Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Adventures in Pyreed IC

And so it begins.

Spoiler: Varis
    Show
    You're cold. That's all you can tell. Every other sense is completely dull. You can't see, move, or smell. Just very, very cold. You wait. Has it been hours? Minutes? Days? Time is lost to you. You remain frozen for what seems like an eternity, until you finally hear something familiar, something that flicks a switch in your brain. There's a sound of a particular pitch, and then another, and another. The sounds seem to support each other. A chord. It's a chord, one from your favorite tune. Your eyes open, but everything is blurry. Before you lies a familiar sight- your lute. It must be several meters away, but some faint sliver of your magical attunement to the instrument seems to have caused it to play. The chord continues to play, almost as if being strummed. Every time the note is played, your senses come more to focus. You're locked into a block of ice, it seems. How did you get here? Where are you? Your mind bounces questions back and forth, and your eyes can move again. Your senses come more into focus and you flex your arms, noticing that the ice has some give. You strain and strain, but as your nerves resume functionality, so too does your ability to experience the sheer, absolute cold.

Spoiler: Zemzelett
    Show
    In your mind you hear a clap of thunder. From what must be miles above you, the sky has opened up to a magnificent storm. Your senses are absent save from the calming yet terrifying pulsation of the sky far, far above. You feel shivers as lightning strikes from the sky, and every peal of thunder jolts you further into consciousness. You've been in stasis for a long time, it seems. This storm must have woken you up, but this is not a familiar storm. The great Matrodon sends storms upon occasion, beautiful storms full of life-bringing rain and gorgeous displays of lightning that illuminate the night sky and remind all who inhabit the East that she is there with them. This is not one of her storms. The winds are screaming far above, and the rain is harsh and cold. Brutal swirls of ice and sleet hammer upon the frozen earth. You must be deep underground, as the storm has significant distance from you, and its unnatural rage would nearly consume you if it could access you directly. No, this is definitely no Eastern storm. You're unsure of how you got there, but it seems that fate has left you in the cold and callous North.

Spoiler: Ragden
    Show
    The last thing you remember is a whole lot of fire. You're unsure of its origin, but there was a lot. A recluse in your own head, you think back to your days as a wyrmling, when every burp and hiccup would singe the gith nearby, prompting them to reprimand you with beatings. They weren't to hurt you, but to let you know to control your body. From a young age, you learned the difference between natural fire and dragonfire. Natural fire was for warmth and light. Torches, campfires, and furnaces were a part of life. Dragonfires, however, were a weapon. They were the draconic enforcers way of showing who was in charge. Those who did not oblige to the most strictly ruled laws of the land, such as high treason, were forced to succumb to the fearsome dragonfires of the Reds. Those whose flesh was scorched from their bones did not go on to an afterlife. They were unmade. Dragonfires sear the soul from the body, leaving the body as a pile of ash, and the soul as a faint wisp of smoke. There is no coming back from death by dragonfire, except for the most powerful of necromatic magic. Your family, and the true dragons who sired you, are held in such high regard because they were the one true defense against the hordes of the North. When frost, lightning, acid and poison would take down the undead, they would simply rise once more. But dragonfires removed them from existence.

This jog through your memories finally ends as you come to realize you are swallowed in what must be a glacier. Fire burns within your heart, and a message from your lord Cragmyr booms through you. "ReKindle. The mightiest Blaze can go down to an ember, but from that ember the blaze can rise again." Heat comes bursting out from within you, and the nearby ice melts enough for you to open your maw and release dragonfire, unmaking the restricting ice and leaving you standing in a huge under-ice cavern with four other creatures sealed into the glaciers as well. One by one, you gently torch the ice encasing them, until you stand proud aside a Sylph, an Elf, a Half-Elf, and a human.

Spoiler: Kamaria
    Show
    The most devastating thing for a creature of the wind is to be bound in place. Where an imprisoned dwarf might wait patiently to be freed, a Sylph's very essence starts to crumble every second they remain captured. Your delicate wings need the warm winds to keep them functional, and you need your hair blowing in the breeze to remind yourself that you're alive. As you come to consciousness, you have no way of discerning whether you're stuck in a mound of snow, or if death has finally claimed you. Your body is certainly quite cold, but the worst part is how cold your thoughts have become: frigid, and unmoving. You're no stranger to cold winds, but the oppressing feeling of stasis has broken you. But suddenly- freedom! The ice and snow around you begins to melt with a sudden burst of heat, and as blood starts pumping through your veins, so too do your thoughts resume racing as they used to. Color comes back to you, and once more the artistic life you have created for yourself returns to you. The heat allows you to see your situation paint itself together. Dull, icey hues begin to brighten, enabling deep blues and teal greens to swirl through the frozen caverns that once contained you. The wings on your back are still a bit tight, likely unable to support you in flight, but oh, the sweet sweet feeling of liberty! You tumble out the snow to find yourself among four other figures, all of which seem to have recently emerged from the ice as well. Memory eludes you, but freedom enlightens you. You've come back from a deep and long slumber, and it's time to feel the wind in your face again.

