MuffinMan Waylan Human Cleric Lawful Good
    BelGareth Gracia Human Paladin Lawful Goodl
    Gwinfryd Elrembriel Elf Wizard Neutral
    JWally Morevek Tiefling Magus Chaotic Good
    DarkOne Filburn Half-Elf Bard Neutral Good
    Knighthood and Medals of the Crusade
    Scales of Terendelev
    Campaign Traits and Medals earned

For decades, demons have ruled the Worldwound. Fearsome fiends of every stripe—their mottled skin harder than iron, teeth like serrated blades, and eyes burning with Abyssal flames—roam the ruined lands that were once known as Sarkoris, leaving their mark wherever they go.

Four crusades have attempted to cleanse the land, but each seems to meet a worse fate than the last. Were it not for the line of magical wardstones along the eastern and southern borders, the demons would have long ago overrun north central Avistan and beyond.

The Fourth Crusade hasn’t really ended as much as petered out, yet some refuse to accept that. Amid crippling shortages and record lows in morale among the crusaders, the Mendevian war effort teeters on the brink of collapse.

Though the demonic occupation of the Worldwound is growing, as is corruption among the crusaders, a dwindling minority of paladins and priests maintain that the Fourth Crusade is still vibrant and alive, and that the turning point in the war is only a few days away.

The Fourth Crusade is anything but vibrant, but the crusaders are more right than they know about the approaching turning point in the war. It’s just that the turning point is likely destined to favor the Abyss.

Spoiler: char info
    Show
    1: What game system are you running?
    Pathfinder

4: What is the characters' starting status?
    Level 1, 3 traits, no drawbacks (unless you really want to, you don't get a 4th trait)

8: By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    25 point buy

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Bink's Wrath of the Righteous OOC

Waylan and Kestros, his hawk familiar

I still need a surname and the name of frontier community he's from originally (any suggestions, Bink?), but otherwise I think he's good to go.

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Waylan hails from a small frontier community not far from Kenabres, where life is harder but the community is correspondingly stronger than in the larger cities. As one of two servants of Erastil in the region, his duties range from from healing the sick, praying for good harvests, mediating disputes between neighbors, and generally helping out with the day-to-day work of the community in any way possible. His greatest affinity has always been for hunting, though.

Waylan has always had a strong bond with animals, especially wild creatures of the forest and those less domesticated by mankind. His hunting companion, Kestros, is a hawk he raised from a chick and has trained to scout and hunt on command. The bond between them runs deeper than between trainer and beast, however, suggesting a spark of divine influence behind Kestros' fierce stare.

For as long as he can remember, Waylan has felt a peculiar affinity towards Erastil, moreso even than being a priest can explain. It's not uncommon for him to dream about visitations from Old Deadeye himself, usually in the form of a great stag or other hooved creature. Most of these dream-visitations left no specific memories for Waylan when we awoke, but his most recent dream was an exception: for the first time, the stag spoke to him with the voice of the Stag God himself. It clearly told him to go to Kenabres and join the crusaders, for events were beginning to unfold that would decide the fate of the Worldwound itself, and that his aid would be necessary for the forces of humanity to prevail. Without understanding the details, Waylan decided to trust his faith in Erastil and the truth of his vision, and packed his bags that very day to depart for the headquarters of the crusaders...

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Waylan is of average height and build, with tanned, weathered skin and a short brown beard. His outfit, a motley mixture of earth and forest tones, is that of an ordinary woodsman, and his dusty, well-worn hide armor speaks to the Erastilian virtues of simplicity and pragmatism. A well-trained hawk is never far from his shoulder, and its eyes shine with uncanny intelligence.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Waylan is a pacifist by nature, and his duties as a cleric of Old Deadeye frequently involve mediating disputes between angry neighbors. He prefers listening to speaking, and weighs his words carefully before uttering them. He would like nothing more than to be back home guiding the faithful in his community, but the Fifth Crusade and destiny have other plans for him...

