A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Pathfinder Settlement: The Village of Graveshire

I just discovered the Pathfinder rules for settlements and I figured I'd make an interesting experiment, let me know what you think and please let me know if I've made a mistake

Spoiler
    Show
    The Village of Graveshire
    A somber village led by a powerful vampire, it's inhabitants are ghouls, it's guards are ghasts, and the captain of the guard is a mohrg.
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Population: 100 (1 vampire, 1 mohrg, 10 ghasts, 88 ghouls)

Government: Overlord

Corruption: 1
    Crime: -8
    Economy: -3
    Law: 2
    Lore: -3
    Society: -7

Danger: 0
    Base Limit: 400 GP
    Purchase Limit: 5000 GP
    Spellcasting: 3rd

Base Value: 400 GP
    Minor: 2d4
    Medium: 1d4
    Major: --

Qualities

Corrupt Watch
    The ghasts that guard the city wander the streets and will beat anyone who breaks the rules, sometimes causing horrid damage to already ghoulish bodies. Even worse are the punishments to those who are imprisoned, forced to rot forever without promise of a second death.

Desecrate
    The village of Graveshire is continuously affected by a Desecrate spell due to the number and strength of its foul inhabitants, this is as if it were cast by a 19th level cleric for the purposes of dispelling it.

Disadvantages:

Plagued:
    Every aspect of the village of Graveshire is infected with the disease known as Ghoul Fever. Each day spent in Graveshire results in a 5% chance that a living creature must make a fortitude save or contract Ghoul Fever.

Notable NPCs:
    The Overlord: Ethan Silvermist (LE Half Elf Vampire Sorcerer 5 Rogue 3)
    Captain of the Guard: Skretch (NE Mohrg Fighter 2 Barbarian 3)

Kind of an important note, this village kind of relies a little bit on a houserule of mine, where things that get killed by a vampire's energy drain rises as a ghast under the control of the vampire.

I normally run a game that's a mix of 3.0 and 3.5, taking the best of each according to my rules of fun and silliness, but I've discovered just how amazing Pathfinder is, so I frequently use rules from that now. Let me know what you think of this, and I might just make more in the future. Feel free to add to any of what you see above, suggest that something be removed, or critique on something weird.
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2015-10-08 at 08:23 AM.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Pathfinder Settlement: The Village of Graveshire

Edam is a kind of cheese; please tell me you didn't do that on purpose. Because all I could think was at least you didn't name a ghast Limberger. (Though appropriate but definitely not horror inducing). You may want to change that name--Adam or Ethan would be more appropriate.

Ghasts have the distinct disadvantage of their stench. I'd be rather surprised that a vampire would even want them around.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I was just quickly trying to think of a stupid name for the vampire because I'm godawful at naming things...I think I'm going to change that to Ethan.

I didn't actually know Edam was a type of cheese...

About the stench, I think a vampire would be fairly accustomed to the stench of death and decay, perhaps he keeps himself sealed away, the only one allowed to visit him being Skretch the mohrg.
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Ethan is much better than Edam. There are lots of online sources for baby names: Here's one for Medieval names:
    http://www.top-100-baby-names-search...boy-names.html

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ok, my main question; why is a CR10 Vampire content with ruling 99 Creatures he can't feed off?
    I admit full culpability for Phyrnglsnyx

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rift_Wolf View Post
    Ok, my main question; why is a CR10 Vampire content with ruling 99 Creatures he can't feed off?
    Perhaps it's to prevent himself from snacking on his main source of labor, maybe they're doing something for him that's evil and heinous, requiring multiple people that never tire or take breaks.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    Perhaps it's to prevent himself from snacking on his main source of labor, maybe they're doing something for him that's evil and heinous, requiring multiple people that never tire or take breaks.
    Ghouls are a great way to dispose of vampire victims before they turn.