Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Time of the Dragon OOC

Spoiler: Virdish's Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Dragons

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    4-6

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    The forum

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    3rd gestalt HP max at first, rolled after.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Standard Wbl

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Dragon classes

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Dragons

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    32 point buy. Can't mess with the classics

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Alignment is in play but ignore alignment restrictions on classes.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    No penalty.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    You roll active checks in spoilers. I will roll stuff you shouldn't know about.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Dragon classes, Homebrew on a case by case basis.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Give me a little bit but you are all wyrmlings so there isn't really much that you have done. You don't know about the prime switch.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    A little of all of it.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

Legal 3.5 material, non updated 3.0, dragon compendium, dragon magazine on a case by case. Homebrew on case by case

A couple small things that need to be said as I saw small mistakes in many of the backgrounds. You were all hatched together and while you may have been raised elsewhere at times you would have spent enough time around each other for you to identify them as your family, whether or not you particularly like every member of this "family" is up to you.

Now that you know who you are going to be playing with I would like to everyone to discuss their characters and come up with some opinions that your character has towards the other wyrmlings.

Extended Homebrew Signature

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Everyone asleep in their beds in the middle of an attack on the city.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Time of the Dragon OOC

A thought occurs, looking through the sheets - I was thinking of Dian as a sort of Intelligent-but-foolish type... but she's actually got the highest wisdom score in the party! (At 10, tied with Aussir). Basically, this group's going to have a surprising lack of common sense... Still, it'll be interesting to play in a party with Wisdom as its communal dump stat

Okay, so first things first: If we're all hatched together, we're all the same age. I see ages of 3, 4, 5, and Hatchling on our sheets. Which one are we?

Now, Dian's thoughts on the other characters...
    Spoiler: Igneas
    Show

How they measure up against each other:
    Igneas is stronger and more desxtrous than Dian.
    Dian is smarter, more charming and more sensible than Igneas.
    Dian and Igneas are on opposite ends of the Law vs Chaos axis

Looking at Igneas I'm thinking of one of a few stock Male Jock vs Female Nerd relationships. How would Igneas react to Dian? Would he respect her for her mind, or despise her for her weakness? Unless he's inclined towards bullying (which he could be, he's a very strong, athletic child, after all), Dian's probably going to show a certain amount of interest in/respect for Igneas. She doesn't think of the combat skills he's developing as unimportant, despite her personal lack of interest in them - and if he goes in for typical Warblade-style showboating, she'd be a more than willing audience. (So long as he doesn't interrupt her studies too often...)

Spoiler: Maalaxadior
    Show

Maalaxadior is stronger and more charismatic than Dian.
    Dian is more dextrous, intelligent and wise than Maalaxadior.
    Maalaxadior and Dian are the two 'Good' members of the party, but are stuck on opposite sides of the Law vs Chaos axis.
    Maalaxadior can fly!

By the looks of it, Maalaxadior and Dian are going to be sharing the role of the party's conscience... while frequently disagreeing on how exactly they're supposed to go about doing good things. I'm guessing Dian's going to be a fairly frequent target of Maalaxadior's tricks, seeing as she's the closest thing to a comedic straight woman in the group. Still, she'll respect his intentions even as she gets annoyed about him constantly interrupting her studies...

Also, expect Dian to be jealous that Maalaxadior's wings are developed enough to allow flight. Dian's still aren't strong enough to lift her.

Spoiler: Aussir
    Show

Aussir is stronger and tougher than Dian.
    Dian is smarter and more charming than Aussir.
    Dian is faster on land and in water than Aussir is, but while his wings are developed enough to permit flight, she's still grounded. (On a related note, can Aussir breathe underwater? I wasn't sure...)
    Dian and Aussir are on opposite ends of the Law vs Chaos axis.

I have the feeling Dian and Aussir won't be getting along well at all. On the one side, a touchy and poorly educated Aussir. On the other, a well-meaning but over-educated and frequently insensitive Dian. They're going to irritate each other a lot, I think...

If Dian offered to teach Aussir, would he accept or would it lead to another fight? I can see Dian offering to teach Aussir to read and write, as something of a peace offering from her to her touchy clutch-mate. If he's willing, I suspect it'll be an on-going thing as they age. If not... well, she at least tried to make peace!

