New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Templates (have we seriously not done this yet?)

NIOCAB'BEWIU NIWUHF MoSYq Mitzi!

Okay, so that's fixed.

So, what is a template? It's a... uh...

Well, it has abilities, CR/LA adjustment (Please have both), abilities modifiers, backstory, it might change your type, they usually only modify certain creature ("This template can be applied to Monstrous Humanoids, Humanoids, and Aberrations with spines), and are inherited (Like being me) or acquired (like Lich).

Make sure to get permission and to give your own permission.

Permapermissions

Permissions
    Emperor Tippy,
    Threadnaught.

Templates

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    template needs
    jormengard and/or socratov truespeek to tzocatl transfer template( alows them to use their allready good truespeak skills instead of new knowl txocatl to use edicts and other fun staff)
    current templates list
    yandare template
    rage infuded creature
    Sannrtala
    Red Fiend of the Fel Lands
    Mangled Tongue
    RulerbornRudisplorkian
    Phoenix Walker
    Draconian Hoardling
    Xuldarinar
    Paladesque
    Singing Creature
    Master's Eternal Servant
    Dynamic Lecturer
    Dragon Lord
    you can count This as psusedo sweep no 1
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-10-14 at 09:47 AM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Templates (have we seriously not done this yet?)

NIOCAB'BEWIU NIWUHF MoSYq Mitzi!

Okay, so that's fixed.

So, what is a template? It's a... uh...

Well, it has abilities, CR/LA adjustment (Please have both), abilities modifiers, backstory, it might change your type, they usually only modify certain creature ("This template can be applied to Monstrous Humanoids, Humanoids, and Aberrations with spines), and are inherited (Like being me) or acquired (like Lich).

Make sure to get permission and to give your own permission.

Permissions

Templates
    hate to be the first but emperor tippy and khadgar567 give their permissions
    let the shenanigans begin

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Templates (have we seriously not done this yet?)

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    hate to be the first but emperor tippy and khadgar567 give their permissions
    let the shenanigans begin
    :S

I might just make a thread for permapermissions before the next one.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I imagine I would just be the symbiotic template considering the work I've done, but if someone wants to do something else I give my permission.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, what the heck. I'll give my permission.

You know, depending on who all ends up giving their permission, I may have to try my hand at actually making a template. I may already have a vague idea for one in mind...
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    You know, depending on who all ends up giving their permission, I may have to try my hand at actually making a template. I may already have a vague idea for one in mind...
    Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit.

Seriously we need more dudes who do that.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit.

Seriously we need more dudes who do that.
    All right, I'll try it out. First, though, may I ask who has permapermissions for this kind of stuff? I'm not overly familiar with who has, and I would like to know.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

All right, I'll try it out. First, though, may I ask who has permapermissions for this kind of stuff? I'm not overly familiar with who has, and I would like to know.
    well emperor tippy has permapermission

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Me, LP, Tippy, Threadnaught... I think. I made a new thread so people can have easier permapermissions.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

I give mine permission!

And the first one for you, Snow!

Yandere Template

Type: Remains unchanged, gain [Evil] and [Yandere] subtypes.
    Alignment: Any evil
    Armor Class: Gain a +2 profane bonus to armor class
    Resistances: Increases Cold Resist by 10, Fire Resist by 10 (if this would increase the resistance to 30 or above, gain immunity to the elemental type instead)
    Speed: All speeds increase by 10 ft.
    Ability Score Changes: STR +2, DEX +4, INT +2, CHA +6
    Skills: +8 profane bonus to stealth, intimidate, and bluff.
    Special Abilities:
    • Aura of Fear - All enemies of equal or lesser CR within 10 ft. per hit die of the Yandere are shaken (no save). This is a fear effect.
    • She's behind me, isn't she? - A Yandere may make a stealth check once a round as a move action to disappear. Next round, if the check is successful, they may appear adjacent to any enemy in their line of sight.
    • Scion of Yandere Aptitude - A Yandere automatically qualifies for the Scion of Yandere PrC.

CR: +3 (possibly reasonable, I dunno)
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-09-27 at 04:59 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hm, I would like to be a template, certainly.

