azure City kicking himself for lack of foresight [he has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]
    MitD: unhurt, in the middle of Azure City dragging O-Chul along [it has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]
    Tsukiko: unhurt and with plenty of spells, outside the ruined castle admiring Xykon's headgear [she has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]

BBEG #2
    Kubota: unhurt, in the refugee fleet on his yacht, plotting Evil [he has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]
    Unknown Evil Entity: presumably unhurt, in the refugee fleet on Kubota's yacht, plotting Evil [it has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]
    Unknown Female Ninja Leader: unhurt, in the refugee fleet on Kubota's yacht, plotting Evil [she has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]

citizens of Azure City
    (Note: No paladin has yet cast a spell on-screen.)
    Hinjo: unhurt, aboard his junk telling Elan they're not going back to Azure City (yet)
    --Argent: in the celestial realms, though presumably he can return if called [he has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]
    Miko: dead, split in twain in the ruins of the castle (needs Resurrection and a 13th level cleric)
    O-Chul: paralyzed, heavily injured and possibly dead, in the middle of Azure City being dragged by the MitD (if dead, would need Raise Dead; if only paralyzed, would need Remove Paralysis) [he has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]
    Lien: unhurt, aboard Hinjo's junk celebrating Daigo and Kazumi's wedding
    --Razor: unhurt, was following Hinjo's junk with Lien astride, now presumably in the celestial realms [he has not been seen since the fall of Azure City]
    Sangwaan: presumed dead, chomped and flung by the zombie dragon (if dead, would need Raise Dead)
    Chang: dead, at the northern breach (potentially trampled by the army charging the breach-- whether he was is not known. If he was trampled, he'd need a Resurrection, otherwise a Raise Dead will work.)
    Kazumi: unhurt and eight weeks pregnant, aboard Hinjo's junk getting married to Daigo by Durkon
    Daigo: unhurt, aboard Hinjo's junk getting married to Kazumi by Durkon
    Captain Axe: unhurt, aboard Hinjo's junk at Daigo and Kazumi's wedding
    Mr. Scruffy: last seen running from the Throne Room when Shojo was murdered [whereabouts unknown since the castle exploded]

Linear Guild (Active)
    Nale: lightly injured and with most of his spells remaining, flying away from Azure City on fiend's wings
    Sabine: unhurt, flying away from Azure City carrying both Nale and Thog
    Thog: unhurt (though his tummy's rumbling), flying away from Azure City on fiend's wings

Linear Guild (Former)
    Leeky: last seen leaving Cliffport with Pompey
    Pompey: last seen leaving Cliffport with Leeky
    Hilgya: last seen leaving Dorukan's dungeon in tears

Order of the Scribble
    Dorukan: defeated by Xykon (see Start of Darkness for further info)
    Lirian: missing, disappeared when her forest was burned down (see Start of Darkness for further info)
    Girard: whereabouts unknown, presumed either dead or at Girard's Gate
    Serini: whereabouts unknown, last seen stocking Kraagor's tomb

Clan Greenhilt
    Julia: at Warthog's in Cliffport
    Eugene: his spirit is stuck in Celestia's Waiting Room until the Blood Oath is fulfilled (or he can manage to skirt the rules again)
    Sara: in her house on Mt. Celestia
    Eric: in his mother's house on Mt. Celestia
    Horace: in Sara's house on Mt. Celestia

Others
    Celia: at Law School, but just a Booty Talisman away
    Julio Scoundrél: last seen flying off into the night from Azure City
    Flumphs: having brunch in Cliffport

Not that this is supposed to be all-inclusive, but... who'd I miss?
    Last edited by Quikngruvn; 2007-11-06 at 10:25 AM. Reason: updated to 502

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Where the heck IS everybody? (through 450) [spoilers]

Flumps: At a nice cafe in Cliffport

Member of the Explosive Runes Fanclub!

Keeper of the Toy Piano in the Eric Fanclub!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Everything is up in the air, all of the time, until I need to give them a specific ability.

And then I promptly forget that I gave it to them a week later.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Heh. The Flumphs can be anywhere at any time that the plot (or comedic devices) demands, which is why I didn't include them. But you're right, they were last seen having brunch in Cliffport.