Spoiler: Lorgar
    Show

Lorgar is either Tougher than Dian or Stronger and more Dextrous (depending on form, I think? Those temp scores are after your shape change, right?)
    Dian is smarter, wiser and more charismatic than Lorgar (Lorgar is exactly half-way between Dian, who gets a massive Int boost from the Riddled psychosis, and Igneas, the smartest member of the rest of the party.)
    Between them, Dian and Lorgar have all the party's high Knowledge checks (Dian has Arcana, Architecture and Engineering, Geography and Nobility and Royalty trained, while Lorgar has Local, Nature, Psionics and The Planes. That gives us... what, everything except Dungeoneering between us? Not a bad selection, especially for wyrmlings)
    Dian and Lorgar are on opposite ends of the Law vs Chaos axis.
    Dian and Lorgar are both proud members of the 'swim speed club' - with Bek'adulee and Aussir. I'm not sure if Aussir can breathe underwater, but the other three definitely can.

By the looks of it, while Dian and Lorgar are both very smart, Lorgar seems the more physically inclined of the two. I'm seeing him as sort of the field researcher to Dian's theoretician... both interested in studying both other people and various fields of knowledge, but Lorgar's rather more pro-active in the pursuit of his studies than the bookwyrm. Still, from Dian's perspective it would, at worst, lead to a friendly rivalry with the other wyrmling that's the closest to speaking with her as an intellectual equal.

Spoiler: Bek'adulee
    Show

Bek'adulee is stronger, tougher and more dextrous than Dian.
    Dian is smarter and wiser than Bek'adulee, even with her psychosis.
    Dian and Bek'adulee are both members of the 'swim speed club' - where they join Lorgar and Aussir. Not sure if Aussir can breathe underwater or not, but Bek'adulee, Dian and Lorgar all can.
    Dian and Bek'adulee are on opposite ends of both alignment axis. I haven't had a classic LG vs CE intra-party matchup in ages!

Sarcasm and Cynicism are the biggest things Bek'adulee and Dian have in common. While Bek'adulee marries those qualities with bitterness and violence, Dian's very even-tempered and not terribly far from pacifistic (she'll fight if the group does, but it's never really something she wants to do).

Looking at the two of them, I'm getting this sense of two wyrmlings who have almost nothing in common with each other, except that both are too loyal (to their clutch-mates and to each other) to try and drive the other from the group. Still, I think we can look forward to the two of them forming a sarcastic chorus to celebrate the biggest screw-ups from the remainder of the party as and when they happen...

Woo! For what was meant to just be skim-reading, that took a surprisingly long time. Anyway, let me know what you think about Dian's proposed relationships to the rest of the clutch.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2015-10-03 at 04:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Show

Igneas is stronger and more desxtrous than Dian.
    Dian is smarter, more charming and more sensible than Igneas.
    Dian and Igneas are on opposite ends of the Law vs Chaos axis

Looking at Igneas I'm thinking of one of a few stock Male Jock vs Female Nerd relationships. How would Igneas react to Dian? Would he respect her for her mind, or despise her for her weakness? Unless he's inclined towards bullying (which he could be, he's a very strong, athletic child, after all), Dian's probably going to show a certain amount of interest in/respect for Igneas. She doesn't think of the combat skills he's developing as unimportant, despite her personal lack of interest in them - and if he goes in for typical Warblade-style showboating, she'd be a more than willing audience. (So long as he doesn't interrupt her studies too often...)
    Hmm, what I was thinking is that Igneas has a high amount of respect for Dian's mind, and while he isn't very magically-inclined, he would find her wizard spellcasting abilities very interesting and would be curious about how it works. Igneas isn't going to be inclined to bully, though. At most, you'll get some playful teasing out of him. No, he's going to be much too close to his "family" to even consider bullying any of them. Of course, he may not be very inclined to be nice to anyone else...

I'm still reading through the rest off the sheets, so I'll let you guys know what I think his relationship is gonna be with the others once I've finished.

EDIT: Okay, so here's what I'm thinking...

Maalaxadior has similar tendencies as Igneas, as they both tend to rush into situations without too much thought beforehand. However, Maal's pranks may end up annoying Igneas, especially if he pulls them too often.

