Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 113
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Travails in Suzail - IC

    It should have been an easy job. Slip in through the window, grab the chest, scarper. Dozing guards, shadowed alleyways... an idiot could have done it. Blindfolded.

    So there were extra guards posted? Nothing a few sturdy coshes can't sort out. So the chest was nailed down? That's what crowbars are for. So a bunch of vagabonds stormed the place looking for the very same gold... wait, what? That was unexpected - and problematic, given the company of Purple Dragons chasing them. Time to bail!

    Col's last words to you were: "head fer the docks, ya should be able to lose 'em there. I'll try an' draw 'em off. Go!"

    You look around quickly and take stock of the situation. You are standing outside of the custom house, at a four-way crossing. People are running in all directions, and Col is creating a loud distraction. Up the avenue (North), you see a band of Purple Dragon knights marching, double-time. Down the avenue (South; the direction of the docks), you see a crowd of what look like peasants, beggars and general rabble filling the road. An East-West street cuts across the avenue here. You can't see much in either direction... to the West there looks to be a large tavern overhanging the street, and to the East the way is lined with boxes and barrels.

    What do you want to do?
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-11 at 02:25 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Elly hisses quietly and flicks her head towards the street full of barrels and boxes for the benefit of Eric, indicating that she would be travelling this way. She left the decision of whether to travel together or separately to the docks up to his judgement. Both had merits and drawbacks, as they both well knew.

    Eyeing the boxes and barrels, she tried to use her best judgement as to whether there would be time and sufficient hiding places to hide, or whether she'd need to keep running.

    OOC: Assuming I'm not classed as in combat, I'll use City Secrets to travel twice as fast if I don't end up hiding.
    Last edited by SoccerTrust; 2015-09-12 at 04:21 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    You judge that it would take too long to rearrange the boxes to make them into a hiding place, and the knights can see you where you are at the moment, so you wouldn't be very well hidden anyway. However, they do look pretty unstable. If you want to attempt to knock them over, please make a Strength check.

    Voice of the DM: you are not in combat, but this is a 'skill challenge' that is kind of similar to combat from a mechanical perspective. Movement is not being measured in time, distance and speed at the moment, only the gap between you and your pursuers. Really, City Secrets is the only reason you've got a chance of escaping in the first place, so it's kind of already been taken into account.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Eric was hesitant about heading east, wanting to ultimately go towards the docks in the southwest. However, he followed closely behind Elly, trusting in her knowledge of the city. Besides, if they could get out of sight and change direction, it could buy a lot of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerTrust View Post
    Eyeing the boxes and barrels, she tried to use her best judgement as to whether there would be time and sufficient hiding places to hide, or whether she'd need to keep running.
    Noticing as Elly eyed the barrels, Eric prepared to assist in pushing them over if Elly went for them. Until then, he kept moving, looking for a useful alley on the South side of the street.

    OOC: I'll try to give advantage on the strength check, if Elly makes one.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Indicating a shove to the barrels would be a good idea, Elly got herself into position as quickly as she could, as the half-elf moved to assist her. Giving a quick shove, and hoping for the best, Elly watched only briefly for the results of her handiwork, before continuing to flee from the guards.

    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Str modifier is +0, so (1d20)[4]
    And if I get Advantage: (1d20)[4].
    (If Lucky applies: (1d20)[12]).
    Last edited by SoccerTrust; 2015-09-12 at 11:36 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Elly gives the boxes a shove, and Eric gives them a kick, but they only rock back and forth, refusing to fall down. Behind you, half a dozen knights break off and follow you, keeping you well within their line of sight.

    You are now in a side-street off the main avenue, lined with shops and money-changers. It seems like a fairly nice place; the street is wide and relatively clean, though there is still a lot of stuff stored on the street. The shops are closed for the night, but some of the doors look to be open. As you run, you spot a ladder propped up against a pile of crates. At the end of the street, you see a temple of some kind, its white walls standing out brightly against the gathering night.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-12 at 02:27 PM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Confined spaces are a good way to lose a crowd... Eric mused to himself. also a good way to trap yourself...

    Ellie, get the ladder! He grunted, giving one last heave to the boxes. There would be more buildings to escape through later if it came to that.

    After shoving the boxes, Eric turned to stay on Elly's heels.


