New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 231
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread



    In the kingdom of Talingarde, many crimes may send you to Branderscar Prison, but the sentence has but one meaning. You are wicked and irredeemable. Each of you received the same greeting when you arrived. You were held down by rough hands and branded upon the arm with a runic F. The mark signifies ‘forsaken’ and the painful scar is indelible proof that each of you has betrayed the great and eternal love of Mitra and his chosen mortal vassals. The burn of this truth to some of you is nearly as mortifying as the aloofness with which the guards and their Sergeant, Tomas Blackerly, eagerly dealt you the pain. Something about the act seemed to bring out the worst in them, or perhaps something about the prison, or the liquor you could smell on their breath.

    Condemned, you face at best a life of shackles and servitude in the nearby salt mines. Others might await the “gentle” ministrations of the inquisitors so that co-conspirators may be revealed and confessions extracted. Perhaps, some of you will be spared this ordeal. Perhaps instead you have come to Branderscar to face the final judgment. In three days, the executioner arrives and the axe falls or the pyre will be lit. Through fire or steel, your crimes will be answered.

    You have all been chained together in the same communal cell dressed in nothing but filthy, tattered rags. Manhandled and mistreated, any finery you once possessed is either ruined or long lost. No special treatment has been given any prisoner – male or female, commoner or noble – all of the forsaken are bound and imprisoned together. Your feet are secured by iron cuffs tethered by one long chain. Your arms are secured to the wall above by manacles. A guard is posted right outside the cell day and night. Little thought is given to long term accommodations. At Branderscar, justice comes swift and sure.

    Escape seems hopeless. You have all been well searched and every attempt to conceal anything on your person has failed. And if you could somehow slip your bonds and fly out of this prison, where would you go? Who from your former life would want anything to do with the forsaken? Despised, alone and shackled – all that you can do now is await your doom.

    For each of you, your old life is over. For each of you, hope is a fading memory. For each of you, justice will be fairly meted. And who can blame fair Talingarde after what each of you has done?

    The cell you are in is lined with iron bars from the ceiling to the floor, about 15 feet by 30 feet. On the wall to your left, a single torch cast light across the rest of the room. To your right is a stone wall ending in a large door of iron bars. Behind them looms a giant creature that eyes you with contempt, but who otherwise remains silent.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Amazo; 2015-09-16 at 10:31 AM.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    With intermittent growls and the occasional feral spit, Oghash sits with her head bowed and her hands opening and closing continuously as if she were barely controlling some pool of rage and holding it at bay. The look of the ogre-like creature across the way seems not to affect her, though the periodic passage of the guards causes her to appear to visibly strain - not against her chains, but against herself as her hands seem to reach out towards the men with murderous intent. From the looks of the corded muscles in her arms and back, her self control may be the only thing keeping her restrained, since the chains look woefully inadequate to hold her should she make an effort.

    Otherwise, she remains content to mumble prayers to Asmodeus in the feral tongue of the orcs, finding the guttural sounds to be more fitting of her emotions at the moment and unconcerned with speaking to the other prisoners, yet.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    In the silence, the woman at the end of the line looks around the cell, eyes intent and focused. Her dark pupils seem to suck away what little light is given off by the torch. Her jet black hair shifts occasionally revealing pointed ears. An elf.

    Her slender wrists barely fill out the manacles. Every once in a while she scratches her left hand absently. A flicker of the torch reveals a blood red "W" burned onto it.

    Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show
    If it is possible to take 20, I'd like to do that for a 24 Perception check.

    If not

    (1d20+4)[6] for Perception Check


    "Talking to Asmodeus huh?" she finally speaks during a break in the half-orc's prayers. Her voice is dry, lifeless. "He ever say anything back?"
    Last edited by Untarr; 2015-09-16 at 06:04 PM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show
    If it is possible to take 20, I'd like to do that for a 24 Perception check.

    If not

    [roll0] for Perception Check
    Yen's elven senses are sharp enough to pick up the conversation the guards outside the cell block are having. She overhears the following exchange:

    “That Blackerly is a damned thief! That game was rigged last night!”