Spoiler: Un-serious Template
    Show
    Tippy Creature
    Any commoner who reaches level 6 deserves a Tippy.
    "Tippy" is an acquired template that can be applied to any creature with the ability to cast spells as a wizard. A Tippy creature has all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities,
    except as noted here.
    LA: -16 (commoner cohort only).
    Last edited by ExLibrisMortis; 2015-09-27 at 05:13 PM.
    Spoiler: Collectible nice things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Faily View Post
    Read ExLibrisMortis' post...

WHY IS THERE NO LIKE BUTTON?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Libris: look at your allowed sources. I don't think any of your options were from those.
    My incarnate/crusader. A self-healing crowd-control melee build (ECL 8).
    My Ruby Knight Vindicator barsader. A party-buffing melee build (ECL 14).
    Doctor Despair's and my all-natural approach to necromancy.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Random template for IZ42.
    Rage infused creature:
    Can be applied to any creature by doing a ritual involving wish and rage spells or by being a particularly raging barbarian
    Type: Remains unchanged, gain [Rage] subtypes.
    Alignment: Any
    Armor Class: Gain a -8 bonus to armor class
    Resistances: DR/- = CR*2
    Speed: Base walk speed increase by 100 ft while jumping or charging.
    Ability Score Changes: STR +8,CON +4, INT -2, CHA -2, WIS -4
    Skills: Can not use any skill except skills involving movement based on str
    Special Abilities:
    Endless rage: You are always considered as enraged(you also gain +4 morale bonus to will saves) and are considered as having an unlimited number of uses of rage you can not do any complex mental action(like casting spells)if somehow a shirt is put on your muscular chest you loose all the positive effects of this template and emotion calming spells negate all the effects of this template until you play again.
    Cr +1
    LA +0(You are a non spell caster and so you deserve to get bonuses)
    Last edited by noob; 2015-09-27 at 05:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

How does that even apply to me? Like, that makes no sense at all.
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Like I said it was random.

15. - Top - End - #15

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sannrtala (Jormengand)
    Type: Remains unchanged, gain [Sannrtala] subtype.
    Alignment: Any Lawful
    Saves: Gain +4 bonus on Saves vs Truname Spells and Utterances
    Ability Score Changes: CON +2, DEX +2, CHA +4
    Skills: +4 bonus to truespeak checks.
    Feat: Gain Truename Training as a bonus feat.
    Special Abilities:
    Aura of Truth (Ex): All enemies within 20-ft become under the effect of a Zone of Truth (Will Save DC 15+1/2 HD +CHA mod negates) the effect continues to effect those that failed the Will Save for 1 minute after they leave the aura.
    CR: +3 Level Adjustment: +2

Deep in the core of the plane of Mechanus exists those whose skill with truenaming becomes second-nature. These beings are called Sannrtala. Within hushed circles rumors continue to spread about these Sannrtala as beings born from the venom of the World Serpent. Individuals are rarely born as Sannrtala (though it can happen), and are more often then not made by imbibing the venom of Jormengand, the world serpent.
    Last edited by Mehangel; 2015-09-28 at 07:29 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

All right, so, I was looking over the permapermissions thread, and I noticed that a certain evil overlord had given us his permapermission. So, I decided to try and see what I could do with him as a template, and this is the result. (This is my first time creating a template, so let's hope I do okay...)

Spoiler: Red Fel, Red Fel, Red Fel
    Show

What is the nature of evil?

This question has been asked for as long as anyone can remember. Why does it exist? What purpose does it serve? The answer seems to elude even the best of minds. But perhaps they are not willing to truly seek the answer.

There are those willing to do so, however. And for those, the path soon becomes clear. They find themselves drawn to the Sect of the Fel Lands, a secret organization that knows the secrets of Good and Evil, and pay service to the darkest of evils. In order to join this loose sect, they must undergo a ritual that transforms them into an agent of Evil. But by doing so, they gain forbidden knowledge that they can then use as they see fit.

