New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Will Save World for Gold

This reporter must be bad at her job. Eladrin T.V. shows are full of humans so how could she not know what they are?

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    This reporter must be bad at her job. Eladrin T.V. shows are full of humans so how could she not know what they are?
    It could just be casual racism.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

maybe they find it impossible to believe a human could enter the Feywild, this deep into the civilized part of it at least. Might think it has to be something different.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

They have human slaves though. Odi's tribe is human.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    maybe they find it impossible to believe a human could enter the Feywild, this deep into the civilized part of it at least. Might think it has to be something different.
    Casual racism is a given. I am not questioning how she doesn't regard any of them as people. I am questioning how she just regards one of them as "something with round ears" when they should know what a human is.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Just because you enslave someone doesn't mean you know (or care) what species they are.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

Casual racism is a given. I am not questioning how she doesn't regard any of them as people. I am questioning how she just regards one of them as "something with round ears" when they should know what a human is.
    i'm not saying casual racism at all. i'm saying that maybe for this reporter / news system at large, "Human" is a thing you watch on TV. Humans are primitive and stupid. Humans still use the horse and carriage to get around, and they need to wait three days just to get a single glass cup, if they can get any at all.

But this? This is a round-eared thing in the FEYWILD! That can't be Human, Humans are on TV and in the material plane. This must be something different, Humans don't come to the Feywild.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Lord Bear and Lady Owl do. the reporter probably doesn't.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2021-01-11 at 09:43 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Banned

Could also just be that there are lots of races with round ears and they don't have it narrowed down.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I am guessing that "the Omniscient" is just a name and not an indication of his actual ability or knowledge.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Anyone else think Ardon is building up to confessing that he broke reality or is that just me?

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I guess we know which season is on Ardon's side for sure but he still needs a second one.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Time View Post
    I guess we know which season is on Ardon's side for sure but he still needs a second one.
    Do we? Lord Summer doesn't know what is going on. He may vote differently if he is forced to pay attention. Lady Autumn was the one that made the motion to throw Ardon off the balcony if he kept trying to pass a motion.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Do we? Lord Summer doesn't know what is going on. He may vote differently if he is forced to pay attention. Lady Autumn was the one that made the motion to throw Ardon off the balcony if he kept trying to pass a motion.
    But doesn't it implied that Ardon has already convince Lord Spring to vote not guilty. Since he said that, even though he wasn't paying attention to the court proceeding.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

He didn't even know who Ardon is. He would have to be paying attention to what Ardon was saying for Ardon to convince him.

With that said he may have been the one to vote nay in regards to throwing Ardon off the balcony, but that is likely not good news for Ardon if true.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2021-02-14 at 01:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

...and we finally get the squirrel comic.

WE FINALLY GET THE SQUIRREL COMIC!!!

[apologies, I've been waiting for this to happen for a long time ]

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Barbarian in the Playground

I vaguely remember the comics where the squirrels talked to Peanut a bajillion years ago, but was there any specific foreshadowing that explains this?

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

yeah i don't quite remember the whole squirrels thing. they're a hivemind or something right? Don't recall anything beyond that. may need to go back and find it again. think it happened right around the time Ardon was being chased by all the different bounty hunters?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Yeah, I have no memory of the squirrel thing either.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If I recall correctly Peanut, acting in his subconscious stupor state, killed the goblin hexer that was controlling the squirrels and the squirrel hivemind told Peanut that all squirrelkind now owed him a debt.

Yea that story happens here: http://willsaveworldforgold.com/?p=1064
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2021-02-17 at 01:47 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fargazer View Post
    I vaguely remember the comics where the squirrels talked to Peanut a bajillion years ago, but was there any specific foreshadowing that explains this?
    ...no, not exactly, but I do recall when there was the "Peanut and Barry by a Real Artist", he specifically states that there are …absolutely zero squirrels. We’re never, ever doing that squirrel quest. Stop asking about it.

Yes, Lizard Lord has it right about the specific comic where the squirrels appeared.

Why was I expecting/waiting/hoping for this? Because as LoneStarNorth said, we're almost at the end here, and therefore these little plot threads need to get pulled in.

Plus, it's a beautiful twist. I was never expecting the squirrels to come back in this fashion.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

This was all so Ardon would be recognised as the "Lord of Owlbears", wasn't it?
    Well played, Ardon.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post

This was all so Ardon would be recognised as the "Lord of Owlbears", wasn't it?
    Well played, Ardon.
    Which, in turn, is all so he can pardon himself for his crimes (and all the future crimes they are likely to commit to free the mortal realm from Eladrin control).