    “If it’s rigged, why do you keep going back to the gatehouse then?”

    “The beer’s passable.”

    A laugh is heard. “Drinkin’ on duty! Damn, this place has gone to hell. Captain Callidan would have never tolerated that crap. That’s for sure!”

    “Captain Callidan … he left, what? Two years ago?”

    “Almost three and since then the place has been straight down the ****ter. That old wizard never leaves his tower. He stays up there reading his books and petting his owl!”

    “Petting his owl? Is that what they call it these days?” The guards enjoy a bit of a laugh before standing quietly for a while longer.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Otherwise, she remains content to mumble prayers to Asmodeus in the feral tongue of the orcs....
    "My, my, that language is foul," Erodel mutters. When his sudden speech draws the contemptuous eye of the ogre, he raises an eyebrow over his blackened eye- surrendering has never come easy to Erodel. "What are you lookin' at, ugly? My men would have played ring around the rosie with your left hand with half the chance." He spits in the brute's general direction. Otherwise, he seems content to stand for the three days between his current state and the forcible removal of his head from his shoulders.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KevSaund's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Tritter raises his eyes and turns as much as he can first to the left, then to the right. After taking stock of the situation, it becomes clear to him that he must be the one to broach the delicate subject. "Alright. We are finally left alone. I suspect that I am not the only one wishing to relieve myself of these confines. Since it appears that most of you are resigned to your fate, it falls onto my very capable shoulders to arrange for our departure. However to accomplish my goal, I need information. The orc here seems strong enough, and I am clearly smart enough to put her to use, but I must know what other resources I have at my disposal. I shall make my queries brief: who are you and what can you do for me?"

    It does not occur to Tritter to introduce himself to the others, as he already knows what he is capable of.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    "My, my, that language is foul," Erodel mutters. When his sudden speech draws the contemptuous eye of the ogre, he raises an eyebrow over his blackened eye- surrendering has never come easy to Erodel. "What are you lookin' at, ugly? My men would have played ring around the rosie with your left hand with half the chance."
    "The language is that of the Orcs. Its owner seems to be a follower of Asmodeus. Pray that she retains more control over her body than you do with your tongue. I do not wish to be locked in here when she loses control."

    Quote Originally Posted by KevSaund View Post
    Tritter raises his eyes and turns as much as he can first to the left, then to the right. After taking stock of the situation, it becomes clear to him that he must be the one to broach the delicate subject. "Alright. We are finally left alone. I suspect that I am not the only one wishing to relieve myself of these confines. Since it appears that most of you are resigned to your fate, it falls onto my very capable shoulders to arrange for our departure. However to accomplish my goal, I need information. The orc here seems strong enough, and I am clearly smart enough to put her to use, but I must know what other resources I have at my disposal. I shall make my queries brief: who are you and what can you do for me?"
    "Do not mistake silence with compliance." the elf woman says sharply. The air around her seems to dim for a moment before returning to normal.

    Her voice smoothes out.
    "But it is useless to bicker. We all die in three days, and I do not intend after 140 years of life to go quietly to the pyre. I was using the silence to listen to the guards speak. This prison is not the tight run ship the citizens believe it to be. Liquor in the branding room, and beer while on watch. A warden too interested in his own research to bother to police his own men. These are the tools you are looking for, yes? Cracks in the wall of this place. Wrinkles that those with the intelligence to see and the will to exploit can use to their advantage." The elf woman turns her head down the row, looking over the dwarf towards the man who just spoke.

    "I am Yen. A witch. I have the ability to cast a limited number of spells. The ones you are interested in would be the own that can produce a mist that will obscure sight. One that would cause the staunchest guard to run in fear. And finally, one that will turn anyone in here into my friend for an hour. However, I can do none of this while my hands are chained." Yen emphasizes her situation by clinking her hand manacles against the wall behind her.