EDIT: As I see it, here's what I'm thinking about in terms of my guy's responsibilities in the party:

Primary:
    - Support: buffs/heals
    - Ranged damage (archery)
    - "Wilderness" skills: survival, handle animal, ride, heal, maybe Knowledge: Nature

Secondary:
    - Battlefield control (summons, fog, walls, etc)
    - Social (diplomacy, sense motive)
    - Scouting (perception, hawk familiar, etc)

(Notable omissions: "tanking", melee damage, "rogue skills", "arcane skills", etc)

These are just mechanics, of course - I'm eager to see how Waylan fits into the overall party dynamic! Between angelic aasimars and tieflings, I think he's likely to be the peacekeeper!
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2015-09-19 at 02:19 PM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As I have mentioned in the hangouts, I will reserve my decision to play or not based on everyone else and what it looks like I can handle before next year. When I get deployed I do not expect to be able to continue, so any PC I play will need to be easily replaced.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Aurora Pelleas

Show
    Aurora is the progeny of the Pelleas family. A family whose history is inseparable from the crusades themselves. Her great grandfather, Rory Pelleas, was a member of the first crusade. His legacy, and his family’s legacy, was secured through a heroic defense of South Sarkoris that held out until reinforcements arrived from the first crusade. Since then, members of the Pelleas family have participated in each of crusades with distinction and valor.

At birth her parents, Laura and Richard, discovered that she was not quite human. Touched by the heavens themselves, Aurora was an Aasimar. With proof of celestial lineage, the Pelleas family celebrated Aurora’s coming as a reward for their devotion to the cause of the crusades and Iomedae.

Expectations from her parents ran high, and Aurora never disappointed. Throughout her Paladin training she excelled at everything. Never failing a trial, Aurora completed her training in record time. Hoping to surprise her father with her early graduation on [Holy Day], Aurora has returned to Kenebres ready to pick up the mantle of the Pelleas family.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Aurora is quite tall, and her slight build hides the fact that she is in incredible physical shape. Her armor is shined and new, both a sign of her inexperience and her attention to detail. A cold iron sword rests at her hip, ready to draw at a moments notice. Alongside that are various holsters and straps holding her shield, a Lucern Hammer, and a series of small metal disks.

Except for the slight glow in her eyes and her naturally gold hair, Aurora can come across almost human. Though, the more perceptive people will immediately recognize such traits as an Aasimar.

In battle though, there can be no doubt. Her skin turns white and acquires a pattern that looks like marble. Her eyes glow a burning yellow that is reminiscent of the sun. Her hair seems to come alive, as if it were trying to emulate the rays of the sun itself.

Show
    With a magnetic personality combined with a surety of cause, Aurora tends to take the lead in any group. Ever humble, she goes goes out of her way to downplay her own abilities. However, this never reaches the level of self-deprecation. People just feel better about themselves when she is around. Her warm smile and genuine heart are infectious.

In combat though, her warm personality turns into a holy fire of vengeance. Its as if the wrath of the heavens themselves is trying to channel itself through her. She engages in combat with the surety of a being whom has the full backing of the righteousness of Iomedae.

Obviously will be a frontline combatant with the sword and shield. Out of combat she will be able to help with healing, diplomacy, and knowledge (planes) checks.

And while she will be at first nontrusting of the Tieflings, she is still a Paladin and believes in good intentions. They could quite easily prove themselves to her.
    Last edited by Untarr; 2015-09-17 at 06:53 AM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll be playing Thyxius Koszer, the tiefling investigator. His sheet is here.

Show
    Thyxius was born to a human mother and a tiefling father. His mother, Ysabel, was a wizard of some power and renown in Mendev. She fell in love with his father, Zarin, during the First Mendevian Crusade when he joined her party of crusaders acting as its scout during their missions in the Worldwound region. Eventually, the two settled in Kenabres after the crusade's conclusion and started a family with Zarin some years later. Both parents were hopeful that their son would follow in their footsteps and become a hero of the crusades, but Ysabel was especially disappointed when he turned out to be a layabout and delinquent when it came to her lessons in magic. Worried that his aloofness would be indicative of the general morale his entire generation, Ysabel took it upon herself in her twilight years to delve once more unto the breach of the Worldwound during the Third Mendevian Crusade. Alas, this campaign proved to be disastrous both overall and for her, as she was slain during her excursion there. Little did she know, Thyxius' delinquency had taught him much of his father's scouting skills as a matter of course, which he put to use to run away from home and follow his mother on her final expedition. Sadly, the boy was forced to bear witness to his mother and her party's slaughter at the hands and other ghastly appendages of a cabal of powerful cultists allied with the demons, as he hid nearby unable to do anything to affect the outcome of the battle. He did manage to recover the charred and mostly ruined remains of his mother's spellbook, but the point seemed moot at the time. Stranded behind enemy lines, Thyxius would surely have died if not for a chance encounter with a mysterious, beautiful woman whose skill with a bow Thyxius has not seen anyone rival since. He returned home to his father in tears with her help, and ever since then has devoted himself to learning what he can of both his parent's skills to honor their legacies as part of the crusades. Only having recently become an adult and completed his training, Thyxius has opted to apply what remains of his mother's magical research to the field of bottled wizardy, alchemy. He hopes to one day discover a way to distill the most advanced magics into their physical forms as the ultimate tribute to his mother's accomplishments, despite the fact that this is a feat that has eluded every alchemist in history of Golarion. He remains confident that the answers to the reality bending and unnatural processes required for such a feat can be found at the Worldwound if they exist at all.

