New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839
Results 1,141 to 1,152 of 1152
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dreamscarred Press - Path of War Expanded! (Thread VII)

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Looks like it, yeah. Good incentive not to dump your primary stat.
    Or to take the Judge, Soul Hunter or Vigilante archetype if you're dipping into stalker and would prefer to not boost Wis.

But IME, a stalker rarely needs deadly strike to last more than one round when triggered by a crit as per default, and could thanks to some related Stalker Arts probably get tons out deadly strike even without a positive Wis mod. Which I guess is also partly why deadly strike wasn't given the typical "minimum 1" clause.

2. - Top - End - #1142

Lizardfolk

Hoping this is within thread necro, it's only a couple weeks.
    Anyway.
    Can a Zwiehander Sentinel take TWF to fight with the Armament Shield as an off-hand weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    What legacy do we leave, after all, but those quotes that others have sigged?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jergmo View Post
    What do you do when you fight an undead that turns into a spider that's filled with spiders that turns into spiders after trapping you in magical webbing? You scream, and you never stop.
    'Prax' is fine.

Take your forklift safety seriously, kids. You'll lose, every time.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PraxisVetli View Post
    Hoping this is within thread necro, it's only a couple weeks.
    Anyway.
    Can a Zwiehander Sentinel take TWF to fight with the Armament Shield as an off-hand weapon?
    It says you can right in the ability: "The zweihander sentinel may always use her armament shield as an off-hand weapon, even if she has already attacked with her weapon in both hands."

4. - Top - End - #1144

Lizardfolk

It says you can right in the ability: "The zweihander sentinel may always use her armament shield as an off-hand weapon, even if she has already attacked with her weapon in both hands."
    My copy only says:
    Armament Shield (Ex): When wielding a one handed weapon in two hands or a two-handed weapon, the weapon is treated as a light shield for the purposes of performing a shield bash attack on an opponent. The warder smashes with the butt of a spear-haft, the pommel of a greatsword, or the broadside of her axe. All are essentially the same and are treated as light shields for the purposes of shield bash attacks or martial maneuvers to be used with a weapon of this type (such as Iron Tortoise maneuvers that require a shield to function).

It makes sense to me that taking 2wf would work, but I wanted an absolute answer.
    Last edited by PraxisVetli; 2021-01-20 at 05:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Titan in the Playground

After tracking down the discrepancy (I was using the PFSRD as a reference, but it indeed does not say so in the base Path of War PDF), it's part of the hard-to-find PoW Errata doc. (Page 7).

6. - Top - End - #1146

Lizardfolk

After tracking down the discrepancy (I was using the PFSRD as a reference, but it indeed does not say so in the base Path of War PDF), it's part of the hard-to-find PoW Errata doc. (Page 7).
    Wow, that's wonderful to have!
    Thanks for that, I didn't even know it existed!
    And it also doesn't require the armament weapon to be melee either.
    Gatling gun/bayonet/Shield Hawkguard Zwiehander Sentinel, here I come!
    What do you do when you fight an undead that turns into a spider that's filled with spiders that turns into spiders after trapping you in magical webbing? You scream, and you never stop.
    'Prax' is fine.

7. - Top - End - #1147

Wow, that's wonderful to have!
    Thanks for that, I didn't even know it existed!
    And it also doesn't require the armament weapon to be melee either.
    Gatling gun/bayonet/Shield Hawkguard Zwiehander Sentinel, here I come!
    You are incorrect, it indeed must be a melee weapon.
    When wielding a one-handed weapon in two hands or a two-handed weapon, the weapon is treated as a light shield for the purposes of performing a shield bash attack on an opponent.
    One-handed and two-handed weapons can never be anything except melee weapons. They are designations not merely of how many hands you need to use, but actual weapon categories. Bayonet yes, firearms no.
    Last edited by exelsisxax; 2021-01-22 at 12:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1148

Quote Originally Posted by exelsisxax View Post
    You are incorrect, it indeed must be a melee weapon.

One-handed and two-handed weapons can never be anything except melee weapons. They are designations not merely of how many hands you need to use, but actual weapon categories. Bayonet yes, firearms no.
    This is wrong, at least when it comes to many thrown weapons and firearms (my emphasis):

"There are two general categories of firearms: early and advanced. Firearms are further divided into one-handed, two-handed, and siege firearms. As the category’s name implies, one-handed firearms need only one hand to wield and shoot."

Likewise, for example a light throwing shield is a "light" AND a "ranged" weapon.

I understand that this is confusing, perhaps mainly because the weapon tables in the CRB lists only weapons which can be used in melee as light, one-handed and two-handed, and describes those designations as melee weapon categories, while other 1PP sources as well as many individual weapon descriptions (notably those of many thrown weapons) makes it clear those designations aren't exclusive to melee weapons, and that the "ranged" and "light/one-handed/two-handed" categories aren't mutually exclusive.

(I think for example this thread explains it pretty well in more detail.)

So in short, per RAW you can certainly use Armament Shield with for example a musket. I'd even go as far as saying the rules at the very least heavily implies you can use Armament Shield with any weapon you can use as a one- or two-handed weapon (even for example a cannon if you're larger than Medium size).

9. - Top - End - #1149

Lizardfolk

Ye I thought the ruleset there was pretty interesting, since suddenly I can use twf, ranged, and tHf all in the same weapon. It should, in theory at least, give me a lot of coverage and utility. If I can find a way to get reach out of it without having to dump into Piercing Thunder, then I think that might actually cover every martial focal point in one build!
    'Prax' is fine.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Ye I thought the ruleset there was pretty interesting, since suddenly I can use twf, ranged, and tHf all in the same weapon. It should, in theory at least, give me a lot of coverage and utility. If I can find a way to get reach out of it without having to dump into Piercing Thunder, then I think that might actually cover every martial focal point in one build!
    Why would you need Reach when you're using a ranged weapon? That's what Snap Shot is for.

11. - Top - End - #1151

Lizardfolk

Why would you need Reach when you're using a ranged weapon? That's what Snap Shot is for.
    Do I need that if I have Hawkguard?
    Running Zwiehander Sentinel Hawkguard Warder.
    Reach I just wanted because it'd be funny to have, I guess? I don't really need it for my build at all but there came a point where I asked myself, What else can I do with this thing?
    Last edited by PraxisVetli; 2021-01-24 at 04:59 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1152

Lizardfolk

If a Knight-Chandler uses Share the Light to grant a boost to an ally, and that ally uses the boost, does that increase the Knight-Chandler's Illumination?
    'Prax' is fine.