New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Dark Sun Monster Conversion - 2nd to 5th edition.

Howdy Y'all. Im going to be starting up my Dark Sun Campaign again, and I want to throw at them the worst that Athas can muster.

So, can anyone give me a starter on how to convert the monsters from Terrors of the Desert and Terrors Beyond Tyr from 2nd edition to 5th Edition for the monsters of Dark Sun?

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Dark Sun Monster Conversion - 2nd to 5th edition.

Which edition of the game do you think is easier to convert from? Do you insist on converting from 2nd edition, or have you considered a conversion based on 3rd or 4th edition of Dark Sun?

I unfortunately have no experience with 5th edition monster statblocks, so I can't offer much advice otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    "I am a human sixtyfourthling! Fear my minimal halfling ancestry!")
    Quote Originally Posted by Zweisteine View Post
    So the real question is, what is a Ling?

3. - Top - End - #3

Flumph

Default Re: Dark Sun Monster Conversion - 2nd to 5th edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Network View Post
    Which edition of the game do you think is easier to convert from? Do you insist on converting from 2nd edition, or have you considered a conversion based on 3rd or 4th edition of Dark Sun?

I unfortunately have no experience with 5th edition monster statblocks, so I can't offer much advice otherwise.
    I would consider a conversion from 3rd to 5th edition, but I have no idea how to do that. The third party sourcebooks Terrors of Athas and Terrors of the Dead Lands have everything that I need, just I don't know how to convert from one edition to another.

On a hunch, I would say that 3rd to 5th would be the best, as I am not a fan of 4th edition Dark Sun.