Spoiler: Ursa
    Show
    Much like the great bear hibernates come winter, you have taken a long and deep slumber. You're awake now, as a dragonborn seems to have unfroze you. There's a fairy thing dancing around excitedly, a half-elf inspecting a lute, and an elf looking at the ceiling of the caverns you're in. You can feel on your body the signs of combat, and the sweat on your brow despite sleeping for so long tells you that the last time you were awake, you were likely enraged. Looking around, you find a familiar sight embedded in the ice not far from you. With one of your javelins, you chip away at the ice to expose the tip of a silver sword hilt. Placing just a finger on the chilled metal, you focus on feelings of light, warmth, love, passion, and rage. Springing from the hilt, the sunblade emerges, searing away the ice. You draw the glowing sword, swinging it a few times. The balance is perfect, just like always. In the distance you hear thunder, but unlike the storm the Elf seems to be talking about, these are rhythmic beats upon the tundra above. Footsteps? No... you remember that beat. It's a tribal beat, recognized throughout the South as signifying a meeting. You feel a calling to this tribe, not that you've met them before, but that they have a kind of power you've never seen before. Light glistens through the frosty halls. Your blade beckons to greet the true sun, enhancing its radiant power.

Your hibernation has concluded.
    The sun has risen.

The whole bunch of you look among each other with confusion and some degree of awe. You don't recognize these strangers, but you do feel some degree of affinity. You don't remember how you got here or exactly where you are, so you're not sure exactly where to go or what to do. Perhaps your animals and gear are somewhere nearby- all you have on you is your battle gear and other things you'd regularly keep on your person. The frozen cavern you are within seems to have a few exits into frigid halls and passages- three winding halls lead from this dragonfire-melted room.

There's surely much to discover, and reasons for why you're here would be quite useful to find. All that you can recall of your past is up until you began truly traveling. Some combination of Fate and Chaos have brought you here, and no matter where you go, one thing is certain;

Adventure Awaits.
    Last edited by BranMan; 2015-09-11 at 04:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Adventures in Pyreed IC

The scrawny 16-year old elf wakes up, and for the first time in a long while, didn't have his morning wood. But then again, who would, when they are thrust into a strange placed with four complete strangers?

"Um," Zemzelett Gemblossom tentatively squeaks out in a timid voice. "Who are you? Where are we?" The young elf looks quite close to crying as he starts to realize how far he is. The elf finally clasps his hands together in prayer, beseeching Matrodon for aid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast DETECT MAGIC as a ritual.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2015-09-11 at 01:08 AM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Kamaria Ahiri

Kamaria takes a few tentative steps on the icy floor, careful not to slip, while simultaneously checking her belt to make sure everything is still there. She looks around, first taking in the cave and then her four companions. The baby elf seemed to be performing a ritual, so she didn't want to disturb him. Instead, she says to the group (in Common*): hello there. My name is Kamaria... I have no idea where we are - do any of you?

Then her curiosity gets the better of her. What'cha casting?

Spoiler: *
    Show
    There is a hidden message in Thieves' Cant in here.
    Spoiler: Hidden Message
    Show
    "Anyone speak the Cant?"
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-11 at 01:34 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig, MHP

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Then her curiosity gets the better of her. What'cha casting?
    For the next ten minutes, Zemzelett continues muttering arcane phrases in Elvish. He is so engrossed in the ritual that the youngster shuts out all stimuli.

"Grande Matrodon, Mère de tout et de protecteur de la vie. Votre serviteur a besoin de votre aide. Accorde-moi une mesure de votre grâce et de puissance, afin que je puisse détecter et corriger toute enchantement impur et le mal qui lie votre requérant ici. Je vous supplie d'entendre mon appel!"
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2015-09-11 at 03:08 AM.
    Now Playing

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Kamaria screws up her face and shrugs. Elves, eh?

So, er, Mr. Dragonborn, sir... Any idea what's going on?

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As soon as the ice melted, Varis grabbed his lute and inspected it. It seemed to be okay. He plucked a few tunes, and felt the magic in the lute, which reassured Varhimis a bit. He then turned to look at the one who had melted him from the ice. Red dragon. Great, Varis thought. Out loud he said: "Hey, thanks. It was getting a bit chilly in there".