Red Fiends look superficially the same as the race they once were, but they have been changed, touched by Evil down to their very core. Ocasionally, one will rise to infamy as a tyrannical ruler or a bloodthirsty killer. Most Red Fiends, however, are far more subtle, prefering to remain in the shadows away from the watchful eyes of paladins and clerics who would seek to destroy them. Despite their evil nature, they are often helpful, dispensing advice and wisdom to any who seek it. But no one knows what their true goals might be...

Red Fiend of the Fel Lands is an acquired template that can be added to any living, corpreal creature, with an Intelligence score of at least 3, hereafter referred to as the base creature. A Red Fiend uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities, except as noted here.

Size and Type: Type changes to Outsider, and it gains the Evil subtype, along with other appropriate alignment subtypes (Lawful or Chaotic), if any. If the base creature is native to the Material Plane, it also gains the Native subtype. Size is unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, Hit Dice, or saves.

Armor Class: A Red Fiend has a constant profane bonus to their AC, equal to their Charisma modifier. (Minimum +1)

Special Attacks: A Red Fiend retains all the base creature's special attacks, and gains the following:

Keen Insight (Ex): Once per encounter (or at will, if not in an encounter), a Red Fiend may take a full-round action to study a single opponent. At the end of this observation, they must attempt an Intelligence check, with a DC equal to the opponent's HD or CR, whichever is higher. If the Red Fiend succeeds on this check, they gain an insight bonus on attacks rolls, damage rolls, and skill checks on the opposing creature equal to the Red Fiend's Intelligence modifier for the duration of the encounter (or, if not in an encounter, a number of minutes equal to their Intelligence modifier). If they fail this check, their Keen Insight is expended, and they may not attempt to use it on the same creature for 24 hours.

In addition, if the Red Fiend succeeds on the check by 5 or more, they know about all special attacks and qualities the creature possesses, such as Damage Reduction, breath weapons, Spell Resistance, Smites, etc.

Spell-Like Abilities: A Red Fiend with an Intelligence or Charisma score of 8 or more knows the following spell-like abilities. Caster level is equal to the Red Fiend's HD, and save DCs are 11+the Red Fiend's Intelligence or Charisma modifier, whichever is higher, unless otherwise noted.

At will: Detect Alignment, Comprehend Languages

3/Day: Protection From Good

In addition, they gain spell-like abilities based on their HD:

HD 6 or more: Charm Person 3/Day, Nondetection 1/Day (DC 15+HD)

HD 11 or more: Blasphemy 1/Day, Unholy Aura 1/Day

Special Qualities: A Red Fiend retains all the base creature's special qualities, and gains the following:

• Darkvision 60 feet
    • Resistance to fire 10, cold 10, and electricity 5
    • Damage Reduction 5/Good (if 10 HD or less), 10/Good and Magic (if 11-20 HD), or 15/Good and Epic (if 21 HD or more)
    • A Red Fiend's attacks are treated as their alignment for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction
    • Spell Resistance equal to the Red Fiend's HD+5

Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Dex +2, Int +6, Wis +4, Cha +4

Skills: A Red Fiend has a +10 racial bonus on Diplomacy, and it is always considered a class skill for them. They also have a racial +6 bonus on any Knowledge skills that are class skills for them.

Enviroment: Same as the base creature

Organization: Same as the base creature

Challenge Rating: As the base creature +2 (if 10 or less HD), or +3 (if 11 or more HD)

Treasure: Same as base creature

Alignment: Change to Evil (any). Red Fiends tend to be Lawful, but Neutral or Chaotic Red Fiends are not unheard of.

Advancement: Same as the base creature

Level Adjustment: +3
    Last edited by Draconium; 2015-09-27 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Fixing some things I forgot before

Extended Signature Link

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I grant my permission once more.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

Goddammit, who gave you a ritual of renaming?

Anyway, you have my permission and you know this. Go crazy.

EDIT: Also, what's with this whole thinking I'm lawful nonsense? And why do people keep giving me things that are more useful to arcane casters with an interest in truespeak than truenamers?
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2015-09-27 at 06:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Goddammit, who gave you a ritual of renaming?