Even then the plan isn't over yet. Peanut mentioned that Ell had a specific role to play that we have yet to see.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2021-02-18 at 01:55 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I don't think that's how that works. Perhaps eladrin law is different, but generally, if you point out a procedural flaw in something that's already passed, it becomes invalidated, rather than retroactively justifying the procedure.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Banned

Looks like most of our existing loose ends are tied up except Odie freeing his people.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Which, in turn, is all so he can pardon himself for his crimes (and all the future crimes they are likely to commit to free the mortal realm from Eladrin control).

Even then the plan isn't over yet. Peanut mentioned that Ell had a specific role to play that we have yet to see.
    i feel like he's going to declare himself married to Ell, Elf-girl, or the daughter of the lord of drakes, and then they both pardon themselves with spousal privledge or something.

We haven't seen the lord of Drake's daughter in awhile, so she might be waiting for around now to make that claim.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

i feel like he's going to declare himself married to Ell, Elf-girl, or the daughter of the lord of drakes, and then they both pardon themselves with spousal privledge or something.

We haven't seen the lord of Drake's daughter in awhile, so she might be waiting for around now to make that claim.
    I was going to suggest that Telese was with Odie's team, but then I remembered he didn't want any Eladrin with him when he rescued his people.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2021-02-19 at 03:01 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Banned

They already established that they don't need spousal privilege to pardon themselves. El and the others are Ardon's property, so they should be in the clear too. The only one who might benefit from marrying Ardon at this point is Taleese.

Back to Ardon, considering he never actually made a motion, I don't think his plan to get a motion passed in his name should have worked. He just made them aware of a situation that their laws required them to address. Not going to get too hung up on fantasy law technicalities though.

I'm wondering if the comic will cover Ardon's promise to El to help them change the world, or if it'll end before then. Either way, we have to be close to the end.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    They already established that they don't need spousal privilege to pardon themselves. El and the others are Ardon's property, so they should be in the clear too. The only one who might benefit from marrying Ardon at this point is Taleese.

Back to Ardon, considering he never actually made a motion, I don't think his plan to get a motion passed in his name should have worked. He just made them aware of a situation that their laws required them to address. Not going to get too hung up on fantasy law technicalities though.

I'm wondering if the comic will cover Ardon's promise to El to help them change the world, or if it'll end before then. Either way, we have to be close to the end.
    Taleese is the Lord of Drake's daughter, and actually the one who was supposed to marry Ardon before he busted out of the feywild. i just couldn't remember her name is all.

we haven't seen her during all this bit, so she could be setting up for a "surprise! i lived bipch!" moment at some point soon. (IIRC the Feywild believe that she died during Ardon's owlbear rampage) and then the whole spousal privledge thing happens?

Maybe as a Lord Ardon has the power to appoint other people as lords or something, idk. Feel like getting her recognized as the lady of Duckbunnies would be a whole ordeal in of itself.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    He made them aware of the situation and recommended the solution they voted on. The vote was literally 'should we do the thing Ardon said'. Since you appear to have to be a Lord to suggest an action to the parliament and they implicitly accepted Ardon's ability to do so..

If somebody had guessed where Ardon was going, they could have voted it down or had somebody go 'point of order, Ardon isn't permitted to suggest actions' and then immediately gone 'I, Lord Tiny Brown Songbirds, move that we initiate an apocalypse on the mortal plane to resolve the reported yadda yadda yadda' and they wouldn't have to acknowledge Ardon's ability to request that the Parliament do something.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: just for the first post of the new update
    Show
    Welp, looks like you called it. Really didn't expect how they revealed it though. This requires that Ardon and Teleese indisputably prove in front of the entire Eladrin government that the only difference visual difference between an Elf and an Eladrin is the eyes, which is something they were stubbornly protesting when Chandea brought it up before.

Also I thought Chandea and Teleese had very different personalities. Sure I was among those fooled into thinking the masked ranger was Chandea, but that was before Teleese was properly introduced as a character and in retrospect her dialogue makes perfect sense with Teleese's personality. Yet here we are where, before she took her contacts off, her dialogue makes more sense to me as Chandea than Teleese.

Does anyone else feel this way?