Aussir and Igneas may end up fighting on the front lines together, so Igneas may put quite a bit of trust in him. On the other hand, though, Igneas prefers to face danger head-on, so he may disapprove of Aussir's tendency to use guile and subterfuge. Also, he may see Aussir's... unculteredness as a bit of a bother, but not too much.

Igneas may end up feeling the most protective of Lorgar, as the Naiadragon is the most childish and curious of the group. Igneas may attempt to presuade him to be more wary of other creatures, and may constantly keep an eye on Lorgar to make sure he doesn't try to wander off and get into trouble.

Finally, Bek'adulee and Igneas are most likely going to end up in a friendly rivalry. They are both very protective of the rest of the wyrmlings, and as such, they would probably compete to see who's better at protecting each other. Igneas is stronger and smarter between the two of them, but Bek'adulee is more dexterious and a bit more charming, so it would really depend on the other dragons as to who woulod be better at protecting them - assuming they want to be protected.

Also, for the overall age, I suggest we go with either 4 or 5 - we are wyrmlings, but I don't imagine we will be for very long.
    Last edited by Draconium; 2015-10-03 at 05:40 PM.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Bek is a sea dragon, I don't think she'll ever get a fly speed naturally. That could get interesting if she can't find an item of flight. I fixed up her backstory to fit a bit better, not sure if I should change her age . . .

Bek despairs of Aussir's lack of culture. She tries to get him to be more charismatic and sophisticated whenever possible.

I think she'll like Dian, as long as Dian doesn't bug her too much about eating every humanoid that annoys her and being a creepy bitch. Which is unlikely, but oh well.

She spends a fair amount of time playfully sneering at Igneas, because what is fire to a sea dragon?

She tries to corrupt Lorgar whenever possible, seeing him as a naive young troglodyte even though they technically have the same Wisdom.

She approves of Maalaxadior's sense of humor if it's not directed at her, because her cynicism can get her down and a bit of humor helps her shake it off. She thinks of Maal as her court jester, basically.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

5. - Top - End - #5

I'm really liking the thoughtfulness being put into this. As for age, I would agree with 4-5. I can, and will put years between adventures to deal with age disparity brought on by character advancement but you may end up leveling within the first adventure.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Five years old it is, then.

Blame whoiam for starting it :D
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Just wanted to voice that I am still around.

I don't have the time today to do a write up on how the other dragons are and post Lorgar's oppinion on them but I like what I did have time to read. Hopefully I'll have the time one of the following days.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Hmm, what I was thinking is that Igneas has a high amount of respect for Dian's mind, and while he isn't very magically-inclined, he would find her wizard spellcasting abilities very interesting and would be curious about how it works. Igneas isn't going to be inclined to bully, though. At most, you'll get some playful teasing out of him. No, he's going to be much too close to his "family" to even consider bullying any of them. Of course, he may not be very inclined to be nice to anyone else...
    So, adding together my thoughts and yours, it appears we have a relationship of mutual respect based primarily on the fact that each can do things the other cannot (and do them well). Plus, they both seem to enjoy watching the other work

Quote Originally Posted by GuesssWho View Post
    I think she'll like Dian, as long as Dian doesn't bug her too much about eating every humanoid that annoys her and being a creepy bitch. Which is unlikely, but oh well.
    Yeah, Dian and Bek are going to be having some long talks in this game... Dian's not as extreme as the stock characterisation of Gold Dragons ('The Paladins of the Draconic World!') in that she's not going to be going out of her way to police the behaviour of the others. She will, however, object to especially cruel or unnecessarily violent courses of action (if she's aware of you taking them, anyway).

That said, Dian's quite willing to explore the depths with Bek. Although her interest would be less in the creepier deep-sea predators and more in undersea geography...

Five years old it is, then.

Blame whoiam for starting it :D
    Oh, fine, blame me for starting it just because I went first!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Bugger, wings are 4th level. I misread and was just copying stats from my other dragon PC. Thanks whoiam. I will fix that.

I like everyone's thoughts on Maal. He's gonna be generally friendly with everyone, though anyone who tends to kill opponents too often may cause some frowning. Also not sure how much of a prankster he's going to be. Might deviate from the stock characterization of the copper dragon.
    Last edited by Nyarai; 2015-10-04 at 11:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Will the IC be up today?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Hopefully, the IC thread will be up soon. Although I think we're still waiting on a few posts on this thread first - not everyone has posted their perceived relationships for their characters yet.