Anyway, you have my permission and you know this. Go crazy.

EDIT: Also, what's with this whole thinking I'm lawful nonsense? And why do people keep giving me things that are more useful to arcane casters with an interest in truespeak than truenamers?
    I know next to nothing about truenamers, so I can't help you there.

I'm coming up with something for you Zaydos.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Jorm, maybe it's because you cast Unname indicating you're a Sor/Wiz with Truename ranks? How about this, is this better Jorm?

Mangled Tongue

Mangled tongue is an inherited template which can be bestowed upon a living creature's bloodline via the ritual of the Mangled Tongue.

A mangled tongue uses all the base creature’s statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Special Attacks:

Natural Utterer: A Mangled Tongue's natural inclination to truespeech grants them a single utterance of the Lexicon of the Evolving Mind with a level up to 1 + 1/5 RHD they possess. They use 1/2 their character level plus their truenamer level as their effective CL for this utterance.

Special Qualities:

Cursed Lineage: A Mangled Tongue's bloodline is cursed with a curse that is passed along to their descendants. Any child whose parent is a Mangled Tongue gains the Mangled Tongue template. In addition those under this curse suffer a -4 penalty on saves versus other curses.

True Tongue: A Mangled Tongue cannot speak except in the language of truespeech. They cannot talk normally, and cannot perform activities that require speech except truespeak. A Mangle Tongue gains a +4 racial bonus to Truespeak checks. Truespeak is always a class skill for a Mangled Tongue.

Everything else is the same as base creature.

Also... feat...

Words that Eat Themselves
    Your words can be uttered while still holding power.
    Prerequisites: Truespeak 8 ranks, ability to speak 3 or more utterances.
    Benefit: The Law of Sequence no longer applies to you. You may have 2 or more instances of the same utterance active at one time.

Ritual of the Mangled Tongue:

This ritual can only be performed by a character capable of speaking 5th level utterances of the mind that is undergoing the process of evolution and has at least 20 ranks in Truespeak, Knowledge (Arcana), and Spellcraft. It requires 8 hours a day for 8 days and 125 GP of special incense each day, as well as 4 assistants with at least 8 ranks in Truespeak. To perform the ritual you must know a target's personal truename and recite it once during each day (making the check successfully) one failure forces you to restart the ritual completely. The target must make 8 Will saves (DC 20 + your Int) at -2, if all are successful the curse fails to hold. Otherwise you place a curse upon the target's blood line, the curse of the mangled tongue. Any creature that the target serves as the biological father/mother of from this point further is born with the Mangled Tongue template. This curse can be lifted via a Wish spell, or a Miracle spell, or by killing the creature that led the ritual and using their blood and viscera to perform a counter ritual (requires Knowledge (arcana) 20 ranks, and Spellcraft 20 ranks).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-09-27 at 08:57 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

22. - Top - End - #22

:S

I might just make a thread for permapermissions before the next one.
    Giantitp Regulars as Permapermissions?

Sure, as long as Affiliations or Undead immediately follow that one.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

All right, so, I was looking over the permapermissions thread, and I noticed that a certain evil overlord had given us his permapermission. So, I decided to try and see what I could do with him as a template, and this is the result. (This is my first time creating a template, so let's hope I do okay...)

Spoiler: Red Fel, Red Fel, Red Fel
    Show

What is the nature of evil?

This question has been asked for as long as anyone can remember. Why does it exist? What purpose does it serve? The answer seems to elude even the best of minds. But perhaps they are not willing to truly seek the answer.

There are those willing to do so, however. And for those, the path soon becomes clear. They find themselves drawn to the Sect of the Fel Lands, a secret organization that knows the secrets of Good and Evil, and pay service to the darkest of evils. In order to join this loose sect, they must undergo a ritual that transforms them into an agent of Evil. But by doing so, they gain forbidden knowledge that they can then use as they see fit.

