New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default (IC) Routing The Red Skulls

The Grinning Tankard lies before you, one of the largest taverns this far down in Sharn. If your contacts are right, this is where you'll find the dwarf looking to hire adventurers; all you'd need to do is let the bartender know, and he'll direct you to the private booth being set up. Once that's done, it's time to play the waiting game until d'Kundarak arrives. Entering the tavern, you see the long bar dominating the western wall, waitresses bustling back and forth, and dozens of patrons enjoying each other's company; dangling overhead are a series of exquisite chandeliers, and sharp sounds echoing from the balcony above indicate some games of pool are taking place.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Routing The Red Skulls

Never one for subtleties, Azurette approaches the barkeeper and says I'm looking for the private booth-the one d'Kundarak set up.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

The hulking orc behind the bar raises an eyebrow at you in appraisal; after a moment's perusal, he jerks a thumb over his shoulder at the southwestern staircase. "You'll be wantin' th' middle booth. Dwarf ain't arrived yet, though, an' th' girls're still cleanin' it up."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Reaching the bar, she went towards the barkeeper. Seeing that someone was also there for the same reason she meekly said. "I'm here for the s-same reason... Same booth." She almost hid behind her staff.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Pyon View Post
    Reaching the bar, she went towards the barkeeper. Seeing that someone was also there for the same reason she meekly said. "I'm here for the s-same reason... Same booth." She almost hid behind her staff.
    Well then, let's go. We won't get in the way of the staff, Azurette assures the barkeep, then puts her hand on the other woman's shoulder. Come on, let's take a seat.

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #6

BardGuy

"Yes we should!" She shivers at the woman's touch, clearly not used to physical contact. Norah makes her way to the bar, and takes a seat. "I'm Norah Corus, servant of Aureon. I-It's nice to meet you! A f-friend of mine should be here soon as well..."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

The bartender waves your concerns off, returning to his patrons. Making your way up the stairs, you see three curtained-off booths along the south wall; through some tinted glass, you can see some billiard tables in use, but the glass obscures the players. At the middle booth, a couple members of the wait staff are busy preparing the table.

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Pyon View Post
    "Yes we should!" She shivers at the woman's touch, clearly not used to physical contact. Norah makes her way to the bar, and takes a seat. "I'm Norah Corus, servant of Aureon. I-It's nice to meet you! A f-friend of mine should be here soon as well..."
    I'm Azurette-a pleasure to meet you as well, she says, taking a seat at an already-cleaned spot on the table. So what made you want to come here?

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #9

BardGuy

"I had a vision of the Red Skull's fall... S-so I've come to help take them down. The money helps too of course..."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

A cloaked figure wobbles down the street. The way he or she walks is rather bizarre - swaying from side to side, front to back, as though its upper body isn't firmly set in place. And it seems to walk in an ever-continuing sequence of extremely tiny steps. People around it stare at it curiously - some of them proceeding to dart their eyes away, others whispering to one another silently.
    -It's the thing in the rumors. The slime kid. Never thought it's true.-
    -What IS it exactly? Is it even a boy or a girl?
    -Hell would I know? Creepy thing.-

The figure stops dead in its tracks. It sways its upper body to take a glance at the entrance of the tavern that looms before it. "Hmmmm...?"

-No! Don't you guys know? An adventurer, they say. It's rescued some caravans. Slayed some monsters, saved the people from harm.-
    -Really? That thing? I'd expect it to be the one who ATTACKS cities.-
    -Doesn't look like it at all...-

A slimy green hand wraps itself around the doorknob of the tavern's entrance. It slowly creaks open, and a head pokes out. A head resembling human - but at the same time, definitely inhuman.

On first glance, it's a boyish girl, her glossy hair a green-ish black. Her skin is oily and green. Her eyelashes are long and dark, her eyes are large and sparkling. But that's not just what she is.

On second glance, it becomes impossible to tell whether she - it - is even a boy or a girl. And "she" doesn't have hair, but instead a mass of thin tentacles of black and green that sprout from her scalp to "resemble" hair - and its tips writhe and twist like snakes.
    The boy-girl doesn't have any eyebrows nor eyelashes - only dark marks surrounding her eyes to look like eyelashes. Her eyes are wide-open and large, moist and covered with a transparent jelly-like substance, and the dazzling crystal color of her irises constantly change around, like a beautiful, otherworldly caleidoscope.

The boy-girl wriggles out of the door and stands straight. She blinks with her enormous eyes, and her irises spark and shine.

Everyone around the boy-girl is staring at her. Or is it a girl-boy...? No one can tell. She isn't neither boy nor girl. And she isn't human.

"...H-m-m-m-m...?"
    the boy-girl inclines her head, and it seems like she's unsure what to do. The head keeps on inclining. Inclining, inclining, inclining... till it whirls around 360 degrees like some eldritch clock and returns to its original place. The boy-girl gasps, blushes (at least, it seemed like she could have blushed) - and uses her hands to hold her head in place. She clearly hadn't meant it. She peeks around to see if people have seen her. It seems they all have, given their stares and shocked faces.

"......"
    the boy-girl, her hands at her cheeks, moves over to the barkeeper and opens her mouth. "...Ah-uh-...Mmmmm...."

She wriggles a hand into her pockets, and rummages for some time. She takes out a piece of a parchment upon which some words are scribbled - she reads: "...d...Kun...da, rak...? Um...excuse, me... My name is Billibie. Billibie, Blocks, Blasterong... Is... is d'Kundarek here...? "
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

The barkeep eyes you oddly, but eventually he grunts out "Second floor, middle booth. Try not to...uh...ooze on anything too much."

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Heart walks into the establishment after having given it a thorough look over for exits and entrances, intended or otherwise. Once inside she moves slowly doing the same and extending that appraising look towards the objects and people as well. Where to duck behind in case a fight breaks out or what table is sturdy enough to dive under in case of a burst of magic or flamable potion is thrown or who to misdirect towards whom as a potential foe in the case she needs a distraction or obstruction. She wonders briefly how she's perceived by those looking her way, largely because of the minotaur accompanying her, and what body language and tone and phrasing of words would best turn them into assets or at least obstacles for others if she has the need. Her pace picks back up to normal after the brief intense examination of the space to be replaced with a more passive ever ongoing examination, perhaps making one or two re-think their opinion that her pace was due to the large crossbow on her back.

She continues forward to the barkeep intending to get directions, readying a response to counter an objection to her current traveling companion when she sees spots someone she hadn't been expecting to be here. She tenses, a wary patron notices and their eyes go wide first with alarm then confusion as she burst into a sprint and lunges through the air to tackle/hug the unawares being with an exuberant exclamation of, "BILLI!"
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2016-04-23 at 01:48 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

While Heart's bubbly charm and attractive body seem to ease most of the patrons, her arrival is tainted by her connection to the more monstrous Billibie. Still, most of the patrons content themselves to just keep an eye out peripherally...

Spoiler: ...but Heart notices...
    Show
    ...that some patrons are acting a bit more paranoid than the rest, keeping eyes on everyone.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Heart spares but a moment to beckon the minotaur to come closer and keep out a watchful eye for trouble. She too busy with more important matters to be bothered to do so herself at the moment.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    She continues forward to the barkeep intending to get directions, readying a response to counter an objection to her current traveling companion when she sees spots someone she hadn't been expecting to be here. She tenses, a wary patron notices and their eyes go wide first with alarm then confusion as she burst into a sprint and lunges through the air to tackle/hug the unawares being with an exuberant exclamation of, "BILLI!"
    "...Heart?" Billibie blinks, but is the next second knocked off her eight tentacle-feet (concealed by her cloak), tumbling into the floor behind with a squealing yelp. She then slowly gets to her feet again with a smile. Her eyes are flashing with joy - "...Heart! We were together, together in the Owlbear Race incident! Do you remember? I remember you, Heart!"
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Show
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

As Billibie stands, Heart retains her grip on her which results in Heart being in a weird half-standing position that looks really awkward due to the differences in their height. Heart doesn't seem to care in the slightest as she says, "Of course I remember. Who could forget this adorable little thing!?" and then Heart nuzzles her cheek up against Billibie's while also murmuring softly "Sooooo cute!"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Dain Hammerbolt, Soldier and Paladin of The Silver Flame
    A dwarf on a ram, covered in armor and weapons all showing a Hammer wrapped in a Silver Flame, came clopping up to the Grinning Tankard. The ram didn't quite look like a normal ram, seeming to give out a glowing aura about it. He stopped in front of the pub and jumped off the ram, not bothering to tie him up, as William would not go anywhere without his master and friend.