[edit] On second thought, it is plot-relevant that they are anywhere but Azure City, so on the list they go!
    Last edited by Quikngruvn; 2007-05-11 at 10:23 PM. Reason: upon further review

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Julio Scoundrèl: Last seen flying off into the night.
    "When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive." –Malkavian proverb

"From the tiny egg the great wyrm grows." –Kobold proverb

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

I couldn't help but to laugh at this:

Lien: last seen holding Hinjo's junk

sorry

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Nice job, helps keep track of things.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Bob, good catch, Julio's been added.

Setra, thanks!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Where the heck IS everybody? (through 451) [spoilers]

General Chang: dead at the breach in the walls.
    Sorry for my English, it is not my nativ laguage

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eugene Greenhilt: MIA (He was last seen in the throne room, but there's no evidence he's still there now.)

Zz'dtri: Carried off by lawyers. (What? He could come back!)

Chang, Death Knight, and Grand Larceny Guy?

How about the Order of the Scribble:
    Lirian: Presumed dead after Xykon/Redcloak destroyed her gate.
    Dorukan: Dead, killed by Xykon.
    Soon Kim: Ghost-martyr in Azure City Throne Room
    Girard Draketooth: MIA
    Serini Toormuck: MIA
    Kraagor: Dead, killed by Snarl
    Congratulations, you can link to TV Tropes. This does not mean you have special insight into the storytelling process, much less the author's mind. Stories don't need to fit into neat boxes, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Spod has it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasilich View Post
    You not reading the comic isn't going to make this comic any less awesome for all the rest of us.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Death Knight: under a zombie-dragon's head
    Actually, it's the Eye of Fear and Flame that's blasting the Southern Assault Force. The Huecuva is somewhere between Redcloak and the walls.

Clubs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Founder of the Explosive Runes fanclub! To join, put a line in your sig.
    Official Sloganmaker and Eloquist of the Vaarsuvius Fanclub.
    Member of the ヒソジヨ Fanclub.
    Member of the カヅミ and ダイゴ [Kazumi and Daigo] fanclub.

Thanks to Mr. Saturn for the Dire Laptop avatar.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Kubota: On his personal ship with his samarai and men at arms plotting Hinjo's death

Windstriker: On the celestial plane

Bag of tricks creatures: back on their home plane after plummeting to their deaths
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2007-05-12 at 08:22 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Lessee:

anyone: General Chang... enh. He's dead, but probably high enough level to consider being raised, especially being a general and all. I'll put him on, till he's either raised or gets his state funeral (or Azure City is razed, whichever).

SPoD: I'm not including ghosts because they don't follow the "normal" rules of mobility-- that it, they could pop up anywhere at any time. Ghosts would include people we've seen as ghosts (like Eugene), people who have died and refuse to come back (Shojo), and people who have died and most likely won't be raised or resurrected (Grand Larceny Guy is way down the list of people to be raised in Azure City). Maybe I should have a separate section for ghosts, though it could quite easily become too long and cumbersome to be useful....

"Carried off by lawyers" is probably more final than death, since the lawyers wouldn't even allow the ghost to return. So Zz'drti's not on the list.

You're right about the Order of the Scribble. Half of them will go on the list.

Regarding the Death Knight: once an undead is destroyed, it's gone for good (notable exception is the lich's phylactery, of course). So that particular Death Knight isn't coming back.

Tolkien_Freak: I think my statement on the huecuva's whereabouts was unclear. It has indeed joined the southern assault force (in the 1st panel of 450, the huecuva is between Belkar and the speech balloon that starts "Ah well") but hasn't appeared to start fighting yet.

happyturtle: [smacks forehead] Yep, Kubota and the rest of Azure City's nobility definitely need to be on the list as well.

I'm not so sure about adding the outsider animals and other critters that aren't on the prime material plane full-time. 'Sides, for Windstriker to reappear, Miko would have to atone and regain her paladin abilities. Till she shows evidence of being able to learn from her mistakes, atonement's not happening.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Where the heck IS everybody? (through 452) [spoilers]

452: Updated conditions of V and Redcloak, and also noted that Redcloak is riding a fiendish mammoth, per the Giant's note.

[Added:] I just realized that Gen. Chang's body is at the northern breach and is about to get trampled by thousands of hobgoblins into a fine powder. What are the odds he's coming back from that, since it'd probably take a Resurrection at that point to bring him back?
    Last edited by Quikngruvn; 2007-05-15 at 04:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Lien: last seen holding Hinjo's junk
    I beg your pardon! She's clearly handling his package. His junk is far, far too big for her to hold in her hands

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Question: Didn't Redcloak order the southern attack force to fall back and join up with the northern force attacking the breach? If so, Belkar has got to be feeling pretty lonely right about now. I'd expect him to either climb back up the walls, head north to keep fighting or head northeast to where Roy's body is lying (if only to get his ring back).