    "And while I am sure you are considerably capable of inventing a plan. A man of your talent knows that to optimize we must know what you can do as well. Do not let pride lead to the headsmen's block."
    Last edited by Untarr; 2015-09-17 at 05:10 AM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    "Talking to Asmodeus huh? He ever say anything back?"
    Oghash looks at the elf witch with dark, brooding eyes. Nearly in time with her prayers she replies, in a voice like that of a caged animal, "I am not yet dead, and neither are all of you. That is answer enough for now." When she returns to her litany in orcish it seems more punctuated than before, demanding the power to refrain from chaos and the skill to channel her anger to further the Archfiend's goals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    "My, my, that language is foul,"
    The grin this elicits from Oghash is filled with malicious glee at the impact her prayers seem to be having on those around her.

    Quote Originally Posted by KevSaund View Post
    "The orc here seems strong enough..."
    At the word 'orc' Oghash stops her chanting. Once the human is done speaking she stands as tall as she can in the chains holding her and turns her hate-filled gaze at the man. Her well-spoken common is suddenly deathly quiet as the muscles in her body twitch violently: "Do not ever call me an orc again. My blood is not my own, but should you do so I swear by the Ruby Rod of the Lord of Hell that I will rip your head from your shoulders and drink the blood that flows from your veins." She then sits back down, returning to the string of vile invectives that passes for her prayers and periodically glaring at the investigator with barely restrained fury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    "Pray that she retains more control over her body than you do with your tongue. I do not wish to be locked in here when she loses control."
    "Oh, we won't be locked in here long if I do lose control. Just direct your efforts to our captors and you will risk little from me," Oghash replies, looking at the door between the guards and them with undisguised desire.

    Licking her lips as if hungry, she looks at the massive humanoid across from their cell. "You have the look of one with great strength too. Why do you remain behind those bars? I see no chains around your wrists or ankles - what restrains you?"

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Licking her lips as if hungry, she looks at the massive humanoid across from their cell. "You have the look of one with great strength too. Why do you remain behind those bars? I see no chains around your wrists or ankles - what restrains you?"
    The bestial snarl that the huge creature lets loose is nearly enough to mark him as a kindred spirit in Oghash's blood. Still, he does answer the question, surprisingly enough in relatively unblemished Common, with a growling grouse of a voice, "The little 'uns don't fight fair. Some poisonous weed they lace my food with saps my strength."
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Oghash looks at the elf witch with dark, brooding eyes. Nearly in time with her prayers she replies, in a voice like that of a caged animal, "I am not yet dead, and neither are all of you. That is answer enough for now."
    Yen nods with a smile before resting it against the wall. Staring upwards, her eyes squint briefly before a light hearted laugh escapes her throat. "Yes, I suppose you are right. How delightfully simple yet profound."


    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "Do not ever call me an orc again. My blood is not my own, but should you do so I swear by the Ruby Rod of the Lord of Hell that I will rip your head from your shoulders and drink the blood that flows from your veins."

    "Oh, we won't be locked in here long if I do lose control. Just direct your efforts to our captors and you will risk little from me," Oghash replies, looking at the door between the guards and them with undisguised desire.
    Yen's eyes grow dark as the "orc" threatens to do exactly what she feared it would. "Right. Let us focus our efforts outwards shall we? Is anyone capable of getting free of their restraints at this moment? Do not actually attempt to do so. If you don't know, then you probably can't."

    The little 'uns don't fight fair. Some poisonous weed they lace my food with saps my strength.
    Spoiler: Knowledge Nature
    Show
    (1d20+9)[24] to recall what type of weed it would be.
    or
    (1d20+3)[18] Untrained Heal check.
    Last edited by Untarr; 2015-09-17 at 12:34 PM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KevSaund View Post
    "who are you and what can you do for me?"
    Erodel snorts. "You appear to be quite captured, for all your capabilities." He chuckles at his own ruse for a moment before acquiescing to the request- mostly out of boredom. "Find me a bow and I'll show you what I can do for you. Hell, find me anything lighter than her- he nods in the direction of the angry half-orc- and I'll like as not bludgeon any three or less of those cowards to death with it." After a moment his lips curl into a smile that doesn't reach his eyes.

    "I make no promises against five."