Dain Hammerbolt walked into the pub and immediately ordered a large tankard of beer. There is never a question as to what organization that Dain belongs to...the Silver Flame's augmented symbol of a Hammer covered in silver, and sometime surrounded by lightning, plastered all over his armor, shield, and even in dwarven runes and symbols on his hammer. He grabs his tankard and starts to walk around and spots the shy and quiet Norah. He bursts out in a laughter and smiles, "Norah Lass!!", he bursts out into the Pub.

He speedily walks over to her as he spouts out some blessings in dwarven, throws his tankard down on the table, and picks the poor thing up in a giant bear hug. He squeezes her tight and sets her back down in her seat, taking one next to her, "How are ya lass? Life been' treatin' ya well? Been a little bit since we last have seen each other? What trouble have ya been gettin' into?!" He takes a large gulp from his tankard, draining about 1/3 of it as a normal person might take a normal sip, and looking to his old friend.

Norah and he had met before, adventuring and fighting together, as well as growing closer with theological discussions about their respective gods. He'd never known a human woman before with such a meek and quiet personality, that could debate and defend her position about her deity with such vim and vigor. Dain took an instant liking to her and adopted her in his mind as a fellow dwarf.....even if she was wrong.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

18. - Top - End - #18

BardGuy

Norah turned around immediately after hearing the dwarvish voice. She hugged the dwarf back, unresisting of his hug and even laughing. "Dain, it's so good to see you! I have been great, you know helping where I can and adding magic to my tome whenever I can." She turned to Azurette. "Azurette, this is Dain. He is a dear friend of mine!" Norah's voice was clearly different now, the presence of her friend actually helping her out of her shell. "W-What about you Dain? I bet you've been causing trouble again."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Dain Hammerbolt, Soldier and Paladin of The Silver Flame
    Dain smiles as his friend laughs. He always did like it when she laughed, poor things always being so meek and shy. He stuck out a hand to shake Azuette's hand, "Please to me you, lass. Dain Hammerbolt, Warrior for the Silver Flame, and more importantly good friend of Norah here." He then turns back to his wee friend, "HAHA! Of course lass, the evil in the world isn't going to smite itself!" He then looks over to see a Tiefling and a.....something....talking with each other an embracing. He raises and eyebrow, but that certainly isn't the weirdest thing he's ever seen.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Face

A pale, black haired elf with piercing green eyes enters the bar. He is slightly overdressed for this kind of establishment, but not enough to really stand out. With a sense of purpose he walks up to the first floor, knowing where to go. Thats why he is a little bit late. He wouldnt go to such a meeting without scoping the place out first. Thinking back 10 minutes, he remembers beeing in the same spot as a hobgoblin rudely asking for directions to the dwarf, and reflects on how different this whole room feels from an elven perspective. As hobgoblin he was part of the mass of people in these lower wards. As an elf he somewhat stands apart from them. But it didnt really matter. He had decided on this persona to attend this meeting so thats what he had to work with.

Walking up to the booth he looks at the assembled group and adresses them in a slight Karrnathi accent: "Greetings, I am Ignacio Jacobin. A pleasure to meet you!"

Oh he had met a few of them in the past already, but they hadnt met him. Not Ignacio that is.

He was still keeping the option open to reveal his true nature to them at some later point, of course only if this mission requires it, but even thinking about it was an unusual line of thinking for him. At the moment only his contacts at the Tyrants knew it and every expansion of that circle meant a substantial increase in risk for him. But he´ll have to figure this one out later.
    Last edited by lonewolf1210; 2016-04-25 at 06:13 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    As Billibie stands, Heart retains her grip on her which results in Heart being in a weird half-standing position that looks really awkward due to the differences in their height. Heart doesn't seem to care in the slightest as she says, "Of course I remember. Who could forget this adorable little thing!?" and then Heart nuzzles her cheek up against Billibie's while also murmuring softly "Sooooo cute!"
    "Eh...Eh-hee-hee..." Billibie laughes, blushing. Her hair-tentacles wriggle around, some of them tying themselves into knots. It's a sign of when she's happy and a bit embarassed at the same time.
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

After indulging herself for another thirty seconds Heart finally releases her grip on the Billibie and stands up properly. "I could squeeze you all day, but I'm actually here for a job. What about you?" she asks.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

"I came here for…this person," Billibie shows Heart the parchment, the name "d'Kundarak" scribbled upon it. "How about Heart?"
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh lovely! It looks like we'll be working together then! This will be so much fun!" Heart says and giggles in a way that's probably just a little bit unsettling to those listening in on the conversation. "Did you already get directions? Or should I go ask?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

"Second floor, middle booth, the barkeeper said," Billibie carefully unties her hair-tentacles. "Shall we go then? Shall we~~?"
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Face

Ignacio sits down at the booth with a friendly smile on his face and internally takes stock on the three people assembled here.

The Half-elf is a slight mystery for now. Certainly looks pretty tough, which will be useful.

The human is a follower of Aureon. Could certainly be way worse. Contrary what others might think, the Nine are equally as important to the balance in the world as the Six - just not as important to me.

Speaking of "could be worse": The Silver Flame. What have I done to deserve this kind of punishment to have to work with fanatics that accept as law the mortal interpretation of a "divine voice" that none can hear? That bring war and violence against people they consider evil and heretical in their own narrowminded view of the world, claiming to work for the greater good? And all that autocratically controlled by the theocatic fascist tyranny of Thrane. I could vomit.
    But who knows, maybe I can show this misguided dwarf the errors of his ways. That would be a real challenge considering the archetypical stubbornness of dwarves...

In the meanwhile he ordered a good wine and started some smalltalk.

"So Dain, you look like a war veteran. Any war stories you might want to share with us?"
    Last edited by lonewolf1210; 2016-04-25 at 06:13 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, we shall." Heart replies cheerfully and walks arm in arm with Billibie over to the group, followed by the minotaur.

As they approach she looks over each of the people standing there.

Very tough looking dwarf, no surprises there. Good to have in a fight. Likely a reliable asset. Silver Flame, may balk at certain methods or be preachy and annoying. May have problems with myself or Billibie, use others and friendlyness to pressure acceptance.

An unusually hearty half-elf. Something else unusual seems to be going on there. Unknown quantity.

Human cleric of Aureon. Friendly with dwarf of other faith. Tolerance and/or team player, good sign. Can also pit faiths against each other if needed to sway opinions. Probably a reliable asset.

Talkative elf. Lightly armored. Ranged weapons and rapier. Instrument. Bard? Need more information. Assume unreliable asset for now.

Billie. Adorable. Lots of magic. Useful. So pretty. Must see how looks in different clothes. Will likely need to persuade others she's not a threat. May actually be a threat to them. Don't really care.

Once they actually get to the table she'll greet them all with a friendly smile, "Well this is an interesting bunch isn't it? A pleasure to meet you all. You may call me Heart." she extends a hand and makes sure to give each of them a few seconds of eye contact and keeping up the smile to put them at ease.

28. - Top - End - #28

BardGuy

"Hello..." Norah returns the greetings of the new arriving adventurers, but doesn't meet their gaze. In fact she looks the other way and shies from looking at them. She sighed lightly. It was easy to work with Dain, but would she be able to handle being in such a big party?

29. - Top - End - #29

Azurette appraises the newcomers, and nods her head at them. Azurette here. Nice to meet you all!

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

"H...Hello~~~..." Billibie waves a slimy green hand. "M...my name is... Billibie, Blocks, Blasterong... nice to meet you... Eh...eh-hee-hee..."
    Show

Show