    Spoiler: Strength Check
    Show
    Strength check to push the boxes: (1d20-1)[12]

    Spoiler: Next Actions
    Show
    If Elly goes up the ladder, Eric will attempt to pull it up behind them. Otherwise, he is following her.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Nodding vigourously, Elly grabs the ladder, looking for a likely rooftop on the south side of the street. Better to head in the general direction of the docks, after all. The temple looked interesting, not to mention possibly lucrative, but they would have to shake off their pursuit first. Perhaps another time. Once she found a good rooftop to climb up to, she intended to place the ladder and climb up as quickly as possible.

    Shaking her head, she ruefully wished she had purchased caltrops the last time she had picked up equipment.
    Last edited by SoccerTrust; 2015-09-12 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Vigourous Noddy

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    You both scramble up the ladder onto the roof of a shop. Piles of stored materials go clattering down in the street, forcing the knights to smash a path through... which they manage to do pretty quickly, though it does buy you time to pull up the ladder.

    On top of the roof, things look a lot clearer - this building's roof is tidy and uncluttered. You can see around you fairly well, though there are taller buildings than yours preventing you from seeing too far. The way south looks the most open, though there is a gap between the buildings not far ahead that you'll have to negotiate somehow if you go that way. Alternatively, you could run to the East, where you think you can see a more residential area, or climb up another two storeys onto the building immediately West of you.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+3)[15]
    (1d20+3)[11]
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-13 at 04:51 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Eric couldn't believe his luck as he hefted the ladder under his arm, and ran south. Then again, if he really had good luck, they wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

    Elly, ya think it strange Col had us on this job? Eric asked rhetorically. Given the circumstances, he wasn't even certain she would respond.

    As he approached the opening between buildings, he considered his much lighter partner. Ladies first he quipped, bridging the gap with his ladder.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Attempting to cross the gap on an unstable ladder requires a Dexterity (Acrobatics) check. If one of you wants to hold the ladder for the other, you can gain advantage on the check, but taking that much care will take longer than just running for it.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Elly nods sourly as she scampers over the roof. "I was wondering the same thing myself. Only one way to find out, right?"

    Stepping over to the ladder, Elly mutters a prayer to Brandobaris as she gingerly tries to walk over to the other side.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics: (1d20+3)[10]

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerTrust View Post
    Stepping over to the ladder, Elly mutters a prayer to Brandobaris as she gingerly tries to walk over to the other side.
    A look distaste briefly crosses Eric's face as Elly mutters a prayer. It's not the God's that'll be helping me tonight Eric had to force his thoughts away from the topic as he followed after Elly. He couldn't risk losing his concentration here.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobatics: (1d20+3)[20]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Elly slips while trying to cross the ladder! Make a Dexterity saving throw!
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    When he sees Elly stumble, Eric leaps forward to catch her - but stops short when he sees what happens next. The nimble halfling, obviously used to this kind of situation, manages to grab the edge of the ladder as she falls, then swing herself back up and onto the next roof.

    Eric crosses after her, keeping his balance with ease.

    Behind you, three of the knights gain the roof you were just on, apparently having used grappling hooks to climb up. You cannot tell what happened to the other knights. Ahead, you see that there is a stack of firewood up against the side of this building that you could use to climb down into a back alley, quickly and safely. Alternatively, you could keep going straight South, which stretches out invitingly before you, on this roof or veer off to the Southeast, where a cluster of ramshackle garrets might give you an opportunity to hide from your pursuers.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-14 at 08:26 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    When he sees Elly stumble, Eric leaps forward to catch her - but stops short when he sees what happens next. The nimble halfling, obviously used to this kind of situation, manages to grab the edge of the ladder as she falls, then swing herself back up and onto the next roof.
    You're playing a dangerous game, Elly Eric chuckles.

    Well, lead on Eric eyed his makeshift bridge as he followed Elly. He didn't care to leave such a valuable tool behind, but it was weighing him down. Maybe he could still use it to his advantage, though he was concerned about how Elly would respond to his idea.

    ...and don't look back, I'll be right behind you. We just need to MOVE! Hopefully that would be enough. Surely, Eric would have a lot of explaining to do later, but for now, he didn't want Elly to see what was coming.