There were other people in the cave as well, all strangers. Varis wasn't sure how he'd gotten here, and others seemed disoriented as well.

To the sylph he said: "Don't bother, kid's praying or something. Will probably be out for a while. Oh yeah, no clue how I got here either. If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd be really grateful. Oh, and name's Varis".
    Last edited by Majin; 2015-09-11 at 02:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Cragmyrin Ragden, Devoted Paladin of Cragmyr
    Ragden breaks free of the glacier and goes down on one knee. He is breathing heavy and says a short prayer to Cragmyr, thanking him for the strength to break through the terrible ice. Ragden then looks around and find others trapped in the same ice. He immediately goes about melting the ice around them and breaking them free of the frozen bonds as well.

Once his newly found friends are free, he goes about watching them, and looking around the room to see a way out. He sees three passages leaving this little cavern, and does his best to face those passages at all times. He keeps his eye on them, while looking around at these new people he is stuck with. The youngest looking of them all, the elf, goes about casting some sort of spell. Knowing elvish, he follows the spell fairly well, but not knowing much about the arcane arts he doesn't fully understand what it is doing.

The little Sylph catches his eye by asking him a question. She gives him an odd vibe and looks at her oddly for a moment. "I do not know, Kamaria. I have never found myself in a situation quite like this. Cragmyr spoke to me while I was encased in the ice, but I do not yet understand the meaning of his words. He was helping me escape, but if I know my Lord, that is not the end of it. We are here for a reason, but what that reason is we will need to find out for ourselves." He pauses for a moment and swings his shield off of his back onto his left arm. "I am Cragmyrin Ragden, Captain of the Guard of the West. You can call me Ragden for short, if you'd like, Cragmyrin is my clan name. If I can, I will help you get out of this frozen cavern. But we will have to work together. Well met Varis, Kamaria." He looks to the last person not currently casting. "And what is your name human?"
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, I'm all for getting out of here! Soooooo... do you have a plan?

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Ragden looks at the Slyph and ponders her questions for a moment. He lets his eyes wander around the cavern and a low, sort of growl starts to come from him. After a moment it stops and he looks back at Kamaria, "I do not have a plan, but some troubles me. I have never seen ice like this outside of the north. I have been in battle up there a time or two and I've never seen so much ice. All of this ice and the ice we were stuck inside....." Ragden trails off and stares at the tunnels. "I do not have a plan....but I have an idea."

The dragonborn steps over to the entrance of the tunnels and plants his shield in front of him. He then grasps his amulet around his neck. Ragden closes his eyes and starts to chant in draconic. He points his nose up in the air and starts to sniff the air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Divine Sense - The presence of strong evil registers on your senses like a noxious odor, and powerful good rings like heavenly music in your ears. As an action, you can open your awareness to detect such forces. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being w hose presence you sense, but not its identity (the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich, for instance). Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

The first thing Ursa did was grab her sword. It was her most precious item. Even if she did not know where she was, or how she got there, her sword's presence meant that things were fine. She had not been bested by an opponent she could not remember. Not captured, and not dead.

Losing the bag was a different story. Not as important as the sword, but everything she owned in life was in that bag. Her trophies, her food, and her herb kit. Inside her heart pounded, but her outside was as cold as the tunnels as she searched the immediate area for the bag and anything else of interest.

While she did all this, Ursa was aware of the others, but tuned them out to focus until one asked her name. "I am Ursa. Do you know why we are here?

Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show
    (d20+4)[5]
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

To Ursa: seems like none of us know. Maybe we'll find out once we get out of this frozen prison... but those two are busy for now, so I guess we ought to make ourselves comfortable. Kamaria takes out her tinderbox and lights a candle. Anyone have anything that'll produce a some heat? A torch, maybe?

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Good idea, my nuts must be half frozen already. I think I had some torches in my pack..." Varis said, going through his belongings and presenting 10 torches. "These might keep us warm for a while. Light me up".
    Last edited by Majin; 2015-09-12 at 08:07 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Kamaria takes one of the torches, jams it into the floor and sets it alight. There. That should keep us from freezing, at least for a while. Thank you, Varis.

Kam feels changes in temperature more intensely* than stockier creatures, so she'll be keeping close to the fire down here.

