Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Screw the Rules, I have Dice [IC]

This evening you find yourself in Bastow Crossing, at the Blue Moon Inn. Shady characters make backroom deals in private rooms, every dark corner holds an angsty, brooding antihero (you can see a few of them arguing over darkest-corner rights), and a surly old halfling named Pearl tends to the bar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Screw the Rules, I have Dice [IC]

Among the first to the tall chairs of the bar that night was Brandie, trying to look pretty with her own folksy charm in hopes that someone would buy her a drink, especially because she can't afford both a room and a drink tonight.
    But it is already getting late with no luck to speak of. Why wasn't she offered a beverage like that hussy 3 seats away?
    "It just ain't fair, Pearl." she raises her head to the keeper of the inn. "one bah one the other ladies are gettin' talked to and are given drinks n' presents, what do these girls got that ah dun got?"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If anybody is too intensely bothered by southern belle, I could change the accent to Cocneye.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-09-30 at 06:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #3

Pearl raises an eyebrow. "Novelty," she gestures at a girl you don't recognize, "And several feet."
    Last edited by Arkhaic; 2015-09-30 at 06:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbacz
    For some people, at-will non-mundane martial abilities = wuxia anime = MMOs = 4E = Hitler = dead kittens.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic is silly, and has little place in the real world.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Alicia is for her part being slightly more proactive in getting a drink.

Hopefully, she is being very charming.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy (1d20+3)[23]
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Suddenly, the Tavern is filled with music playing in the background as a Half-Gnome begins to speak to the occupants.

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears! A wealth merchant has approached me with the simple task of seeing if his son is doing well in the town of Bucanam, or if he has been prissily murder by demon-possessed werewolves, or something in between! As I am board and it is a lot of money, I decided to let some of you fine folks help me, preferably some fellow Sorcerers. And By preferably, I of course mean exclusively! So, what say you? Do you have what it takes to see why a rich kid stopped sending letters home and get a boatload of money?

Spoiler: The Music
    Show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAa2yh1ZkNc
    perform (magic)
    (1d20+5)[7]

Also, just a reminder, my character has a wis of 3 and is crazy.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    Among the first to the tall chairs of the bar that night was Brandie, trying to look pretty with her own folksy charm in hopes that someone would buy her a drink, especially because she can't afford both a room and a drink tonight.
    But it is already getting late with no luck to speak of. Why wasn't she offered a beverage like that hussy 3 seats away?
    "It just ain't fair, Pearl." she raises her head to the keeper of the inn. "one bah one the other ladies are gettin' talked to and are given drinks n' presents, what do these girls got that ah dun got?"
    Show
    If anybody is too intensely bothered by southern belle, I could change the accent to Cocneye.
    A lilting brogue rings out: "Not a thing, lass. They just be jealous of ya is all." A halfling slides down the bar and scrambles onto the chair next to Brandie. His clothes are conspicuously fancy, though they look as if they've seen better days. His hair is a tone of orange so bright it's almost gold, and eyes as light as the sky stand against his elaborate facial hair in stark contrast. Those eyes. They seem to shimmy in place as the light catches them, mesmerizing any onlookers. "Don't let ol' Pearl lead ya astray. Name's Flip, lass: Flip Au'Ric. How about I buy ya the next round and we raise a glass ta seein' the knees o' the rest o' the world?"

Without waiting for an answer, Flip starts counting on his fingers. "So one gold minus 4 silver plus 3 copper take away six silver and three copper is..." He scrunches up his face as he attempts the calculation, but with the sudden burst of noise from the Half-Gnome, he's glad for the distraction and his face relaxes as much as his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnicrat View Post
    Suddenly, the Tavern is filled with music playing in the background as a Half-Gnome begins to speak to the occupants.

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears! A wealth merchant has approached me with the simple task of seeing if his son is doing well in the town of Bucanam, or if he has been prissily murder by demon-possessed werewolves, or something in between! As I am board and it is a lot of money, I decided to let some of you fine folks help me, preferably some fellow Sorcerers. And By preferably, I of course mean exclusively! So, what say you? Do you have what it takes to see why a rich kid stopped sending letters home and get a boatload of money?
    "Or," Flip offers as a counter to the drink he had previously offered Brandie, "we can see what that's all about. Oi, boyo!" he calls out to the half-gnome, feverishly waving the fellow short person toward himself & Brandie. "Name's Flip, lad: Flip Au'Ric. Ya mentioned something about a lot of money?"
    Last edited by OMG PONIES; 2015-10-01 at 06:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Ponies, the Kim Karsdashian of GITP.
    This is what happens when they let me DM:
    Beyond the Horizon IC / OOC
    A Time to Die: Alpha IC / Bravo IC / OOC

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Brandie's eyes beam when the halfling of high standing approached her, all groomed and fancy and makes even her church clothes look like tattered rags. It's a shame he is a halfling, but nobody is perfect. Besides, he could certainly pass off as a gnome after they share glass or two.
    "How nice to meet ya, Flip." her smile was warm and had a youthful charm to it. "Mah name is Brandie - Brandie Tinkerson. It's so nice to meet a proper gentleman in a place like this."