Spoiler: Physical Description
    Show
    While clearly physically a descendant of his father's fiendish heritage, Thyxius more resembles his mother. He inherited her relatively weak and slight frame and parts of her visually pleasing face. Alongside his fiendish manifestations, including a broad tail that tapers to a fine, whip-like point and a pair of upright draconic horns, he has a mixture of facial features and affectations equally suited to striking terror as to charming onlookers. His skin more closely resembles the red flames of the lower planes seen in his father's own skin, but some peachiness has mixed its way in from his human heritage, dulling that intense scarlet to a dusky rose color instead.

Show
    Thyxius possesses a brilliant mind that some have said is squandered on the "lesser" magical art of alchemy and ruined by his relatively late initiation into arcane study. These critics do not understand that his delinquency as a child was mostly due to the feeling of not being challenged by the more traditional schools of arcane might. Alchemy is as important a challenge in his mind as the demons he helps fend off on the battlefield. He seems to have inherited his mother's penchant for rash, overdramatic decisions, but he has applied his vast intelligence after enough near-death fiascoes to leave strategic decisions to those with greater wisdom or intuition than himself. Despite his poor decision making, Thyxius is usually considered a competent conversationalist, and he tries to keep himself and his companions in good humor and spirits as much as is appropriate.

Wealth: (3d6)[12] x 10 = 120 gp

Edit: In light of some of the other character's decisions and the implementing of the Background Skills system, I updated my sheet a bit. I now have a rank of Linguistics and Heal, as well as the Precise Treatment trait to add my Intelligence to Heal checks instead of Wisdom. I also added some more personal details.
    Last edited by Amazo; 2015-09-21 at 10:31 AM.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Here goes nothin'?

(1d100)[27]

Edit: Ick. Speak 2 extraplanar languages? I mean, given 2 tieflings and 1 Aasimar (Darkvision) it sounds like having another charge of Darkness for the group to spring on unsuspecting enemies would be way more useful than a low-charisma character being able to talk to more extraplanar things. I think I'll stick with the Darkness.
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2015-09-17 at 09:13 PM.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    Here goes nothin'?

[roll0]

Edit: Ick. Speak 2 extraplanar languages? I mean, given 2 tieflings and 1 Aasimar (Darkvision) it sounds like having another charge of Darkness for the group to spring on unsuspecting enemies would be way more useful than a low-charisma character being able to talk to more extraplanar things. I think I'll stick with the Darkness.
    If you're going by the feat text, you get to roll 3 times and choose the most favorable result.
    Last edited by Amazo; 2015-09-18 at 05:00 AM.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

(5d6)[19] For the Gold
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Amazo View Post
    If you're going by the feat text, you get to roll 3 times and choose the most favorable result.
    Well, per the hangout chat, DM was gonna let me roll once and contemplate giving up the SLA for whatever it was. I *could* also take the feat, but I don't think I care that much. Darkness is good with 3 Darkvision charactders in the party anyway. :D

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Two more d%s:

(1d100)[12]
    (1d100)[83]

11. - Top - End - #11

NecromancerGuy

Alright, I still need gear (and fluff), but Filburn Crow is otherwise mechanically complete.

The intention is to be a very martially-oriented support character. As an Arcane Duelist Bard I lack most of the skill-oriented features of the class. In exchange I get some martial feats and other adjusted class features.

If I understand the logic of the campaign traits, I am headed to the Archmage Mythic path...? I don't actually see that being Filburn's likeliest path at all, but I suppose we can see where things go.

While I have training in Bluff, Intimidate, and Sense Motive, those are all intended to be used in combat-related contexts only. My Charisma will be only 12 at first, so I am not planning to be the party face.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Name, gear, fluff, and non-campaign traights TBD but the broad sketches should be complete: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=562872

Thoughts appreciated!