Spoiler: *OOC Science
    Show
    By this I mean that she is lighter for her height and build than a humanoid would be (due to being made partly out of elemental air), and therefore that she has a lower specific heat. A smaller amount of energy loss or input is required to lower or raise her internal body temperature.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-12 at 12:43 PM.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

After Ragden's moment, searching for particular sorts of threats, he picks his shield back up and walks over to the group. "We need to find some things to burn, for now. My internal heat helps me stay warm for longer, but you all need help." Ragden then gets to work. He doesn't have Tristan, and does worry about the horse, but he has to worry about those he can immediately help.

He gets out of his pack 5 pitons in the middle of the room. He steaks them into the ground in a circle. He then takes is rope and makes a pentagram. "Not the best of symbols, but it will have to do. You," pointing at Kamaria, "Give me your rope." Her rope in hand, he begins weaving it into the same pattern he did his own. He then takes out 5 of his torches from his pack and one bottle. He lines the torches in the circle and takes the bottle, standing up. "Everyone, stand back." The bottles glows with an orange-red and seems to flicker inside the bottle. Ragden drops it in the middle of the circle, and fire erupts from it, catching the ropes and torches on fire.

"Alchemist's fire. Not quite as good as my own, but it will do for now. It burns for a long while so hopefully it will give us the time we need to figure out a plan." He then takes a cloak of our his pack and wraps it around the Slyph, "You are small, and easiest to freeze. Keep that around you and you should be alright."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, um, thank you. That's... very kind of you. Kam wraps the cloak tightly around her shoulders.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Although the scrawny elfling continues to concentrate on his ritual, the cold has seeped into his armor, and already he is starting to shiver involuntarily.

Still, the ritual must be completed, otherwise Zemzelett would be casting an entirely different spell...
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2015-09-13 at 01:10 AM.
    Now Playing

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Ursa was glad to find that her bag hadn't gone far. It had just been knocked to a corner of the odd cave. She collected the bag and took in the cave and her companions again. "So are we waiting for something? There it doesn't appear we are trapped here."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Well I'm waiting to find out what the elf is up to. We're all in this together, so we can't just leave him.

Kam sits down next to Ragden's fire.

And you know, there are three passages leading out of here. Chances are, we'll pick the wrong one and have to come back, so I figure it makes sense to keep this chamber warm.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-13 at 03:41 AM.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

A warm, alchemical fire burns in the center of the roughly 40 by 40 foot chamber, with a 20 foot ceiling. You all begin to feel much warmer, staving off the potentially debilitating cold for at least a little while longer.

Ragden sniffs the air, and finds that something is surely amiss. This chamber reeks of fear, hopelessness, and the unmistakable stench of undeath. However, unlike the other times Divine Sense has detected the exact presence of sinister creatures, this undead essence seems to emanate from all over the room.

Zemzelett chants in elvish to detect nearby magics, but is interrupted a few minutes in by the telltale ringing in his ears from his knife of warning. Something malicious is nearby.

Kamaria's eyes dart around the room, wary of trouble, and notices that the ice comprising the cavern seems to be almost... shifting. Icicles seem to lengthen, and mounds of snow seem to coalesce into crystalline shapes. This is definitely odd, but then again, it could just be the freezing cold getting to her head.

Chilly winds start to fill the room, and the campfire seems to flicker precariously, almost as if being devoured by the penetrating cold.
    Spoiler: Sig
    Show
    My game, Adventures in Pyreed:
    IC
    OOC

I draw maps! I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as Pencil and Paper. PM me and I could map for ya!

PSA: Axolotls Aren't Fish

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

After Ragden made his fire for the others, he got the answer he was looking for from his senses. And the outlook was not good. "I fear we are in great peril. Cragmyr has given me the answer I was seeking. Unfortunately, it was the answer I was expecting, and yet much worse. I can usually pinpoint the exact location of the undead or fiends and devils. However, the reading I got was far more troubling...." He trails off and looks around the room as the wind starts to pick-up. "The room itself seems to be undead. Or, at least, the room is bathed in the essence of the undead, as well as despair and hopelessness. I know not what kind of cavern we are in, but it seems to be an undead creature. And a normal wind wouldn't affect Alchemist fire as it is right now. We should leave as soon as we can." He turns to Zemzelett, "Elf, are you done yet? We should be leaving as soon as we are able."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Ragden's right, there's something seriously wrong going on here. And I can see that without the help of that red tyrant...

To Zem: whaddya say kid? Time to move?
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-13 at 03:56 PM.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Ragden raises an eyebrow, "I assume you don't agree with the way Cragmyr runs his lands?"

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Varis smiled at Kamaria's comment about the red dragon. "Hey, I'm sure if you get past the whole oppression thing, he's a pleasant fellow", he said, with a mocking tone in his voice.