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    "The language is that of the Orcs. Its owner seems to be a follower of Asmodeus. Pray that she retains more control over her body than you do with your tongue. I do not wish to be locked in here when she loses control."
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    The grin this elicits from Oghash is filled with malicious glee at the impact her prayers seem to be having on those around her.
    "Oh, I'm well aware." Erodel lets out a few choice curses in the Orcish tongue. "It was a compliment."

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    "And finally, one that will turn anyone in here into my friend for an hour." Yen emphasizes her situation by clinking her hand manacles against the wall behind her.
    Erodel smirks and interrupts the Elf woman. "You need magic to make friends for an hour? I've found a few rounds of ale will do the trick- perhaps last longer, too."

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "should you do so I swear by the Ruby Rod of the Lord of Hell that I will rip your head from your shoulders and drink the blood that flows from your veins."
    "Tou-cheeee...."

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazo View Post
    "The little 'uns don't fight fair."
    Erodel snorts again. "You could say that again."

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    KevSaund's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    At the word 'orc' Oghash stops her chanting. Once the human is done speaking she stands as tall as she can in the chains holding her and turns her hate-filled gaze at the man. Her well-spoken common is suddenly deathly quiet as the muscles in her body twitch violently: "Do not ever call me an orc again. My blood is not my own, but should you do so I swear by the Ruby Rod of the Lord of Hell that I will rip your head from your shoulders and drink the blood that flows from your veins." She then sits back down, returning to the string of vile invectives that passes for her prayers and periodically glaring at the investigator with barely restrained fury."
    At the outburst, Tritter takes a moment. "In that case you are not an orc. I simply assumed that based on your language. What would you prefer I call you? In any case I meant to pay you a compliment, which you chose to ignore."

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    "[COLOR="#A9A9A9"]
    "And while I am sure you are considerably capable of inventing a plan. A man of your talent knows that to optimize we must know what you can do as well. Do not let pride lead to the headsmen's block."
    Tritter responds to the elf. "You are right, I spoke in haste. My apologies for not introducing myself, I am Tritter Worth. You may not know my name yet, but eventually you will repeat it with pride. I have numerous skills, most of which stem from my staggering intellect. I also dabble in the arcane arts, although without any of that pesky hand waving and chanting. He throws a glance toward Oghash. Instead I use reason to bottle my power and save it for later. I am also not unfamiliar with a blade, but find none at hand. I am smart enough to know my limitations, and smart enough to know none of you wish to meet your fate in this cell. We are already chained together, let us not hang together."

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by KevSaund View Post
    Tritter raises his eyes and turns as much as he can first to the left, then to the right. After taking stock of the situation, it becomes clear to him that he must be the one to broach the delicate subject. "Alright. We are finally left alone. I suspect that I am not the only one wishing to relieve myself of these confines. Since it appears that most of you are resigned to your fate, it falls onto my very capable shoulders to arrange for our departure. However to accomplish my goal, I need information. The orc here seems strong enough, and I am clearly smart enough to put her to use, but I must know what other resources I have at my disposal. I shall make my queries brief: who are you and what can you do for me?"

    It does not occur to Tritter to introduce himself to the others, as he already knows what he is capable of.

    Name's Sylar. I get dirt and stone and stuff. I can throw rocks pretty hard and far. And I can find stuff in the ground... O and I can move loose stuff with my mind. He pauses for a second looking around the room for anything unusual. I'll do what I can to get out. But don't expect me to stick around. I don't like you. He says that last part to no one in particular, still scanning the room for whatever may catch his eye.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    General Perception (1d20+6)[13]
    Use Basic Geokinesis Sift for anything that might be hidden within 30ft. (1d20+1)[20]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Spoiler: Forgot to roll..
    Show
    Knowledge Dungeoneering for anything my character would recognize as helpful about the design/location of the room.
    (1d20+4)[13]

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    Spoiler: Knowledge Nature
    Show
    [roll0] to recall what type of weed it would be.
    or
    [roll1] Untrained Heal check.
    The beastly man is probably being derogatory when he refers to whatever plant he means as a weed, but it's difficult to tell precisely what he would mean without observing the thing directly. Still, given her knowledge of the region's more common plant life as well as the local climate's effects on it, it seems likely that the guards would be using nightshade to poison the brute. It is easy to grow, so it would be an attractive choice to guards that seem to take no qualms with cutting as many corners as possible, and it is relatively tasteless in food, so their prisoner would not suspect the poisoning until after its effects take hold.