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    Name, gear, fluff, and non-campaign traights TBD but the broad sketches should be complete: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=562872

Thoughts appreciated!
    As far as I knew, you needed the Dervish Dance feat to be able to use Dexterity for melee attack rolls with a scimitar, since it's a one-handed weapon.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Amazo View Post
    As far as I knew, you needed the Dervish Dance feat to be able to use Dexterity for melee attack rolls with a scimitar, since it's a one-handed weapon.
    I believe FarmerBink is houseruling that Finesse can apply to scimitars without the feat (since feat taxes are lame).

Also, rolling for $$$: max((4d6)[12] x 10, 140) = 140

@JWallyR, I would suggest having a higher CON score since you're going to be a frontliner - 12 is ok, 14 would be better. AoEs like Fireball, etc don't care how high your AC is, so HP is still important!
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2015-09-20 at 10:30 AM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I guess if I were to dump Str 1 mod's worth I could get another mod's worth of Con? Going Kensai makes an awful lot of stuff dependent on Int and Dex, and having less than where I am on either of those is dicey. I've been trying not to really and truly dump Cha, even though I 1) never plan to invest in things (other than UMD for just-in-case and having lots of skill points to spread around) that use Cha 2) I don't expect it to matter.

Guess it feels a little exploit-y.

Regardless, rolling for monies: (4d6)[17] x10 or 140, whichever is better

Edit: P.S. MuffinMan is correct. Dervish Dance requires Weapon Finesse, although Weapon Finesse doesn't apply to Scimitars, which are the *only* kind of weapon to which Dervish Dance applies. AKA RAW, it's a pure feat tax with no benefit unless you use some other weapon until you get a second feat, and then dump the original weapon. Grabbing Slashing Grace instead of Dervish Dance, since it doesn't require 2 ranks in Perform (Dance), which made sense for my other magus but not for this one.
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2015-09-20 at 02:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

OK. For the sake of fair warning, these are the coming upgrades to your campaign traits.

Chance Encounter (Trickster): The PC gains a +2
    trait bonus on Ref lex saves. By expending one use of
    mythic power, the PC can take 20 on an Acrobatics, Bluff,
    Disguise, Sleight of Hand, or Stealth check without an
    increase in the time required to make the check. The
    mysterious woman the PC encountered was in fact -mysterious woman-. This
    PC will have a special bond with -spoilers, yo!-

Child of the Crusades (Marshal): The PC gains a +2
    trait bonus on Will saves. Whenever he successfully
    saves against a mind-affecting effect from a demon,
    as an immediate action the PC can expend one use of
    mythic power to cause the demon to become staggered
    for a number of rounds equal to the PC’s mythic tier.
    The demon can reduce this effect to 1 round by making
    a successful Will save (DC = 10 + the PCs’ mythic tier +
    the PC’s Charisma modifier). The PC will learn about -spoilers, yo!-

Exposed to Awfulness (Guardian): The PC gains +3 hit
    points per level. When she is reduced to negative hit points
    by an attack or effect from a demon, as an immediate action
    the PC can expend one use of mythic power to heal damage
    equal to 2d6 + twice her mythic tier. This healing occurs
    after the damage is done—if the damage is enough to kill
    the PC, she cannot activate this ability. The PC will discover
    the reason -spoilers, yo!-

Riftwarden Orphan (Archmage): The PC gains a +4
    trait bonus on caster level checks to penetrate a demon’s
    spell resistance. Once per day, he can recharge a charged
    magic item by expending one use of mythic power. Doing
    so adds a number of charges equal to 1d10 + his mythic
    tier to the item, up to its normal maximum number
    of charges. The PC will learn -spoilers, yo!-

Stolen Fury (Champion): The PC gains a +2 trait bonus
    on Fortitude saves. By expending one use of mythic
    power as a swift action, she can ignore a single demon’s
    damage reduction for 1 minute, and increases the critical
    multiplier of any weapon she wields against that demon
    by 1. The PC will learn the true purpose of -spoilers, yo!-

Touched by Divinity (Hierophant): The PC can select a
    second domain granted by his affiliated deity. He can use
    the 1st-level spells of both domains as spell-like abilities
    a number of times per day each equal to his mythic tier.
    By expending one use of mythic power, he may use any
    of these two domains’ spells as a spell-like ability, but
    may only use spells of a level equal to or less than his
    mythic tier. The PC will discover that he is -spoilers, yo!-