Red Fiends look superficially the same as the race they once were, but they have been changed, touched by Evil down to their very core. Ocasionally, one will rise to infamy as a tyrannical ruler or a bloodthirsty killer. Most Red Fiends, however, are far more subtle, prefering to remain in the shadows away from the watchful eyes of paladins and clerics who would seek to destroy them. Despite their evil nature, they are often helpful, dispensing advice and wisdom to any who seek it. But no one knows what their true goals might be...

Red Fiend of the Fel Lands is an acquired template that can be added to any living, corpreal creature, hereafter referred to as the base creature. A Red Fiend uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities, except as noted here.

Size and Type: Type changes to Outsider, and it gains the Evil subtype. If the base creature is native to the Material Plane, it also gains the Native subtype. Size is unchanged. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, Hit Dice, or saves.

Armor Class: A Red Fiend has a constant profane bonus to their AC, equal to their Charisma modifier.

Special Attacks: A Red Fiend retains all the base creature's special attacks, and gains the following:

Keen Insight (Ex): Once per encounter (or at will, if not in an encounter), a Red Fiend may take a full-round action to study a single opponent. AT the end of this observation, they must attempt an Intelligence check, with a DC equal to the opponent's HD. If the Red Fiend succeeds on this check, they gain an insight bonus on attacks rolls, damage rolls, and skill checks on the opposing creature equal to the Red Fiend's Intelligence modifier for the duration of the encounter (or, if not in an encounter, a number of minutes equal to their Intelligence modifier). If they fail this check, their Keen Insight is expended, and they may not attempt to use it on the same creature for 24 hours.

Spell-Like Abilities: A Red Fiend with an Intelligence or Charisma score of 8 or more knows the following spell-like abilities. Caster level is equal to the Red Fiend's HD, and save DCs are 11+the Red Fiend's Intelligence or Charisma modifier, whichever is higher, unless otherwise noted.

At will: Detect Alignment, Comprehend Languages

3/Day: Protection From Good

In addition, they gain spell-like abilities based on their HD:

HD 6 or more: Charm Person 3/Day, Nondetection 1/Day (DC 15+HD)

HD 11 or more: Blasphemy 1/Day, Unholy Aura 1/Day

Special Qualities: A Red Fiend retains all the base creature's special qualities, and gains the following:

• Darkvision 60 feet
    • Resistance to fire 10, cold 10, and electricity 5
    • Damage Reduction 5/Good (if 10 HD or less), 10/Good and Magic (if 11-20 HD), or 15/Good and Epic (if 21 HD or more)
    • A Red Fiend's attacks are treated as evil for the purposes of overcoming Damage Reduction
    • Spell Resistance equal to the Red Fiend's HD+5

Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Dex +2, Int +6, Wis +4, Cha +4

Skills: A Red Fiend has a +10 racial bonus on Diplomacy, and it is always considered a class skill for them. They also have a racial +6 bonus on any Knowledge skills that are class skills for them.

Enviroment: Same as the base creature

Organization: Same as the base creature

Challenge Rating: As the base creature +2 (if 10 or less HD), or +3 (if 11 or more HD)

Treasure: Same as base creature

Alignment: Change to Evil (any)

Advancement: Same as the base creature

Level Adjustment: +3
    Oh. My. Hype.

This is absolutely delicious. Absolutely delicious. Fantastic emphasis on Intelligence, Charisma, and people-reading. I love the profane AC bonus. (Eat your heart out, Divine Grace. Here, use my spoon.) And rather uniquely, I'm intrigued by the fact that it's Outsider (Evil), and not Outsider (Evil, Lawful). I also thought it was particularly clever that your wording strongly implied that it could be taken by Outsiders - a part of me sees an Inevitable taking this template. That part of me sees it, and grins with far too many teeth.

The abilities that scale with HD are a great touch, and the various boosts, resistances, DR and SR help to make it feel like it's worth the LA +3.

Well played. Well played, indeed.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by torrasque666 View Post
    here I am, born to be king.
    Rulerborn

Rulerborn is an inherited template which can be applied to any creature. What causes rulerborns to be born is unknown, but from time to time they rise from the ranks of their kindred.

Size and Type: Animals or vermin with this template become magical beasts, but otherwise the creature type is unchanged. Size is unchanged.