    Additionally, whether through pride or him strictly answering the question posed to him, the brutish man has omitted that the guards seem to have brutalized him. His exposed skin is covered almost completely with welts, bumps, and ugly bruises, many of which seem to be fresh or still healing. Either he was a relatively recent capture himself, or the guards make a habit of subduing him with their clubs.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    The beastly man is probably being derogatory when .... would be using nightshade to poison the brute. .... the brutish man has omitted that the guards seem to have brutalized him. His exposed skin is covered almost completely with welts, bumps, and ugly bruises....
    "They are likely feeding him nightshade. Though such knowledge is of relatively little use. You'd have to stop eating to get it out of your system. How long have you been here? And when did the beatings start?"

    Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    (1d20+10)[26] to improve his attitude towards her.


    "I have numerous skills, most of which stem from my staggering intellect.
    Yen nods. "Your intellect was never in doubt. You wear it on your sleeve Tritter. However, any plan is for naught if we cannot free ourselves of these constraints. I repeat, does anyone know if you are capable of removing yourself from the shackles?"
    Last edited by Untarr; 2015-09-18 at 06:22 AM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Albinobrow View Post
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    General Perception [roll0]
    Use Basic Geokinesis Sift for anything that might be hidden within 30ft. [roll1]
    Quote Originally Posted by Albinobrow View Post
    Spoiler: Forgot to roll..
    Show
    Knowledge Dungeoneering for anything my character would recognize as helpful about the design/location of the room.
    [roll0]
    Sylar's eyes are unaffected by the dim light of the room. As he scans the area and wracks his brain for anything useful, he has an epiphany. All of the guards he has seen so far have been human, meaning that unless if someone frees themselves, they would be able to hide from their sight by lurking in the shadows of the cell. That might fool them long enough to get a guard to open the door to check!

    His visual and occult inspection of the area is less fruitful. He only manages to find a few pieces of chipped stone from the recent construction of their fellow prisoner's cell. It's difficult to tell if that would be enough to hurl effectively without having his hands free to try. Other than that, he does also find that the group of prisoners is not as alone in the cell as they initially guessed: a few rats are scampering about too.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    [roll0] to improve his attitude towards her.
    The creature snorts in confusion, which he wears plainly on his face. He evidently was not expecting any more questions, especially partly sympathetic ones. "They've never stopped. I dunno how long it's been since I've seen the daylight. Months? Years? Whenever the last purge was." The Markadian purges are common knowledge, though they've grown less and less frequent as the line continues, if only because there are fewer beasts outside of the Savage North that need to be dealt with. It's been over two years since the last purge, however, as the current king cares more for grooming his daughter for her likely inheritance of his throne than leading any crusades and endangering his or his army's lives against a handful of bands of monstrous humanoids.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    "It was a compliment."
    Quote Originally Posted by KevSaund View Post
    "What would you prefer I call you? In any case I meant to pay you a compliment, which you chose to ignore."
    "Oghash. My name is Oghash," the woman says. "Keep your compliments for someone swayed by trickery - Asmodeus is lord of lies, but I care not for words..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazo View Post
    "They've never stopped. I dunno how long it's been since I've seen the daylight. Months? Years? Whenever the last purge was."
    "Would you like to see the sun again? Bathe in their screams of agony as we rip them apart? Devour their flesh in retribution?" Oghash asks the figure, a feral hunger in her eyes as she describes what must surely be her own desires. "Vengeance for the wrongs they have done in the name of their pitiful goals can give you strength - you have years of debt to collect from them."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "[COLOR="#8B4513"]"Would you like to see the sun again? Bathe in their screams of agony as we rip them apart? Devour their flesh in retribution?" Oghash asks the figure, a feral hunger in her eyes as she describes what must surely be her own desires. "Vengeance for the wrongs they have done in the name of their pitiful goals can give you strength - you have years of debt to collect from them."
    "I don't think of nothin' else anymore, but it's no good to us trapped in here. Do any of you lot have a plan to go with that yammerin'? He seems morose at this, as if he misses inflicting violence or his people that much. It's hard to tell which exactly.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DwarfBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    You know, it's pretty dark in here. Humans are useless in the dark. If anyone can get free, they could hide in the shadowy parts. Maybe thatll get the guards to open a door or something.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Erodel shrugs, answering both Yen and the ogre's questions. "If I had a plan, I wouldn't be stuck in here. I'll be thrilled to take any chance I can get to rough 'em up, but that's about as far as I'd considered."