    Just steps behind Elly, Eric prepared a blast of arcane energy. If those guards tried to cross the ladder, they would quickly find that their bridge turned to splinters.



    Spoiler: Attack on Ladder
    Show
    Eldritch Blast, attack (60ft range): [roll]1d20+5[/roll]
    Damage:[roll]1d10[/roll]
    Last edited by Provo; 2015-09-14 at 11:09 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Not wanting to let on that her near-fall had shaken her a little, Elly ran as casually as she could under the circumstances toward the woodpile - and the safety of the ground. Best not to tempt fate too much.

    Feeling rather than seeing something strange occurring behind her, Elly wondered briefly what her friend had done. Shaking her head to clear it, she figured he had just provided some alchemical distraction. Though it was strange that he didn't wish her to see what had occurred...

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Eric moves forward slowly, preparing to blast away the ladder. When the knights get to the ladder, however, two of them leap athletically across the gap... one landing uncomfortably close to you, the other misjudging the jump and crashing down into the street below! Only the third, a dwarf, attempts the ladder - at which point Eric unleashes his spell... to no effect! The bolt of arcane energy hits the ladder but does no damage to it. The dwarf, though, is startled and struggles to keep her balance...

    Knight 1 athletics check: (1d20+3)[17]
    Knight 2 athletics check: (1d20+3)[5]
    Knight 3 acrobatics check: (1d20)[14]
    Disadvantage: (1d20)[14]

    ...but ultimately making it across.

    He's a spellcaster! Get Zippy! She shouts down into the alleyway where her comrade fell. The other knight is looking at you closely, possibly trying to memorise your face.

    Meanwhile, Elly sees none of this; she runs ahead and chambers down into another alley. It's pretty dark down here, as light from the street struggles to reach you.

    Elly must make a Wisdom (Perception) check to discover her options. Eric has essentially the same options Elly had last turn.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-16 at 01:25 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    He's a spellcaster! Get Zippy! She shouts down into the alleyway where her comrade fell.
    Great, just great...Of course, they would have a solution. The Purple Dragons were one of the best armies in the known world, but Eric hadn't had time to account for that in his plans.

    And now they were gaining on Eric and Elly. A change of scenery might be what they need to escape, and Eric wasn't yet willing to give up his biggest advantage in navigating the city, Elly. Eric runs down the woodpile after her, and quickly tries to take stock of his surroundings.

    Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show
    (1d20+3)[23]

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Edit: posted to wrong thread.

    * post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Provo; 2015-09-16 at 08:24 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Elly looks around wildly in the alleyway. Her night vision was never that good.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[6]

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Spoiler: Elly
    Show
    you cannot see much at all down here. Only the light coming from streets at either end of the alley. The one to the West sounds louder and brighter, but you can't make out anything specific in the noise.

    Looks like you'll either have to take a shot in the dark, or wait for Eric and his elven eyes.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Hesitating only for a moment, Elly decided not to wait for Eric to describe what he saw. There simply was no time. She began running west, hoping that would avoid them being cornered.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Spoiler: Elly
    Show
    You dash off to the West, rejoining the main avenue and being confronted immediately by a seething crowd of people. They are shouting slogans, mainly against the trading companies that operate in the docks. They seem angry but you aren't sure why.

    The crowd is moving North and most of it has passed your current location already. Further down the avenue, you can see a few buildings with lights in the windows; clearly they are open for business. One appears to be a tavern or inn (judging by its sign, which is a stack of wine barrels), but the other has no sign at all. Still further down, huge brick warehouses loom darkly.

    Spoiler: Eric
    Show
    In the alleyway, you see the two ends very clearly: the Western end leads to the main avenue - that is the way Elly went - and the Eastern end appears to be a smaller street. You see three Purple Dragons emerge from it. Above you, two more of them reach the edge of the building and look down into the alleyway.

    Human knight perception (1d20)[10]
    Dwarven knight insight (1d20)[8]

    "He's down there, you dolt!" Says the dwarf.
    "Let's surround him! Jump down on that side, I'll go this way!" Says the human, pointing first to your West, then East.

    You look around you and see two doors, one on either side of the alley. They look like the back doors of commercial premises and your common sense tells you that they will be locked. You also see a cellar-hatchway on the South side of the alley. There is an unfastened lock hanging from the handle.