By the way, don't people also normally use these threads to claim colors for their character's dialogue to be written in? I think I've seen that in some other threads, but I haven't done many PbP games before, so I wasn't sure.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    By the way, don't people also normally use these threads to claim colors for their character's dialogue to be written in? I think I've seen that in some other threads, but I haven't done many PbP games before, so I wasn't sure.
    Yeah, I was wondering that myself. If so, Dark Orange and http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=573241

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Igneas can be found here, and I think I'll claim... Dark Red.

Extended Signature Link

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Tempting as it is to speak in Gold to match Dian's scales, I'm thinking I should pick something darker. Y'know, before Dian's first speech causes one or more of us to go blind... I'm thinking the Saddle Brown I use for Alala, since my usual Medium Blue is probably better given to one of the more aquatic dragons...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I like bright red . . . blue might fit better, though. Yeah, blue.
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2015-10-04 at 08:00 PM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ok, so I'm slightly slow and missed my name in the people chosen. I apologize for the slow response but I'll get his outlook on the others shortly.

I think Aussir will use a dark Blue

I'll look at what everyone has already mentioned about Aussir and edit this post up with his outlooks.

Spoiler: Dian
    Show
    I agree that they may argue quite a bit. Aussir is the more naturally athletic of the two and doesn't let Dian forget it. Aussir doesn't agree with Dian about following laws and feels everyone should be free of the shackles of law and order. I could see accepting an offer to at the very least learn to speak common (maybe an event to get him to realize that just knowing how to speak draconic isn't going to work). He doesn't have any reading skill at all though. In response to your question, while he does have a swim speed, Aussir can't breathe underwater.

Show
    Aussir respects Igneas' abilities in combat. While he doesn't agree with his style of fighting, it makes a great complement to Aussir. Igneas probably tends to be the initiator (along with Maalaxadior) while Aussir is the one sneaking around to flank the enemy. He isn't so enthused about the fire breathing part of Igneas though :) Overall, I think Aussir would get along with Igneas the best out of the group since they share similar combat approaches and alignments

Spoiler: Maalaxadior
    Show
    Aussir loves to see Maalaxadior play tricks on people, just not on him. In combat, he views him as being pretty similar to Igneas; a good fighter if not a little to direct. He also thinks that Maalaxadior wastes to much time pretending to be a human.

Spoiler: Bek'adulee
    Show
    Is driven nuts by her constant attempts to culture Aussir (assuming reading and speaking here). So far Aussir hasn''t seen any reason to waste time learning another language or reading skills when he could spend his time becoming a better fighter. Although he does like her use of stealth in combat and think highly of it. Also, Aussir thinks Bek is a bit overprotective and could give him some space.

Spoiler: Lorgar
    Show
    I'm thinking he appreciates Lorgar's toughness, but thinks it's wasted since he also considers Lorgar Brainiac/Nerd of the group. I could also see these two getting into sticky situations together. Between Lorgar's brains (and somewhat lacking common sense) and Aussir's inability to interact in conversation (outside of Draconic), they could really screw up an interaction with any intelligent creature. I could see Lorgar misinterpreting what someone says and responding inappropriately and then Aussir thinking a fight is about to start, strikes first to seize the advantage.
    Last edited by JonU; 2015-10-04 at 09:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

A quick reference Chart for everyone:

Player Character Role
    Sønderjye Lorgar Psion
    JonU Aussir Kepesk Slightly Stealthy Fighter
    GuessWho Bek'adulee Coldhearted Backstabber
    Nyarai Maalaxadior Shapechanging fighter
    Draconium Igneas In your face fighter
    whoiam Dian Super brainiac

Only person i didn't see claiming a color was Sønderjye. But I think he said earlier something about being away for a day or two.
    Last edited by JonU; 2015-10-06 at 09:54 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Generally it seems that Lorgar is going to be the group's little brother. I would like to suggest that he was born a couple of seconds after everyone else and fiercely use that in discussions.

Spoiler: Dian
    Show
    Lorgar considers Dian to be smart and he snjoying most of their talks and their descussions although Lorgar does sometime become upset in a disagreement because he feels that she disregards his physical experience with other species. He may have occationally yelled at her due to her lack of empathy when discussing some creature that he likes.
    Go Swim Team Dragon!