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Waiting for the next time a guard comes in, Yen begins weeping horribly.

    "Ser. Ser. You must take me to a priest right away. Though I go to the pyre for my wickedness, I acknowledge now that what I have done is wrong and wish to repent my sins. I have been an awful person, one not deserving of your kindness. But, if you could grant me this one boon, my soul may be saved through the light of Mitra for eternity!"

    Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show

    (1d20+10)[12] Bluff
    (1d20+10)[14] Diplomacy
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Oghash watches the elven witch try and fool the guards without any sign of what she is thinking, though she does cease her monotonous prayers for a moment to watch.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show

    (1d20+7)[16] Bluff
    [roll1] Diplomacy
    Yen's plea does cause the guard to take pause, but he sees the ruse for what it is. He scolds her as though he were a knowing parent speaking to a child, "Now, now, lying and using the Bright Lord's name to do it? It's no wonder that he and Talingarde have branded that F onto your arm!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+7)[16]
    Last edited by Amazo; 2015-09-21 at 05:27 AM.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Yen's face nearly instantly goes cold. Her black eyes seem to get darker, and the air around her seems to dim. You think you hear whispers, but its not a voice you recognize and you cannot quite catch the words.

    Through clenched teeth, Yen responds to the guard.

    "They also put a W on my arm, boy. And when we get out of here, you'll learn the extent of just what that means."
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    Yen's face nearly instantly goes cold. Her black eyes seem to get darker, and the air around her seems to dim. You think you hear whispers, but its not a voice you recognize and you cannot quite catch the words.

    Through clenched teeth, Yen responds to the guard.

    "They also put a W on my arm, boy. And when we get out of here, you'll learn the extent of just what that means."
    Both the guard and the ogre seem cowed by even that subtle display of arcane power. The guard yammers something inaudible under his breathe in retort, hurriedly finishes his rounds, biting his thumb at the ogre in the process, and rushes back to his post outside of the room. Almost the instant the door closes, the guard exclaims in that same bumbling stutter of a voice, "S-sergeant Blackerly! What are you doing here!?"

    The response is authoritative, but, having seen the man for yourselves, not respectably so, "Never you mind that if you want in for tonight's draw. It seems like one of these criminals had a lover of some importance. She's been granted an audience to say goodbye, so open this door up so we can get it over with."

    With that, the door opens up once more and a group of six armed and armored men come into the cell block, led by the fat Blackerly himself. The memory of his insulting cackling at each of your brandings springs forth in some of the group's minds. Right now, though, he seems a bit dazed, as if the oil in his hair has left a sheen over his eyes that has failed to lubricate the wheels in his brain. Still, he manages to point a finger at Yen and gruffly spout, "“You there! That’s the scum!
    Get ‘er unshackled. If any of you makes trouble, they’ll earn a thrashing! Today’s your lucky day, scum. You’ve got a visitor. How you ever warranted such a fine lady is beyond me. Seems she wants to say good-bye. Now step lively. We wouldn’t want to keep her waiting.”

    The intimidated guardsmen from earlier visibly swallows a frightened protest as Blackerly shoves him towards the cell door, fumbling with the keys in his hands. He lets the group of five enter the cell ahead of them, each brandishing a cruel club padded with leather, silently acknowledging their superior's threat for a beating. The final guard finally enters after them to unshackle the chains binding Yen's wrists and ankles.

    Spoiler: Sergeant Thomas Blackerly
    Show
    Last edited by Amazo; 2015-09-21 at 10:10 AM.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Yen's eyes widen briefly before turning her head to Oghash.