Armor Class: Rulerborn creatures gain a deflection bonus to AC equal to their Charisma modifier.

Special Attacks:

Born Leader (Ex): A rulerborn is evidently a ruler and gains a +4 bonus to Leadership, and may use their ECL instead of character level for Leadership.

Charm Kin (Su): Any creature which talks to a rulerborn for 1 minute and shares a type with them must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha modifier) or be charmed by the rulerborn for 1 hour; this is a mind-affecting effect but ignores type based immunities. A successful save against this ability grants immunity to it for 24 hours.

Command the Mindless (Su): As a standard action a rulerborn can suborn the will of a mindless creature which shares a type with them. The creature becomes the utter servant of the rulerborn permanently or until the rulerborn dismisses them. A rulerborn can only command 1 creature this way + 1 creature per 3 hit dice.

Special Quality

The King's Will (Ex): A rulerborn gains a +6 racial bonus to saves versus Charm and enchantment (compulsion) effects that grant the caster ongoing control over the subject, such as dominate person.

Abilities: Int increases to 4 (-6 racial modifier) if lower and they lose any mindless trait they may possess, +6 Charisma.

Feats: A formerly mindless rulerborn gains feats for its hit dice as normal.

Skills: A rulerborn gains a +4 racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), and Sense Motive checks. A formerly mindless rulerborn gains skill points based upon its type.

Alignment: Always Lawful.

CR: +1.

LA: +3.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

This'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

I give my permission.

Should we do a wager on how many pages this thread goes on for?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

2000 Costa Rican Colones says it goes on for more than one page.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well played. Well played, indeed.
    Thank you, O Dark Master of Evil.

Seriously, though, thanks. I'm glad you're pleased with my work. I considered having the alignment changed to Lawful Evil always, but I thought that what I wrote would really work with any sort of Evil, so I went with that instead.

Anyways, I've actually updated the template a bit to clarify a few things, and add in some other things I forgot - nothing huge, just a few things I forgot to add to it when I first wrote it, such as how the template deals with Law and Chaos, a secondary effect for Keen Insight, and a few spelling fixes.

Extended Signature Link

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Threadnaught, I choose you! (I give permission as well)

Rudisplorkian (Applied Template)

Explanation: Beings who gaze too long into an abyss find the abyss to gaze back into them. So, too it is with tomes of rules. Beings whose skin is inscribed with ancient, unknowable 'loopholes' in the laws of reality, Rudisplorkians can be born of any race.

Size, Type and HD: Same, though it gains the Extraplanar subtype. If banished, it finds its way back to the transient plane of [Insert synonym with Rules-Lawyering here].
    Abilities:
    Loophole (Su): Through exploiting the weaknesses in the laws that govern reality, a Rudisplorkian can emulate any spell once per day which has a level equal to their HD divided by three plus one. This spell does not need to be chosen until then, and must be from the Sorcerer, Wizard, or Cleric spell list. Each use of this ability deals 1d4 constitution damage to the Rudisplorkian. It uses the Rudisplorkian's highest mental stat (intelligence, wisdom, or charisma) as its primary stat for the purpose of determining save DC. Caster level is equal to the Rudisplorkian's hit dice.
    Madness (Su): Rudisplorkians are immune to ability drain that targets mental stats (intelligence, wisdom or charisma) and are immune to mind-affecting spells and abilities.

Rudisplorkians have spell resistance equal to their HD + 11.

Abilities: +2 Int, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
    Challenge Rating: HD 1-6 +2, 7-12 +3, 13+ +4.
    LA: [Removed at request of the DM's Association Against Power-Gaming (DMAAPG)]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    2000 Costa Rican Colones says it goes on for more than one page.
    I am willing to bet 1000000 Zimbabwean dollars it does not get past page 1.

edit: please note that these Z$ are obtained through time travel from 2008.

also note that i am leaving my janitorial duties behind for better things, like landscaping. So you may have my bucket. Maybe you will have better luck figuing out how an inanimate object is immortal and how it can be made out of 100% bucket juice which is well known to be a liquid.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-09-27 at 10:19 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me