He's charmin', rich... Brandie thought to herself as the halfling mentioned his gold.Ooh, and smart - sounds like he knows his numbers well! Flip O'Rick, you are a keeper!

She was a little dejected as the gentlehalfling sitting next to her changed his mind on the drink, in favor of some grungy stranger playing a tune parallel to the banging of pots, pans and bells like in surreal lunacy. (which reminded her of home, strangely) but she didn't keep a grudge towards it - this could be real work with real money on the table. "Yer a sorcerer?" Brandie smiled as she gave Flip a chummy flick on the shoulder.
    "Well Ah'll be an Ankheg's lunch - Ahm a sorceress too! Well, Ahm still learnin', but Ah got a great teacher."
    Brandie wasn't a loud lass, but she was certainly excited.
    Show
    is anyone having trouble with my choice of color? Should I switch it to Blue? The original color was intended to match her eyes, but I would understand if it was hard to read.
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-10-01 at 10:30 AM.
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #8

BardGuy

Nice to meet you Flip! Austin said with a cheer, And indeed I did! Shouldn't be too hard, and I could have done it myself, but the more the merrier! We basically just have to head over to Bucanan and check in on some rich guy's son. I've even got transport for us! Its my house!

Clapping his hands together, So, are you and this lovely gnome lady interested in accompanying me and making some money? I do insist you prove you're sorcerers to me, but that shouldn't be a problem!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

With a snort, the sleeping Immori jumped awake at the sound of the music. Yawning, he looked over at the man near the source of the music.

Getting money just for checking in on some merchant's son? This was obviously a huge trap. But what kind of self-respecting Cansin would pass up gold over that?

Smiling, he made his way over to the fellow sorcerer.

"Hello, you said something about a job?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

10. - Top - End - #10

BardGuy

That I did! Austin cheered, Sorcerers only, though. Because sorcerers are the most fun! If you can demonstrate your sorcerers ability to me, you can feel free to come check on this rich guys son and receive vast riches as well, I was just waiting for these two good folks to do just that. Then I think I shall wait for one more sorcerer, because 5 just seems like it will make our party complete!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah'd love to show ya, I got this neat little trick where I would make mah lil toys fight each other. It only works on wood'n trinkits, and fightin' is all they know how ta do, but magick is magick, ain't it?"
    She takes out a block of wood, roughly the size of her palm. It is already partly carved on one side into what looks like a beak, or a tail, attached to part of a smooth, round surface. Brandie's freckles become noticable in the candlelight as a smile escaped her lips.
    "This lil old thang is gonna be mah new toy duckie. It'll be fun ta watchit quack, dont'chou think? But it ain't done yet, come outside, Ah'll find a branch or somethin' and we'll make magic happen."
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2015-10-05 at 06:17 AM.

My Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #12

There is a tree outside of the Blue Moon Inn.

The tree has branches.

The branches have leaves.

The leaves have eyes.

The leaves are perfectly normal, eyeless leaves.

The moon is overhead.

The moon is not blue.

There are circles on the moon.

The circles look like eyes.

The circles are not eyes.

13. - Top - End - #13

Alicia takes the drink someone brought her and follows the sorcerer group that was forming outside.

Prove I'm a sorceress huh? Alica smirks as she snaps her fingers, and a small soft light envelops her bracelet.

That work? She asks hand on hip.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Brandie gets a branch from the ground.
    "Yer goin' ta love this."
    Brandie holds the branch on the ground.
    "If only you were -alive-, Branchy. Teach that mean old tree a lesson."
    There is a small pause as nothing happens.she lifts her hand and steps back.
    "That's odd it should've ---WOAH!"
    Suddenly the branch springs to life, flailing and jumping like a fish on a hook at great speed. It whacks the tree vigorously for a few seconds before spontaneously dropping to the ground, laying as it did. drops of sap bleed from the wounded tree bark.
    Wasn't THAT a hoot? Brandie smiled as she shakes her hand in relief.

My Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #15

Flip has been conspicuously silent through the entire exchange, and he seems uncomfortable at the general thought of "proving" himself. He scratches sheepishly at the back of his head. "I'm not much for proving meself, as it's a bit more a struck o' the Luck Dragon's tail than anything else. See, I don't control it so much so as it just happens. Hang around long enough and ye may get lucky. Then again, ye may n--" Flip's speech is interrupted by a quiet belch. Rather than noxious fumes, though, the belch is accompanied by a quick lick of flame. Flip's cheeks turn rosy as he pulls a pair of dice from his component pouch & kisses them. "What do you know?" he asks nobody in particular, "lucky after all."

16. - Top - End - #16

BardGuy

Austin was extatic from the display! He would finally have fellow sorcerers to travel with again! This was the happiest he had been since his troop broke up due to gruesome death! Oh, ha-HA! Excellent! Excellent! You all are EXACTLY the sorts of folk I'm looking for to accompany me! Austin turns to Immori, That just leaves you, my quiet friend! Care to show us your connection to the mystic arts of doing things somehow?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Immorie bowed slightly and stepped forward. "My wish is your command." Now, he could just do something flashy and harmless. But where was the fun in that?

Two brilliant yellow beams of light protruded from Immori's eyes. A moment later, the tree burst into flames. He turned to the Half-Gnome.

"Is that good enough? If so, I suggest we get out of here as soon as possible. Druids tend to be a vengeful lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    Sorcerers are also based on Charisma. If a Wizard studies the cheat codes to reality, the Sorcerer literally just glares or winks at the universe. And the universe listens.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobar1969 View Post
    Flexibility is awesome, but I'd sacrifice that spellbook in a heartbeat to be a 24-7 flying hentai apocalypse demon.

First Eternal foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

18. - Top - End - #18

BardGuy

Good enough for me, and I'm the only one counting! We can head out right away, unless any of you object. I believed I mentioned we'll be taking my house? Lemme show you to it! Austin Cheerily guided everyone to his wagon while making benign small talk. Here we are, at last! Home sweet home. There should be room enough for the 5 of us, along with my animals. Let me introduce you! This here is Frog, Austin gestures to a fairly fat toad sitting on a pile of hay next to a bedroll. And these fine fellows are Don and Keys! Around the front are two Donkeys lazily eating some grass. Now that everyone has been introduced, lets be off! Austin jumps in the wagon and climes into his bedroll as the rest pile in behind him. Once everyone is in the wagon, Frog hops to the front of the wagon, croaks at Don and Keys, and the two donkeys begin pulling the wagon down the road...

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, Mister... It's a delightful wagon! Um, what did ya say yer name was again?
    As she climbed up into Austin's home, she smiled at how cozy it was. It gave her memories of her father.
    "Ah had a pet too. A fiesty lil' white kitty. Her name is Gin." the word had an eerie echo to it when Brandie used her name.
    "She ran away, though. My dear ol' Pa always told me that if Ah need her n'call her name three times, she'll always come back to me. But lately when Ah call her, she hasn' come back."
    As they rode under the moonlight, she thought to herself before speaking again.When she does come back, Ah'd keep her away from li'l Froggy. Gin might wanna eat'm fer supper. Brandie smiled, trying to be funny.

My Extended Signature

20. - Top - End - #20

BardGuy

Frog is a tough one, you're gin would have its work cut out for it. Austin says with a laugh. Oh, and my name is Austin. Austin Salvus. Perhaps you've heard of me? Maybe seen one of my magic shows?

21. - Top - End - #21

With each day that goes by, the ground gets rougher and rougher.
    Paved roads give way to dirt paths as the trees become sparse and the earth becomes hilly.
    To the east you can see one road winding through the hills towards Bucanam, though from this distance you can only see the valley it lies inside.
    The path also continues further south, and a second path turns southeast. Those paths don't matter today.
    Show
    Watch order, please.
    Last edited by Arkhaic; 2015-10-15 at 12:02 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

I guess Alicia goes first.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Brandie would take second or third watch, she's an early riser anyway. She's whittling her ducky-in-progress in the meantime.

My Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #24

BardGuy

Austin should take last watch, as one of my spells is helpful for if someone attacks/morning. I have Dawn.

25. - Top - End - #25

"Ole Flap & I'll take tird watch, then," Flip says with his accent obscuring the word "third." "The both of us can see well enough in the dark 'n' feel anything coming close when it gets too dark. Ye can all rest easy."

Flip Listen - (1d20+11)[16]
    Flip Spot - (1d20+9)[21]
    Flap Listen - (1d20+8)[21]
    Flap Spot - (1d20+8)[14]