    ((Okay, I'm done editing. I think.))
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-18 at 07:26 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Looks like this may be the end of the race for me... but Elly still has her chance. Eric thought as he entered the alley.

    Elly, double back to the west! They wont find you at our safehouse! Eric shouted at the top of his lungs. While he shouted, Elly felt different words seep into her mind. *Elly, that was just a ruse. This is where we split ways... meet me in the docks.*

    At that, Eric took the lock from the cellar door, and he dove in, desperately hoping there was another way out.

    Spoiler: Rolls and OOC
    Show
    Deception (to draw some of the guards off Elly's trail):(1d20+5)[10]
    OOC: Eric takes the lock. If he can lock the door from the inside, he does. Otherwise, he immediately looks for a way out or hiding places.
    Perception if necessary: (1d20+3)[20]
    Last edited by Provo; 2015-09-18 at 06:59 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Elly didn't like this job. She didn't like it one bit. First it had gone all wrong, and it was possible they had been double-crossed. Now Eric seemed to be doing...magic? Not that magic was bad. She had picked up one or two spells from a hedge wizard friend, they could come in handy in emergencies. But why hadn't he told her he was studying magic? And how was he able to put words in her head? That seemed like powerful magic.

    Elly looked around for someone toward the back of the crowd who seemed a little more reasonable than the rest, and tried to get some information out of them. "Hey, comrade. What's happening? Are we finally kicking those damn merchants out of the city?"

    Just in case this was more trouble, though, she got ready to continue running toward the south.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Spoiler: Elly
    Show
    You find a pair of humans who aren't carrying torches or improvised weapons. One is old and grey, while the other is much younger. The older one says Aye, we're marching on the guildhall. We won't let those bastards get away with this!

    Spoiler: Eric
    Show
    You dart into the cellar, swapping the lock to the inside. You hear two heavy thuds outside, and then pounding on the door-hatch.

    You are in a small, dark stairwell. You see a heavyset tiefling at the bottom, cradling a cudgel.

    Tryin' to sneak in the back way, are we? He says, shaking his head. You gotta pay, just like the rest. Two silver, or you're goin' back where you came from, knave.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    HalflingWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Elly was getting impatient to be off again, but she risked one last question before setting off again. "But what is it they've done, friend?"

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2015

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Tryin' to sneak in the back way, are we? He says, shaking his head. You gotta pay, just like the rest. Two silver, or you're goin' back where you came from, knave.
    Eric smiles at the Tiefling Ah, but where are my manners. Of course all pay!. He pulls out five silver as he continues, Perhaps you could quickly show me the way?

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    I included all that might be relevant.

    Persuasion:(1d20+5)[16]
    If advantage (from coins):(1d20+5)[13]

    To determine what he is talking about or what this is a back way to:
    Insight:(1d20+3)[9]
    Intelligence:(1d20)[16]

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Ninja_Prawn's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: Travails in Suzail - IC

    Spoiler: Elly
    Show
    You mean you don't know? They're trying to put us all out of work! Five hundred dockers, stevedores and longshoremen, all cast adrift! He scowls. Those fools think they can force half the people to do twice the work! My daughter here already works a hundred hours a tenday... It just ain't right.

    Suddenly, you notice the crowd swarm and lurch - mostly away from you. A few seconds later, you realise that some of the knights are coming this way. It looks like they've spotted you again!

    Spoiler: Eric
    Show
    He flashes you a cruel-looking smile.

    Thank you, sir. Right this way. He unlatches a door behind him and waves you in.

    Inside is a brightly-lit and gaudily-painted hallway, lined with cubicles, each one enclosed with bright silk curtains. Outside some of the cubicles stand young men and women wearing lots of make-up and very few clothes. Perfumes and squeals fill your nose and ears. Indeed, dropping into the middle of a brothel is a disconcerting sensory barrage.

    Some of the workers move to offer you their services - the going rate appears to be one gold piece per half-hour. However, you are only inside for a few seconds before you hear a deafening crash coming from the way you came in.

    Moments later, another tiefling in blue silk robes strides into the hallway and commands: everyone upstairs, quickly now! I'll deal with this.

    People in various stages of undress start filing down the hall, away from the back entrance.
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-09-19 at 12:09 PM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

    Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

    A Faerie Affair

    Homebrew: Sig, MHP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •