Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Khajiit has sketches if you have the sugar...

Okay so I'm not a khajiit and I don't want your moon sugar. The quarantine has given me a lot if time to do what I keep meaning to make time for, such as catching up on books, writing, and drawing. Naturally, I've sunk my time into Animal Crossing, and done none of the above.

I figured I could start here, seeing that I don't like reading on my phone, and my good laptop is dead so I have that as excuse 😁😆and the other one I can't really type much on.

What I can offer is a mediocre, rough, colored sketch (likely from the waist up) of your very own character of your choosing, drawn on my phone, in a relatively timely fashion. I'm listing examples in the spoilers below.

What I ask in return:

1. Be kind to everyone in this thread.
    2. Be specific when posting your request.
    3. Have a little patience. I'm still really into AC, family time, and binging and playing rookie chess with my even noobier partner.
    4. Please keep in mind I'm by no means good or even decent. I'm o.k. at drawing on any tech device.

I will be taking three requests at a time. Once a space frees up, someone else willing can take it.

Spoiler: Examples
    Show

In case the pics are being cut off:

https://www.imageupload.net/image/wlWmh
    https://www.imageupload.net/image/wlIFM
    https://www.imageupload.net/image/wlPtx

Takers:
    1. Hogan ta Bos - Lvl 2 Expert
    Last edited by N7Paladin; 2020-05-24 at 06:37 PM.
    For free sketches: click here

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Khajiit has sketches if you have the sugar...

I've got a character idea that might make a reasonable drawing if you're interested in it. The character has recently been rejected for being basically too crazy for this campaign but I will be saving it to play some other day, because it's pretty much my greatest creation yet.

Hogan ta Bos ("of the Wild") is a minotaur valor bard hooligan with a dash of hillbilly and swamp dweller, a sports fan (mostly gladiator fights) who dives into dungeons playing a marching drum/snare drum with sticks in both hands, a small whistle around his neck/in his mouth and his horns as his only real physical weapons. His favorite gladiator stable is "The Labyrinth" (or Het Labyrint, in Dutch, although it would only make sense to be in the picture written in minotaur or giant, the regional trade language. Who needs to use words anyway? They are overrated.), with a logo looking somewhat like this:

That logo (if it adds something to the art) could be on the top surface of his drum, or otherwise it might appear on his clothing or armor somewhere, maybe on the shoulder or something (a tattoo fits thematically, but doesn't really work with his hair, see two bits down.)

Eventually he'd be wearing at least medium armor when on an adventure, because his role is to do battlefield control from the front lines using bard spells and horn shoves, but a more leisurely outfit could look cool as well. I wrote a boar skin cape into his background, so that could make an appearance.

Hogan himself looks-wise is a pretty highland cattle looking minotaur, lots and lots of lightish brown hair. He's medium sized, but clearly larger than a typical human and about as broadly build as that size category allows. Strength is his best stat and he weights the same as two large men. The horns aren't very big, maybe a bit over a foot in length or so, and shape wise look a bit like the ones in my avatar, I like that shape.

Hogan likes to yell a lot, drinks a little too much beer, enjoys life in a crowd and generally is just a party waiting to break out wherever he goes. I guess people in his lands really appreciate a good drumming. He's got a good sense of direction even in maze-like circumstances and is pretty good with small boats, although I don't think either of those have a lot to do with how he looks on a waist up drawing without background. His best friend is the bartender and his worst enemy the referee.

Usually for a character I can find something on google that can serve as at least a starting point for some photoshopping, but this time I seem to have actually stumbled upon something pretty original. So if it sounds like something you're interested in drawing, I'd be happy with it.

And the next several times you need another avatar debackgrounded I'll happily repay you that way.

(I quite like your examples by the way. The dragonborn is good, nice perspective.)

(This post was edited about a billion times to add a single detail with every edit.)
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2020-05-24 at 11:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

I love it!!!
    Actually, I've always liked Minotaurs (and highland cows), and used to make them out if polymer clay. This will be my first time drawing them though, but I'm hyped, especially given Hogan's description!

Looking forward to working on him, and thank you kindly Lvl 2 Expert 😁

I'll either post here or PM you if I have questions, whichever is better for ya

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by N7Paladin View Post
    I'll either post here or PM you if I have questions, whichever is better for ya
    I'm fine with both. No real preference.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    I'm fine with both. No real preference.
    For his drum, did you envision a bit centered one, or smaller and lower to the side a bit?

Or if something else let me know.

Also, do you happen to have a preference for what the whistle looks like?

The symbol, I hope, unless it goes against him, is so far going to be carved onto one if his horns. But I thought your drum idea was great, so maybe both? What do you think?
    Last edited by N7Paladin; Yesterday at 02:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by N7Paladin View Post
    For his drum, did you envision a bit centered one, or smaller and lower to the side a bit?

Or if something else let me know.
    The smaller kind, with the all wooden sticks, hanging from a bandoleer or some similar not too modern looking contraption. Like what the guy in the middle of your picture is using or what these guys have. (The ones you see front and center in the first bit of the video. Their outfits and their "touching our noses with our sticks" act are a bit silly, but that general type of drum.) The larger bass drums with the big fluffy sticks really need something else played alongside them to have proper music, the smaller snare drum is a bit more of a solo instrument, at least as far as marching music goes.

Also, do you happen to have a preference for what the whistle looks like?
    Something simple, small and loud. Just a one tone. "I don't think this counts as a musical instrument" whistle, for proper hooligan-style noise making. I don't actually have a great idea of how a whistle like that would have looked in past centuries... Something looking like the classic police/boyscout whistle would work I figure:

The design is not actually super old I think, but it does have a bit of a timeless look to it. Or something wooden would be cool. But something he can just hold in his mouth and blow into while drumming, as an alternative to the singing and yelling he does at other times.

Honestly the realistic historical equivalent of this music style is pipe and tabor, but I'm shooting more for a mildly anachronistic, less melodious and louder setup.

The symbol, I hope, unless it goes against him, is so far going to be carved onto one if his horns. But I thought your drum idea was great, so maybe both? What do you think?
    That's not an option I had considered, but I guess it would make sense as a minotaur tattoo equivalent. If you think it looks cool, go for it!
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; Yesterday at 04:38 PM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!