    Spoiler: Orc
    Show
    Don't.


    "Whom I love and whom loves me is none of your business Sergeant. I am full of surprises."

    Yen offers her shackled feet to the guards. After being unshackled she moves with poise towards the cell entrance at the behest of the men. Standing in the middle of them, it doesn't seem like she is their prisoner and they are her wardens. Her demeanor is that of a Noble being escorted by her subjects.

    As she exits the cell, she looks over at the guard who called her out. Saying nothing, her face draws itself into a wicked grin before continuing her march.
    Last edited by Untarr; 2015-09-21 at 08:10 AM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    The cadre of guards take her only a few feet out of the cell block before leading her to a room immediately to the left of the block's exit. Inside is a smaller room with a blood-stained table and two simple stools on either side. Another single torch lights this room, but the room's size casts it's entirety in the torch's light. Opposite the door sits a hauntingly beautiful woman with platinum, almost white, blonde hair. She wears an elegant black dress and a soft silken veil, as if attending a funeral. Her gorgeous face is marred only by her swollen, red eyes and the streaks of tears that stain her cheeks.

    “Oh, dearest,” proclaims the unfamiliar woman. “I’m so relieved you’re alive!” She quickly turns to Tomas. “Could we please have a moment alone, good sir? For pity’s sake?”

    Tomas goes blank for a bit and then quickly agrees with no fuss. “Of course, my lady. For you,’ tis no problem.” Turning to his men, he starts waving his arms and barking more orders for them to leave like someone herding animals into a pen. The woman watches their departure intently. As the door closes, her gaze shifts sidelong to meet Yen's, and her demeanor changes considerably. She has turned all business.

    “Have you forgotten me, dearest?” the unexpected visitor says with a smirk, dropping her pretense of grief. “Call me Tiadora. We possess a mutual friend who would like to meet you and your fellow cell-mates. Unfortunately, our friend is unwilling to visit you in your present rather shabby accommodations so it seems you must escape. Don’t be so dour. Just because it’s never been done before is no reason you can’t be the first.

    “If you manage that, cross the moors on the outskirts of town. On the old Moor Road you’ll see a manor house with a single lantern burning in the second story. There our mutual friend waits. That is all I know. He did want me to give you this.” She takes off her silken veil and wipes away a few fake tears with it.

    “Something to remember me by, dearest.” The mischief in her eyes is infectious as she waits for you to respond to her clearly-practiced spiel.

    Spoiler: Tiadora
    Show


    Spoiler: Tiadora's Veil
    Show

    The various stitchings in this depiction aren't exactly accurate to this game, but it's good enough to get an idea.
    Last edited by Amazo; 2015-09-21 at 10:13 AM.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: [PF] Talingarde Must Pay: In Character Thread

    Yen’s face lights up with joy as she enters the room. “You came for me!” she exclaims. The joy is obvious in her voice.

    “Oh, dearest,” proclaims the unfamiliar woman. “I’m so relieved you’re alive!”
    Of course I’m alive. Though, the accommodations are less than what I am used to. And the roommates are the worst company.” she says with a roll of her eyes.

    When the guards exit the room, Yen's face also goes blank.

    “Have you forgotten me, dearest?”
    I was wondering who you were. My previous lover, sweet Tariel, was a noble’s daughter. She died an old woman with quite a few grandchildren a few years back. It was a beautiful funeral.

    Yen listen's quietly to the woman's proposal. At the end, she takes the veil from the woman.

    "Deprehendere Arcanum" she says while making a sign in her right hand. A veil of shadows settles over her eyes, hiding the top half of her face completely.

    Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show

    Cast Detect Magic

    (1d20+9)[23] Knowledge Arcana or Spellcraft to tell what it is, its a 25 if its spellcraft.

    PASS - As per Hangouts Conversation, I'm posting as if I knew it.


    "A Veil of Useful Items.. Very nice." Yen activates the item and begins to examine the items inside.

    While doing so, she asks offhand "So, how many of the guards do you have charmed right now?"
    Last edited by Untarr; 2015-09-21 at 11:58 AM.
    Spoiler: Active Characters
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •