New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default PEACH exchange II

Well, this thread seems to have fallen over, but I think a PEACH exchange is a good idea, so I'm reviving it.

What is a PEACH?
    It's a sweet, soft fruit PEACH stands for "Please Examine and Critique Honestly". It's a nice thing to do for people drafting homebrew! In this thread you can request a PEACH, or look at homebrew that needs work and help out. If you post here, you should try to PEACH at least one other listed work, otherwise nobody gets any peaches and we're all sad.

But unbe, my friend, I don't understand fruit cultivation game design principles well enough to provide good peaches!
    Well, if you're here, you understood things well enough to see a need for something in your game and to try to fill that need. Good job! Just do your best; read the designer's goals and try to help them accomplish those goals. Check for balance problems they may have missed. Imagine you're a player and you've been given this option as well as whatever it replaces and what it's supposed to go alongside. Is it better than everything else you can choose? Does it fit better alongside those things than what it's replacing? Why? This is the stuff that PEACHes are made from.

What shouldn't I do?
    Throw rotten fruit Throw rotten fruit. If someone's design goals don't align with yours, that's not a bad thing. Fighting over goals isn't something that needs to be done for a concrete piece of homebrew. All you ought to worry about for something in this thread is whether the designer has managed to implement their stated goals, and how they can better achieve that. (though you should feel free to start a thread about design goals on this subforum, those are interesting!)

Do you have an ulterior motive for starting this thread?
    Why yes, yes I do. I just posted this big druid fix, and I'm interested in getting some feedback for it, as well as some ideas for missing abilities. I'm still working on two of the subclasses, and help with those would also be appreciated.
    Why should a man be scorned if, finding himself in prison, he tries to get out and go home? Or if, when he cannot do so, he thinks and talks about other topics than jailers and prison-walls?

Pokemon:
    Spoiler
    Show

Friend Code: 4484-7979-9172
    DS name: Ben
    In-game name: Lief
    Friend safari: Charmeleon, Pansear, Ninetails

Brew:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: PEACH exchange II

I have a peach tree bunch of warlock subclasses that could use evaluation. For you're convenience, I compiled links to them into one thread (even though they still have their individual threads.You can find them here.

If you could pick a peach warlock subclass and give it a review, I'd be really appreciative. I'm more than willing to review other projects, even though I'm far from a master of homebrewing.

On the topic of reviews, I'll give your druid a look over unbe.
    Last edited by Michael7123; 2015-07-20 at 09:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I took a look at your druid fix, unbe. It's pretty cool! I'll refrain from commenting on warlock-based things, because I just can't bring myself to like warlocks, but I'll keep an eye on this thread and hand out more peaches when I can!

I'd very much like someone to look over the second edition of my fey project (5e). It's a fair bit of reading, but if you help, I promise I will add you to the 'special thanks' section!
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2015-07-21 at 02:17 PM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned

Any more that anyone can suggest for the veteran's always appreciated, ayup.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I am curious about one thing-- under Effects you can shrug off, you have Stable listed there with a cost of 20 hit points. I'm not sure I understand what situation you would be allowed to shrug off the 'Stable' condition in. Could you elaborate?

The Full Attacker trick seems really really powerful because there are no prerequisites. I recommend adding a minimum Veteran level on it, like 11th maybe?

For anyone who played/plays d20 modern, I am working on a Fallout campaign setting for that system. Specifically, I'm putting together a few races and some starting Traits.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I am curious about one thing-- under Effects you can shrug off, you have Stable listed there with a cost of 20 hit points. I'm not sure I understand what situation you would be allowed to shrug off the 'Stable' condition in. Could you elaborate?

The Full Attacker trick seems really really powerful because there are no prerequisites. I recommend adding a minimum Veteran level on it, like 11th maybe?
    Stable means you're unconscious - you might be small-s stable when you're conscious, but being Stable means you're unconscious. If you look at the cost for Unconscious, you'll find it tells you to see Stable/Dying. If something knocks you out without actually dealing hit point damage to you, you might be able to Shrug Off the Stable condition.

If you think Full Attacker looks powerful, check Combat Coup. The veteran's meant to be powerful.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Spamalot in the Playground

Stable means you're unconscious - you might be small-s stable when you're conscious, but being Stable means you're unconscious. If you look at the cost for Unconscious, you'll find it tells you to see Stable/Dying. If something knocks you out without actually dealing hit point damage to you, you might be able to Shrug Off the Stable condition.
    I think I understand your angle now. Thanks for the explanation.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Bumping this because it's important. Also, I just converted the dread Necromancer into 5th edition, and I'm trying to balance everything out. I could use some help.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

So I built Goultard the Barbarian (of Wakfu fame) as an epic-level 5E challenge, and I'd appreciate some comments on him.

Thanks in advance.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I would love it if someone could PEACH my Divine Ascendant class (D&D 3.5)
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

It needs more long range fighting abilities because else a wizard using phantom steed and super long range attack spell(for example through some CL tricks) might have no problem fighting this veteran.
    By the way do the coup de grace effect apply on all ranged attacks(in this case he only needs the ability to shoot arrows at an unlimited range and do full round attacks with those)
    Infinite movement speed like a level 20 monk(but at level 1) might also do the trick.
    Last edited by noob; 2015-09-19 at 03:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...8#post19879438

Draconic Paragon is seeing play! Which means it needs a level 17 feature and some critical eyes.

Any help is vastly appreciated, so thank you in advance!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show