New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Single weapon fighting

Alright, so we've got two handed weapons, two weapon fighting and sword-and-board. But does someone know any feats, PrCs or anything that'd support wielding one one-handed weapon? I can personally think of Exotic weapon Master and Duelist, but I'm not familiar with many books.
    Last edited by Morty; 2007-05-19 at 01:37 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Single weapon fighting

It's not a very well supported build. It is, in fact, not nearly as well supported as it should be. Personally, I think Wizards should do a lot more to enhance both this and two-weapon fighting.
    My Characters:
    Henning Baer: Forest of Friedland

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bladesinger in Forgotten Realms has some stuff for it. There's an Einhander feat in some book I don't have as well.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Einhander is from the PHBII, and works rather nicely with the Duelist.

Tome of Battle characters can often get away with not using the most optimal weapon combinations also.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Alas, the poor Duelist. I kinda wish they'd do more for this type of PC, I'd be all over it.

I know, Swashbucklers, but they are verboten in our game. :(

Join us at Terres: Shadow of the Dark Gods, a free online Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition campaign.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

I can think of some good builds that involve a one handed weapon and an unarmed strike. But they basically revolve around TWF. Other than what people have already named, I can't think of anything else.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Unless the one handed weapon in question is a light weapon, any feats that work for two handed weapon fighting will also enhance one handed weapon fighting. The Bastard sword is a prime example. A warrior with EWP in bastard swords is probably still going to be using it 2 handed most of the time if he has no shield or off-hand weapon. However, with another feat, he'll be able to attack at reach at -4 if he holds the sword in one hand, thus increasing his versatility.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

If it's a light, or at least finessable weapon, there's Deadly Defense from Complete Scoundrel. Extra damage when fighting defensively, usable with Combat Expertise for a lower attack bonus cost.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

I suppose there's always "Gish who doesn't have enough feat selections open to take Somatic Weaponry," but I suppose that's not a good answer.
    "I don't know why everyone always complains about being overshadowed in combat. I've always found it very relaxing."

Avatar by Threeshades. Thanks Threeshades!