"Anyway, the whole undead thing doesn't sound too nice. Since nobody seems to have any ideas where these routes lead, we might just as well pick one randomly. If this is actually some ice demon's belly, I don't wanna wait for digestion to start", Varis said and drew his rapier.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Cragmyr half-smiles, "It is easy to judge when the weight of a nation doesn't rest on your shoulders. But, regardless, a servant of the Great Red will be helping you escape this godless place today. I don't care your background, nor your deeds in the past. I only care that everyone make it out alive this day. Taking pot-shots at my God may not be the best thanks to someone willing to help you." Ragden snorts at Varis, a very slight amount of flame escaping his nostrils. He turns, once again, to the tunnels...shield in hand and axe now off his belt and in his other.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Kamaria readies her bow and says, You guys lead on; I'll cover you if we run into anything nasty. And Ragden, I am grateful for your help. Politics can wait until we get out of here.

Show
    We love our ninja prawn.

A Faerie Affair

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Ursa frowned. "You're saying the cavern itself is undead? How is that possible? Its a cavern Puzzled, she stood in place for a moment. Then purposefully, she activated her Sunblade, walked up to the wall of the cavern, and prodded it with the blade. The undead didn't like her blade, so if the cave really was undead, it should react.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The ringing in Zemzelett's ears interrupts his ritual. What's more, the warning emanating from the weapon gifted to him by Matrodon also starts buzzing in the ears of those within 30 feet of the elf.

With a scowl on his face, the elf says, "There is something that is getting ready to attack us! We must get out of here!"

The elf straps on his shield, and mutters a silent prayer to Matrodon to seek her guidance. He was unable to sense her in this place, but that doesn't mean she would be unable to hear him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Guidance on self to get a d4 boost on an ability check, which includes rolling for initiative. Furthermore, Zem has advantage on initiative checks from weapon of warning.
    Now Playing

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

The Sun Blade prods at the shifting walls of ice, and a loud HISSSS sounds out as three large forms of ice spring from the walls. Zemzelett's Knife brings you all to alert, but you can't help but be taken aback as the shambling creatures of ice and snow bare frozen talons and hateful, hollow eyes.

One emerges adjacent to Ursa, another next to Ragden, and a third emerges from the far wall, about 15 feet from Zemzelett.

Spoiler: Battle Map
    Show

We'll be using side initiative (Highest roll on player side vs highest roll on DM's side)

(1d20+3)[4]
    Spoiler: Sig
    Show
    My game, Adventures in Pyreed:
    IC
    OOC

I draw maps! I use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, as well as Pencil and Paper. PM me and I could map for ya!

PSA: Axolotls Aren't Fish

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"W-w-w-what is t-t-that?!" the Elf squeaks out, instinctively backing away from the monster and moving closer to the fire and the strangers.

"D-d-d-deflagro!" the would-be wizard stutters out, pointing his finger not at the creature closest to him, but at the creature next to the dragonborn. The little elf wouldn't want to make the monster closest to him mad if he can help it!

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[11] (1d20+2)[5] plus Guidance (1d4)[4]. Result: 16.
    What IS that? Knowledge Check: (1d20)[13]. If Nature, +4 (17), if Arcana or Religion, +6 (19).
    Move left 2 squares, north 2 squares.
    Fire Bolt against shambling creature next to Ragden. (1d20+5)[12] vs AC. On hit, (1d10)[1] fire damage. On crit, extra (1d10)[9] fire damage.
    Result: Likely miss. Minimal damage on a hit.

Zemzelett Gemblossom (Elf Tempest Cleric 1 Divination Wizard 3)
    HP: 28/28 | Temp HP: 0 | Hit Dice: 1/1d8 3/3d6 | Speed: 30
    MP: 4/3 | Spell To-Hit: +5 | Spell Save DC: 13 (12 for Cleric spells)
    Wrath of the Storm: 2/2 | Arcane Recovery: 2/2 | Portent: 9, 20
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2015-09-13 at 09:48 PM.
    Now Playing

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Ahh, monsters in the walls. That made much more sense. An impressive skill, bbut how good were they in an actual fight? A wild grin grew on Ursa's face as she drew inside for the primal strength her tribe spent generation's learnign to channel. "Let's do this!" she cried, slashing at the nearest creature.

Spoiler: Turn
    Show
    Bonus action Activating Rage
    Attacking with Sunblade (of course) against Creature 2:(d20+8)[15]
    Damage: (d10+8)[17]
    Extra damage vs Undead: (d8)[6]

Also, All damage dealt by a Sunblade is considered Radiant damage.
    Last edited by Estralita; 2015-09-13 at 10:56 PM.