Show
    Lorgar likes Igneas and generally considers his protection to be a sign of affection. From time to time he does give Igneas a hard time keeping an eye on him, sometimes due to spite but most of the time due to being distracted by something interesting. He enjoys playing with Igneas to see if he has found a form that is physically stronger than him, this far it has been unsuccessful.
    How big is Igneas temper? I imagine that Lorgar might sometime be scared of a big aggresion and sometimes might try to sooth him.

Spoiler: Maal
    Show
    Of all the dragons I imagine that Lorgar finds the biggest resemblance in Maal. Lorgar enjoys the creativity in Maal's pranks and I could see them becomming a duo of pranksters from time to time. He also enjoys to have another shapeshifter although he passed Maal's abilities in that long ago.

Spoiler: Bek
    Show
    As with Igneas, Lorgar likes Bek and considers his protection a sign of affection. I could see the young dragon. What does "trying to corrupt" mean exactly?

Spoiler: Aussir
    Show
    I'm not sure about Aussir. On one hand they could be close since Lorgar isn't scared away by his barbaric attitude and on the other Lorgar isn't always as careful of what he says so he might consistently say things that Aussir finds disrespectful.

Virdish:
    I see that multiple people have flaws. How would you feel about if I picked one up for myself even though character sheets is officially finished?
    This isn't a big one and I expect a deny but I figured I might ask anyway. IMO there isn't a lot of interesting psionic classes. How'd you feel about adapting some spellcasting prestige class for psionics? In particular I am starting to find Incarnum interesting and wondered if I could go with something like a totemist/psion/soulcaster?
    Reading through the other's BG's I get the impression that there are a lot of elder dragons in the world. I was under the impression that only 5 year old dragons was send to this world. Is my impression incorrect?

For the other wyrmlings:
    What are your oppinion of non-dragons? Do you feel superior by default? Equal by default? Does it depend on the individual creature? Any particular type you feel superior too if applicable?

Not gone, just busy. I'm not sure what the expected post rate is.
    Picking red because that's totally fitting for a water drake right? All my usual colors are picked and I don't know what would fit better. Open to ideas.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sønderjye View Post

Show
    As with Igneas, Lorgar likes Bek and considers his protection a sign of affection. I could see the young dragon. What does "trying to corrupt" mean exactly?

For the other wyrmlings:
    What are your opinions of non-dragons? Do you feel superior by default? Equal by default? Does it depend on the individual creature? Any particular type you feel superior too if applicable?

Picking red because that's totally fitting for a water drake right? All my usual colors are picked and I don't know what would fit better. Open to ideas.
    Lorgar's already CN, that's close enough to CE that Bek sees a chance to bring him around to the one true way of thinking.

Bek is superior to all the things ever
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

20. - Top - End - #20

G

Show

For the other wyrmlings:
    What are your oppinion of non-dragons? Do you feel superior by default? Equal by default? Does it depend on the individual creature? Any particular type you feel superior too if applicable?

This is the definition of corrupt along with some words with similar meaning.

Cause to become morally depraved.
    "he has corrupted the boy"
    synonyms: deprave, pervert, debauch, degrade, warp, lead astray, defile, pollute, sully
    "a book that might corrupt its readers"

I would imagine that we would feel superior to most if not all creatures except for other dragons.

Something else I was thinking about, since white dragons are generally the smallest of the dragons, would the others consider him the runt of the group since he would tend to be the smallest?
    Last edited by JonU; 2015-10-05 at 10:01 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Reading through the other's BG's I get the impression that there are a lot of elder dragons in the world. I was under the impression that only 5 year old dragons was send to this world. Is my impression incorrect?
    The impression I got is that they were trying to make this world convincing as one that's been around for aeons - an effort that involved importing plenty of life-forms that are now technically older than the world itself. We're just the first generation to be hatched native to the new world, not the oldest dragons present.

Depends on the individual creature. After all, Dian's not the most impressive of specimens physically, is she? It didn't take much study of magic to realise that it's possible for a small, scale-less human to wield power equivalent to an adult dragon...

I said I'd take Saddle Brown, because I assumed one of the aquatic dragons would want Medium Blue. JonU just picked the wrong colour out of my post when putting the summary table together.

Quote Originally Posted by JonU View Post
    Something else I was thinking about, since white dragons are generally the smallest of the dragons, would the others consider him the runt of the group since he would tend to be the smallest?
    Comparison of the levels at which Aussir and Dian will hit various sizes:
    Size Aussir Dian
    Large 8 7
    Huge 12 14
    Gigantic 19 21
    Collossal 25
    What that suggests to me is that Aussir was born the smallest, but grows the fastest, and will spend up to ECL 10 or so catching up with the larger dragons, at which point he'll be our biggest member up into the epic levels...

22. - Top - End - #22

Virdish:
    I see that multiple people have flaws. How would you feel about if I picked one up for myself even though character sheets is officially finished?
    This isn't a big one and I expect a deny but I figured I might ask anyway. IMO there isn't a lot of interesting psionic classes. How'd you feel about adapting some spellcasting prestige class for psionics? In particular I am starting to find Incarnum interesting and wondered if I could go with something like a totemist/psion/soulcaster?
    Adding a flaw sounds good, as does adapting spellcasting classes to psionics and yes there are a number of elder dragons in the world but they are under divine decree to not interfere or tell you the truth. They may protect you if they are attacked at home but other then that your on your own kind of a deal.

The IC will be up shortly. Had a meet the family dinner with my girlfriend last night and need to take my son to the Dr today.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, now I want to see when everyone will get to grow in relation to one another.

Styx: Large at 8, Huge at 12, Gargantuan at 19

White: Large at 8, Huge at 12, Gargantuan at 19

Red: Large at 5, Huge at 13, Gargantuan at 20, Colossal at 26

Naiadragon: Large at 7, Huge at 13, Gargantuan at 19

Gold: Large at 7, Huge at 14, Gargantuan at 21, Colossal at 25

Copper: Large at 11, Huge at 16 (No epic progression given, but it should hit Gargantuan at 23)

So, it looks like the Red Dragon starts growing first, but finishes last. White and Styx Dragons grow at the same rate, and Coppers begin growing last (though they finish growing before Gold and Red). Interesting...

Anyways, Igneas is probably inherently distrustful of non-dragons, but he doesn't view dragons as superior - not at the wyrmling's age, anyways.

Oh, and I'm glad to hear the IC will be up soon.

Extended Signature Link

24. - Top - End - #24

I had just been going off numbers listed in the Draconinomicon. At it's largest size a white dragon is 85 feet nose to tail, along with Copper. Gold, red reaches around 120 feet. I didn't look at the others, but I would say it is safe to say that if they reach gargantuan, then on average, their overall length is around 85 feet. If they hit colossal, their overall length will be around 120 feet.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

At some point I get disease powers. Can I use one from the BoVD?
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

26. - Top - End - #26

At some point I get disease powers. Can I use one from the BoVD?
    Yes, that should be fine. Also the IC will be up shortly. Look back for an update with a link.

And here it is.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...3#post19916003
    Last edited by Virdish; 2015-10-05 at 10:55 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

It's starting, it's finally starting... Ooh, I'm so excited! This is shaping up to be a really fun game!

Extended Signature Link

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

How do you feel about adapting the soulcaster(MoI, 142) with the following change:

Spoiler: Prereqs
    Show

• Knowledge(arcane) 8 changed to Knowledge(Psionics)
    • Incarnum Spellshaping replaced with either Midnight Augmentation(prefered) or Azure Talent
    • Abilty to cast 2nd level spells changed to 2nd lvl psionic power

Spoiler: Class Features
    Show

• Advances psionics instead of spellcasting
    • Arcane Investment works on a single psionic power
    • Magical Destillation works by spending power points equal to manifester level and getting power points/2 rounded up.

I agree Draco, it is shaping up to a fun game.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2015-10-06 at 03:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Between the entire 6-dragon party, I think we've spent 8 skill ranks in Diplomacy. 2 on Igneas (checks at a +3), and 6 on Dian (checks at a +8). Which I think means they're probably the only two wyrmlings to have actually learned their manners yet

30. - Top - End - #30

Soulcaster changes look good. As a note to everyone, expect a post from me by tonight. There will be some hooks given and the party will be free to choose which to follow. Basically it will be a "well here are the leads we have." Type answer