Please take the decision of which trait you've chosen and which mythic path you chose to pursue very seriously. As is implied by the last sentence of each campaign trait entry, the significance of these traits only increases as the campaign develops. If you're not sure about the trait or the mythic path, please talk to me. We can make some adjustments so that it will fit well, if it's necessary.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Obviously, those all sound pretty awesome. Also probably obviously, my magus only has particular interest in either the Archmage or the Champion bonuses. Less obvious (to me, anyway) would be which of those sound more useful for a magus fighting demons. An increase on the crit multiplier could be a big damage bonus when using magus spells to boost damage, but I don't really know how spell resistance works, or if that's what demons typically have (as referenced in the description of demons provided as an example in the player's guide). I'm hesitant to go research types of "common" demons in order to form an informed opinion because spoilers, yo.

Anybody have a suggestion?

18. - Top - End - #18

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Riftwarden Orphan (Archmage): The PC gains a +4
    trait bonus on caster level checks to penetrate a demon’s
    spell resistance. Once per day, he can recharge a charged
    magic item by expending one use of mythic power. Doing
    so adds a number of charges equal to 1d10 + his mythic
    tier to the item, up to its normal maximum number
    of charges. The PC will learn -spoilers, yo!-

Stolen Fury (Champion): The PC gains a +2 trait bonus
    on Fortitude saves. By expending one use of mythic
    power as a swift action, she can ignore a single demon’s
    damage reduction for 1 minute, and increases the critical
    multiplier of any weapon she wields against that demon
    by 1. The PC will learn the true purpose of -spoilers, yo!-
    So...I want the fluff for the Riftwarden Orphan trait, but the Champion Mythic Path. I wouldn't mind the mechanics of the Stolen Fury (eventually), but I don't mind the mechanics of the Riftwarden Orphan. Is there a reason to tie the Mythic Path to the trait? And what is this I hear about having a mix of two mythic paths?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a mythic feat called Dual Path. It lets you take path abilities from two different paths. So, I'm taking it so I can go down the Marshal Path, but have access to the abilities of Champion.
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythi...al-path-mythic
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    So...I want the fluff for the Riftwarden Orphan trait, but the Champion Mythic Path. I wouldn't mind the mechanics of the Stolen Fury (eventually), but I don't mind the mechanics of the Riftwarden Orphan. Is there a reason to tie the Mythic Path to the trait? And what is this I hear about having a mix of two mythic paths?
    I don't know why the traits are tied to the mythic paths, frankly. I'm... torn regarding a decision to change that, however. I will tentatively allow the separation of campaign traits from the mythic path they reference.

However, I do want to stress the part about each campaign trait either being unique or doing what the player's guide suggests if any two of you really want the same trait.

21. - Top - End - #21

NecromancerGuy

I will do more reading on the Mythic Paths, Mythic rules, and such as the games develops. To my knowledge no one else has expressed interest in the Riftwarden Orphan trait, so I will stick with it given the allowance to take a different Mythic Path.

22. - Top - End - #22

NecromancerGuy

Fortitude save as requested - (1d20+3)[16]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d20+5)[9] Fortitude Save.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Saves are definitely my strong suit.

(1d20+1)[11]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Waylan: (1d20+2)[13]
    Morevek: (1d20+3)[19]

(1d20)[4]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

FWIW, Morevek has a point in Knowledge (Dungeoneering). So just in case it matters for some reason: (1d20+8)[17]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

(1d2)[1]
    1 is SE
    2 is NE
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So... who took which scale? which one is left over for Morevek? >_> Grace and Retribution are the only ones that look particularly valuable to him, and John called dibs on Grace?

Edit 1: So... protection? I guess at least Morevek has lots of Agi for ranged attacks with absorbed damage? Meh.

Edit 2: So are we not in combat with the spider? What else would we be waiting on? Not sure there's something for non-wordy Morevek to say/do just yet.
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2015-09-30 at 11:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

At the risk of sounding self-important, maybe we're waiting for the party Pokedex to give a reading. If that's the case, here's a Perception check to examine the spider for identifying marks ((1d20+4)[12]) and a Knowledge (nature or dungeoneering) check (I have the same modifier for both but am unsure which applies here) ([roll]1d20+9[/roll|)!

30. - Top - End - #30

Let's try that knowledge check for real.

(1d20+9)[12]