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Garriath
    I beg your pardon! She's clearly handling his package. His junk is far, far too big for her to hold in her hands
    Nope. Hinjo specifically asks Lien to "hold my junk until it is fully loaded." Since this is the last we've seen of her, we don't know whether she stayed with the boat when it launched (or even if it launched), or if she's helping other refugees escape, or if she headed back to AC, or something else entirely. Hinjo asks another person (a warrior or fighter, but not a paladin) about his package.

Quote Originally Posted by holywhippet
    Question: Didn't Redcloak order the southern attack force to fall back and join up with the northern force attacking the breach? If so, Belkar has got to be feeling pretty lonely right about now. I'd expect him to either climb back up the walls, head north to keep fighting or head northeast to where Roy's body is lying (if only to get his ring back).
    Yes, he did give that order. But, we don't yet know what the southern attack force actually does, if they even get the orders, let alone what Belkar's reaction would be. (I'm guessing somewhere around enraged indignation.) Heck, we don't know yet what the reactions are of the people on the wall-- but I doubt anyone would miss the entire army charging the breach (crappy Spot checks notwithstanding).
    Last edited by Quikngruvn; 2007-05-16 at 08:12 PM. Reason: I almost typed the right key

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Quikngruvn View Post
    but I doubt anyone would miss the entire army charging the breach (crappy Spot checks notwithstanding).
    i think you would need a roll of -100 on a spot check to miss that...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

The poor evil roaches were left out how bad of you guys.
    Like the fact Celia was left from the group.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

A BIG, BIG doubt:
    Has roy been trampled by the hobbo attacking force?
    I was so afraid of this I had to register to ask someone...
    If it is so: ==> dust

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Might wanna update, Heucava 'tis dead.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Where the heck IS everybody? (through 453) [spoilers]

Yeah, now that I can get back on the fora, I can do so.

Tharr: the demon roaches are always hanging around the MitD, since he tends to leave crumbs. And Celia's on the list.

SnailMan: we can't tell. We can only hope that the army went north of Roy's body. Otherwise, I hope someone's still around who can cast Resurrect.

Updates for 453: updated conditions for Hinjo and Durkon, and removed the now-dead (again) Huecuva. Also noted those whom we have yet to see the reactions of to the charge into the breach.
    Last edited by Quikngruvn; 2007-05-18 at 09:27 AM. Reason: I can count, too

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

I know you aren't tracking outsider animals, but I can't help noting:

Argent: In the celestial realms healing from being poisoned. (Cannot return until tomorrow if we assume paladins can summon their mount once per day.)
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2007-05-18 at 11:24 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

shouldn't you rename BBEG to "Team Evil", and move Tsukiko there? Killing everone on the castle parapets, and animating their corpses as undead?
    Last edited by Jayabalard; 2007-05-18 at 11:43 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jayabalard
    shouldn't you rename BBEG to "Team Evil", and move Tsukiko there?
    Yeah, I agree with moving Tsukiko to the BBEG list, but not about renaming the list to "Team Evil". Techinically the Linear Guild would be included in that list, and I'd like to keep the LG separate from Xykon and his minions.

happyturtle: I think I might have to make an exception for Argent, since his (her?) location is relevant to the battle.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground

Haley did get hurt and in the only other comic she appears in she's too far to tell if she got healed or not.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxymiuk View Post
    Haley did get hurt and in the only other comic she appears in she's too far to tell if she got healed or not.
    She looks fine here. She has been hanging around Durkon, after all.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Where the heck IS everybody? (through 454) [spoilers]

Updated through 454. Jeez, it's looking bad for the home team!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Where the heck IS everybody? (through 455) [spoilers]

Updated through 455. Yay, Elan's useful!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Where the heck IS everybody? (through 456) [spoilers]

Updated through 456.

Is anyone finding this at all useful and/or interesting, or is this just a waste of keystrokes?
    Wielder of a +3 Occam's Razor of Smiting (and questing for Occam's Vorpal Razor of Disruption)

Want to know the current status of everyone in OotS? Check here: Where the heck IS everybody?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Where the heck IS everybody? (through 456) [spoilers]

I'm enjoying it. But it's the kind of thread that doesn't lend itself to discussion.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs