Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839
Results 1,141 to 1,146 of 1146
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Request an OotS style Avatar 14: Even More Revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    The extra arms aren't really attached to her body, it's just that that's kind of the best I'm going to get out of the OOTS art style that isn't going to look a bit strange, since they float over her shoulders. They're also large, having a reach of 10 feet.

They're translucent, and deal Force damage. Using Ki, a monk can summon them for 10 minutes and start using them to attack immediately, without moving their body at all. Just stand 10 feet away and have them start hitting. At later levels you can summon a ghostly mask/face, and finally a full body, getting benefits from this as you go.

Astral Self monks tend to have some sort of internal struggle with their identity, personality, and whatever else makes up their "self". My character in particular rolls a save every time she summons them to see if her highly protective alternate personality is going to come out and fight her friends.
    ...So, extra attacks and stuff if you make a save? Is the save thing just a flavor thing or is that the archetype in general?
    Cool elan (no not that kind) Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Extended signature here.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    ...So, extra attacks and stuff if you make a save? Is the save thing just a flavor thing or is that the archetype in general?
    Ah, you are correct, I forgot to mention. It is a self-imposed complication. The class as normal, you can summon them with just a bonus action and some ki. With her I have her use her full turn of actions (besides movement) to summon them and then roll a save.

But hey, I got an Inspiration point out of "going along" with the part of the story I practically took the steering wheel away from the DM for a moment with because I was so excited to make it happen
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-11-18 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    I am nonbinary.

Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, you are correct, I forgot to mention. It is a self-imposed complication. The class as normal, you can summon them with just a bonus action and some ki. With her I have her use her full turn of actions (besides movement) to summon them and then roll a save.
    Cool. I'm guessing it's one of the better archetypes? Though to be fair it can't be quite as bad as 3.5e; from what I've seen the gap between casters and martials is much smaller and everyone typically has nice things in general.
    Cool elan (no not that kind) Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Archive Of Our Own FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Extended signature here.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Cool. I'm guessing it's one of the better archetypes? Though to be fair it can't be quite as bad as 3.5e; from what I've seen the gap between casters and martials is much smaller and everyone typically has nice things in general.
    It is pretty good. 1 ki point for 10 minutes of 2 magical attacks a round is quite strong, especially at lower levels when you wouldn't really be affecting nonmagic resistance as a monk until 6th level. But I think there may be stronger archetypes, or better ways to play this one (ik I'm not going to play it optimized, for the sake of RP). At the same time yes the gap is pretty small. Monks get a lot of nice things.
    Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    I am nonbinary.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you for picking it up! Looks great.

I know it's not the best in the OOTS art style, but if she could be barefoot? Or if that doesn't work, having her feet be only just visible below the dress.

Also, if the brown could be a bit lighter of a shade? Closer to olive.
    Here you go:

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Troll in the Playground

Thank you very much! It looks great :D
    I am nonbinary.