A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,094 of 1094
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Edge of Humanity OOC.

Alright, then, let's see what's coming up next.

ECL 10!

This is Alala's fourth (and final) level of Half-Celestial, her 10th level of Warblade, and her 10th level of the Titan Bloodline.

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Spoiler: Half-Celestial Progression
    Show

Level Flight SLAs Resistances Stat Bonuses Racial save bonus vs Poison Darkvision Misc
    1 1/2 base movement speed, Clumsy Effective HD 1/4 current Cold 10 Str, Dex, Con, Wis, Cha +1 1 15' NA +1, RHD grant 8+int Skill Points
    2 base movement speed, Poor Effective HD 1/2 current Electricity 10 Str, Con, Int, Wis, Cha +1 2 30' Immune to Disease, Daylight (at will)
    3 1.5 x base movement speed, Average Effective HD 3/4 current Acid 10 Str, Dex, Con, Wis, Cha +1 3 45' Smite Evil 1/day, Natural Weapons count as Magic to bypass DR
    4 2x base movement speed, Good As listed DR 5/magic Str, Con, Int, Wis, Cha +1 4 60' SR (10+HD), Type changes to Outsider (Native)
    So, I get:
    Half-Celestial 4
    Flight improves to twice land movement speed, good maneuverability
    ECL10 SLAs (Holy Smite, Remove Disease, Dispel Evil - all 1/day)
    DR 5/magic
    Str, Con, Int, Wis and Cha +1
    Save vs Poison bonus increases to +4
    Type: Outsider (Native)
    SR 20 (10+HD)

Warblade 10
    +1d12 HD ((1d12)[8]) - Not sure, were we rolling these?
    +1 BAB (10/5)
    +1/2 Fort
    +1/3 Ref
    +1/3 Will
    +8 Skill Points (+9 if we're doing retroactive ones from her Int increase)
    +1 Maneuver Readied
    +1 Stances Known (Ooh! Oooh! I pick... Press the Advantage, for all my double-5'-step-needs)
    Trade 1 maneuver for another maneuver of up to 5th level (I pick... trading Death from Above for Dancing Mongoose - because why wouldn't I want Alala's best charge to involve 7 (4 lance, 3 hoof) attacks?)

Technically she also gets SR from her Titan Bloodline, too, but it's weaker than the Half-Celestial version, so I doubt it'll matter much.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Troll in the Playground

Sweet. Working on the ending posts right now; fleshing them out to reflect our current trajectory and will be ready to plunge us into the endgame as soon as we get our posts in.
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika

more

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Do we have to use monster levels/templates on the "monster" side, or can we add class levels now?
    I just realized I forgot to add a level to that side when I hit class level 9...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

You are absolutely encouraged to use Class Levels once you've completed your Monster Class progression. Stegyre did this with Tai. However, I encourage you to at least make a post reflecting your character's new insight or learning.

more

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll probably just go with a couple levels of Warlock for extra invocations and utility.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

I will be traveling from 6/24 to 6/28 and my posting may be slow for that time.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

Having seen no posts for a bit--a week at that--I am willing to conclude that ALL of our collective stamina for this game has run out. Thank you all for the last several years of posting (and Stegyre, wherever you are). It's been a genuine joy and pleasure to write and see your characters change and grow. I have felt some sadness over concluding this, but as I sat with a colleague at lunch and talked about RP games, he pointed out he's rarely seen a game last for so long. This has been a colossal effort on all of your parts, and for that I thank you.

I do have the desire to tell the ideas of what could have been, or what could have manifested had we continued the story longer.

Spoiler: Fifty-five years ago...
    Show

Niellere was, indeed, one of three Witches of a coven, as our late medusa explained. However, each of these witches lived a double life. Niellere was a great mage in the invasion force the humans made into the Feywild; her influence and connection to the plane brought them there. Turns out, she had been a Lover of one Prince Niallghas, who was was nearly poised to Ascend to "Divinity" status. Ironically, the many people of the invading force eventually found out about Niellere's treachery, slew her, and forced her soul into her "casting sword," and at great cost to life, slew Niallghas and separated his soul into fragments. The "Sword" absorbed one fragment, so that the souls of Niellereand Niallghas could be together forever. Another fragment went into Niallghas' Scroll of Every Death; another went into his personal journal; the last piece was absorbed by a Song that only a Fey being can sing. As long as the remnants of Niallghas' soul remained alive, Niallghas could Ascend to become the Odium.

The humans wasted no time; they burned the Scroll, though it proved to be quite a task; since it was made of living flesh, contained copious amounts of ink, and was millions of pounds heavy, it took quite a bit of magical power to destroy. Meanwhile, Eurykhrys managed to make her way into the Feywild, stole the Journal and the Sword, and left for the world of Nidea once again. Upon her arrival, mostly insane, Eurykhrys had become twisted into a Medusa, in a twist of her former nature as a meek hedge-druid. She eventually managed to separate herself from the Sword. She secreted away the Journal among her "collection" but felt overwhelmed by guilt that she couldn't prevent Niallghas' Scroll from being ruined. She became known for her prophecies that always shared truth, but also for her exacting price for the very same revelations of what could be.

In the present...

I wondered what Xylona might do when she got back to her "tutor," the Dwarven Artificer (whom I named Fargus). For the few weeks (strange right, that it's been a few weeks IC) they had, they studied Niellere's sword and immediately concluded they would not sort anything out about this sword until they had further help, and placed the sword in magical quarantine. They called for several colleagues' help, and the one who responded was a Theurge who specialized in Divination and Abjurations. They set to meticulous work, and over the course of three days found out that it was full of Transmutation Magic (as well as Necromancy); it was a universal casting implement; that all of its magics were also Fey in nature; that it had a potent ability to transmute magics channeled into it to deadly attacks, and finally, that it was a Artifact meant to corrupt and then turn souls against their nature. At this point, they stopped trying to decipher its properties, placed it back under magical quarantine, and called for help.

Omar had found the Journal of Niallghas by exceptional luck. Had the party made it to the Feywild, they could have tracked down the Flower Maidens that knew of Niallghas' song, defeated them, and destroyed the last soul fragment of Verdant Prince Niallghas, who had, with the help of Niellere's, Eurykhrys and the Grey Witch, masterminded the world-magics that altered Humanoid potential for Arcane magic, influenced them towards corruption, and ultimately, upon Niallghas' Ascension, invade Nidea and make it the new Garden of Every Death.

Thanks to all for playing. I hope to see you all around on the forums.
    Last edited by ~Corvus~; 2021-12-20 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Witch, not Witch's

more

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

For the record, I've just been slow in general the last week or so. I get the keys to my new flat next week. I've been... distracted. Mostly by the loss of my life savings to secure said flat. London's expensive

But hey... that was a good run for a PBP. Something like the third, fourth longest I've ever had. Certainly beat any of the ones I've ever run!

Now I just have to see if Renia can beat Kulli's 5 years

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

I remember you moving at least once before during our game's run. How nuts!

more

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Uh, not quite - I started looking for a flat around Easter last year, got my offer in around November, and get my keys next week because the seller was the slowest person in the known universe...

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Thanks for the game o7

Yeah, think this is the second longest PbP I've participated in!

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Night View Post
    Thanks for the game o7

Yeah, think this is the second longest PbP I've participated in!
    I'm glad I had you come along. It was a great time!

more

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks all. It was fun.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Thanks to Corvus and everyone else. I had a blast!